PDA

View Full Version : AC4: Naval missions

HappyChappy101
04-26-2014, 02:07 AM
Would you like to have seen a larger variety in Naval missions? (for example... involvement with other pirates, voyages to distant countries or even going undercover on enemy ships and starting a mutiny...)
What do you think?

Ureh
04-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Yep, I was kinda hoping for more ship infiltration missions. Unfortunately it seems the only mission that resembles this is the one with Edward and Adewale escaping the fleet. And it turns out forts can spot you from 500m away, even while stealth swimming!

The mutiny idea would be pretty neat but the duration might end up feeling like Haytham's time on the Providence. I think a lot of people disliked the "dragged out" feeling cause it's a mission about a crossing the entire Atlantic on a tiny piece of ""land".

Razrback16
04-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Not necessarily -- I was fine with the ones that were there. I do wish there were far less Assassination Contracts / Naval Contracts and other side junk though. Just give me a longer primary storyline that's very high quality.

Locopells
04-28-2014, 01:41 AM
I'd have liked to be able to take over others ships, sorta GTA style, though you'd need the crews support of course - maybe some kind of morale system?

HappyChappy101
04-28-2014, 03:03 AM
It would have been really cool if we were able to use ships from Edwards fleet to our advantage in open water battles, there could have been carrier pigeons on the Jackdaw which could be used to summon 1 or more ships to your aid...

But then again that would make you far to overpowering, especially later in the game when your ship has been fully upgraded. Perhaps there could be more legendary ships that you would need the help of your fleet to defeat them. :)