PDA

View Full Version : The Future of Assassin's Creed relies on Variety

Ready-Win
04-24-2014, 12:06 AM
Variety is something Assassin's Creed keeps improving on but it needs to go one step further and the game will be incredibly satisfying.

First: The game needs to allow free swing for melee weapons.in addition to the lock-on. Just as pistols can now be freely aimed at opponents, melee needs that option as well. Could be through holding down L2, allows you to swing your weapon and strike multiple enemies, for example. (This is in addition to the combat already in place, not replacing)

Secondly: Enemy Variety, the developers need to go all out on this one. Each part of the game you come across needs to have unique enemies that fight in Different styles, different attack speeds, attack patterns, and combat mechanics. Currently the game simply does not offer enough unique and engaging enemies to keep players interested throughout the campaign.

Thirdly and Finally, Evolving the Main Character. The main character should start young and become older throught the campaign, not only that he should aquire a vast amount of unique fighting styles throughout the campaign. He should aquire these in a more natural flow and should be noticable increase of 'epicness' to your character.

With these three concepts focused on in addition there achievements so far, Ubisoft can tap in to what makes Zelda so great.

LoyalACFan
04-24-2014, 12:14 AM
Thirdly and Finally, Evolving the Main Character. The main character should start young and become older throught the campaign, not only that he should aquire a vast amount of unique fighting styles throughout the campaign. He should aquire these in a more natural flow and should be noticable increase of 'epicness' to your character.

I'm a sucker for games that span many decades with aging protagonists. It's like the purest form of character development. I'm a game design student and I'm currently drafting an adventure tetralogy that follows a man and his friends from their teens to early fifties. So yeah, I'd like this.

DavisP92
04-24-2014, 12:25 AM

No. Worst concept ever... jk but yea that's something I liked about AC2. What would be interesting, idk if they should do it though, would be the reverse of this. Start with a old man and how he's the cynical, cruel leader, and he tells his story of how he became who he is now. Starting as a innocent, optimistic, trusting kid (teen 18) to now

ze_topazio
04-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Those suggestions are kind of cool but they sound more like things for RPGs and not really for action-adventure-stealth(lol) games like AC.

Gaining new skills as the story progress is nice, we haven't really have that since AC1 and 2.

DavisP92
04-24-2014, 12:33 AM
Those suggestions are kind of cool but they sound more like things for RPGs and not really for action-adventure-stealth(lol) games like AC.

Gaining new skills as the story progress is nice, we haven't really have that since AC1 and 2.

haha i remember there was something about AC being more RPG like a while back. If they did it then I'd be happy, (only for the co-op). picking a classed base assassin with their own weakness at the beginning (until you learn to overcome them) would be perfect since it'll make you work with your friends. Imagine being an assassin that can't fight heavy guards that well, so you have to lead them into a trap where you ambush them.

It would be cool if (again only for co-op) could only have a certain amount of weapons (2-3 tops) and started off with no skill in it. But the more we use it, more missions we complete, the better we get. One player has an assassin that can only use a bow, hand-to-hand (of course there's the hidden blade). You could start only as a brawler, being able to only throw punches and block, but then learn to dodge, counter, disarm, and finally redirect. Bow could go to one arrow, then two, faster drawing, ect.

frodrigues55
04-24-2014, 01:54 AM

I would LOOOOOVE to see this coming back. It is awesome to go back to AC2 or even AC3 and really notice how the characters have changed over the years. Playing with 17 years old Ezio again after knowing the person he would become is great and it really shows how well character development was handled.

Darby has said the reason why they dropped this for Black Flag is because they realized they couldn't really find a way to make you feel how much time has passed. I agree, they couldn't. AC2 was really confusing to me at first because I had to keep checking and remembering the dates, and I was shock to see how much time had passed from one sequence to the other. AC3 handled this better, those loading-screen speeches really helped, although they could use some work too.

However, I don't think dropping it should be the answer - how about trying and learning how to improve, lol?

oliacr
04-24-2014, 01:47 PM

Best of the three but how would you do that? If you could do it in one game then it would be very good.Unfortunately, Ezio's development was splitted into three games. I would have really liked to play with Ezio from the start of AC2 to the end of Revelations (or maybe Embers) in one game.

jdowny
04-25-2014, 01:16 PM
^ II did it pretty well. Though Brotherhood and Revelations continued Ezio's story, II covered the greatest length of time. Ezio's speech after Savanorola's death is quite moving, and for me one of the best speeches in the series. It underlines Ezio's journey, and how far he's come from the beginning.