PDA

View Full Version : Additional 60 minutes of gameplay for PS4?

MisterGrumbles
04-26-2014, 03:09 PM
I originally had Black Flag for 360, then traded it in when I got a PS4. I really wish I hadn't traded it in, so I pick it up for PS4 just yesterday. I noticed on the box, it mentions 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay for PS4. Sweet. Unfortunately, when I got home and entered the code, I found out it expired March 31. That being said, is there any way of experiencing this additional gameplay now or am I SOL? If not, what is this additional gameplay..? Cause now I'm just curious.

cawatrooper9
04-26-2014, 03:40 PM
I originally had Black Flag for 360, then traded it in when I got a PS4. I really wish I hadn't traded it in, so I pick it up for PS4 just yesterday. I noticed on the box, it mentions 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay for PS4. Sweet. Unfortunately, when I got home and entered the code, I found out it expired March 31. That being said, is there any way of experiencing this additional gameplay now or am I SOL? If not, what is this additional gameplay..? Cause now I'm just curious.

I could be wrong, but I think you're talking about the Aveline storyline. Basically, it's a short mission where you play as Aveline and have to track down a potential assassin.

FDerek
04-26-2014, 03:51 PM
I'd try that code anyway, if you already haven't. Mine said the same thing, but I entered it mid-April, and it accepted it just fine.

MisterGrumbles
04-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Hm. I have tried the code, but I will give it another go later. Thanks for the replies.

frodrigues55
04-26-2014, 11:15 PM
Yup, you are talking about the Aveline DLC. It's a nice little bonus story where you play as Aveline, from AC3's Liberation. There's no depth and you shouldn't expect anything amazing from it, but it is a cool extra to have.

It was only free for a certain amount of time and now you have to pay for it. I'm pretty sure they didn't say this when the release happened and it sucks that Ubi is not advertising that the code is expired, but anyway. Hope you find a way to play as advertised, which means, for free.

MisterGrumbles
04-27-2014, 01:01 AM
In Ubi's defence, in regards to an advertised expiry date, there is one on the paper the code is on. Unfortunately, and what I believe you were referring to, is that there was no mention of this anywhere else. As neat as it would have been, I'm not too shaken by it. Honestly, unless I can sail with her, I'm unfazed.

frodrigues55
04-27-2014, 02:10 AM
In Ubi's defence, in regards to an advertised expiry date, there is one on the paper the code is on. Unfortunately, and what I believe you were referring to, is that there was no mention of this anywhere else. As neat as it would have been, I'm not too shaken by it. Honestly, unless I can sail with her, I'm unfazed.

You can't sail with her, so you are safe :p

Yup, I meant that you still buy the game thinking you will have instant access to the content - which I think it's a bit unfair. I'm glad you are not upset over it, though :o It's a simple story and it's pretty linear. It's not open world - just a straight path with no side activities, but still a bit fun.

MisterGrumbles
04-27-2014, 06:55 AM
You can't sail with her, so you are safe :p

Yup, I meant that you still buy the game thinking you will have instant access to the content - which I think it's a bit unfair. I'm glad you are not upset over it, though :o It's a simple story and it's pretty linear. It's not open world - just a straight path with no side activities, but still a bit fun.

If any of you are curious, it downloaded just fine for me. What I believe the issue to have been was that I hadn't fully let the game download and install. After doing that, it went through no problem. Jumped the gun, you could say. Ha ha. Thank you, all, for your aid and insight.

All in all regarding Black Flag, it's just so awesome. Having played the 360 version, trading it in and now playing the PS4 version, I can say that I don't mind that I have now put down over a hundred bucks into this game. I wish Ubisoft would have considered expanding out from running around towns (unless they overhaul the gameplay) and delved more into the Pirate genre. Oh geez, I've gone a tad of topic, haven't I..

frodrigues55
04-27-2014, 12:42 PM
If any of you are curious, it downloaded just fine for me. What I believe the issue to have been was that I hadn't fully let the game download and install. After doing that, it went through no problem. Jumped the gun, you could say. Ha ha. Thank you, all, for your aid and insight.

Glad you made it work!

All in all regarding Black Flag, it's just so awesome. Having played the 360 version, trading it in and now playing the PS4 version, I can say that I don't mind that I have now put down over a hundred bucks into this game. I wish Ubisoft would have considered expanding out from running around towns (unless they overhaul the gameplay) and delved more into the Pirate genre. Oh geez, I've gone a tad of topic, haven't I..

Oh, touchy subject. :p

Ureh
04-27-2014, 04:08 PM
I was in a very similar situation a few weeks ago. Bought a ps3 copy from amazon (for $19 but they recently lowered it to $14, if anyone is interested), then was a bit dismayed when it said the code expired. But it turned out that it still works!

Now I might try to redeem that God of War 3 documentary that I never had a chance to claim.... :P