PDA

View Full Version : Defeat Four Legendary Ships

lys1030
05-04-2014, 01:35 AM
Some strategies of dealing with legendary ships.

HMS Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVt20NZawXY

El Impoluto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD8ZgXo_qe4

La Dama Negra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUASEgqu4t0

HMS Fearless & Royal Sovereign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Xsv3Tnk6Q

Thank you for watching and hope you will love it!
BTW, looking for Uplay friends. Feel free to add me - lys1030

xdj1nn
05-04-2014, 08:26 AM
what's so special about that? Fully upgraded jackdaw with a bit of brain will do the job, I would give credit to someone able to defeat them with no upgrades or non-elite upgrades, that would be something, this... well, legendary ships are just a bit tricky, but "hardly hard" with full upgrades...

Ureh
05-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Hey it's the thought that counts right? :p
-------------
Btw this is the first time seeing an AC gameplay vid with chinese characters in it. For me anyway. :)

Black_Widow9
05-04-2014, 10:30 PM
what's so special about that? Fully upgraded jackdaw with a bit of brain will do the job, I would give credit to someone able to defeat them with no upgrades or non-elite upgrades, that would be something, this... well, legendary ships are just a bit tricky, but "hardly hard" with full upgrades...
Some people need help whether you think it is difficult or not. It is always great to share tips with the community.

Locopells
05-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Always a pain for me, even if you do them right, and with all upgrades, they still cheat bad...

similarly
10-29-2014, 01:13 AM
Wow, in your videos, you make it look so easy. I have fully upgraded everything on the Jackdaw EXCEPT the elite plan for fire barrel storage. I can take out a MoW with almost no damage at all most of the time. I've taken every single fort, and after upgrades, they became quite easy. But these legendary ships are seriously kicking my @$$. I tried the Dama Negra a few times, but she regularly knocks down almost a third of my ship's "health" at a time. I notice in the OP's video, the Dama just sits there until he approaches, but it never does that for me. Usually it will turn and come at me, and on rare occasions flee.

The big problem with the Dama is that it fires too many guns too quickly, it's faster than the Jackdaw, and makes sharper turns. I see the OP using chain shot, but when I play, even though my chain shot is fully upgraded, it seems to do almost nothing to the Dama. I tried ramming but it had little effect, and the Dama can almost always outrun and outmaneuver me.

So I gave up and went after the Prince. It knocked my ship really hard, but I finally killed it on the second or third attempt.

I'd be curious: exactly what kind of things do YOU guys do to kill the legendary ships (especially the Dama)?

PhilyG213
10-29-2014, 01:21 AM
I hope you're all prepared for the legendary ships in AC Rogue where they'll have their own fleet now. That's going to be funny.

Locopells
10-29-2014, 01:47 AM
Ohhhhhh yeah - I'm so screwed...

Ureh
10-29-2014, 03:21 AM
Hopefully we can add them to our fleet.

Locopells
10-29-2014, 11:23 AM
That would be cool.

similarly
10-30-2014, 02:06 AM
Having finally finished off all four legendary ships, I have some opinions.

Negative: I think the legendaries are still too fast and too overpowered compared to the fully upgraded Jackdaw, ESPECIALLY the Dama Negra (where I finally resorted to exploiting a glitch just to finally get it over with). I think making the Dama Negra COMPLETELY invulnerable to everything except a rear attack is a mistake. I used up all my mortars, scored good hits, tried to get behind and chain-shot and mortar it to death, but it's just too maneuverable. I think it's a mistake to overpower it that much.

Positive:
HMS Prince: the fog was AWESOME. When the battle moved into the fog, I loved it!

Fearless and Sovereign: my FAVORITE legendary battle. I loved this because I had to think and use strategy to keep the ships divided and to always try to keep to the OUTSIDE and not let them box me in. They are easily identified because one has black sails and the other white, so I'd try to focus on them one at a time, keeping the one I'm focusing on BETWEEN me and the other ship.

The Impoluto's ram was fun to deal with, and I found myself using a lot of barrels to keep him off my tail. But I still found it not as unique or fun as the other two.

Dama Negra: I think this could be improved considerably by slowing the ship down a bit, or reducing the impact of its weapons JUST a bit.

I mean, if people want a challenge they can go after legendaries with however few upgrades they want, but I think once the Jackdaw is fully upgraded, it's a mistake to let the legendaries knock off a whole healthbar at a time.