PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Movie

EricMinchey
04-22-2014, 12:58 AM
What Will It Take For The Assassin's Creed Movie To Be Great?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/04/10/what-will-it-take-for-the-assassins-creed-movie-to-be-great/?utm_campaign=forbestwittersf&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Gibbo2g_83
04-22-2014, 01:10 PM
To start with I think it needs to be at least a 15 rating although I'd prefer an 18. Secondly they'll have to simplify the story I don't know what they're going on about sometimes. Thirdly the directors need to watch The Raid films that's the level of brutalness the fights should have in the film. That's what I think anyway but I have a feeling they'll make it a 12 rating and that will ruin it straight away.

Bastiaen
04-22-2014, 05:29 PM
AC isn't exactly a hyper-violent IP. I suspect that the AC movie won't focus so much on the violence as on the story itself. However, I worry about it because our two main characters are Desmond and Altair, and they don't exactly drive the story as characters. I think that they will take a lot of narrative liberties in order to make the story more character driven, and therefore a better screen adaptation.
Let's admit it, if we went to an AC movie and it was nothing but violence throughout, without proper time given to the lore, most of us would be disappointed.

Hans684
04-22-2014, 08:26 PM
What Will It Take For The Assassin's Creed Movie To Be Great?

An original story instead of being a movie version of one of the previous games. It would give creative freedom for writhers and produsers, solving the problem that other game movies has had due to limitations by the company leading/making it. And Fessbender is half Irish and half German, it doesn't make sence for him to play as Desmond or Alta´r. Makes more sence in WW2 than during the Third Crusade.

oliacr
04-22-2014, 08:54 PM
An original story instead of being a movie version of one of the previous games. It would give creative freedom for writhers and produsers, solving the problem that other game movies has had due to limitations by the company leading/making it. And Fessbender is half Irish and half German, it doesn't make sence for him to play as Desmond or Alta´r. Makes more sence in WW2 than during the Third Crusade.
Original story like Lineage was, or I don't know but that was the prequel of AC2 so.

BATISTABUS
04-22-2014, 09:06 PM
An original story and characters, above all. Throw in some references and Easter eggs for hardcore fans, but DO NOT retell any of the previous works.

LoyalACFan
04-22-2014, 09:18 PM
It won't be good. It can't be good. Lol at anyone getting their hopes up. Name five decent video game movies (not counting goofy kids' cartoons) and get back with me.

The only chance it has of being halfway decent is if they make it completely 100% standalone with no connection to the ongoing modern plot and not a retread of any of the games, which they won't do, so yeah, it'll suck.

Locopells
04-23-2014, 12:14 AM
Defince 'decent'. Bad adaption of the source material is one thing, but I liked the PoP film, and disliked the Hitman one, just on their own merits.

IWGCJoeCool
04-23-2014, 01:15 AM
Defince 'decent'. Bad adaption of the source material is one thing, but I liked the PoP film, and disliked the Hitman one, just on their own merits.

i enjoyed both movies, and before playing any of the games(or demos). Prince Of Persia. yadda yadda, i knew i was in for a light popcorn romp, so wasnt disappointed, while i thought Hitman was dark enough without losing any of the action flash. i knew a little about PoP, but i wasnt even aware Hitman had been a game.

crossing media is always a gamble. video games are not the only culprit. it happens to books all the time. look at Dune...great visuals except when they looked like the cheapest ever. actors i could believe. were did it go wrong. the screenplay. nobody had a chance, not the actors, not the director. it was incoherent, and i was very familiar with the books.

i'm not worried about the rating. yes, blood is spilled, but never glorified like in some other games...like when it splatters the "lens". some flashes of red onscreen can be done both in a real way, and get it over with, moving on.

i imagine the screen treatment of this series must follow some of the iconic formulas...a present day somebody, the Assassins vs.Templars in the main, and a beautifully realised setting somewhere in the past. at least two leaps of faith(and doozies!!), please! one as an exploration, the other as an epic conclusion to a great battle and free-run. wrist blades, knives and swords...maybe some smoke bombs. the setting could be anywhere, and let's hope Ubisoft doesnt release some lame game to tie-in with...now that WOULD be bad.

Fatal-Feit
04-23-2014, 02:00 AM
It won't be good. It can't be good. Lol at anyone getting their hopes up. Name five decent video game movies (not counting goofy kids' cartoons) and get back with me.

The only chance it has of being halfway decent is if they make it completely 100% standalone with no connection to the ongoing modern plot and not a retread of any of the games, which they won't do, so yeah, it'll suck.

Lineage was quite decent. And so was Embers. The one thing I truly adore about the franchise is that it can expand upon being just a ''video game''. There are just so many flavors that make Assassin's Creed work. It's not in some generic action-fest sci-fi alien swarm location with bland muscle men for a cast. You can set an Assassin's Creed movie in almost any setting and practically go in any direction. I mean, yeah, I get it, a low budget movie adaptation like always would surely suck, but what if it's not? Assassin's Creed have always been bringing in pretty good cash. And Ubs' sitting on a whole lot more than they had when they made Lineage.

I-Like-Pie45
04-23-2014, 02:05 AM
Directed by Uwe Boll

Michael Jackson as Desmond
Shaquille O'Neill as Altair
Danny Trejo as Connor
Ellen Page as Ezio
2Pac as Edward
Madonna as Haytham
Chris Farley as Adewale
Wesley Snipes as Aveline