PDA

View Full Version : How Does the Global Score Work?

Godmil
04-24-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm curious how best to increase my game ranking. In some of the old Trials games you got a score on each track based on your position in the track ranks, then the global rankings were based on the total score. Is that the same here where each track has a certain amount of points associated with it? Or does the experience level play into this at all, like the more experience you earn the more points you get?

Ch4er0n
04-24-2014, 03:08 PM
you get a flat amount of score for what type of medal you receive on a track: 3 million per platinum

time beyond this as of yet means nothing

in evo score was based off time relative to medal standards, and fault factor, meaning you could improve your score in two ways: shaving off faults, and going faster. hopefully soon frontier will follow a similar system

xzamplez
04-24-2014, 09:47 PM
Saw your runs on YouTube back when I first started playing Trials. I look forward to competing with you.

Like Ch4er0n said: after you get platinum on a track, getting a quicker run will not give you any more score. It is a glitch, and Redlynx plans to fix it in a future update that they won't announce the date for.

Godmil
04-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Saw your runs on YouTube back when I first started playing Trials. I look forward to competing with you.

Thanks :) I'm also looking forward to competing seriously... but it will take a few weeks to get enough bike upgrades. I was in the mindset that I wanted to climb the leaderboard as quickly as possible, but I've now realised I don't want to try too hard on each track as 1. the lines will be completely different when I have a fully upgraded bike, and 2. It will just make the ANBA missions too difficult (as it stands I keep pausing before the finish line on my best runs so that I only 'just' beat ANBA).
I'm not sure I'll be able to beat any of your times. But it will be fun trying :)

xzamplez
04-29-2014, 07:04 PM
Godmil, would you be willing to record any tier 3 tracks for everyone who wants to see them?

Godmil
04-30-2014, 10:19 AM
Godmil, would you be willing to record any tier 3 tracks for everyone who wants to see them?

Eh, yeah I'll try, I'm not really set up for it, but I'll give it a shot.

Ch4er0n
05-01-2014, 12:02 AM
Eh, yeah I'll try, I'm not really set up for it, but I'll give it a shot.

that would be great!