PDA

View Full Version : The Mill - IMPOSSIBLE, Barrels always explode....how do you clear it?

juliantintin
04-25-2014, 09:57 PM
Hi
I am racing against the girl character with the red shirt.....I just can not complete the Mill.....even though I have on a solo mission, when against the clock it is impossible.
Where I keep tripping up is the 3rd jump over the barrels which always explode. Any advice would be so appreciated.
Best Regards
Julian

xitooner
04-25-2014, 10:25 PM
Sounds like urge to hurry and watch the clock is bothering you; you need to get it out of your head and just play. Focus on the task in front of you. And improve your technique by playing the Mill against multiple people on the leaderboard with a time slow enough that you can keep up for a while, and see how they are doing it.

It WILL come to you eventually. The Mill is a little tricky in places, but its far from impossible.

xzamplez
04-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Time your forward lean right, and let off the gas at the right time. The sooner you lean forward, the more horizontally you'll launch off the ramp. The sooner you let off the gas the less hangtime you get.

The obstacle is simply a matter of finding the sweet spot of both of those techniques.

Ch4er0n
04-26-2014, 04:27 AM
i doubt the problem is too much air time, likely its too little it he is hitting the explosives

gun it all the way and throw a good bunny hop off the ramp, you should make it fine

also, use the mantis if you can, not jackal

juliantintin
04-26-2014, 10:49 PM
i doubt the problem is too much air time, likely its too little it he is hitting the explosives

gun it all the way and throw a good bunny hop off the ramp, you should make it fine

also, use the mantis if you can, not jackal

Thank you all for your help and advice. I have finally got through this Mill !...I even went further and beat Butch in what is assumed to be the finale at that point....

rversluijs
05-05-2014, 08:24 PM
The mill is weird and had mission, its for getting the last part for the mantis. BUt with the jackal its almost impossible. I cant do a bunny hop with the jackall, cant make it. Im getting past those barrels with a front salto. I beaten the chick couple times got i didnt had any luck with the wheel.