PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Pack

dm_gsxr
04-24-2014, 03:33 PM
So I had the Christmas Pack on my XBox360 when it came out and was really getting Carol of the Bells down. I missed the availability of the Pack for the PC, I don't know why or how since I was playing both, but that's neither here nor there.

Since it's DLC, even if limited, it was transferred to 2014.

The question is, who do I need to bribe to make this pack generally available? Hell, I'll even pay for it and won't piss and moan about others getting it for free (I'm more annoyed that I missed some announcement that it was available for the PC and I somehow missed it). It was done for other songs, Cherub Rock I believe was a freebie for pre-ordering but available for purchase once the game came out.

I'd love the others that didn't get transferred from the original RS1 CD but that's licensing and I get that but I still play those since I have RS1.

Dan? Any answers?

Thanks.

Carl

fredyellowone
04-24-2014, 03:46 PM
So I had the Christmas Pack on my XBox360 when it came out and was really getting Carol of the Bells down. I missed the availability of the Pack for the PC, I don't know why or how since I was playing both, but that's neither here nor there.

Since it's DLC, even if limited, it was transferred to 2014.

The question is, who do I need to bribe to make this pack generally available? Hell, I'll even pay for it and won't piss and moan about others getting it for free (I'm more annoyed that I missed some announcement that it was available for the PC and I somehow missed it). It was done for other songs, Cherub Rock I believe was a freebie for pre-ordering but available for purchase once the game came out.

I'd love the others that didn't get transferred from the original RS1 CD but that's licensing and I get that but I still play those since I have RS1.

Dan? Any answers?

Thanks.

Carl

Wait a Christmas pack in Rocksmith?

?!?!?!

Where? How? When? What?

I'm dreaming of a whiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Christmassssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duggle-SD
04-24-2014, 04:01 PM
“Carol of the Bells” by Seth Chapla
“God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen" by Brian Adam McCune
“We Three Kings” by Versus Them.

I imagine the Seth Chapla song will prevent it. He left Rocksmith for the other company (and heard there was some bad blood there?). His bonus songs did not make the transfer to RS2014 too.

fredyellowone
04-24-2014, 04:03 PM
“Carol of the Bells” by Seth Chapla
“God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen" by Brian Adam McCune
“We Three Kings” by Versus Them.

I imagine the Seth Chapla song will prevent it. He left Rocksmith for the other company (and heard there was some bad blood there?). His bonus songs did not make the transfer to RS2014 too.

Where the hell are those songs? I have the original Rocksmith.

extendedsolo
04-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Where the hell are those songs? I have the original Rocksmith.

They were only available around Christmas 2013 and unfortunately aren't available anymore :( If it makes you feel better they were also free.

Cptn_Kangaroo
04-24-2014, 04:31 PM
I still have them
I bought RS1 from Best Buy and they had additional items in their version to promote it when the game first came out.
There were the three Christmas songs along with a couple of unlocked stomp boxes.
The Christmas songs came through with the transfer to RS14 for me on my PS3

fredyellowone
04-24-2014, 04:32 PM
They were only available around Christmas 2013 and unfortunately aren't available anymore :( If it makes you feel better they were also free.

LOL! No, I don't feel really better. I'm sure the team will come up with something next Xmas. Hopefully.
I just heard the song. Damm, I want it!
Dan, where are thou?

C.Linton
04-24-2014, 04:56 PM

Incorrect. The pack was first available in 2011, I have the pack in my PS3 download list as being downloaded in March of 2012, and titled "FREE Holiday 2011 song pack". I don't know how much longer it was available after Mar. 2012 I just know it wasn't available as of Xmas 2013. All three songs (including the Seth Chapla one) are all still listed in 2014 for me.

rcole_sooner
04-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Yep I still have all 3 songs in RS14.

In fact, it is a repeating mission to clear Carol of the Bells on SA MM on bass.

I just don't like playing the songs when it is not the Christmas Season.

dm_gsxr
04-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Yea, that's what I mean. With the licensing on the original RS1, I can see how the songs might not be available for inclusion in RS14 but all the DLC that was downloaded, including the Christmas DLC, was transferred to RS14. Heck, the RS1 DLC and CD are all in three files vs a bunch of individual files, which tells me the Christmas songs are on my PC. I just don't have the Steam flag that lets me access it.

Carl

Marauder359
04-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Heck, the RS1 DLC and CD are all in three files vs a bunch of individual files

I don't know for sure, but doesn't that seem counter-intuitive and unlikely?

What does it do if you were to buy a RS1 song now? Incorporate it into that file? Deal with it separately? Also, the DLC that we had in RS1 is not the DLC we have in RS2014. So, how would that work?

I have no idea how that works, but for all that content to be 3 files, including files you never downloaded...... well.... I don't know if I should believe that.

dm_gsxr
04-24-2014, 06:16 PM
I don't know for sure, but doesn't that seem counter-intuitive and unlikely?

What does it do if you were to buy a RS1 song now? Incorporate it into that file? Deal with it separately? Also, the DLC that we had in RS1 is not the DLC we have in RS2014. So, how would that work?

I have no idea how that works, but for all that content to be 3 files, including files you never downloaded...... well.... I don't know if I should believe that.

I did some investigation a while back on my PC. There are only three files. I think it was 2 for the CD and 1 for the DLC. I also checked with someone else who did have the Christmas DLC and the file sizes were the same between our two systems. That leads me to believe all the DLC and CD songs are in the three files. The RS2014 DLC are all individual files named appropriately.

Here are the files on my Mac which are the same on the PC I'm pretty sure:

227343823 Dec 27 21:32 rs1compatibilitydisc_m.psarc
227343823 Dec 27 21:32 rs1compatibilitydisc_p.psarc
33226089 Apr 18 19:07 rs1compatibilitydlc_m.psarc

Someone else can confirm. The DLC file was updated recently (Apr 18), don't know why though.

Carl

KinchBlade
04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
RS1 DLC (including Xmas) that's downloaded all seem to live in a single file called rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc etc. Mine is 32Mb. When you buy more it may be rebuilt and overwrite the one you have if anyone would like to test that :-)

dm_gsxr
04-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Is yours the same number of bytes (33226089)? Roughly 32 Megs.

If you're on a Mac, you can also run md5 to get a checksum. That might say whether the file is rewritten when new DLC is purchased:

MD5 (rs1compatibilitydlc_m.psarc) = 72ccb03b083cd3ded8eb0b7c48942966

Carl

KinchBlade
04-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Is yours the same number of bytes (33226089)? Roughly 32 Megs.

If you're on a Mac, you can also run md5 to get a checksum. That might say whether the file is rewritten when new DLC is purchased:

MD5 (rs1compatibilitydlc_m.psarc) = 72ccb03b083cd3ded8eb0b7c48942966

Carl

PC I'm (happy/sorry) to say.

Md5 is CCBBE78BB8DE89BDCA0565D9FF0001E6
File is 33,210,960 bytes

Check your mail for more details - just realised you're MAC

dm_gsxr
04-24-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm on a PC as well but also have it installed on my Mac for when I'm out and about or if I want to play it on my TV vs my PC downstairs in the basement. :)

So it doesn't fully match. What's the date of the file? Maybe mine was updated later than yours?

Carl

Moodyblues57
04-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Gee thanks, guys. I saw the thread title and got my hopes up that there was to be a DLC release that I would actually be interested in. :(

dm_gsxr
04-24-2014, 07:35 PM
That is what I'm asking ultimately. If the songs are already in the file and certainly the DLC should be able to be downloaded, then maybe we can get our new coordinator (Dan) to put a bug in the company's ear to make the songs available. Either as a purchase or a free download. They are already out on RS2014 so there's no reason it can't be made available again.

Carl

dm_gsxr
04-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Yep I still have all 3 songs in RS14.

In fact, it is a repeating mission to clear Carol of the Bells on SA MM on bass.

I just don't like playing the songs when it is not the Christmas Season.

I'd want it a few months before at least so I can get good at it before Christmas :)

Carl

DanAmrich
04-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Oof, now I get to be the bearer of bad news. I inquired about this and there are currently no plans to reissue the holiday songs, free or paid. Sorry.

The funny thing is that I asked yesterday before I saw this thread. I am in sync with you folks. :)

jgrantham7
04-24-2014, 08:51 PM
The funny thing is that I asked yesterday before I saw this thread. I am in sync with you folks. :)

You will be assimilated.

http://betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/The-Borg.png

Resistance is futile.

Duggle-SD
04-24-2014, 09:18 PM
I had it on xbox (RS1) at one time but deleted it so that it wouldn't show up in my song list. I bet I can't download it again now if I wanted to. Or wait, I wonder if I saved the songs to thumb drive before deleting, time to look around.

SFenton24X
04-24-2014, 09:48 PM
I had it on xbox (RS1) at one time but deleted it so that it wouldn't show up in my song list. I bet I can't download it again now if I wanted to. Or wait, I wonder if I saved the songs to thumb drive before deleting, time to look around.

You can actually! You'll just have to dig through your Xbox's download history. Which, if it's like mine and you downloaded a lot of things since the time you got the holiday pack... you're in for a long dig.

Duggle-SD
04-25-2014, 12:49 AM
Cool, wouldn't have thought of looking there, good to know, Thanks.

fredyellowone
04-25-2014, 01:13 AM
Hi dan! I'm just throwing in an idea.

Why don't you guys release an Holiday pack, made by yourselves? Let's say : Frosty the Snowman by "Rocksmith Dev Team".
Most of these songs don't have copyright anymore, so it would be easy.

DanAmrich
04-25-2014, 02:41 AM
Hi dan! I'm just throwing in an idea.

Why don't you guys release an Holiday pack, made by yourselves? Let's say : Frosty the Snowman by "Rocksmith Dev Team".
Most of these songs don't have copyright anymore, so it would be easy.

Those songs were made by the team, and they were older hymns/traditional songs that did not have copyright issues. The idea has been raised to do another holiday pack, but it is not currently on the schedule, and I would not expect one this year.

fredyellowone
04-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Those songs were made by the team, and they were older hymns/traditional songs that did not have copyright issues. The idea has been raised to do another holiday pack, but it is not currently on the schedule, and I would not expect one this year.

Let' hope I'm good enough by next Xmas to lean my own Holiday song outside of Rocksmith, then :)

Moodyblues57
04-25-2014, 10:48 PM
Let' hope I'm good enough by next Xmas to lean my own Holiday song outside of Rocksmith, then :)

I'm with ya there, Fred! I found pretty nice lesson/tabs for Silent Night, on, I think, justinguitar.com. In fact, thanks for the reminder--I think it may be time to head back over there and take a break from RS for a while. Unless next week's DLC is something in which I have interest. Ahem...