PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag: Frustrated there is no manual save or more frequent auto-saves

Dehron
04-28-2014, 02:51 PM
I'm playing on Xbox One, and this game is okay (as a game designer there are a lot of little things that frustrate me), but the most annoying thing about Black Flag is that the auto-save feature does not happen more frequently (and I cannot manually save my game).

I will go do a bunch of little side mission things all over an island (locating fragments, synchronize locations, killing assassination targets), but if I die at some point I get taken back to the last time I was done with a story mission.

This is so frustrating! And it is why I no longer want to play. I am posting here because I want someone to please tell me there is a way to fix this. If not, I'm done with this game. Too irritating to lose progress that often. The game should really be saving after each thing I do.

deskp
04-28-2014, 03:30 PM
That must be a bug, my game save whenever I've done anything.

cawatrooper9
04-28-2014, 04:01 PM
That must be a bug, my game save whenever I've done anything.

Yeah, AC games typically autosave for any sort of action, even if it's a just a looted chest.

AidenPixxel
04-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Yeah,it certainly a bug.

AC games have some of the best autosaves

Bastiaen
04-28-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm playing on Xbox One, and this game is okay (as a game designer there are a lot of little things that frustrate me), but the most annoying thing about Black Flag is that the auto-save feature does not happen more frequently (and I cannot manually save my game).

I will go do a bunch of little side mission things all over an island (locating fragments, synchronize locations, killing assassination targets), but if I die at some point I get taken back to the last time I was done with a story mission.

This is so frustrating! And it is why I no longer want to play. I am posting here because I want someone to please tell me there is a way to fix this. If not, I'm done with this game. Too irritating to lose progress that often. The game should really be saving after each thing I do.

Leave low power mode on. You won't lose your progress unless you change games. In fact, you avoid the main menu and all the loading screens. Love my x1.

Dehron
04-28-2014, 07:34 PM
Leave low power mode on. You won't lose your progress unless you change games. In fact, you avoid the main menu and all the loading screens. Love my x1.

What is Low Power Mode?

Dehron
04-28-2014, 08:12 PM
My bad, everyone. I've now come to realize that it was saving everything, but just still sending me back to where the last story mission left me. It took a little testing but I finally realized that my side mission progress was being saved.

Locopells
04-29-2014, 11:39 AM
I liked the old system from the early Splinter Cell gamess best, myself - drives me berserk having to do the bits I'm good at all over again, whenever I screw up...

STDlyMcStudpants
04-29-2014, 03:59 PM
Its a bug. Not an xbox gamer so cant confirm if it is an xbox problem or not....
But over on the sony side..saves are constant.