PDA

View Full Version : Help with STRICT NAT. Portforwarding ain't working.

HectorinoX
04-30-2014, 06:10 AM
It's about 2 weeks since i'm getting this nat and i can't get rid of it. Dunno why. I've opened all the ports i found for AC IV and UPLAY, still nothing. I've checked Firewall, nothing. Is it possible that my modem has a problem?. I have an 360 with Strict NAt too.

For the record, i had an OPEN NAT in every game before this. I even reset default settings of my modem and open ports again. I don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP!! :(:(:(:(:(

YazX_
04-30-2014, 07:16 AM
you know that you need to preserve IP address for your PC via DHCP so you always get the same IP address from your router and then you do the port forwarding on that IP address. if you already have done this, then try to set DMZ Host and disable windows firewall or any firewall software you got and see what happens.

HectorinoX
04-30-2014, 07:22 AM
I didn't know. How can i do that? Thanks for the reply!

YazX_
04-30-2014, 08:35 AM
look at your router brand, then search for how to set DHCP, in short, each time a device connects to your router, it will be given a local IP address, the IP address is given at random via DHCP server built-into your router, now since you need to forward ports to an IP address and this address must be the same each time you connect to your router, you need to reserve this IP address for your device, you can do so by going to DHCP setup inside your router, you can list all connected devices (showing MAC addresses) and preserve an IP address for each device so each time you connect to your router you would get the same address.

usually, router IP address is 192.168.1.1 and DHCP server addresses 192.168.1.X, where X represents a number above "1", so suppose you connected your phone, you will get 192.168.1.2, then you connected your PC, you would get 192.168.1.3,.....if the operation is reversed, your PC IP address will be 192.168.1.2, so to make sure your PC always get the same IP address as i mentioned earlier, you need to preserve that IP address for your PC all the time THEN forward needed ports to that reserved IP address.