PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite island in the Caribbean Sea?

jayjay275
05-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Out of all the exotic locations and islands in the sea, what is your favourite?
If you can post screenshots, but you can just name the location.

I'll post mine.
Misteriosa
http://i.imgur.com/epUCV3Q.jpg?1

Aphex_Tim
05-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Must be either the island where you get to kill Hornigold, (so many ways to get to that mofo <3) or the island where you get stranded with Vane; feels like a big open jungle! I can't remember either of their names though.

jayjay275
05-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Must be either the island where you get to kill Hornigold, (so many ways to get to that mofo <3) or the island where you get stranded with Vane; feels like a big open jungle! I can't remember either of their names though.

Where you kill vane is Isla Provdencia.
Where you kill Hornigold is Santanillas. ;)

oliacr
05-05-2014, 11:05 AM
I don't have a favourite, they are all great looking, well designed islands.

Aphex_Tim
05-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Forgive me, I have a hard time remembering that Spanish gibberish. ;)

jayjay275
05-05-2014, 11:21 AM
Forgive me, I have a hard time remembering that Spanish gibberish. ;)

When you've played over 80 hours, it is easy to remember. :o

Sushiglutton
05-05-2014, 11:48 AM
I also really like Misteriosa. Another one I like is Pinos Isle, with its massive ruin.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131223105356/assassinscreed/pl/images/5/55/Pinos_Isle_(AC4BF)_(by_Kubar906).png

jayjay275
05-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Nice screenshot!

Aphex_Tim
05-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Another one I like is Pinos Isle, with its massive ruin.

I just love how you pronounce that.

Shahkulu101
05-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Long Bay (The Observatory).

SixKeys
05-05-2014, 03:38 PM
Great Inagua.

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-05-2014, 04:28 PM
The islands where Vane and Hornigold were targets. A very nice tropical feel to them.

Ureh
05-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Tulum, cause that was probably the first Mayan ruin that I saw. The alabaster facade on a stretch of sand, green palms, and the azure sea was really alarming and enchanting. I was like... Whoa! Yet they also instilled a sense of foreboding and austerity. Yep. :P

I would've picked Principe too but that's across the Atlantic. :O

Megas_Doux
05-06-2014, 02:06 AM
Santanillas, Providencia and Great Inagua!

Black_Widow9
05-06-2014, 06:12 AM
All of them? I love all of them except maybe the mini ones. I have a hard time getting off the seas to be honest, I just get too piratey.

Hans684
05-06-2014, 06:39 PM
Agree with B_W9. It isn't easy to choose an island out of the Caribbean like it was a pice of pie. You can take the best pice of a pie but Caribbean isn't something that can just be cut in pieces.

MiguelSanch2014
05-08-2014, 06:22 AM
One of mine (can't remember either name) is the centralized, small island with the ship that can blow up. I like the sense of seeing ships passing by, etc.

The other for sheer beauty is the very first one you have to climb with the large brick structure overlooking the sea. And the home hideout island, too.

RinoTheBouncer
05-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Long Bay (The Observatory) and The Great Inagua.

Markaccus
05-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Tulum, cause that was probably the first Mayan ruin that I saw. The alabaster facade on a stretch of sand, green palms, and the azure sea was really alarming and enchanting. I was like... Whoa! Yet they also instilled a sense of foreboding and austerity. Yep. :P

I would've picked Principe too but that's across the Atlantic. :O

I don't mean to be a ****, but Tulum is on the mexican mainland, so not really an island :p . To be honest though it is a nice location in the game. Personally i like Havana in Cuba, i prefer civilisation to the back water places :D

Wolfmeister1010
05-08-2014, 03:26 PM
I'll say my LEAST favorite one: Florida. Just a small little piece of sand with some chests, broken boats, and dead bodies.

My FAVORITE is...probably Misteriosa.

Although I feel like the islands were somewhat of a weak point in the game. None of them felt very "deep" or "jungle-y" to me. Probably because all the fake looking non climbable rock walls and artificial pathways between sections. Great Inagua is just pathway after pathway after pathway..

All the trees are placed in strictly strategic spots, unlike the frontier, where it felt more organic.

They weren't really being truthful when they said that the islands and jungles were totally open. Too many of them were quite constricted.

While the jungles and islands were more tropical and pretty, I still prefer the frontier's sense of openness that the islands couldn't quite deliver.

Markaccus
05-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Can anyone tell me which modern Island "New bone" is? i have been looking at a modern map of the caribbean, and although Ubisoft have compacted parts for the sake of the game (isla provedencia is no where near that close to Jamaica), i have managed to mostly work out which location corresponds to real life. I realise that some islands have now become nothing more than sand banks over time (chinchorro for example is an island with a fort in the game, but now is just a sandy mass off the coast of mexico). I know things get swallowed by the see over the course of time, so just wondering if it is an island that has now sunk in the last 300+ years, or have they moved "miskito cay" up along with isla providencia? Both these islands are off the west coast of nicaragua in reality.

alientraveller
05-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Out of all the exotic locations and islands in the sea, what is your favourite?
If you can post screenshots, but you can just name the location.

I'll post mine.
Misteriosa
http://i.imgur.com/epUCV3Q.jpg?1

You know, you could contribute to the AC Wiki, these images are gorgeous, at the moment we only have one chap adding high-res images.

Megas_Doux
05-08-2014, 11:27 PM
I'll say my LEAST favorite one: Florida. Just a small little piece of sand with some chests, broken boats, and dead bodies.

My FAVORITE is...probably Misteriosa.

Although I feel like the islands were somewhat of a weak point in the game. None of them felt very "deep" or "jungle-y" to me. Probably because all the fake looking non climbable rock walls and artificial pathways between sections. Great Inagua is just pathway after pathway after pathway..

All the trees are placed in strictly strategic spots, unlike the frontier, where it felt more organic.

They weren't really being truthful when they said that the islands and jungles were totally open. Too many of them were quite constricted.

I think the "technical" behind it is the fact that jungles are WAY denser and thicker than the any New England Forest and even though the Frontier feels more open, I take the Caribbean any day.

Ureh
05-09-2014, 05:43 AM
I don't mean to be a ****, but Tulum is on the mexican mainland, so not really an island :p . To be honest though it is a nice location in the game. Personally i like Havana in Cuba, i prefer civilisation to the back water places :D

Yep yep! xD I got Tulum and Great Inagua mixed up! Inagua is my top fav.... those waterfalls and rainbow! Gorgeous! :P

Markaccus
05-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Yep yep! xD I got Tulum and Great Inagua mixed up! Inagua is my top fav.... those waterfalls and rainbow! Gorgeous! :P

Great inagua is the only place i have fully explored so far besides havana. You can tell some real hard work has gone in to the scenery aspect. I like how the ruins look so spectacular during the day, and almost spooky at night. Very clever in a game i think. I have taken all the forts and now i will be looking for cadavers and buried chests (lots of exploring), so i expect i will have a new favorite place by the end of the weekend. (only on my first run through of the game)