PDA

View Full Version : In another world...

Assassin_M
04-30-2014, 03:40 PM
What happened to Assassins Creed?? this is Bankers Creed II or Mercenaries Creed II, not Assassins Creed II, it doesn't even deserve the name. Ezio is not even a real assassin until the last 10 minutes. all he does is take contracts for Lorenzo, go out for his revenge and beats husbands up. What happened to the investigations? to being an actual Assassin? this franchise has been destroyed, thanks Ubisoft...

thoughts?

(if you're too dense to understand this thread, it's basically posting alternate world scenarios. alternate worlds where AC II was not universally acclaimed for example...post away)

cawatrooper9
04-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Interesting thoughts (sorry, I'm in a bit too much of a hurry to post a meta-analysis, so this will be pretty literal). People often complain that the recent games have lost the "core elements" of the AC franchise, but AC2 really strayed from much of what might be considered the original games' core. That being said, could one game even be considered a franchise, or is the AC universe just too diverse to even have a specific set of "core elements"?

Dev_Anj
04-30-2014, 03:51 PM
What is this game? Assassin's Creed 2? More like Avenger's Creed 2! The story is so predictable, the combat is bad, the stealth is a joke, the missions are so dumb, what the hell, they transport a Piece of Eden through parkour... and the collectibles are a chore.

This game is a huge disappointment.

Assassin_M
04-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Interesting thoughts (sorry, I'm in a bit too much of a hurry to post a meta-analysis, so this will be pretty literal). People often complain that the recent games have lost the "core elements" of the AC franchise, but AC2 really strayed from much of what might be considered the original games' core. That being said, could one game even be considered a franchise, or is the AC universe just too diverse to even have a specific set of "core elements"?
no no no, that's not what the thread is about, it's not meant to be serious (although I am serious about some of my post) it's supposed to be about alternate worlds where the things we take for granted now did not happen, such as AC II being widely regarded as the best...etc

things you think about include AC being yearly, AC not having 6 games, AC ending after III and posting in a manner imagining these things....imagining that you're living in a world where AC is not yearly...

ze_topazio
04-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Seriously? Italian Renaissance? what were they thinking? such boring cities and a period not even Italians care about, Yuropoor sucks, and what an awful generic soundtrack, Enzio, that corrupt lazy pasta eating mafia member was awful and boring, Altair is za best, give me back those varied and interesting investigations, feathers? lol, flags forever, Rodrigo was pretty cool though.

Assassin_M
04-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Rodrigo was pretty cool though.
Actually, a lot of AC fans think Rodrigo was a better antagonist than Haytham

http://i.gyazo.com/2891787253fa4c1248d56e2110f5fc56.png
http://i.gyazo.com/85ed64a967ce83e74f16dab0c454589e.png
http://i.gyazo.com/3035513c64ea94d20b584fb834c9ce26.png
http://i.gyazo.com/2c5643746a59bec4fe0ea218b6156790.png
http://i.gyazo.com/1b67c88d0d447302be1cb2c13a294c41.png
http://i.gyazo.com/66654f2ed940766d55309a05ac8c938e.png
http://i.gyazo.com/0f80bb5b2b98900d528f8deccdea67aa.png
http://i.gyazo.com/ff282a94743878b4e431748016088dff.png
http://i.gyazo.com/10405db6dcbbc381f4f0dcc373e804e4.png

ze_topazio
04-30-2014, 04:33 PM
I don't dislike Rodrigo, he was a man obsessed with the prophecy, willing to do anything for it, it fit the theme, Ezio too was obsessed with his revenge, both hero and villain were wasting their lives on their foolish obsessions, he was a lot more pondered in Brotherhood when he no longer had to worried about those things, Cesare's personality was exaggerated for dramatic effects but his objective of uniting the Italian peninsula to end the constant wars was not that bad, he was using the resources of the Templar order for it without caring much about their ideals, a bit like Ezio in AC2 was using the Assassins for his goals, Ezio came to embrace the Assassin ideals, Cesare never did.

Dev_Anj
04-30-2014, 04:33 PM
Heh, a circle*censored word here* doesn't equal "most fans".

And wow at that comment saying Assassin's Creed 3 sold less than Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations. Either they don't know mathematics, or they live in a bubble.

Assassin_M
04-30-2014, 06:01 PM
I don't dislike Rodrigo, he was a man obsessed with the prophecy, willing to do anything for it, it fit the theme, Ezio too was obsessed with his revenge, both hero and villain were wasting their lives on their foolish obsessions, he was a lot more pondered in Brotherhood when he no longer had to worried about those things, Cesare's personality was exaggerated for dramatic effects but his objective of uniting the Italian peninsula to end the constant wars was not that bad, he was using the resources of the Templar order for it without caring much about their ideals, a bit like Ezio in AC2 was using the Assassins for his goals, Ezio came to embrace the Assassin ideals, Cesare never did.
Well, this can take a long while to argue but this thread isnt really the place for it...it's not a serious thread, so...

SixKeys
04-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Most of that argument thread doesn't seem to be about who is the better antagonist, but who accomplished the most. In which case Rodrigo wins, hands down.

Assassin_M
04-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Most of that argument thread doesn't seem to be about who is the better antagonist, but who accomplished the most. In which case Rodrigo wins, hands down.
It started out as who's being the best villain (which has nothing to do with accomplishments) then it panned into who was a truer Templar (which again has nothing to do with accomplishments) Accomplishments had nothing to do with the context of the argument itself but the guy put it forth as an element of proof to Rodrigo being a better villain and/or Templar which is wrong.

inferno33222
04-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Seems like people want to talk seriously about AC2 regardless of your efforts M! But I think I get what you were going for so I'll try my hand at a what if post....

Guys, AC3 just came out and I can't be happier! Connor is hands down the best assassin that we've ever had. I can't believe how long the intro to the game was though! Waaaaay too much Haytham. Man that guy was boring, I would rather have spent that time as Connor! Connor is just such a deep and delicately crafted character. His Native American scenes are really interesting, and I'm glad they actually spoke the language. All of Connor's subtleties are noticeable in the well crafts cutscenes. I love how he always stands, reserved and considering, until he has something useful to say. Also I like how he hates it when people touch him, like when Paul Revere touches his shoulder and he looks annoyed. Connor is the best and is so relatable!

I really wish people were more like that. Those thoughts are actually mostly mine (except the bit about Haytham, I love Haytham too.) Connor was a subtle character who a lot of people just brushed over saying he was too stiff. I honestly think they skipped the cutscenes, because he comes alive in his body language there. I wish his relationship with Achilles was more developed though, but the Homestead missions really help with that. I wish people would actually pay attention when they played the game and actually played the whole thing, but I guess they like to jump on the hate bandwagon without much experience to back them up.

I'm not trying to say that Connor is flawless, but he is great. Ezio is my favorite (:p sorry M! Haha) but that's because we have three games with him. I like Connor at the end of AC3 better than Ezio at the end of AC2. I could honestly relate to Connor and his frustration, and I enjoyed his journey.

Assassin_M
04-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Seems like people want to talk seriously about AC2 regardless of your efforts M! But I think I get what you were going for so I'll try my hand at a what if post....
Yeah, everyone feels itching the need to defend their dear baby AC II whenever someone speaks about it remotely negatively >_> but thank you for staying on-topic

GunnerGalactico
04-30-2014, 07:59 PM
I'd like to have a go at this. :p

AC2 is the one the most disappointing games ever. The E3 trailer was awful, I was not very impressed and it did get me excited to play the game at all. Ezio is one of the dullest Assassin's ever, he was boring and not very appealing. I didn't not like his charm, charisma and sense of humour. Don't even get me started on the predictable storyline, it's all about revenge. The cities were lacklustre and boring. The gameplay and combat system were horrible. AC2 was a waste of time and money in my opinion. Why even bother making 3 games with such a pathetic protagonist anyway?

Assassin_M
04-30-2014, 08:02 PM
* For the record, I wasn't really being serious when I typed that. Ezio is my favourite Assassin too. If I have offended anyone... I apologise for that.
Oh my god, you people...you don't have to apologize for anything, you shouldn't have to post "oh i'm sorry" "oh, i don't mean this" "oh i don't mean that" this is a joke thread, if people can't take jokes then don't look at this thread and how do you offend someone when you diss their favorite game anyway???

LoyalACFan
04-30-2014, 08:09 PM
http://i.gyazo.com/3035513c64ea94d20b584fb834c9ce26.png

I don't even...

"Haythmitch sux, he gotz killed by hiz own son, not like Roderigo, he da bess eva"

Assassin_M
04-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Alright, to TRY and get back on topic..

Altair went to Mongolia, Cyprus and Constantinople, Ezio went to Spain, Cyprus, Palestine, Israel, Syria and Constantinople and Shao Jun went to Italy, it wouldst be out of place for Connor to be in France during the french revolution.

The best thing about AC III was the restrictive game design. i loved that the game held my hand throughout the narrative and the "push X" to assassinate concept is epic. it really feels like you're the one killing the target.

pirate1802
04-30-2014, 08:55 PM
I felt like the QTE and cutscene assassinations of AC III touched the pinnacle of how assassinations should be in future games. A shame it wasn't pursued in next games. :/

poptartz20
04-30-2014, 08:58 PM
I feel slight confused by this thread... haha. I'll still go along with this!

Haytham WAS THE WORST Templar. I totally think the best plot twist should have been Charles Lee kills haytham because He wants to be The ONE TRUE MASTER. They never even had a piece of eden so were they technically even templars, or just really bad assassins. I also loved how easy it was to get the optional objectives done in AC3 I like got 100% every time. If you ever got the teeny tiny red bar that pops up with those x's it probably just means you suck at video game in general.

AC2 was horrible because they chose Italy. I mean is that even a real place? Like Genovia. I totally hated how they changed everything about AC1 it's like they wanted a completely different game and story.

GunnerGalactico
04-30-2014, 09:07 PM
I love it how Altair, Ezio and Shao Jun travelled to countries that they would seem out of place in. But, Connor doesn't have to travel to any country even though he has a ship and could go wherever the hell he wanted to... I'm okay with that because it totally doesn't make sense for him to travel to France or any other country for that matter.

lothario-da-be
04-30-2014, 09:26 PM
AC2 was the worst in the series cuzzz The intro waz too long, and dismund was back too.

pirate1802
04-30-2014, 09:28 PM
However one thing AC 2 did good was the Templar cast. Such a dazzling array of well-etched characters, they made the AC 1 cast look like pedestrian tbh.

Kirokill
04-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Alitar sukzz so mush he first started bada5* not folowing any rulaz but then he go busta kill hiz master and foloiwng creed he was asssasin no he was a bad made character ac1 is disgrace of ac

inferno33222
04-30-2014, 09:42 PM
If thers 1 thing that's good bout Revelations it was Den Defense. Literally the only redeeming quality of that entire trash game. Skip all teh rest and just give me den defense!!! Its all I want.. I don't care about Ezios persinal jurney or wutevs. Wisdom is for suckers. And the Ezio Sofia luv story? Gross! I mean she has cooties! And then Altairs wife dies and he gets exiled boo hoo. I'd rather have a masayaf den defense than Altairs story. Boring!

lothario-da-be
04-30-2014, 09:43 PM
If thers 1 thing that's good bout Revelations it was Den Defense. Literally the only redeeming quality of that entire trash game. Skip all teh rest and just give me den defense!!! Its all I want.. I don't care about Ezios persinal jurney or wutevs. Wisdom is for suckers. And the Ezio Sofia luv story? Gross! I mean she has cooties! And then Altairs wife dies and he gets exiled boo hoo. I'd rather have a masayaf den defense than Altairs story. Boring!
IMO den defense was a cool feature, realy underrated. Am I realy the only one who likes it?

GunnerGalactico
04-30-2014, 09:53 PM
I especially loved the hook blade... it was very useful.

cawatrooper9
04-30-2014, 10:02 PM
My favorite part of Assassins Creed 3 definitely has to be helping Paul Revere on his Midnight ride. I loved Paul telling constantly giving me really helpful directions. Also, he and Connor looked so cute sitting on that horse together! I was so invested in gathering the army, and not even bothered by the fact that we only ended up going to like three or four houses. That's just how badass the colonials were!

poptartz20
04-30-2014, 11:45 PM
I especially loved the hook blade... it was very useful.

Haha! OMG! I couldn't agree more! I'm totally upset that they didn't bring it back in 3 & 4 :(

It has so many practical uses. More so than Connor's hidden blade/ hunting knife.

I-Like-Pie45
05-01-2014, 12:32 AM
I love the prisoner outfit in AC3! It's a much better perma-outfit than those mercenary, captain, haytham, and redcoat outfits because I can stare at Connor stare at his feet while running every day now

Megas_Doux
05-01-2014, 01:30 AM
ACB has a BRILLIANT set of villians! Everything about them is just GREAT.

Consus_E
05-01-2014, 02:10 AM
I'm so glad that AC ditched that stupid social stealth thing it made the game really boring, now if only they would let us have an AK-47 already Like COD!

Everyone knows that Ezio waz z beast Essasin eever! Altare talked to much and didn't have sex enough, Cunner was so borin he dun spent al dat time fighting teh good guies while Ezio was still sexing with teh woman in teh 18 centuaray 1700's. Cunner is alzo a virgin and GAY!!! YOLO#SWAG

Here is a list of stupid fanboy approved names for the Assassins

xxMasterSNipeRAltiarxx=Altair
EZIOTHEBESTSASSIN=Ezio (The Best Assassin)
cONNERisNOOBLOL=Connor
Jack Sparrow=Edward Kenway

I-Like-Pie45
05-01-2014, 02:14 AM
silent, i demand pics of your feet!

Ureh
05-01-2014, 03:31 AM
The year is 2015 and there are only three AC games. The AC series has concluded and this thread never existed. :P

The End.

*chirp chirp*

AssassinHMS
05-01-2014, 03:37 AM
I wouldn't mind living in that world. I don't really blame AC2 though. Ubisoft showed they are somewhat good at listening but they also proved they had no faith in their concept, which is both sad and lethal.

I do think it is important to criticize and expose AC 2's many flaws like you do but, at this point, it is far too late. AC 2 is already labeled, it belongs to the past and it can no longer be touched.
In that world, AC2 could have been the black sheep instead of this cocoon responsible for AC's reverse metamorphosis but, regardless of the fans' reaction, if a company lets mere comments shake a solid formula from the ground up, then clearly they don't believe in their work which means they can never acknowledge or explore its real potencial.

HDinHB
05-01-2014, 05:24 AM
IMO den defense was a cool feature, realy underrated. Am I realy the only one who likes it?

No...there is another.

BATISTABUS
05-01-2014, 06:04 AM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/ji3333_zpscd740fe8.png

This thread is molto bene.

pacmanate
05-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Assassin M is cool and Shade is not a machine

I-Like-Pie45
05-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Stalin is a pretty cool guy

eh kills Trotsky and doesnt afraid of anything

jayjay275
05-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Actually, a lot of AC fans think Rodrigo was a better antagonist than Haytham
Personally, Haytham has been the best villain so far.

AdamPearce
05-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Edward is such a concern Assassin, I really like how he added to the Creed and how his story permitted my comprehension of the Brotherhood to evolve.

Love this guy.

Consus_E
05-02-2014, 02:12 AM
silent, i demand pics of your feet!

http://blog.bookrenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Mens-Black-Dress-Shoes.jpg
You must pay a monthly subscription fee if you want to see me barefoot...