PDA

View Full Version : 4/29 DLC - "Alter Bridge" 4 Pack

toymachinesh
04-29-2014, 02:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WLqw7QsO1U

Alter Bridge Song Pack – $9.99 (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Alter-Bridge-Song-Pack/cc382e1b-4869-491a-8007-455067ca56e2?cid=search)

Alter Bridge “Blackbird” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz_j7nVCJJ0) (Eb Standard / Eb Drop Db [Rhythm/Bass]) – [XBL] (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Alter-Bridge-Blackbird/edd9fa68-add2-4814-9a24-91b785789f3b?cid=search)
Alter Bridge “Isolation” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pnlm1Ky_sA) (Drop C) – [XBL] (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Alter-Bridge-Isolation/615c861c-e7a4-4a00-86f0-5ecaa215f5f8?cid=search)
Alter Bridge “Rise Today” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYG3BPvFOgs) (Drop D) – [XBL] (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Alter-Bridge-Rise-Today/b3167ad8-ef92-429d-b2ce-af044c2e823a?cid=search)
Alter Bridge “Ties That Bind” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEjM_wF1VBA) (D Standard) – [XBL] (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Product/Alter-Bridge-Ties-That-Bind/b7b20da3-b1bf-49aa-8b3e-a3283b1cf931?cid=search)

​http://www.theriffrepeater.com/rocksmith-2014-dlc-429-alter-bridge

Brick235
04-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Thanks Toy. I was curious what the tunings would be. So, every song is different. Great! Guess I'll have to really work on one at a time then.

toymachinesh
04-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Start with Isolation and work your way up lol ;)

tmitch45
04-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Great pack just such a shame that its all different tuning! Maybe time for 3 new guitars??????

Ezios_Axe
04-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Wow that is some tuned down stuff. I always have one guitar in Eb but that doesn't help much here.

Akace11
04-29-2014, 02:48 PM
Yes!!!! \m/

cws78
04-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Wow that is some tuned down stuff. I always have one guitar in Eb but that doesn't help much here.

Same here, I need at least two more guitars. LOL Figures my favorite song is with strings flappin in the wind (Isolation)
This pack is a definite buy Have always loved his guitar work. AMAZING

Rock ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

RokDog007
04-29-2014, 03:48 PM
I don't like alters & bridges scare me

:p

guitarman529
04-29-2014, 04:05 PM
i will get Rise Today when I get home. Blackbird later. Was hoping for Open Your Eyes.

culo_grasso
04-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Is it strictly rythm/lead? Or is there an alternate rythm/lead part? The alternates in the megadeth/avenged sevenfold packs made them more accessible (or easier) for me.

mbarsott
04-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Great pack just such a shame that its all different tuning! Maybe time for 3 new guitars??????

Or one Variax... a month and a half with it and I couldn't be happier with tuning changes. My other guitars are feeling jealous and abandoned!

futile67
04-29-2014, 05:00 PM
The pack is already available in Steam.

Ezios_Axe
04-29-2014, 05:23 PM
Same here, I need at least two more guitars. LOL Figures my favorite song is with strings flappin in the wind (Isolation)

This, and a bunch of other songs I rarely play due to tuning, makes me want to get a tronical tuner. I like setting up play lists using favorites and jam through a bunch of songs over and over instead of one over and over. It keeps me interested for longer sessions. Switching tunings makes that more of a chore than I would like but I will still get this pack.

i will get Rise Today when I get home. Blackbird later. Was hoping for Open Your Eyes.

Me too. I was hoping for that one. I know it's their most radio friendly song but I really like it. It sounds the most like Creed which I actually prefer to Alter Bridge. My Own Prison and Human Clay are excellent albums if you try to forget Scott Stapp is Scott Stapp. lol

toymachinesh
04-29-2014, 05:26 PM

extendedsolo
04-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Me too. I was hoping for that one. I know it's their most radio friendly song but I really like it. It sounds the most like Creed which I actually prefer to Alter Bridge. My Own Prison and Human Clay are excellent albums if you try to forget Scott Stapp is Scott Stapp. lol

I always say this. If they had a different singer who didn't act like a d-bag, they would be held in higher regard. Creed songs are a ton of fun to play, or at least they were when I started playing guitar, haven't played a creed song is years.

I'll probably get this pack since they sound like fun songs to play. I really can't get over the vocals and all though. Technically speaking he is a good singer, but just the delivery and the "yarl" style vocals make it tough to listen to.

sh1kamaru-
04-29-2014, 05:41 PM
Can’t wait for them to appear on PSN, jeez it will be my first day-1 purchase since RS2014 is out (well, if you exclude cherub rock which came with the game)

Ezios_Axe
04-29-2014, 06:14 PM

I always say this. If they had a different singer who didn't act like a d-bag, they would be held in higher regard. Creed songs are a ton of fun to play, or at least they were when I started playing guitar, haven't played a creed song is years.

I'll probably get this pack since they sound like fun songs to play. I really can't get over the vocals and all though. Technically speaking he is a good singer, but just the delivery and the "yarl" style vocals make it tough to listen to.

Yeah. Love Scott Stapp's vocals more. Hate his personality. Having a front man who is a talented idiot doesn't really end well when you are basically Christian radio metal.

Ezios_Axe
04-29-2014, 06:16 PM

Looks like some of this is above my pay grade. Will be a fun challenge.

jgrantham7
04-29-2014, 08:15 PM
Looks like some of this is above my pay grade.

Ditto.
I've never heard them before, but the video is enough for me to check them out.

I think the metalheads and more advanced players should get their money's worth out of this pack.

MarkAllan1963
04-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Wow looks like another new band I will have check out! the guitar playing is a bit intimidating but looks really fun to play maybe when my skills are a bit higher.

Steamroller52
04-29-2014, 11:47 PM
Yeah the intro to Blackbird is finger-picked so that's killing me right now. I played all the intro notes at 1% speed and made it through with 0 misses but felt like I was flailing all over the place, at 1% speed. Will need to tab it out into little pieces and get comfy with it at my own pace unplugged from RS. Then there's the solo.

plissken99
04-30-2014, 10:20 AM
I tried playing Isolation today and got frustrated(plus I had to leave, hate leaving a song mid riff repeater). The main part exists in two areas this game has trouble with.

1. Note detection at low tunings(this one being drop D and C or something), which is not good to be polite.
2. E and A string chords played in rapid succession.

I was getting no missed notes in riff repeater, until 88% when it went to dual strings I had to manually level it to 100%, it consistently claims between 14 and 18 missed notes, which is not true. Blackbird sounds like it'll make me want to slit my wrists lol.

Does anyone know if the game doesn't like thicker gauge strings for lower tunings? I've been using top heavy, bottom light because I keep popping the A string, of all strings(it's Maidens and Megadeths fault).

Brick235
04-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Higher gauge (thicker) strings will have more tension for lower tunings which is what you want. I know this seems like the blanket statement but are you using a really light touch? Even with those strings it would still be pretty easy to fret the notes sharp in Drop C tuning.

Stang616
04-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Higher gauge (thicker) strings will have more tension for lower tunings which is what you want. I know this seems like the blanket statement but are you using a really light touch? Even with those strings it would still be pretty easy to fret the notes sharp in Drop C tuning.

I'm glad I read this. My high E string broke at the peg last night while I was attempting to re-tune to C drop D tuning for Isolation. Is there a particular string that you would recommend? I will probably buy a few sets of replacement strings this weekend.

solidwhitemike
04-30-2014, 06:28 PM
I haven't had any problems with note recognition on low tunings. I have the luxury of multiple guitars so I decided to setup my MIM strat as my d standard guitar (and d drop c). I put 10.5 gauge stings on it and I set relief, trem tension and action in d. Seems to be working good so far. I am digging this pack. I can imagine it would be a pain in the butt if you only had one guitar and had to keep re tuning though.

plissken99
04-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Maybe I can try other guitars to better effect. I probably do use a light touch, but it's necissary when moving that fast while having to hit two strings, you can't mash down(like the game likes) when your moving 90mph up and down the board.

T0mmyd
04-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Sorry to cut into this current thread. But I downloaded Alterbridge pack last night and I had big problem playing Blackbird for my bass. I honestly Believe its a software glitch and not a player error. It was showing many misses on the E string and less on the A string, I found the higher pitched strings it will read better/more than the low pitched strings like the E string. I tried experimenting with different methods and I just gave up. I play a Fender Jazz Bass and I use Rotoround strings. And yes I know how to play, although I've played guitar many years longer than bass. I could clearly hear the notes being hit but it would not register the hits. Iíve had this problem with other songs as well were the bass is detuned. I think UBSOFT should take a look at this as Iíve seen many others complain as well..

AlexBLink
04-30-2014, 07:07 PM
Blackbird is the most amazing song I've heard in a long-long while. Great job Rocksmith guys, you never cease to amaze me about your taste. GREAT song in all meanings.
:D:D:D Thank you VERY much

Brick235
04-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Sorry to cut into this current thread. But I downloaded Alterbridge pack last night and I had big problem playing Blackbird for my bass. I honestly Believe its a software glitch and not a player error. It was showing many misses on the E string and less on the A string, I found the higher pitched strings it will read better/more than the low pitched strings like the E string. I tried experimenting with different methods and I just gave up. I play a Fender Jazz Bass and I use Rotoround strings. And yes I know how to play, although I've played guitar many years longer than bass. I could clearly hear the notes being hit but it would not register the hits. I’ve had this problem with other songs as well were the bass is detuned. I think UBSOFT should take a look at this as I’ve seen many others complain as well..

I might agree if I didn't FC 3 of the 4 earlier today. And I had very good note recognition with this pack so far. At least on bass. My bass is set up for E standard with 45-105's but even in D drop C I had no issues. Are you tuning with a good tuner outside the game? I have a pedal tuner in line and use that instead of RS.

Brick235
04-30-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm glad I read this. My high E string broke at the peg last night while I was attempting to re-tune to C drop D tuning for Isolation. Is there a particular string that you would recommend? I will probably buy a few sets of replacement strings this weekend.

I don't think I ever broke any strings with RS1 but with all these tunings in the new game, I've already broken maybe 3 or 4. I have one guitar set up with D'addario EXP super light top/regular bottom and another with light top/heavy bottom. It's not bad for drop tunings.

Stang616
04-30-2014, 08:08 PM
I don't think I ever broke any strings with RS1 but with all these tunings in the new game, I've already broken maybe 3 or 4. I have one guitar set up with D'addario EXP super light top/regular bottom and another with light top/heavy bottom. It's not bad for drop tunings.

Excellent, I was actually looking at EXL110s. Which of those that you mentioned to feel is easier for bends, speed, and overall playability in addition to drop tunings?

Brick235
04-30-2014, 08:29 PM
I'd go with the heavier set for probably anything in Drop Db, D or lower. The lighter set is going to make bends easier in standard tuning but once you start tuning low bends will be easier even with heavier strings. It's a real trade off. Best bet. Have 3 or 4 guitars with different strings and tunings. :rolleyes:

Stang616
04-30-2014, 08:39 PM
I'd go with the heavier set for probably anything in Drop Db, D or lower. The lighter set is going to make bends easier in standard tuning but once you start tuning low bends will be easier even with heavier strings. It's a real trade off. Best bet. Have 3 or 4 guitars with different strings and tunings. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, multiple guitars is not currently an option for me. Thanks for the advice! I guess I'll go looking for EXP light top/heavy bottom strings this weekend.

T0mmyd
04-30-2014, 11:12 PM
I forgot to mention too, that my strings are just under a year old. As far as tuning goes I did use the precision tuner that Rocksmith comes with as well. I do have a electronic tuner that plugs into the bass but I haven’t used it since I got Rocksmith. As I figured the tuner with the game is suffient as well as it being setup for the game.

Brick235
04-30-2014, 11:53 PM
I forgot to mention too, that my strings are just under a year old. As far as tuning goes I did use the precision tuner that Rocksmith comes with as well. I do have a electronic tuner that plugs into the bass but I haven’t used it since I got Rocksmith. As I figured the tuner with the game is suffient as well as it being setup for the game.

I couldn't tell you exactly what the problem is without being there but just wanted to show it's not the game in this instance. I think the in game tuner is pretty good but not as accurate as one you can buy. Sometimes it lets you go with a string or two noticeably out. I would double check your tuning and intonation and try it again. If you play heavy handed you might want to tune a little flat because it will go sharp on drop tuned songs. If your strings are almost a year old, I'd probably change them anyway. At least I try to change my bass strings once every six months. It's a not a bad idea to clean and do any adjustments twice a year.

sh1kamaru-
04-30-2014, 11:55 PM
I’m having a blast with these songs, so far only played Rise Today and Blackbird, both are really enjoyable. The arpeggios in Rise Today are hard to register, you need to mute the high e with your pinky to avoid it clashing with the D 14th fret. Steam, the solo in Blackbird is actually doable, there is only one problematic block, but even then I could hack my way through it and still get gold. Definitely a song that will keep me busy for quite some time though :)

T0mmyd
05-01-2014, 02:16 AM
If I was to use a separate tuner how would that work, is there a setting to disable the tuner in Rocksmith? As such in the case of Blackbird I have to tune it to Rocksmith or it won't let me play the song.

The_Working_Man
05-01-2014, 03:52 AM
I might be biased because I like Alter Bridge, but these songs are a blast to play (rhythm/lead)!

SeattleSauve
05-01-2014, 03:58 AM
If I was to use a separate tuner how would that work, is there a setting to disable the tuner in Rocksmith? As such in the case of Blackbird I have to tune it to Rocksmith or it won't let me play the song.

If you tune it with another tuner it should be close enough to let you through the tuner screen. If not you can always tune with the tuner right after you get out of the in-game tuner. Usually with these drop C/D songs the biggest issue is that it's super easy to press slightly too hard, or pull down very slightly making your tone slightly sharp.

dav_tho2000
05-01-2014, 04:05 AM
just read this whole thread as its on the EU PSN now, I cant access youtube so bought the pack blind on the optimism here! Ive never heard of them.
My useful input is this: its a 4 pack but on PSN is £6.49, the usual 3 pack price. bargain....or ususal for the newly introduced 4 packs?

BazzTard61
05-01-2014, 06:06 AM
4 songs 4 different tunings, i don't think RS has a hope in heck of detecting these tunings

but if they're cheap.........oh wtf, might as well buy em hehe

JakeSeattleX19
05-01-2014, 06:55 AM
it does ok, it seems to give you the advantage.

plissken99
05-01-2014, 09:58 AM
I actually have 5 guitars and one on the way(spotted a perfect condition baby Dimebag Dean guitar for only $99 at a Pawn shop today, I couldn't not put it on layaway), I like the thought of putting them on set tunings, however I don't keep my guitars near the Xbox and it would be a pain getting them to swap out. Plus I don't trust non active pups with this game, whenever I use one of my guitars without actives my percentage drops 5-10%. :(

Newest member of the fam. :)
http://static.music123.com/derivates/18/001/301/646/DV016_Jpg_Large_519979_01_guitar.jpg

sh1kamaru-
05-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Well, if you make the effort to properly intonate your guitar it should be no problem to play these songs. Also, once you tune your guitar to a particular tuning the neck will work a bit so you need to retune after it gets used to the new tension of your strings. For this reason it’s best to spawn the precision tuner twice at least. By the time you tune the last string the first one has changed because the neck “moved”.

IMO detection is not bad BECAUSE of an alternate tuning, but because you need to properly set up your guitar. So far, I’ve found some notes to be problematic, not because of the tuning but because some notes clash with others. In Rise Today the arpeggios are not well detected unless you mute the high e (for instance with your left pinky) and in Blackbird the 0355XX chord randomly drops, for this one I have found downstrokes only works slightly better, and using an even picking (not getting in the strings too hard to avoid the low Eb to cover the B power chord). In Isolation I*found the game to be pretty lenient for the main chord section.

T0mmyd
05-01-2014, 06:31 PM
If you tune it with another tuner it should be close enough to let you through the tuner screen. If not you can always tune with the tuner right after you get out of the in-game tuner. Usually with these drop C/D songs the biggest issue is that it's super easy to press slightly too hard, or pull down very slightly making your tone slightly sharp.
I actually did try playing both soft and hard and it wouldn't read the notes I played. I"ve been considering getting a different tuner for my bass would anyone have any recommendations?

plissken99
05-02-2014, 02:51 AM
I got Isolation up to %80 with all parts leveled, should be 90-95% if detection were better. I got all parts of Blackbird fully leveled except the opening, my finger picking can't be detected(since I haven't tried finger picking before I'm sure this ones my fault) and regular picking only kind of works, but the rest isn't all that bad, even the solo isn't as bad as I'd thought, and indeed it's a great solo.

BazzTard61
05-02-2014, 03:46 AM
clip on tuners work well with bass, i use an Fzone FT-22, it has a bigger screen than the tiny ones, it swivels, and has a rechargeable via usb battery.

be aware the in game tuners are way out, dont buy a new tuner just to fix that. The persistent tuner is never in tune with the normal in game tuner so how the game detects anything is beyond me lol

sh1kamaru-
05-02-2014, 10:01 AM
I got Isolation up to %80 with all parts leveled, should be 90-95% if detection were better. I got all parts of Blackbird fully leveled except the opening, my finger picking can't be detected(since I haven't tried finger picking before I'm sure this ones my fault) and regular picking only kind of works, but the rest isn't all that bad, even the solo isn't as bad as I'd thought, and indeed it's a great solo.

Are you just using finger picking or hybrid picking ? Iím using hybrid picking on that and so far the issues Iíve had were my own incompetence, Iím usually good with that sort of stuff, but that one is quite hard ! Detection is rather good on these ! One thing though, I had to stop yesterday because I started to feel discomfort in my picking hand, doing hybrid picking over the low E and middle finger on the G is quite a stretch, not sure it was meant to be played this way, beware of that !

plissken99
05-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Yeah I'm sure detection is ok, just not used to finger picking, what sound comes across is usually flat and inaudible. Never heard of hybrid picking, a Youtube search led to tons of how to videos, I'll give em a look tomorrow. I'll say this, these Alter Bridge songs so far have been excellent to play stuff that tests my limits without going crazy far beyond them, I'll be at these for a long time to come.

T0mmyd
05-02-2014, 06:31 PM
clip on tuners work well with bass, i use an Fzone FT-22, it has a bigger screen than the tiny ones, it swivels, and has a rechargeable via usb battery.

be aware the in game tuners are way out, dont buy a new tuner just to fix that. The persistent tuner is never in tune with the normal in game tuner so how the game detects anything is beyond me lol
I checked the price of the FZONE FT-22 tuner at its less than $10.00, I'd would have thought it would be more for a good tuner so I'll look into it this weekend. I take it this tuner also has different settings for a drop D etc?
Also I did notice the sound from my bass on say Alterbridge is a little off, which if what your saying is true would make sense.