PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who wants Assassin's Creed II remastered for PS4/XB1?

joose_2
05-01-2014, 05:16 AM
AC2 was fantastic and was in an amazing setting. I'd love to see it in full 1080p with new weather systems, improved gameplay, better textures and physics, etc etc. Obviously keep the awesome story and everything else. Am I the only one?

Assassin_M
05-01-2014, 06:06 AM
Do you REALLY think you're the ONLY one who wants this?

pacmanate
05-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Eh, a lot of people want remastered everything when a new console comes out it seems.

I would rather them put all their resources into the upcoming AC games than spending time and money revisiting old ones and giving them a touch up.

Zafar1981
05-01-2014, 11:38 AM
​I want all 5 games from AC 1 to AC 3 to come on Xbox One and PS4 so that I can sell my xbox 360

Tetsou88
05-01-2014, 11:43 AM
I would re-buy the Ezio trilogy in HD for my ps4.

ze_topazio
05-01-2014, 11:49 AM
I would re-buy the Ezio trilogy in HD for my ps4.

Yeah, it would be fine to play them in HD, it's a shame how they are not in HD currently.

:cool:

Wolfmeister1010
05-01-2014, 12:30 PM
If anything I want an AC1 remastered.

DomdudeDaGreat
05-01-2014, 12:54 PM
mfw yes please

Hans684
05-01-2014, 12:56 PM
http://images.cdn.bigcartel.com/bigcartel/product_images/132016992/max_h-1000+max_w-1000/let_it_go_frozen_shirt_tank_1.png

GunnerGalactico
05-01-2014, 01:00 PM

^ Same here.

Sushiglutton
05-01-2014, 02:00 PM
It will come, don't worry about it. Ubi will probably sell millions of copies and they allready have the games on PC, so it should be relatively straightforward to port. Question is how much extra stuff they wanna add in terms of visuals and when it will be out.

oliacr
05-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Yes I want every game before AC3 to be remastered.

DumbGamerTag94
05-01-2014, 03:36 PM
If anything happens they will probably start remastered HD versions with AC1 and if I were to bet they will probably hold that off for a while. My guess is 2017 for the 10th anniversary of the series

joose_2
05-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Eh, a lot of people want remastered everything when a new console comes out it seems.

I would rather them put all their resources into the upcoming AC games than spending time and money revisiting old ones and giving them a touch up.

I agree on one hand. On the other, I think if it takes 100 units of effort to make a new AC game, it would take maybe 20 to remaster one. I'm cool with that.

RinoTheBouncer
05-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Youre definitely not the only one. In fact, Id pay any price for a remastered AC anthology from ACI to ACIII all remastered for PS4 and including ACIV to complete the set. I just hope that happens. I own the anthology box set but I want it for PS4.

Rugterwyper32
05-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Frankly? I'd be happy with a remake of AC1 that is as well done as the remake of the first Resident Evil for the Gamecube. Now THAT'S how you do a remake. As for AC2? How about just mix all of Ezio's trology into one big ****ing game? Oh yeah and add mission replay, that's in my opinion one of the biggest issues with ACII and I really still can't believe they made such a ridiculous choice. It makes no sense, it's absolutely baffling.

jayjay275
05-01-2014, 05:46 PM

Put on the Anvilnext engine with the removal of repetitive investigations, then I'm on the same boat as you.

Hans684
05-01-2014, 06:58 PM
If we are going to port favorite games from past gen, then we won't be get anywhere. New game is ****, better play the old game on next gen and not move one.

rob.davies2014
05-01-2014, 07:04 PM
If they do, they should add a replay missions feature.

Tetsou88
05-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Yeah, it would be fine to play them in HD, it's a shame how they are not in HD currently.

:cool:
Super HD.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-01-2014, 07:33 PM
I want AC 1 More than All
BUT! I guarantee that AT LEAST for AC's 10 year anniversary (2017) we will get AC Desmond Files or something Where We get AC Through AC 3 and ALL DLC but minus MP.
Id buy it in a heart beat..... as said earlier... AC will keep my PS3 from being sold... It is THE ONLY game I dont sell after i platinum....
I want to play them all one last time before i move on to ps4 which wont be for a couple of years as i have over 100 games to still play in past gen lol

Hans684
05-01-2014, 07:49 PM
I guarantee that AT LEAST for AC's 10 year anniversary (2017) we will get AC Desmond Files or something Where We get AC Through AC 3 and ALL DLC but minus MP.

Wait, can I get that in writing?

joose_2
05-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Frankly? I'd be happy with a remake of AC1 that is as well done as the remake of the first Resident Evil for the Gamecube. Now THAT'S how you do a remake. As for AC2? How about just mix all of Ezio's trology into one big ****ing game? Oh yeah and add mission replay, that's in my opinion one of the biggest issues with ACII and I really still can't believe they made such a ridiculous choice. It makes no sense, it's absolutely baffling.

100% agree with all of that. But there's no way they'd combine the 3. Maybe combine ACR and ACB in one. That'd be nice.

lothario-da-be
05-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't it be better if we started with a remake of AC1? I also think AC1 would benefit more from a remake, from a gameplay standpoint. AC1 laid an awesome foundation but gameplay wise lacked some things. Not to mention the lack of side missions. Just Imagine playing ac1 with better graphics, better crowds, assassination contracts, a seamless map, new stealth mechanics...

GunnerGalactico
05-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Youre definitely not the only one. In fact, Id pay any price for a remastered AC anthology from ACI to ACIII all remastered for PS4 and including ACIV to complete the set. I just hope that happens. I own the anthology box set but I want it for PS4.

I agree with all the above. I'd really like all the DLC's in AC3 and AC4 to be included in the game itself, rather than having codes.

Jon253
05-01-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm hoping that they'll wait a few years, at least 10 years or so after the orginal came out, and release a boxed collectors edition with a remastered boxed collection. I'd like some dev work done on this edition, improved textures and resolution, bug fixes maybe even some extra content, and a few bonus disk with documentaries, trailers, commercials, pannels. Maybe when the series winds down, or transtions into a different phase.

lothario-da-be
05-01-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm hoping that they'll wait a few years, at least 10 years or so after the orginal came out, and release a boxed collectors edition with a remastered boxed collection. I'd like some dev work done on this edition, improved textures and resolution, bug fixes maybe even some extra content, and a few bonus disk with documentaries, trailers, commercials, pannels. Maybe when the series winds down, or transtions into a different phase.
The 10th anniversary of ac will be there sooner then you think, better start petions now :p

xdj1nn
05-02-2014, 02:43 AM

I'm rather have a reboot of the series than playing as another dull character like Edward or Connor... I honestly believe that anything that comes after those 2 epic failures will not be good

STDlyMcStudpants
05-02-2014, 04:04 AM
Wouldn't it be better if we started with a remake of AC1? I also think AC1 would benefit more from a remake, from a gameplay standpoint. AC1 laid an awesome foundation but gameplay wise lacked some things. Not to mention the lack of side missions. Just Imagine playing ac1 with better graphics, better crowds, assassination contracts, a seamless map, new stealth mechanics...
If they do a REMAKE it would be for AC1 and we would lose an AC that year because of it, which id be okay with ONLY IF though - that the other 4 games came with it remastered with all dlc....
First prince of persia reboot comes out in 2003
Prince of Persia trilogy ended in 2005... 6 years later it came to PS3 remastered (8 years after reboot)/ 5 years into the then next gen cycle
The Desmond Trilogy ended in 2012.. 6 years later would be 2018/5 years into next gen cycle would be 2018 too... coincidentally this is just 1 year after the 10th anniversary making 2017 the perfect time to bring the series into the next gen....
It would also buy them time to work on AC...
who knows..maybe we get it next year with the movie and AC V doesnt happen Until 2016? or perhaps full circle in 2017?
Maybe AC actually ENDS with AC V? 2017 on the 10 year anniversary..id cry..but it could happen...
Either way it would happen.. AC is ubisofts most successful franchise and they have been great with bringing ps2 classics to ps3... theres no doubt in my mind they will do the same with AC...
I mean what else do they really have from past gen?
They didnt really work on any other SERIES..... Other than Farcry...
We will see both eventually :D

AdamPearce
05-02-2014, 04:41 AM
You guys ever heard about PC ?

Kit572
05-02-2014, 11:12 AM
I want both an AC1 and AC2 remastered, but I think they should do this in a couple more years instead of now. I don't know why, just feels too soon...

Tehe

Locopells
05-02-2014, 03:13 PM
I'd be up for HD versions of all the last gen games. Should be easier to do then a full remake - they could even do a Stronghold and do a free/cheap upgrade for PC versions (since good as they are compared to consoles, they're still held back a bit).

STDlyMcStudpants
05-02-2014, 04:47 PM
You mean that thing you have to spend a min of $1,500 on to be able to run AC IV on without problem? lol
Gamespot did a build your pc on a budget.. their budget was next gen console price.. they paid a little over $600 on 2 diffferent pcs and found that assassins creed iv ran better on the ps4... lol

LoyalACFan
05-02-2014, 05:02 PM
I'd rather see AC3 get retooled than see any of the previous entries rereleased with merely a fresh coat of paint. If the only difference in the new version is improved graphics, then there's absolutely no point in buying it again. However, I think AC3 would benefit enormously from a reboot, all with the original cast, of course. Think MGS: The Twin Snakes. Of course it won't happen, but if we're asking for remastered/updated editions of any AC game, that's the one I would want.

Jexx21
05-02-2014, 05:12 PM
You mean that thing you have to spend a min of $1,500 on to be able to run AC IV on without problem? lol
Gamespot did a build your pc on a budget.. their budget was next gen console price.. they paid a little over $600 on 2 diffferent pcs and found that assassins creed iv ran better on the ps4... lol
but you need a computer anyway and if you play your cards right you can get PC games for a fourth of the cost of their console counterparts.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-02-2014, 05:46 PM
but you need a computer anyway and if you play your cards right you can get PC games for a fourth of the cost of their console counterparts.
Nah.. I got AC IV brand new 2 weeks after release for $15 flat.....
$35 on black friday from amazon with free shipping..
Sell the PS4 code inside for $23 on ebay...
Ebay takes 10%.. paypal takes 5% 35-20 = 15..didnt have to deal with crashes keyboards or an xbox controller either AND got an aveline story for free lol
The PC experience just isn't for me... my nephew had skyrim on pc..tried to play it with mouse and keyboard..couldnt do it.... lol
I know you can use controllers from xbox..but i dont game for graphics..I game for game...so consoles do just fine PLUS they have AAA exclusives...
PC is more for strategy gamers...im an action adventure gamer lol

Jexx21
05-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Uh, anything is better on PC. I use a Dualshock 4 on PC. Plays fine. Nothing crashes.

I play more action adventure games on PC than strategy, although I play strategy as well.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Uh, anything is better on PC. I use a Dualshock 4 on PC. Plays fine. Nothing crashes.

I play more action adventure games on PC than strategy, although I play strategy as well.
But trophies? lol

TorQue1988
05-02-2014, 09:52 PM
I want AC2+ACB remastered into one single game.

ze_topazio
05-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Assassin's Creed II Brovelations

DumbGamerTag94
05-03-2014, 12:26 AM
I want AC2+ACB remastered into one single game.

I agree, Brotherhood was really short and its story is literally picking up IMMEDIATELY where AC2 ends so just making it one game would make a lot of sense.

I think they should just do the Ezio games in one set. One case 2 disks, Disk one-AC2 Disk2-AC Brotherhood and Revelations All DLC included(hopefully including DLC that was previously only Play Station exclusive)

AherasSTRG
05-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Nah.. I got AC IV brand new 2 weeks after release for $15 flat.....
$35 on black friday from amazon with free shipping..
Sell the PS4 code inside for $23 on ebay...
Ebay takes 10%.. paypal takes 5% 35-20 = 15..didnt have to deal with crashes keyboards or an xbox controller either AND got an aveline story for free lol
The PC experience just isn't for me... my nephew had skyrim on pc..tried to play it with mouse and keyboard..couldnt do it.... lol
I know you can use controllers from xbox..but i dont game for graphics..I game for game...so consoles do just fine PLUS they have AAA exclusives...
PC is more for strategy gamers...im an action adventure gamer lol

The Aveline content was also available with some PC editions.

PC gaming ends up being cheaper than consoles if you are buying more than 7 games a year, while maintaining a higher quality in terms of utility and performance.

On the other hand, technical knowledge is required in order to save money, keep your computer in good condition and generally speaking, not screw up the whole software.

If you are refering to Gamespot's article co-written by Mark Walton and Peter Brown, both of the PCs built (AMD and Nvidia) outperformed the PS4 and the X1 in Assassin's Creed 4 by at least 10 frames per second. You should also bear in mind that the 500/550 $ price tag included the cost for the operating system (70/100 $ respectively).

As for the matter at hand, I consider HD remakes of console games to be a cash grab and nothing more. The original is always going to be great. But, then again, as it is obvious from the rest of my post, I am a PC gamer. I always have access to the previous games, which are in a way, the "remastered" versions of the console equivelants.

DumbGamerTag94
05-03-2014, 01:19 AM
I personally HATE PC gaming myself. I play strategy games on my PC like Company of Heroes and the Total War series, but for any other kind of game I HIGHLY PREFER consoles.

Even if the picture quality is better, I just cant justify to myself spending $1500+ for a good gaming rig. I also don't want to have to worry about screwing up my software or anything else. Then there's the fact that I would rather stick my hands in a meat grinder than try to play any kind of non point and click game on a PC. Using a keyboard and mouse to play a game designed to be played with a controller is about as enjoyable as being waterboarded while listening to the Justin Beiber anthology on a loop. I also prefer to play video games on a TV sized screen like preferably 32inch and above, which is not exactly a PC comfortable sized screen.

I also maybe buy 5 full price Games in a year so investing the money in all the things ID need for a PC I wouldn't save money at all over a console

I know you can use an Xbox controller with a PC, but is the really high price, coupled with having to worry about not screwing up my software and destroying my PC really worth it for the only bonus being a better picture? Honestly my computer is too valuable to me as a work/school tool that I wouldn't want to risk ruining it with excessive gaming.

So by my logic we have.....

PC: (-)Negatives: Very High price, uncomfortable/clumsy controls, camera angle issues, smaller screen sizes, could ruin PC(which you need for more important things)

Positives(+): Better picture, Access to most DLC

The negatives just seem to outweigh the positives for me.

Jexx21
05-03-2014, 02:51 AM
You can't ruin your PC by playing games... who told you that you could? The only way you could is if your computer over-heated due to setting the graphical settings too high.

Also the negatives of the controller and the screen size don't count because you can easily use a PC exactly like a console with Steam and Big Picture mode.

I also prefer playing games on smaller screens anyway, and for shooters I definitely prefer mouse and keyboard.

I own both a PS4 and a PC and use both for gaming.

PC:
+ Can play any game released for PC for the past few decades
+ Better graphical quality depending on hardware
+ Can switch between gamepads and mouse + keyboard depending on preference
+ Sales (Steam, GMG, GOG, etc.)
+ Mods
+ Usable for everyday functions
+ easy to take care of and put together and keep free of viruses
+ can hook it up to a TV or a monitor depending on preference
+ don't have to pay extra money to play MP games
- costs a lot of money for a high-end rig ($1500+) plus peripherals

PS4
+ easy to take care of
+ you don't have to set up anything, it's ready out of the box
+ cheaper to buy
+ good graphics
+ doubles as a blu-ray player (which can also be done on PC)
+ PS Plus gives free games
- no mods
- games are more expensive
- can't play FPS games with mouse and keyboard
- can't play MP games without paying a fee

DumbGamerTag94
05-03-2014, 03:45 AM
You can't ruin your PC by playing games... who told you that you could? The only way you could is if your computer over-heated due to setting the graphical settings too high.

I was referring to this, as well as improperly installing MODs and any kind of viruses or issues that could result from modding(or downloading the mods), and other issues like that that can arise from not knowing enough about the tech you are using. My point was that Consoles are much simpler in that regard because they don't require any knowledge of how much your system can handle in terms of graphics settings or anything else really. They are as simple as turn it on and put in a disc. No install, no nonsense, just play right away.

And as for the shooter deal you can hardly count that as a plus, because that is entirely based on preference, I for instance HATE mouse and keyboard for any game including Shooters, just isn't comfortable, or convenient for me.

And doesn't PlayStation have free multiplayer? I personally don't know I haven't upgraded to next gen and use an Xbox360.

Theres also a few things I take issue with you including as PC positives as well. Firstly that "it has everyday functions". Everyone already has some kind of PC or MAC for everyday use its a necessity now adays, in this discussion we are talking about the UNECCESSCERY purchasing of special PC components and gear for the sole purpose of gaming which is far from everyone's "everyday" PC. And besides that the newer consoles are used for plenty of everyday functions as well, many people use them for Netflix movie viewing, or even to watch TV through the internet via the console. Second, yes you can hook up a PC to a screen, but that makes its "everyday" uses very uncomfortable and impractical(meaning you would probably disconnect it and hook up to a monitor for doing every day tasks), and if you are using it with controllers and hooked up to a TV screen, then what you have effectively done is purchased an insanely expensive custom CONSOLE at that point.

I aslo don't get how "Sales" is a positive for PC? So theres a variety of sites/providers you can purchase PC games? Its still purchasing just PC games. I can buy Console games from a variety of places too, Gamestop, Walmart, Target, Amazon, or Xbox Live/PSN etc. So I don't get your point there?

It just seems that some of your + points were just preferences/hypotheticals(weather impractical or no) added for extra padding, as well as a few like "everyday fuctions" are applicable to both but you abstained from including them as Console + points.

Revised list:
PC:
+ Mods
- Have to buy a gamepad to use one.
- Hooking up to a TV makes the "every day" aspect rather impractical
- Requires knowledge of specs and capabilities of rig so as not to accidentally ruin it.
PS4
+ easy to take care of
+ cheaper to buy
+ good graphics
+ If its available for the system you can play it(no worries about your rig not being able to handle specific games)
- no mods
- games are more expensive(Depends on if your buying New, old, or used games(the latter two are fairly cheap)
- can't play FPS games with mouse and keyboard(Which is not a problem for many)
- can't play MP games without paying a fee???

Basically there is an equal number of + and - so it really just boils down to an individuals preference in all honesty.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-03-2014, 04:59 AM
I have my PC hooked up to a flat screen lol.. the same flatscreen i have my ps3 hooked up to....
Idk i guess i just like having everything separate really....and i like how portable gaming is for me...
Plus its cool having a gaming machine that you just press a button and its ready to go.
Im self employed so i can work from literally everywhere...
If I go somewhere i never know how long ill stay because it just doesnt matter...
I can just pick up my console grab a game or 2 and go if im traveling..staying at a relatives for a holliday.. much less hassle to worry about oh crap, will their tv have a plug in for my pc?! where my ps3 i can grab my hdmi and composites and have nothing to worry about lol
And I agree 1 MILLION percent that HD remakes are a cashgrab...
And if it means AC 1 trophies.. and a trophy list on ps4 for the other 4 games... grab my cash all day ubi haha

I-Like-Pie45
05-03-2014, 05:05 AM
HD remakes are fine

they let me exp. all the great PS2 games I never got to play cuz GameCube

DumbGamerTag94
05-03-2014, 05:11 AM
And I agree 1 MILLION percent that HD remakes are a cashgrab...
And if it means AC 1 trophies.. and a trophy list on ps4 for the other 4 games... grab my cash all day ubi haha

HAHAHA I agree, that and I wouldn't be too angry about seeing a fresh coat of paint/polish on the last gen games either(especially the crappy character models of AC2)

And yes like I said its really preference for PC vs Console, and what is more convenient/practical for each individual person.

AdamPearce
05-03-2014, 05:44 AM
Remastered PS360 games are just pure theft.

The whole point the HD remakes was to propose SD games from the 6th gen in HD and preferably 60fps. It is interesting since the gap between the SD and HD is really huge. Though this whole process doesn't fit with the 7th gen' games since they were already in HD ! And people don't care about fps unless they are costumed to 60fps, which is not the case of people playing exclusively on consoles, who by the way represents a vast majority.

Though it's true that the gap between resolutions is big too...but it only affects you when you see the change in a few secs, like when, for example, you upgrade/ downgrade your resolution on PC. On consoles, by the time you quit the game, close the console, start the other, put the game in and start it, you will have forgotten was the other game looked like...so, in the end, it is absolute BS.

Jexx21
05-03-2014, 06:21 AM
when I said that the PC is useful for everyday functions I actually meant things outside of gaming and television. You can use it for web browsing (which consoles do have, but they suck at), you can use it for office applications, you can use it for documents, for photos, for adobe programs such as photoshop.

oh and gamepads for consoles are expensive as well. The one I got with my PS4 was faulty and I had to buy a new one for $60. I use the same Dualshock 4 for my PC as I do my PS4, and I didn't really think of that as a negative.

Besides, I think that the mouse and keyboard controls for most games are absolutely fine, doesn't feel un-natural at all to me.

jayjay275
05-03-2014, 02:06 PM

Also the negatives of the controller and the screen size don't count because you can easily use a PC exactly like a console with Steam and Big Picture mode.

I also prefer playing games on smaller screens anyway, and for shooters I definitely prefer mouse and keyboard.

I own both a PS4 and a PC and use both for gaming.

PC:
+ Sales (Steam, GMG, GOG, etc.)
+ Mods
- Requires internet connectivity to purchase content off sites like Steam and Origin

PS4
+ easy to take care of
+ cheaper to buy
+ good graphics
- no mods
- games are more expensive
- can't play FPS games with mouse and keyboard
- can't play MP games without paying a fee

Fixed. :o

dxsxhxcx
05-03-2014, 02:59 PM
- Requires internet connectivity to purchase content off sites like Steam and Origin

Fixed. :o

and how do you get (legit) digital content (games, DLCs, etc) for consoles without an internet connection?

ON-TOPIC: Make a remake or a remastered version of any AC at this point IMO would be pointless and greedy, it would only be a way to grab more money from the players and IMO would also harm the development of new games, maybe when they release PS6 or 7 where the differences between the original version and the new one will (in theory) be more noticeable (technically speaking) to justify a remake/remastered version then they could do something like that.

TheHumanTowel
05-03-2014, 03:04 PM
People who complain about mouse and keyboard control for FPSs and such have probably tried it for about 10 minutes and decided they hate it. Mouse and keyboard controls are absolutely fine once you're familiar with them and they offer a lot more options than controllers because there's so much more buttons and you can be far more precise with a mouse. You just have to become comfortable with the controls just like with controllers when you first start using them.

I-Like-Pie45
05-03-2014, 03:24 PM
IMO there are just some games that have to be played on PC

like Bethesda RPGs or Valve stuff

Assassin_M
05-03-2014, 04:29 PM
AC II?? Nah....Nah to AC in general....MAYBE AC III...

RDR remastered....now THAT, i'd buy

ze_topazio
05-03-2014, 04:36 PM
I would buy a remastered RDR running at 60 fps while waiting for Red Dead 3, I would also buy a re-skinned AC2 at 60 fps, heck, I would buy any remastered game(that I like) provided it run at 60 fps.

STDlyMcStudpants
05-03-2014, 04:41 PM

The whole point the HD remakes was to propose SD games from the 6th gen in HD and preferably 60fps. It is interesting since the gap between the SD and HD is really huge. Though this whole process doesn't fit with the 7th gen' games since they were already in HD ! And people don't care about fps unless they are costumed to 60fps, which is not the case of people playing exclusively on consoles, who by the way represents a vast majority.

Though it's true that the gap between resolutions is big too...but it only affects you when you see the change in a few secs, like when, for example, you upgrade/ downgrade your resolution on PC. On consoles, by the time you quit the game, close the console, start the other, put the game in and start it, you will have forgotten was the other game looked like...so, in the end, it is absolute BS.

TBH the REAL reason for HD remakes is as said above a 'cash grab' its doing nothing more but bringing past gen games to current gen and making them appealing.... As we've come accustomed to 720 and 1080 lol

RinoTheBouncer
05-04-2014, 10:07 AM
I agree with all the above. I'd really like all the DLC's in AC3 and AC4 to be included in the game itself, rather than having codes.

Yeah. I hate to just have codes included. Youre putting games on new discs so its not that hard to include the DLC on the same BluRay.
Id love it if they add in some tweaks like being able to replay missions in ACII or replay modern day sections in AC:B.

Sdwakias
05-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Even if the picture quality is better, I just cant justify to myself spending $1500+ for a good gaming rig. I also don't want to have to worry about screwing up my software or anything else. Then there's the fact that I would rather stick my hands in a meat grinder than try to play any kind of non point and click game on a PC. Using a keyboard and mouse to play a game designed to be played with a controller is about as enjoyable as being waterboarded while listening to the Justin Beiber anthology on a loop. I also prefer to play video games on a TV sized screen like preferably 32inch and above, which is not exactly a PC comfortable sized screen.

I also maybe buy 5 full price Games in a year so investing the money in all the things ID need for a PC I wouldn't save money at all over a console

I know you can use an Xbox controller with a PC, but is the really high price, coupled with having to worry about not screwing up my software and destroying my PC really worth it for the only bonus being a better picture? Honestly my computer is too valuable to me as a work/school tool that I wouldn't want to risk ruining it with excessive gaming.

So by my logic we have.....

PC: (-)Negatives: Very High price, uncomfortable/clumsy controls, camera angle issues, smaller screen sizes, could ruin PC(which you need for more important things)

Positives(+): Better picture, Access to most DLC

The negatives just seem to outweigh the positives for me.

We are living in 2014, and guys like you still believe a good rig needs more than $1500... Are you even serious? I bought my PC FIVE years ago with no more than $1000. Sure, it wasn't the highest end PC build, but it could play ALL the games of 2009 to 2012 in high to max settings without any FPS drop, and now it can still play newly released games, like ACIV at low settings (which are just a little lower than high settings) with ~50 FPS. Five years and my PC which I bought for just $1000 (alongside with a monitor screen), and it's still great... My graphics card has just 0.5GB VRam and it can play games that require 1GB of VRam with no more than 10 FPS drop in lowest settings... You DON'T need to pay a lot of money for a PC, it's just a myth. Don't buy a stupid Titan, buy something good and cheap, and be LOGICAL. Now tell me, if someone buys a PS4, and has already bought a PS3, how much money did he spend on them? Pretty much the same as I did. But how much money did he spend to buy games? More than 5x for sure.

dex3108
05-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Give access to game files o community and in 3-6 months AC2 will be remade :D

LieutenantRex
05-04-2014, 04:49 PM
I'd like for ACB to be remastered. It's an exemplary game in its current state, but... next-gen graphics.

poptartz20
05-04-2014, 05:04 PM
ehh... I'm honestly indifferent to it! Now.. AC3 I wouldn't mind.

AC1 for sure yes! I just felt so much time was already spent on Ezio. Gahh.. yes I'm being debbie downer. lol!

But It's all good if they do make a remastered version OF THEM ALL.

pacmanate
05-04-2014, 10:38 PM
ehh... I'm honestly indifferent to it! Now.. AC3 I wouldn't mind.

AC1 for sure yes! I just felt so much time was already spent on Ezio. Gahh.. yes I'm being debbie downer. lol!

But It's all good if they do make a remastered version OF THEM ALL.

I don't feel Ezio's trilogy needs a remaster. If anything just AC1 with the directors cut thing from the PC version. AC1 already has good cloth physics. AC3 doesnt need one either due to it already being okay anyway.

Shahkulu101
05-04-2014, 10:50 PM
It's weird but the only game I'd want remastered is ACR. Imagine Constantinople and Ezio's robes with next-gen graphics - I think my balls would turn blue. They could also improve the random events, eradicate den defense or any other refinements. I feel ACR needs the most cleansing out of all the games...

I-Like-Pie45
05-04-2014, 10:52 PM
AC3 Director's Cut

more freedom, less revere

SixKeys
05-04-2014, 10:53 PM
It's weird but the only game I'd want remastered is ACR. Imagine Constantinople and Ezio's robes with next-gen graphics - I think my balls would turn blue. They could also improve the random events, eradicate den defense or any other refinements. I feel ACR needs the most cleansing out of all the games...

Minor face lifts are fine, but I disagree with the idea of removing existing game features. Adding new ones MIGHT be acceptable, especially in ACR's case since it was a pretty barebones experience, but tinker too much with an existing product and you get the George Lucas effect or Silent Hill 2 remastering.

Shahkulu101
05-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Minor face lifts are fine, but I disagree with the idea of removing existing game features. Adding new ones MIGHT be acceptable, especially in ACR's case since it was a pretty barebones experience, but tinker too much with an existing product and you get the George Lucas effect or Silent Hill 2 remastering.

What about replacing the Den Defense mechanic with combative objectives similar to boarding? Like kill "so and so amount of guards, destroy enemy artillery" or something more simple like just killing all guards.

Ureh
05-05-2014, 12:34 AM
What about replacing the Den Defense mechanic with combative objectives similar to boarding? Like kill "so and so amount of guards, destroy enemy artillery" or something more simple like just killing all guards.

That would be super. I dreamt about something similar once. Ezio's a killing machine, he should be in the thick of the action. Imagine us flanking them and commandeering one of the siege engines and turning it on the soldiers.... Yeah, yeah, I know we did stuff like that in ACB but still.... it would be a mini sequence when compared to the Leo missions. Maybe also include a meter like the crew in AC4 and you gotta complete all those objectives in a certain amount of time. Also we could upgrade the den defenses (similar to Jackdaw upgrades) and the assassin defenders. Maybe set some traps before the enemies arrive and then we can choose when to activate them.

ze_topazio
05-05-2014, 12:38 AM
Replace den defence with carriage races.

joose_2
05-05-2014, 04:22 AM

If it's remastered, obv the definition and fps are important but with a series like AC, it'd also include better physics, larger draw distances, improved mechanics (which is really my only complaint for AC2), etc. Imo better side missions and optional objectives would be nice, too, especially for AC3.

poptartz20
05-06-2014, 03:44 AM
I don't feel Ezio's trilogy needs a remaster. If anything just AC1 with the directors cut thing from the PC version. AC1 already has good cloth physics. AC3 doesnt need one either due to it already being okay anyway.

Eh.. I guess your right, but at least a Directors Cut of AC3 would be nice (even though I wouldn't get it here in the US) I mean at least that would make people happy. Even though I would still push for a remastered version! :rolleyes: thaaats just me though.

But Yeah out of all the Games I think AC1 deserves it the most! I don't imagine it being too difficult but the game was probably built on a separate engine, and I'm not sure how all of that works can you just port something like that over the the new one?

Replace den defence with carriage races.

Nuff Said... BEST AC EVER. seriously...I've been wanting a race in an AC game for a minute. lol.

Jus_in_Bello89
06-19-2014, 08:07 AM
AC2 was fantastic and was in an amazing setting. I'd love to see it in full 1080p with new weather systems, improved gameplay, better textures and physics, etc etc. Obviously keep the awesome story and everything else. Am I the only one?

I'll second that!

rob.davies2014
06-19-2014, 10:10 AM
And make the memories of AC2's main story replayable!

LatinaC09
06-19-2014, 12:47 PM

It would be nice since it's my favorite game and all. I think they should release a collection of AC1 - AC3 for PS4 & XB1.

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Wouldn't want some remaster.

If Ubisoft does it they damn well better respect their most successful game in the franchise and remake it on the new engine entirely. Better graphics, Ezio that looks like Ezio, no more of those color filters, and yeah.

Kakuzu745
06-19-2014, 04:20 PM
I dont see the need for a remastered version...I mean, it almost just came out (no more than 4-5 years). Better to spend the resources on polishing new games so they achieve great things like past AC games did

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 04:27 PM
I dont see the need for a remastered version...I mean, it almost just came out (no more than 4-5 years). Better to spend the resources on polishing new games so they achieve great things like past AC games did

It may have come out only a bit ago but it looks awful in comparison.

No need to do like Nintendo and wait forever to graphically and mechanically remake Pokemon.

Bastiaen
06-19-2014, 08:06 PM
I'd love if they ported all the last gen games over to current gen.

uggabugg
06-19-2014, 08:22 PM
what i want is Ezio trilogy in one game. with all the cities and missions in one long game, maybe with a playable embers as an epilogue. with all the enhancements that next gen can provide.

WendysBrioche
06-19-2014, 10:07 PM
I dooo :D

DisbandedBox359
06-19-2014, 11:31 PM
I don't want AC2 remade for PS4/XB1

I want them ALL remade :D

Shahkulu101
06-19-2014, 11:38 PM
Meh, I've replayed them all multiple times. The only way I'd buy them is if the gameplay has some significant additions and changes to it. For instance, added side missions in AC1 and ACR - improved assassination contracts in AC3 etc...

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Meh, I've replayed them all multiple times. The only way I'd buy them is if the gameplay has some significant additions and changes to it. For instance, added side missions in AC1 and ACR - improved assassination contracts in AC3 etc...

Precisely, a remaster simply isn't enough, they'd need a full remake on the new engine with the new mechanics.

Rugterwyper32
06-19-2014, 11:48 PM

Agreed. I wouldn't take anything other than a remake that matches the quality of the Gamecube remake of the original Resident Evil. Now THAT'S how you do a remake.

Xstantin
06-20-2014, 03:54 AM
If they remaster AC3 for current gen I really hope the ambient tracks will be added.

roostersrule2
06-20-2014, 12:13 PM
I too want the whole series redone, with Unity gameplay, graphics, physics etc.

Add side missions to AC1 and ACR, mission replay-ability to AC2, perhaps add some of the planned AC3 features that never made it and ACB has nothing minor worth fixing.

SixKeys
06-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Why is everyone so convinced a remake would be a good thing? Has history taught you nothing? :rolleyes: :nonchalance: Silent Hill 2 got a remake with crappier graphics and terrible new voice-overs. You could choose to switch to the old voices, but not with Silent Hill 3 HD, where you were stuck with the new dub.

Rugterwyper32
06-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Why is everyone so convinced a remake would be a good thing? Has history taught you nothing? :rolleyes: :nonchalance: Silent Hill 2 got a remake with crappier graphics and terrible new voice-overs. You could choose to switch to the old voices, but not with Silent Hill 3 HD, where you were stuck with the new dub.

That falls more into being a remaster of sorts. Or upgraded port, rather, but instead of upgraded it falls more into being downgraded, all things considered. I will agree that was incredibly disappointed. But still, I'd consider them "upgraded ports" rather than remakes as they're still by all means the same.
If you want an example of a worthy remake, look up the remake of the original Resident Evil for the Gamecube. Any time someone brings up the topic of remakes, I almost feel the need to bring that one up, I feel no remake (with the exception of possibly the Pokemon remakes whenever they do come out) manages to live up to what that one did.

Sesheenku
06-20-2014, 05:44 PM

Konami has been **** for a while, not a surprise their port is ****.

Ubisoft on the other hand has been doing relatively well. As long as they're not stupid nothing has to be ****ed up, just port the audio files for the voices and then recreate the maps, models, and shaders for the new engine.

That falls more into being a remaster of sorts. Or upgraded port, rather, but instead of upgraded it falls more into being downgraded, all things considered. I will agree that was incredibly disappointed. But still, I'd consider them "upgraded ports" rather than remakes as they're still by all means the same.
If you want an example of a worthy remake, look up the remake of the original Resident Evil for the Gamecube. Any time someone brings up the topic of remakes, I almost feel the need to bring that one up, I feel no remake (with the exception of possibly the Pokemon remakes whenever they do come out) manages to live up to what that one did.

Them Pokemon remakes <3

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 05:52 PM
2017 brings you the Desmond Saga remastered!

ze_topazio
06-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Agreed. I wouldn't take anything other than a remake that matches the quality of the Gamecube remake of the original Resident Evil. Now THAT'S how you do a remake.

Remaking the original Resident Evil is a much easier task than remaking an open world game, now Capcom if you are hearing me how about an HD edition of REmake and Zero for a console I actually own? and how about start remaking Resident Evil 2?

Shahkulu101
06-20-2014, 05:58 PM
2017 brings you the Desmond Saga remastered!

With the Ezio trilogy being combined into one large, expansive title!

Explore the likes of Rome and Constantinople as you've never seen them before!

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 05:59 PM
make AC1 seamless

a seamless world

ze_topazio
06-20-2014, 06:00 PM
With the Ezio trilogy being combined into one large, expansive title!

Explore the likes of Rome and Constantinople as you've never seen them before!

The Assassin's Creed II Disbrovelations of my dreams. (notice how I'm including Discovery in the mix)

Locopells
06-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Hey, wait a minute - since when are seamless interiors a new thing for Unity?!

Masyaf, Monteriggioni, The Pantheon, Templar Banks...

All this talk of the old games just got me thinking...

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 06:02 PM
How about just combining all of the games in one large expansive title and you can switch between playing Altair, Ezio, and Connor when you complete the game.

Shahkulu101
06-20-2014, 06:05 PM
The Assassin's Creed II Disbrovelations of my dreams. (notice how I'm including Discovery in the mix)

As it should be!

Although I'm 1000% sure they started making that game as soon as the thread was created.

Maybe....that is Comet!

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 06:09 PM
It would be cool if they would just take AC1-AC3, put it all in one single game, and be able to take Connor to Florence and Ezio to Damascus and Altair to New York.

Sesheenku
06-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Hey, wait a minute - since when are seamless interiors a new thing for Unity?!

Masyaf, Monteriggioni, The Pantheon, Templar Banks...

All this talk of the old games just got me thinking...

Well except that those were just one single place or a bunch of places with no NPC in them. Now it's 1/4th of the map that has buildings open.

Locopells
06-20-2014, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I know, just sayin'!

Hans684
06-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Why AC2, isn't it considered the hight light of the series? They should ****(sorry) it with a remastered version, they should on the other hand do a remastered version of the most hated AC's. AC(1) for being too repetive and AC3, no need to mention the flaws of AC3 since it's reputation does it beyond where needed.

projectpat06
06-23-2014, 01:31 AM
If they remastered the game, I would want them to redo the combat to be something similar to Ac3 and AC4. Same with the parkour. Also adding in new side content would be great.

RinoTheBouncer
06-24-2014, 09:20 AM
I’d buy any remastered-for-PS4 AC game regardless of the price.

Daro193
11-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Same here , i can't wait until they release AC Quadro Compilation and AC3 , best games out there Ubisoft with awesome gameplay betwin real world and Ancestors memories . One of the best open world games

Jackdaw951
11-29-2014, 01:58 PM
I'd like to see Unity remastered for the PS4/XB1 first.

Or did someone beat me to that one already?

RinoTheBouncer
11-29-2014, 02:33 PM
I'd like to see Unity remastered for the PS4/XB1 first.

Or did someone beat me to that one already?

You sir, just owned the internet :P

FinweofTirion
03-25-2015, 05:33 AM

I could not agree more.

Sesheenku
03-25-2015, 05:39 AM
I believe I posted my sentiments in here before but...

I want this over Victory.

Share the love with PC too though.

m4r-k7
03-25-2015, 05:00 PM
I don't think they would ever remaster every AC game as that would require a ton of work. I reckon they would either do an Ezio Trilogy remaster or a remaster of the numbered games (AC 1, AC 2, AC 3). I would definitely appreciate if they postponed a new AC game for a year and gave us a remaster to fill the gap.

prince162010
03-25-2015, 08:54 PM
Why doesn't you make a poll for this ??? we want Ubisoft to hear our voices

Democrito_71
03-25-2015, 11:33 PM
I rather don't want any more remasters of old gen games to the newer consoles. There are too many remasters now and I would prefer if Ubisoft and other companies to create new, innovated IPs exclusive for the new consoles instead of shipping old Filet mignon with "newly fresh, red wine sauce"(visual upgrades and such). personally I would love to play remasters of the old AC-games(AC1, AC2, AC3 etc) although, I rather wish Ubisoft to focus on creating newer IPs, continuing their franchises on the newer consoles with new gameplay mechanics that would have been impossible on the old gen consoles and that they create new innovating games like Ubisoft Massives Tom Clancy's The Division.

Defalt221
03-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Do you REALLY think you're the ONLY one who wants this?

I don't understand. I thought AC 1 needed the remastered. Imagine ALL those features,cutscenes,aniations,parkour,graphics,musi c,sounds etc incorporated into the game. It'll fell like a new game.

ze_topazio
03-26-2015, 12:54 PM
^ That would be a remake not a remaster.