PDA

View Full Version : Which Graphical Aspect Of AC:Unity Are You Most Excited For?

Wolfmeister1010
04-30-2014, 01:45 AM
So lets say that Unity ends up looking just like that trailer. Which upgraded graphical/visual aspect are you most excited for?

http://youtu.be/P5eGRnbZ0fo
Increased draw distance-(AC has had history of dreadful draw distance, and this finally seems to be rectified in the next gen exclusive game. To see what I mean about draw distance, just look at this picture of AC3. http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5223/1351365084966.jpg

Increased textures- just look at the cloth..and the textures of the buildings and the assassin's leather pads! Wonderful.

Particle effects- so many particles, papers, and bits of debris flowing around..and the smoke is godly. Also..think about the smoke from pistols!! Ps4 AC4 had wonderful pistol smoke/spark effects..just imagine how awesome it will look in this game!! I can just imagine it now..a firing line shooting at you..and a giant burst of white smoke erupts, obscuring the battlefield.. (I kinda want pistols to have a NEGATIVE effect on the battlefield as well: if you use them, they may be powerful, but they obscure the battle..just like how they did in real life)

Lighting- just look at it!! Those amazing reflections off the windows and marble..the amazing lighting in the streets..how it bends and reflects off each NPC in that giant crowd..WOW. Ac4 had some wonderful lighting and ambient occlusion..this is on a whole other level.

Character Models- finally it seems that the character models are becoming more detailed..with more polygons..more EVERYTHING. Even the NPCs in the early build crossgen screens looked better than anything to date in previous AC games.
http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/AC-Unity-Leak_03-19_002.jpg

Number of NPCs- it seems that we are getting TONS more NPCs in the world than in previous games..nearly twice as much. This could be for a better, more fluid social stealth system...but is also just so pleasing to the eye.

Art Direction- early screens kinda looked washed out like AC3, but the trailer showed a very ominous and "dark" art style very very similar to AC1. While not a "graphical" aspect..it certainly is a visual aspect.

Blood- I may be totally jinxing myself here..but I dont care. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY in HELL that Ubi could create such amazing graphics and scenery with next gen..and then just let the blood be the same crappy quality. NO WAY. The blood in AC2-AC4 literally looks like dried up red confetti. Even the AC1 blood..a game made at the BEGINNING OF THE 7TH GENERATION..had better blood effects than any of the following ACs. I REFUSE to believe that they still haven't fixed this lol. This may be what I am "excited" for the most. I am tired of stabbing a guard and having no blood appear on their coats..tired of assassinating a guard from behind and not having blood show up on the back..but somehow on the front instead.

Next Gen pastries- self explanatory.

Physics- It is likely that with this new next gen focus..there could be an improvement on physics. In Ac4, no matter the generation..flags, cloth, the ground, dead bodies, and water do not react to your gunshots or projectiles, and your body does not affect the water, flags, cloth, or environment realistically. The grass and foliage does, however. And this little detail to physics in AC4 makes me believe that in Unity, they might try to upgrade the physics a lot, at least probably as a PC exclusive Nvidia thing..like they have done with AC3-4.

I-Like-Pie45
04-30-2014, 01:56 AM
Draw distance - no more fog, no more pop-in hopefully
Riki-oh Level Detail of Blood
Hopefully no more bad filters like Venice
NPCs so detailed you can see the armpit hair on a women when she lifts it or the pus leaking from a scab on a soldier

SixKeys
04-30-2014, 02:40 AM
On the off-chance that the teaser is actually representative of the game (sorry Ubi, you have a history of misleading trailers).....I'm most excited about the buildings being larger in scale and more detailed.

Increased number of NPCs means nothing if they don't make crowds look alive and interesting. AC3 had the capacity for 2,000 NPCs on screen at the same time, yet the scenes that made use of that (mainly Boston Tea Party and Battle of Bunker Hill) looked boring because all the people looked alike and moved in sync like robots.

SixKeys
04-30-2014, 02:42 AM
And for the love of God, can we finally get women's skirts that move like real cloth? Thus far they've been incredibly stiff and awkward, making it look like women bend their knees all the time while walking.

Wolfmeister1010
04-30-2014, 02:46 AM
Draw distance - no more fog, no more pop-in hopefully
Riki-oh Level Detail of Blood
Hopefully no more bad filters like Venice
NPCs so detailed you can see the armpit hair on a women when she lifts it or the pus leaking from a scab on a soldier

I like the fog..ALOT. Maybe make it so that the fog is placed naturally, as more of an aesthetic piece than coverup

LoyalACFan
04-30-2014, 03:22 AM
And for the love of God, can we finally get women's skirts that move like real cloth? Thus far they've been incredibly stiff and awkward, making it look like women bend their knees all the time while walking.

Addendum- better cloth physics in general.

Wolfmeister1010
04-30-2014, 04:17 AM
Addendum- better cloth physics in general.

Yeah that would fit in the "physics" part of my post lol.

LoyalACFan
04-30-2014, 07:00 AM
Yeah that would fit in the "physics" part of my post lol.

Yeah, I didn't want to vote for that though because it's still technically unconfirmed. I went for art direction, because I'm loving what I've seen so far and I honestly I think design is far more important than graphics. I mean, hell, AC2 has awful graphics from a technical standpoint but it's still very visually appealing IMO. Whereas Infamous: Second Son has wonderful graphics but the game is mostly gray and yellow sludge. So boring to look at after a while.

Locopells
04-30-2014, 12:18 PM
Draw distance for me, though I'm hoping a new gaming rig, and a SSD will help with that...eventually...

Wolfmeister1010
04-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I didn't want to vote for that though because it's still technically unconfirmed. I went for art direction, because I'm loving what I've seen so far and I honestly I think design is far more important than graphics. I mean, hell, AC2 has awful graphics from a technical standpoint but it's still very visually appealing IMO. Whereas Infamous: Second Son has wonderful graphics but the game is mostly gray and yellow sludge. So boring to look at after a while.

True, but that is basically how Seattle is lol, grey and rainy. They had a very realistic take on the city..except for the concrete structures..and according to some Seattlites it is not an accurate representation based on the actual layout of the city in real life.

king-hailz
04-30-2014, 02:41 PM
100% character models since I think every ac game has been let down by the character models... I am now excited!!! More than ever!!!

AherasSTRG
04-30-2014, 03:09 PM
These things are going to be pointless if the game is not well optimised.

Bastiaen
04-30-2014, 03:11 PM
The setting. That's usually the most exciting part of any of these games.

pacmanate
04-30-2014, 03:35 PM
Draw Distance and better textures.

I want Unity to have a "photo mode" just like Infamous has though! AC photo modes could be real fun.

cawatrooper9
04-30-2014, 03:39 PM
I'm kind of hoping that they figure out a way to work with suspended ropes so that you can't just walk through them. You know, like how when you're on a crate suspended by ropes on all four corners, and your assassin somehow magically is able to pass his entire body through the ropes. I don't know why, but that always breaks the realism of the game to me.
Perhaps they could add in an animation in which he sidesteps the ropes, like how Edward would step under clotheslines.

SixKeys
04-30-2014, 04:00 PM
I'm kind of hoping that they figure out a way to work with suspended ropes so that you can't just walk through them. You know, like how when you're on a crate suspended by ropes on all four corners, and your assassin somehow magically is able to pass his entire body through the ropes. I don't know why, but that always breaks the realism of the game to me.
Perhaps they could add in an animation in which he sidesteps the ropes, like how Edward would step under clotheslines.

I get what you're saying, but I think an extra animation might interfere with freerunning in such situations. Like you're parkouring around the city and hop on top of one of those suspended crates and want to immediately jump off again, but the assassin is still in the middle of a crouching animation, so your momentum is halted and you fall off. That's pretty much exactly what would happen in real life as well, so there's a fine line between enjoyable gameplay and realism.

Dev_Anj
04-30-2014, 04:11 PM
The hell is a next generation pastry?

I would like them to make more realistic crowds with the next generation technology, and also focus on lighting, blood and detailing of the environment. Also, I hope they can judiciously use particle effects and animations better to convey different weather.

pacmanate
04-30-2014, 04:40 PM
The hell is a next generation pastry?

I would like them to make more realistic crowds with the next generation technology, and also focus on lighting, blood and detailing of the environment. Also, I hope they can judiciously use particle effects and animations better to convey different weather.

Last gen pastry:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3408/3429196027_80a5c386eb_z.jpg?zz=1

Current Gen Pastry:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/Palmeras_de_hojaldre_1.jpg

Mr_Shade
04-30-2014, 04:45 PM
[rolls eyes]

Sushiglutton
04-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Next gen pastery looks burned :(.

Anyway this is too hard to know yet. I would never have guessed my favourite graphical touch in AC4 would have been the dense stalking zones :). I suppose the one technical aspect I'm mostly intrigued by is being able to move inside with no loading (if this is indeed in the game).

ze_topazio
04-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Next gen pastry has many layers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/Mille-feuille_fran%C3%A7ais_1.jpg

Mr_Shade
04-30-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm sure no matter how amazing the game is - someone will always find something to complain about..

Burnt pastry or not..

Sushiglutton
04-30-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm sure no matter how amazing the game is - someone will always find something to complain about..

Burnt pastry or not..

Have no idea what you are talking about ;)

Dev_Anj
04-30-2014, 05:19 PM
He's talking about next gen pastries, and how they look burnt.

He's saying that even if they don't have burnt pastries, someone will have something to complain about the next generation games.

@pacmante: Hey, not fair! Atleast try and capture the last generation pastries with a decent camera and shot angle. :p

Wolfmeister1010
04-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Next gen pastery looks burned :(.

Anyway this is too hard to know yet. I would never have guessed my favourite graphical touch in AC4 would have been the dense stalking zones :). I suppose the one technical aspect I'm mostly intrigued by is being able to move inside with no loading (if this is indeed in the game).

Agreed. Adds immersion. Considering that Connor stuck out like a sore thumb in the sparse stalking zones in AC3..it was a VERY welcome change.

oliacr
04-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Everything that has been improved or increased or confirmed :)

pirate1802
04-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Arno's armpit hair rendered in full tressFX glory.

lothario-da-be
04-30-2014, 09:07 PM
I am especialy excited for better crowds. When I see the e3 demo I wanna feel like I am watching the first ac1 demos.

RinoTheBouncer
04-30-2014, 09:14 PM
First of all, and the most important of all is that I want the overall look to be just like the sneak peek since they claimed it’s in-game footage or footage using game play graphics or whatever. I don’t want a certain thing to be improved, I want all of it to be improved and become a true next-gen experience, from distant scenery and skies, to character’s face, body, clothes, movement and lip-synching to buildings, NPC, animals and vehicles to weather system, particle effects such as smoke, fog, fire, rain, dust..etc.

I want to look at AC:Unity and truly feel that THIS IS NEXT GEN! just like how PS3 was drastically different from PS2 and how PS2 was different from PS1. So far, I feel like they’re only upgrading frame rate and some particle effects and reflections the rest is all the same. Same sharp edges in circular/oval shapes, same too-dull or too-reflective skin, same problems with robes and weapons moving through the character’s body..etc.

This is next ten which was promoted with awesome demos like Agni’s Philosophy, so why can’t we get an AC that looks this cool? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU

inferno33222
04-30-2014, 09:30 PM
I'm not really sure what you mean by draw distance... What's wrong with that picture of ACIII?

cawatrooper9
04-30-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm not really sure what you mean by draw distance... What's wrong with that picture of ACIII?

I'm not sure what's supposed to be wrong with that picture, but I remember that from certain angles the draw distances in Boston were terrible. Even on a sunny day, there could be enough distance fog to make you feel like you were in Silent Hill.

TheHumanTowel
04-30-2014, 10:03 PM
You serious? Look at the textures on the far hill. You can see the line where the grass stops being rendered.

I-Like-Pie45
04-30-2014, 10:52 PM
I really like the cement texture in modern day. It looks smooth.

I hope Assassin's Creed Unity has cement even smoother

joose_2
04-30-2014, 11:40 PM
I'm a sucker for textures so that's what I voted, but physics was a close second. Clothing, HAIR (Edward's hair was a little pathetic IMO, it was as if there were a handful of chunks of hair that would move instead of individual strands....which may be asking a lot but I think it'd make a difference; NPCs hair was 100x worse), jumping realistic distances, etc.

inferno33222
05-01-2014, 02:08 AM
I'm not sure what's supposed to be wrong with that picture, but I remember that from certain angles the draw distances in Boston were terrible. Even on a sunny day, there could be enough distance fog to make you feel like you were in Silent Hill.

You serious? Look at the textures on the far hill. You can see the line where the grass stops being rendered.

Ah yes, I see. I would love to see vast draw distance in the new game. But draw distance is something in feels ACIII tried too hard with. When on a viewpoint you could see people walking waaaayyy down the street, but the people in front of you would pop in and out like they just invented time travel and there were too few people to begin with. I'd rather have the game focus its processing power on things close to me if it can't handle the far away stuff.

Ureh
05-01-2014, 04:02 AM
If the buildings on the horizon can look almost as good as the buildings close to the camera then that would be a dream come true. And clouds that look prettier than the ones from ACB/ACR. MMMmmm... a feast for the eyes! O.O

:O

True_Assassin92
05-01-2014, 10:38 AM
Could it be that AC: Unity does not refer to a unification of templars and assassins, but more so a unification of Assassins around the world to come to this one place, France. It could be possible for connor to make a return then. :)

I liked how Black flag looked visually so if they improve that even more, which will most likely be the case, I'll be satisfied. :) + A better story

RinoTheBouncer
05-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Regarding draw distance and loading. I’d love to see the game fully loaded so that I won’t see people or trees popping out of nowhere. I know they had a fancy effect, especially with trees in ACIII where they looked like this is how the Animus is showing them but I’d rather have a system where cutscenes load during gameplay and gameplay loads during cutscenes so no time wasted on prolonged loading screens, even though AC loading screens are fancy, but still, some of them were way too prolonged or appeared way too often.