PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaurs?

cawatrooper9
04-25-2014, 10:50 PM
I'd imagine someone has asked this question before, but how exactly do dinosaurs and other prehistoric life fit into the AC lore? Was the First Civ established after them, or did they come before? Or, as some Creationists believe, are fossils merely artifacts meant to throw people off to the real history of the earth :p .

I know it sounds silly, but I'd actually not completely hate a game in which I could freerun as a prehistoric assassin across the backs of a stampeding herd of diplodocus- even though it would be one of the benchmark ridiculous maneuvers for a studio that is infamous for its historical twists and curve-balls.

oliacr
04-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Interesting to say the least :D

GunnerGalactico
04-25-2014, 10:59 PM
That's a tricky one. I think there is a possibility that the First Civ could have existed during the same time as the dinosaurs.

silvermercy
04-26-2014, 01:51 AM
That's a tricky one. I think there is a possibility that the First Civ could have existed during the same time as the dinosaurs.
Maybe it's the cause of their demise. lol

Shahkulu101
04-26-2014, 01:55 AM
I'd play an AC game with dinosaurs and I'm not even ashamed...

I-Like-Pie45
04-26-2014, 01:57 AM
Maybe it's the cause of their demise. lol

What if the dinosaurs made the First Civ, and because they foresaw the first solar flare, left the Earth on their dino spaceships

silvermercy
04-26-2014, 02:01 AM
What if the dinosaurs made the First Civ, and because they foresaw the first solar flare, left the Earth on their dino spaceships
That's also a very likely possibility.

Layytez
04-26-2014, 02:17 AM
Or maybe they made us from dinosaurs....

Shahkulu101
04-26-2014, 03:04 AM
Just imagine syncing a viewpoint atop a T-Rex as pterodactyls swirl around the skyline. You all know you want it.

adventurewomen
04-26-2014, 03:26 AM
If given the right setting it might work.. or it would be Assassin Turok :D

Turok dinosaur hunter & seeds of evil was pretty good from what I remember.

Zafar1981
04-26-2014, 03:43 AM
​The first Civilization which is documented after 200,000 BC while the dinosaurs were extincted 65 million year ago. So if you want to play with first civilization you might see some prehistoric animals like Smilodon, Indricotheriinae, Deinotherium, Wolly Mammoth and Phorusrhacos.

andreycvetov
04-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Could it be this?Like the dinasours were somethin like a beta-test for life on earth and after it proved succesfull they ,,closed'' the project by illiminating them and replacing them with something they would actually use-humans

cawatrooper9
04-26-2014, 02:06 PM
​The first Civilization which is documented after 200,000 BC while the dinosaurs were extincted 65 million year ago. So if you want to play with first civilization you might see some prehistoric animals like Smilodon, Indricotheriinae, Deinotherium, Wolly Mammoth and Phorusrhacos.

Even that would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind having some herds of wolly mammoths to hunt, maybe forging my hidden blades out of saber-tooth tiger teeth (because neither bronze nor iron would have been smelted, much less any stronger metals).
However, I'm curious where you got your figure for 2000,000 B.C.E.? I've looked at the timeline, and it seems that Adam and Eve led the revolution in 750,010 B.C.E., with the Toba Catastrophe happening ten years later. Of course, the First Civ was a highly advanced race with origins right here on earth- I'm not saying they're necessarily 65 million years old, but they're still pretty darn old.

ThatDoughnut
04-26-2014, 03:07 PM
I'd play an AC game with dinosaurs and I'm not even ashamed...
You play as an Assassaraptor, trying to stop the Templarosaurs bring down a comet to create a new species (humanity).
Assassin's Creed Comet, anyone?

Shahkulu101
04-26-2014, 03:16 PM
You play as an Assassaraptor, trying to stop the Templarosaurs bring down a comet to create a new species (humanity).

Entirely plausible.

cawatrooper9
04-26-2014, 03:25 PM

Whoa, that's deep, man.

BATISTABUS
04-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Dinosaurs went extinct dozens of millions of years before "Homo" even came into existence.

Zafar1981
04-27-2014, 06:46 AM
Even that would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind having some herds of wolly mammoths to hunt, maybe forging my hidden blades out of saber-tooth tiger teeth (because neither bronze nor iron would have been smelted, much less any stronger metals).
However, I'm curious where you got your figure for 2000,000 B.C.E.? I've looked at the timeline, and it seems that Adam and Eve led the revolution in 750,010 B.C.E., with the Toba Catastrophe happening ten years later. Of course, the First Civ was a highly advanced race with origins right here on earth- I'm not saying they're necessarily 65 million years old, but they're still pretty darn old.

There is no such thing as first civilization which you are considering. Those Jupiter or Zeus are only mythology. The first CIVILIZATION know are the Sumerian and there god name is Marduk which late become Osiris of Egyptian, Zeus of Greek and Jupiter of Roman. Sumerian are around 4000 BC and they are the first civilization know to human history. They are the first who make wheel, they are the first who start agriculture and domestication of animals. They are the first who start making temples and palaces. They are the first who start writing and they are the first who introduce Mathematics. Their Mathematics is consist of number 12. 12 Months, 30 Days in a month and 24 hours in a day.

About 200,000 is the first form of human known as homo-erects and we homo sapiens are nearly 40,000 to 60,000 year old. There is no civilization before us, the one we talk about are only crafted by us. First civilization are Sumerian before that we were nomads and hunter. Those animals which are now extincted were mostly hunted by this hunter.

RinoTheBouncer
04-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Not really silly. I’ve thought about his as well. I kept wondering about the origins of the First Civ. and where fossil evidence fits in the AC mythology. I’ve also wondered if the First Civ. which is millennia ahead of us in terms of evolution, have ever mastered space travel or even let some of the members leave the planet before Toba catastrophe.

silvermercy
04-27-2014, 09:45 AM
The First Civ theory in AC lore heavily resembles the Ancient Astronauts theory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts
I used to fanatically read so many Erich von Däniken books during my high-school days. lol
(Of course as with any theories, there are also criticisms, which I recognise now).

I got ze goosebumbs now! :eek:

LoyalACFan
04-27-2014, 10:58 AM
This has always bugged me, to be honest. Not necessarily the dinosaur thing, but just generally how the First Civilization fits into the timeline of the Earth. We're meant to believe that people had dinosaur fossils from 65mil+ years ago, but the First Civilization lived less than a million years ago in gigantic skyscraper palaces, and NOBODY ever just stumbled across some ruins somewhere?

cawatrooper9
04-27-2014, 01:37 PM
There is no such thing as first civilization which you are considering. Those Jupiter or Zeus are only mythology. The first CIVILIZATION know are the Sumerian and there god name is Marduk which late become Osiris of Egyptian, Zeus of Greek and Jupiter of Roman. Sumerian are around 4000 BC and they are the first civilization know to human history. They are the first who make wheel, they are the first who start agriculture and domestication of animals. They are the first who start making temples and palaces. They are the first who start writing and they are the first who introduce Mathematics. Their Mathematics is consist of number 12. 12 Months, 30 Days in a month and 24 hours in a day.

About 200,000 is the first form of human known as homo-erects and we homo sapiens are nearly 40,000 to 60,000 year old. There is no civilization before us, the one we talk about are only crafted by us. First civilization are Sumerian before that we were nomads and hunter. Those animals which are now extincted were mostly hunted by this hunter.

You realize that the information that I provided on the First Civ, although not realistic in our own history (obviously) is still canon for the series. Unless, did I make some sort of mistake? The First Civ in AC games seems to be far more than mere mythology.

Sushiglutton
04-27-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm really hoping for an epic open world dinosaur game this gen! Both AC style and FarCry style would be fine with me.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
04-28-2014, 02:18 AM
They could just be indigenous life that existed and evolved separately from any First Civ interference.

Locopells
04-28-2014, 02:24 AM
This has always bugged me, to be honest. Not necessarily the dinosaur thing, but just generally how the First Civilization fits into the timeline of the Earth. We're meant to believe that people had dinosaur fossils from 65mil+ years ago, but the First Civilization lived less than a million years ago in gigantic skyscraper palaces, and NOBODY ever just stumbled across some ruins somewhere?

They have - the Templars just get to them first - or they get buried under other cultures, such as Rome...

BTW - would this not make a great line for TWCB?

Though under earth and throneless now I be, yet while I lived, all Earth was under me

DumbGamerTag94
04-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Dinosaurs.............NO!!! just no. No no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!

Firstly dinos and humans were not around at the same time, and first Civ was around after them as well. Maybe the meteor that took out the dinosaurs was the First Civ wiping them out to create their own things, making way for themselves and humans.

Second, even if were done in the Cave man times(ie post First Civ Solar flare in an AC timeline), sure we would have the mammoths, and saber tooth tigers, that's all well and good, but besides being a cave man hunting game where would the story be. There were no "civilizations" so to speak back then, It was survival of the fittest, kill whoever you want, eat whatever you want. At the very most humans gathered in Small tribes for protection and hunting purposes.

So there is no form of governacnce, or religion, or anything for the Templars to try to seize control of to create Order, there is no Assassins Creed Story there at all. The concepts of order+contol vs. Freedom and peace were non existant, because everything was was fair game then, no authority, no rules, nothing.

The Assassins and Templars could not have been created until after the concepts governance and civilization began to take shape. So that leaves the earliest settings for AC to be places like Samaria, or Ancient Greece, or Egypt. Because the institutions, and concepts that the Assassin and Templar orders base their ideology on simply didn't exist before then.

Shahkulu101
04-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Dinosaurs in an alternate reality ftw

Wolfmeister1010
04-28-2014, 09:59 PM
I am sure Adam and Eve lived during the time of the dinosaurs as well lol. They had to..everything was created only days before..lol.

DumbGamerTag94
04-28-2014, 10:19 PM
I am sure Adam and Eve lived during the time of the dinosaurs as well lol. They had to..everything was created only days before..lol.
Well not necescarily DAYS before. The bible says that the sun was created on the 4th day. But since there was no sun how do you measure the length of those other 3 days? It can be any amount of time. That period could have been any number of incalculable time frames. Anything from a literal day to 1000000000000000000000years.

cawatrooper9
04-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Well not necescarily DAYS before. The bible says that the sun was created on the 4th day. But since there was no sun how do you measure the length of those other 3 days? It can be any amount of time. That period could have been any number of incalculable time frames. Anything from a literal day to 1000000000000000000000years.

Please don't let this spark into a Creationists/ Evolutionists debate :P

DumbGamerTag94
04-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Please don't let this spark into a Creationists/ Evolutionists debate :P

That wasn't my intention I was meaning to advocate for both with that comment.

But anyway back on Topic. Really stupid+nonsensical+horrible idea=Dinosoars. If you want Dinos play Jurrassic Park or Turok and keep them out of AC