PDA

View Full Version : Extreme newbie first post & confession

FDerek
04-26-2014, 02:39 PM
AC4 is the first AC game I've played. I've been out of the video game scene for almost two decades...my last console was a Sega Genesis. So let me confess first that when I was looking at buying the PS4 and then my first couple of games, I read a bit about AC4, and looked at a lot of the posts from you guys...I thought, these guys are obsessed. I saw one post showing some of your AC collections, and I thought, good grief.

But I can totally see it now. The depth of these games is unreal - especially when you compare it to games from my previous console. I can also appreciate the depth when compared to GTA, also I appreciate their place in the gaming world, too. I regret not having played the previous ACs...I'm envious not having that background, seeing the stories evolve, and seeing the technology evolve/change from game to game.

Anyway, thanks guys and gals for all of your posts and comments. Lot of fun.

Kirokill
04-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Each game they did put a short 5 minutes about what happened to the protagonist, past and to make you catch up. But they did away with it on AC4.

cawatrooper9
04-26-2014, 03:04 PM
AC4 is actually not too shabby of a place to start for beginners. You're sure to run into some fan service that you won't understand at all, but as far as AC games go, the plot is pretty light on the lore. If you like it, though, I suggest you try the rest of the series as well- because as you said, these games can be really in depth if you delve into them.

Welcome, by the way! I'm new here too, but the people on this forum seem really great, so I'm excited to be a part of this community.

Shahkulu101
04-26-2014, 03:20 PM
It's awesome that you've rediscovered your love of games after all these years right on the dawn of a new generation. And yes, we are a little obsessed - always nice when someone understands why. ;)

frodrigues55
04-27-2014, 02:14 AM
It's cool to see how many new players Black Flag is bringing!

Welcome to the series, I hope you get the chance to somehow play the older games while they are not *too* old or dated. Each one of them have a different setting and feeling, which means you experience a large variaty of stories, music and gameplay additions unique to each tittle. You shouldn't miss it, each one of them tells a beautiful tale!