PDA

View Full Version : Slot machine & possibilties to win

rversluijs
05-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi Guys,

from what i understand everytime you spin the slot machine and dont win a multiplier is added behind the special item. In the manual it says the possibilty win increases. Currently i have a price of 20000, which i MOST HAVE :) the multiplier is currently at 14x. Looking at that wheel and size it most be filled completely with this price. I feel screwed here

Ch4er0n
05-05-2014, 11:23 PM
which rotor is it on in the wheel? each rotor has a different number of possible slots for the daily super reward:

1: 5 slots
2: 25 slots
3: 70 slots
4: 100 slots

if your 20k reward is on rotor 4, you still only have a 14% chance of getting it each spin

xitooner
05-06-2014, 12:19 AM
which rotor is it on in the wheel? each rotor has a different number of possible slots for the daily super reward:
1: 5 slots
2: 25 slots
3: 70 slots
4: 100 slots

Yes, what Ch3eron says; although even on the 4th slot the chances of you getting it is suprisingly high if you truly focus on spinning as many times in the 24 every hour period as you can. I personally usually dont need more than 12-14 spins to clear the wheel (although just yesterday I was playing to get a Rarified Fuel, and I used some gems to up my chances.... and I had to give up at 19x!).

Statistically, your chances of NOT receiving the item are reducing each time you spin. . .which sounds a little backward, but thats just the way its calculated. The first time you spin, you have a 99/100 chance of failure for that roll (ie 1% chance of success). The second time you spin, you have a 98/100 chance of failure (ie 2% chance of success) but your ACCUMULATED chance of not seeing your item in 2 spins = .99*.98 = .9702 = approx 3% chance of success overall. Dont sound big, but it goes up fast.... The next time is... .99*.98*.97= .941 = approx 6% chance of success.

You can keep going and calculate it out... but the bottom-line is that by the time you've done it 10 times or so your odds are around 50% you will have gotten the item. . .and every time afterwards the chances begin to accelerate in your favor rather dramatically.

The only thing that messes this up is that I think you can only get one item in a spin.....so technically those other slots are interfering some with your chances of getting the item in the 4th slot. But taking that into account takes a bit more math than its worth it to do. :)

So... spin. Spin a lot.

sriskus
05-06-2014, 01:26 AM
dang i still havent seen a Rarified Fuel in the slot machine.

I too find i can usually get all the items by 14 or so spins.