PDA

View Full Version : I am still disappointed about the 3DS game getting cancelled haha

shauniscrazy
04-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Am I the only one?

Rugterwyper32
04-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Truth be told? Yeah, I think something interesting could be made. Not sure how it'd work, but it's possible, I'm sure. The main problem would be camera controls, but that would be another motivation to get a circle pad pro. If they made a small 3D game, I don't think controls would be much of a problem, though, face buttons function could change according to if you're in navigation or battle. I mean, the PSP already got quite the map in Bloodlines, even though it's separated by loading screens, the 3DS can handle more than that so it'd be possible.

Wolfmeister1010
04-28-2014, 11:23 PM
No thanks. I'd like all the resources available to go towards the actual AC games

Rugterwyper32
04-29-2014, 12:03 AM
No thanks. I'd like all the resources available to go towards the actual AC games

Frankly? I'd prefer handheld games over the rumors we've gotten lately of two games this year. Maybe give the main games some more breathing room, too. Plus it could be a quality game with some effort put into it. Ever heard of GTA: Chinatown Wars for the DS?

shauniscrazy
04-29-2014, 01:11 AM
I see both of your arguments as fair however the series is becoming rather stretched out, would you two agree? A really nice handheld would be a very fascinating change and there were two AC games made for the original DS as well. I am sure the PSP vita fans would enjoy one as well if not already.

poptartz20
04-29-2014, 05:23 PM
omg.. this was really a thing? haha.

I thought they kinda dropped the non console games.

but then again since they do sooo... well.

Even Liberations got ported to console. Out of curiosity was there a title or anything for it, and which assassin was it suppose to star? If it was Connor then.. ;_;

I-Like-Pie45
04-29-2014, 05:27 PM

Even Liberations got ported to console. Out of curiosity was there a title or anything for it, and which assassin was it suppose to star? If it was Connor then.. ;_;

it became AC Revelations

Shahkulu101
04-29-2014, 05:30 PM

It starred your favorite man - as he journeys to Constantinople in search of secrets left behind by Altair.

Revelations was first a 3DS title - although it had a different name, which I can't recall for the life of me...

I-Like-Pie45
04-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Lost Legacy

poptartz20
04-29-2014, 05:57 PM
it became AC Revelations

It starred your favorite man - as he journeys to Constantinople in search of secrets left behind by Altair.

Revelations was first a 3DS title - although it had a different name, which I can't recall for the life of me...

: | really... haha. omg. for some reason I would have been okay with this. Gahh...

Thanks you guys! :)

LoyalACFan
04-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Eh, Revelations had its weak spots but I'm glad it was a full console game. I hate when they divvy up the story across a bunch of different media, and this is kind of the same thing. You didn't miss anything too crucial if you didn't play Bloodlines or whatever that Ezio in Spain game was called, but Ezio traveling to Masyaf in Altair's footsteps was too major to be left to a handheld game.

shauniscrazy
04-30-2014, 02:34 AM
Of course guys but what if they put it on the eshop by a third party? That would save money but i know it wont happen lol

Assassin_M
04-30-2014, 02:38 AM
but Ezio traveling to Masyaf in Altair's footsteps was too major to be left to a handheld game.
Eh, it really depends...bloodlines could have been made to be the most important thing ever or even discovery or Altair's chronicles but they werent MADE to seem important. imagine ACR without the Desmond bits (which was going to be Lost Legacy with a few changes) it's not really THAT important...

if they touted discovery or Bloodlines as these very important games with very important events involving Desmond and Altair/Ezio then yeah, they'll feel important.."Altair travels to Cyprus to eradicate the rest of the Templars and discovers a huge secret" "Ezio travels to Spain to aid Christoffo Colombo and discovers an ancient secret"
trust me, marketing and a few story alterations can do wonders..

LoyalACFan
04-30-2014, 03:30 AM
Eh, it really depends...bloodlines could have been made to be the most important thing ever or even discovery or Altair's chronicles but they werent MADE to seem important. imagine ACR without the Desmond bits (which was going to be Lost Legacy with a few changes) it's not really THAT important...

if they touted discovery or Bloodlines as these very important games with very important events involving Desmond and Altair/Ezio then yeah, they'll feel important.."Altair travels to Cyprus to eradicate the rest of the Templars and discovers a huge secret" "Ezio travels to Spain to aid Christoffo Colombo and discovers an ancient secret"
trust me, marketing and a few story alterations can do wonders..

Absolutely, but the concept of Ezio "meeting" Altair was a much better ace card than anything Bloodlines or Discovery had to offer. So Altair gets a girlfriend, Ezio meets Columbus, nobody cares... but two AC legends meeting onscreen was too tempting to ignore, and allow it to fall into obscurity as a handheld game. Hell, the Altair stuff was the only reason I was excited for Revelations. It could be (and has been) argued that there should have only been one Ezio game at the max in between AC2 and AC3, but I think Ezio and Altair sharing the screen was a concept that deserved a console release.

Assassin_M
04-30-2014, 03:41 AM
Absolutely, but the concept of Ezio "meeting" Altair was a much better ace card than anything Bloodlines or Discovery had to offer. So Altair gets a girlfriend, Ezio meets Columbus, nobody cares... but two AC legends meeting onscreen was too tempting to ignore, and allow it to fall into obscurity as a handheld game. Hell, the Altair stuff was the only reason I was excited for Revelations. It could be (and has been) argued that there should have only been one Ezio game at the max in between AC2 and AC3, but I think Ezio and Altair sharing the screen was a concept that deserved a console release.
nothing was said about Ezio meeting Altair by Ubisoft regarding lost legacy. They only said that Ezio was going to Masyaf to discover the origins of the Assassins with possible connections to Altair's story. Lost legacy most likely started out as nothing more than Ezio's journey of discovery but was changed into something "bigger" to justify the console release.

LoyalACFan
04-30-2014, 07:08 AM
nothing was said about Ezio meeting Altair by Ubisoft regarding lost legacy. They only said that Ezio was going to Masyaf to discover the origins of the Assassins with possible connections to Altair's story. Lost legacy most likely started out as nothing more than Ezio's journey of discovery but was changed into something "bigger" to justify the console release.

I mean, wasn't it implied, though? There were probably never playable Altair sections in Lost Legacy, but they couldn't have sent Ezio to Masyaf without at least heavily referencing Altair. The opportunity was too good to pass up.

Assassin_M
04-30-2014, 03:09 PM
I mean, wasn't it implied, though? There were probably never playable Altair sections in Lost Legacy, but they couldn't have sent Ezio to Masyaf without at least heavily referencing Altair. The opportunity was too good to pass up.
Sure, Altair was definitely going to be mentioned but like I said, there was never a meeting between the two. You're only talking about it like this because in hindsight it seems important but it really is not when think about it from a point of view in the past.

RinoTheBouncer
04-30-2014, 09:31 PM
I don’t wanna say “I don’t want them to make” and deprive those who only have 3DS from the chance to enjoy AC, but on the other hand, AC has always been main-consoles games that are heavily focused on story-telling, great narrative, graphics, dialogues, remarkable characters and locations which I’m sure no handheld or secondary console is capable of handling.

Another thing is the marketing and people’s mindset. We all tend to care more about games that are presented in the best way possible and we all know that most handheld games are low budget games so it automatically becomes “less important” in the eyes of the majority.

Rugterwyper32
04-30-2014, 09:54 PM
I'll just bring it up once more: GTA Chinatown Wars. If Rockstar could deliver something as impressive for the DS, I can imagine that if Ubi put some effort into it they could create something absolutely fantastic that can match the console versions in content. Main issue is the lack of a second circle pad, either the face buttons would work for camera for exploration and actions for combat, or something else, I dunno. Circle pad pro compatibility should definitely be an option there though.

pacmanate
05-01-2014, 08:36 AM
Sure, Altair was definitely going to be mentioned but like I said, there was never a meeting between the two. You're only talking about it like this because in hindsight it seems important but it really is not when think about it from a point of view in the past.

I was gonna say dis

AherasSTRG
05-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Is it better for your favorite AC character (eg Haytham) to get a handheld game or not to get a game at all?

ze_topazio
05-01-2014, 01:05 PM
I would be okay with it.