PDA

View Full Version : AC Comet is dead, isn't it?

Bipolar Matt
04-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Traditionally, we have at least some information on the year's Assassin's Creed game in Springtime. We have some information on Unity. French Revolution, Paris, Arnaud, etc.

By this time last year, we knew tons about Edward Kenway and Black Flag.

What do we have on Comet? Nothing. Jack diddly, and we are now 6 months away from the traditional release time.

I suspect Ubi is abandoning their support for the PS3/Xbox and have cancelled the game. Hence, the total silence on it.

That or the rumors were never true about two games this year in the first place.

pacmanate
04-22-2014, 10:38 PM
I thought we only got the Unity teaser because some Unity screens leaked.

adventurewomen
04-22-2014, 10:39 PM
Just because we haven't heard any news or official announcement of Comet doesn't mean it's dead. Just don't jump into conclusions.. just be patient! All will be revealed in time.

Wolfmeister1010
04-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Unity was not supposed to be revealed at all when it did.

Assassin_M
04-22-2014, 11:01 PM
It's obvious that this year is not following the past couple's format in terms of marketing, you should have known this by now...we don't know half as much of what we have known by this time last year.

frodrigues55
04-22-2014, 11:21 PM
If I'm not wrong, whoever leaked Unity's pics also leaked Comet's information, so they were both "present" at the same time. If it wasn't for the pics, we would probably know nothing about either games by now, so perharps unless some actual material leaks, Ubi will still be silent.

Shade has said here that we shouldn't expect news soon, plus, the Unity trailer was rushed because of the pics - so really, they wants us in the dark right now.

Perharps that can give people some time to breathe (they did release Liberation HD and Freedom Cry SA a couple of months ago) and also let Black Flag sell a little more.

Oh, a just a few weeks ago Ubi has said their franchises will still support old gen - seeing that Unity is next-gen only, it's almost certain Comet is coming too.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Unity was not supposed to be revealed at all when it did.

Exactly. Even Mr. Shade admitted that we weren't supposed to even see that trailer yet :D

adventurewomen
04-23-2014, 12:06 AM
Exactly. Even Mr. Shade admitted that we weren't supposed to even see that trailer yet :D
I remember Mr. Shade said that too.

Reading my previous post on this thread >_< *mentally telling myself to calm down* LOL!

Locopells
04-23-2014, 12:07 AM
Heck knows what's happening - people complained enough about the yearly release cycle, and now that it's broken...

cawatrooper9
04-23-2014, 12:08 AM
The last I've heard is that we'll get some info on it at a panel at E3... though I'd be surprised if we don't get a little somethin' somethin' before that.

Fatal-Feit
04-23-2014, 01:47 AM

I missed too much.

Wolfmeister1010
04-23-2014, 02:18 AM

I don't believe it was just Shade who clarified it for us. The description of the video on Youtube said that it wasn't ready to be shown, but Abstergo (us) forced their hand (by negatively commenting on the early build cross gen screens)

I-Like-Pie45
04-23-2014, 02:24 AM
what if its all contrived

nothing is true everything is permitted

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-23-2014, 03:12 AM
I don't believe it was just Shade who clarified it for us. The description of the video on Youtube said that it wasn't ready to be shown, but Abstergo (us) forced their hand (by negatively commenting on the early build cross gen screens)

True, guess that was just a way of saying 'okay, the fans are pressuring us too much, just give them a short teaser trailer so they can leave us alone, that ought to keep them pleased for a while...' lol

deskp
04-23-2014, 03:14 AM
People complain about eyarly release cycle. Well its not the release thats the problem*, it's the fact that SOME assassins creed game is constantly being marketed, giving people no AC breathing room.

*cause most of the games gets more than 1 year of production-

in about 2 weeks we'll know more propably.

deskp
04-23-2014, 03:15 AM
True, guess that was just a way of saying 'okay, the fans are pressuring us too much, just give them a short teaser trailer so they can leave us alone, that ought to keep them pleased for a while...' lol

No it was because the screenshots looked like ****, and ubisoft doesen't want people to think that's waht the game will look like.

Wolfmeister1010
04-23-2014, 03:18 AM
People complain about eyarly release cycle. Well its not the release thats the problem*, it's the fact that SOME assassins creed game is constantly being marketed, giving people no AC breathing room.

*cause most of the games gets more than 1 year of production-

in about 2 weeks we'll know more propably.
Indeed. If they are gonna make TWO this year, then they made a good call not doing the same super big marketing campaign for AC3/4

BATISTABUS
04-23-2014, 03:22 AM
Watch Dogs.

I-Like-Pie45
04-23-2014, 04:47 AM
Watch Dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

LoyalACFan
04-23-2014, 05:07 AM
Watch Dogs.

This. W_D has gotten some backlash recently, what with the rumors of a downgrade, dramatic six-month delay, and lukewarm previews of last year's early build. The last thing they want to do is inundate us with much-anticipated AC news right before it launches and distract attention from their darling new IP. To be honest I'm surprised we haven't been hearing a lot more about Watch_Dogs, I would have figured they'd be on full marketing blitz mode right now.

Aphex_Tim
04-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Was it ever confirmed that Comet would be released along with Unity? For all we know, Comet won't be released for another six months after Unity.
If that's the case, there'll be plenty of time for marketing!

LoyalACFan
04-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Was it ever confirmed that Comet would be released along with Unity? For all we know, Comet won't be released for another six months after Unity.
If that's the case, there'll be plenty of time for marketing!

Pretty sure they confirmed that they were both slated for 2014, but I could be wrong. In any case, they wouldn't necessarily have to launch on the exact same day like Liberation and AC3 did.

Locopells
04-23-2014, 12:52 PM
I always thought the launch dates were going to be separate.

oliacr
04-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Remember Revelations. The first infos about revelations were revelaed in May. So we've got plenty of time.

Mr_Shade
04-23-2014, 05:12 PM
I thought we only got the Unity teaser because some Unity screens leaked.

indeed ;) that's why it was a sneak peak.. and not a full trailer ;)

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-23-2014, 05:18 PM
indeed ;) that's why it was a sneak peak.. and not a full trailer ;)

So when CAN we expect a full trailer, Mr. Shade? :)

Mr_Shade
04-23-2014, 05:27 PM
So when CAN we expect a full trailer, Mr. Shade? :)

I am not at liberty to say - sorry!

Heck knows what's happening - people complained enough about the yearly release cycle, and now that it's broken...
Some are never happy - no matter what ;)

BATISTABUS
04-23-2014, 05:41 PM
I am not at liberty to say
Confirmed for July 14th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastille_Day

Locopells
04-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Liberty, or death!

ze_topazio
04-23-2014, 07:01 PM

Start the revolution, free yourself and reveal us the truth!

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-23-2014, 07:11 PM

Give us a trailer or give us death! LOL ;D

LoyalACFan
04-23-2014, 07:18 PM

You probably won't be allowed to answer this either, but was the sneak peek trailer an excerpt from a planned trailer in the future, or was it created specifically for the premiere after the leaks?

NAVID4ASSASSIN
04-23-2014, 07:28 PM
can we just know if the dude in the comet game has a hooded outfit or no? cause i heard he is a templar:rolleyes:

ze_topazio
04-23-2014, 07:49 PM
How do you think the new ship is going to be called?

HMS Sexy Ezio II could be a good name.

LoyalACFan
04-23-2014, 07:51 PM
How do you think the new ship is going to be called?

HMS Sexy Ezio II could be a good name.

There is only one Sexy Ezio, all others are impostors.

Wolfmeister1010
04-23-2014, 08:02 PM
You probably won't be allowed to answer this either, but was the sneak peek trailer an excerpt from a planned trailer in the future, or was it created specifically for the premiere after the leaks?

I remember seeing a while ago, before even the screens leaked, that the SECOND trailer would be about Arno's life mirrored with the life/actions of an executioner at a guillotine. I would say that it is entirely possible that it was just an excerpt

LoyalACFan
04-23-2014, 08:09 PM
I remember seeing a while ago, before even the screens leaked, that the SECOND trailer would be about Arno's life mirrored with the life/actions of an executioner at a guillotine. I would say that it is entirely possible that it was just an excerpt

That would make sense. I just hope they don't retread the Ezio/Connor model of "mah family got guillotined, I gotz to have ze justice n retribution!" It worked well in the past when they used it, but they can be a little more original than that.

Hans684
04-23-2014, 08:11 PM
That would make sense. I just hope they don't retread the Ezio/Connor model of "mah family got guillotined, I gotz to have ze cake n retribution!" It worked well in the past when they used it, but they can be a little more original than that.

Better?

LoyalACFan
04-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Better?

Infinitely so.

GunnerGalactico
04-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Infinitely so.

Yeah, they've used up the whole "family tragedy card"

Hans684
04-23-2014, 08:18 PM

It would be a tragedy to use again.

GunnerGalactico
04-23-2014, 08:21 PM
It would be a tragedy to use again.

Yes, it would be a tragic disaster

Mr_Shade
04-23-2014, 08:30 PM

My understanding is it was put together - due to the leaks - and was never really intended to be shown, since it was very early footage :)

If that footage will be expanded upon, or shown again in a future trailer - I can't say :)

LoyalACFan
04-23-2014, 08:57 PM

Kinda, yeah. I'd like to see Arno fight for his personal convictions and political beliefs. That way the morality can be kept fuzzier since his kills are based on essentially his own opinion, meaning that the targets wouldn't be clear-cut "my name is Arno Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die" villains.

LoyalACFan
04-23-2014, 08:58 PM
My understanding is it was put together - due to the leaks - and was never really intended to be shown, since it was very early footage :)

If that footage will be expanded upon, or shown again in a future trailer - I can't say :)

I see. Thanks :)

phoenix-force411
04-23-2014, 11:44 PM
Nothing is wrong, and it's not dead. You don't want to reveal too much before you release gameplay footage. If you release too much who the heck is gonna be excited about it?

I-Like-Pie45
04-24-2014, 12:00 AM
you also shouldn't reveal too much gameplay footage

cawatrooper9
04-24-2014, 12:31 AM

I agree, but they do have to provide some sort of motivation. One of Edward's biggest criticisms (other than his very assassin-like skills) was his supposedly downplayed motivation. Personally, I liked the way that his character's backstory was explored over the course of the game, ultimately culminating in... well, if you've played the game, you'll know what I'm talking about.

That being said, Trevor from GTA V has been lauded as a success since his characteristics pretty accurately reflect the way that an average person would play the Grand Theft Auto series. I wonder what a personification of an Assasssin's Creed player would look like in the game? Could a character be designed around that?

ze_topazio
04-24-2014, 12:44 AM
I would say the average AC player is one that attempts to be stealthy at first but quickly gets tired do to how meh the stealth mechanics are and starts killing guards left and right.

A character based on that would be a slightly impatient but logical person that is very well aware that he/she is nearly invincible and being stealthy is a waste of time since he/she can easily enter through the front door and wipe the floor with everybody while collecting some chests, feathers and flags, that person obviously would have no moral problems with killing innocent guards just like most players don't.

AdamPearce
04-24-2014, 01:20 AM
I hope AC Comet is dead & buried.

Wolfmeister1010
04-24-2014, 01:25 AM
I don't think they should go back to the "family tragedy" thing either.

I think it would be interesting if Arnuad never really HAD much of a family, and the "tragedy" in his life that pushes him towards becoming an assassin is he has no aim in life, or maybe he was abandoned as a child and the assassins find him and raise him. perhaps he had to grow up on his own. Would be an interesting story/personality tool.

Soulid_Snake
04-24-2014, 02:17 AM
Traditionally, we have at least some information on the year's Assassin's Creed game in Springtime. We have some information on Unity. French Revolution, Paris, Arnaud, etc.

By this time last year, we knew tons about Edward Kenway and Black Flag.

What do we have on Comet? Nothing. Jack diddly, and we are now 6 months away from the traditional release time.

I suspect Ubi is abandoning their support for the PS3/Xbox and have cancelled the game. Hence, the total silence on it.

That or the rumors were never true about two games this year in the first place.

I highly doubt it, they're main market is still previous gen, summet tells me they're planning something really cheap - like splitting a game across both generations.

LoyalACFan
04-24-2014, 03:55 AM
I highly doubt it, they're main market is still previous gen, summet tells me they're planning something really cheap - like splitting a game across both generations.

Surely they wouldn't sink that damn low.

I-Like-Pie45
04-24-2014, 04:51 AM
Surely they wouldn't sink that damn low.

maybe comet is the two-hour prologue to unity, which was cut out and sold as a last-gen "budget" priced title cuz $$$

LoyalACFan
04-24-2014, 05:39 AM
maybe comet is the two-hour prologue to unity, which was cut out and sold as a last-gen "budget" priced title cuz $$$

Yeah that was some BS, but Konami needed to pad their 2014 fiscal year because aside from Metal Gear, they suck.

phoenix-force411
04-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Beware of the SPAMS on the forums at the moment. Please fix this, Mods. Getting really tiring of seeing this happen.

Dev_Anj
04-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Yeah that was some BS, but Konami needed to pad their 2014 fiscal year because aside from Metal Gear, they suck.

And in the Splinter Cell forums, quite a few people defended that decision.

Here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/863309-OT-sort-of-mgs-ground-zeros/page28

ze_topazio
04-24-2014, 11:42 AM
I don't really regret buying Ground Zeroes even if it was a scam, is short but the game is so damn good, besides i have wasted money on worse things like The lost archive for example.