PDA

View Full Version : (No)o.b's combattips ( onlinetracks from GG included)

F19_Ob
04-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi again folks! Ive been away for awhile.

Im still in the mood for contemplating on tactics...so I found another track for U with explanining text .

I mostly fly on GreaterGreen bcause of the fine acematerial on that server.

As with all of my tracks I suggest that U first watch them with "my" headmovements enabled so U see what I saw. Then watch from outside to get the big picture and other perspectives.
U can learn alot about tactics and gunnery from this alone but I usually add some written explanation about the sortie.
PLZ see all advice as suggestions, bcause there are sometimes multiple solutions to tactical problems.

---------------------------------------------------
I have always liked battles between the bf109 and p39 since they are so equal, both with their own difficulties. I happily fly both and I thought I'll present a few tracks featuring these planes. Successes and failiures.This is the first track.

Plz feel free to comment or add .

------------------------------------------------------

The track is about 1mb and u find it here:
http://medlem.spray.se/obthenoob/bf109%20vs%20p39%20summer.ntrk

Bf109 vs p39 summer: Explanation of the track.

The track begins with me diving down to assist my wingman who just spotted and fired at a p47.
I see two ac below and guess that one of them is an Il-2 ,so I go after the fighter.I saw my wingman shoot at it and I fired a burst also when i passed him and then climbed up and informed that i would stay as topcover.
While climbing and searching my rear quarter I suddenly spotted an ac on my tail, still at some distance but most probably an enemy (yep, enemy).
For a second I thought of escaping in a dive but decided to turn in the direction of my wingmate. I checked my speed and made a hard descending turn against him and watched him go by. He was lagging behind, so I turned back and now I was sure, a p39. I fired at him in the first pass seemingly missing, and saw him continue his turn. I quickly altered my direction a bit and went up in a high yoyo, constantly watching the enemy. I turned inside him and and fired as he went by ( miss ). I saw him change direction and tried to turn "early" to cut his turn a little.Suddenly the p39 flipped and made a few spiraling motions, I fired ( hit) but the enemy recovered in a dive, rolling on his way down, I rolled after, and then he pulled up hard in a vertical climb and again flipped on the top, I fired ( hit) , he recovered in the same manner, diving and rolling but this time I fired after him in the dive . He countered with a hard climbing turn and my aircraft shuddering in protest, varning me for the coming stall. I eased up on the stick. I dared not go below 250 km/h but I continued the turn, descending to keep the speed up to enable me to stay on his six. I took a quick look behind.The enemy flipped a third time but recovered faster than earlier, but by now I had gained good speed and saw I the possibility to draw plenty of deflection, that was it,( hit) he was breaking apart.
I made the usual turn in the opposit direction and looked behind, then I called my wingman and started to search for him.

------------------------------------------------

Comments: Flying the bf109 and p39.

When I spotted the enemy on my tail I decided to turn against him. To be able to turn hard I decended a little to keep the speed up, prolonging my turningtime a little. This also makes deflectionshooting at me a bit more
difficult since the enemy also must calculate the vertical movement aswell.
At one point when the p39 passes me I alter my direction, going up in a high yoyo to cut the turningcircle a bit. This enabled me to hang on his rearquarter. The p39 turns slightly better than the 109 and if I had tried
a standard horisontal turn he would have ended up on my six and I would have been low on speed (=bad).
The p39 flipped a few times. This is one of the few drawbacks with the p39.
It turns best if going in one direction only. It is very difficult to alter directions quickly at low speeds. This particular p39 driver was experienced wich is proved by his way of recovering from the flips. He pointed the nose down as fast as possible, rolling on his way down, twice, making himself a harder target.

A 109 vs a p39 battle can go either way since they are very equal. A p39 cant run away from a 109 so turning is the best option. A 109 with a p39 on his tail is also very unfavorable since the p39 can spray with his mg's at great distances and criple or kill his target ( U cant outfly bullets).

cheers

F19_Ob
04-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Hi again folks! Ive been away for awhile.

Im still in the mood for contemplating on tactics...so I found another track for U with explanining text .

I mostly fly on GreaterGreen bcause of the fine acematerial on that server.

As with all of my tracks I suggest that U first watch them with "my" headmovements enabled so U see what I saw. Then watch from outside to get the big picture and other perspectives.
U can learn alot about tactics and gunnery from this alone but I usually add some written explanation about the sortie.
PLZ see all advice as suggestions, bcause there are sometimes multiple solutions to tactical problems.

---------------------------------------------------
I have always liked battles between the bf109 and p39 since they are so equal, both with their own difficulties. I happily fly both and I thought I'll present a few tracks featuring these planes. Successes and failiures.This is the first track.

Plz feel free to comment or add .

------------------------------------------------------

The track is about 1mb and u find it here:
http://medlem.spray.se/obthenoob/bf109%20vs%20p39%20summer.ntrk

Bf109 vs p39 summer: Explanation of the track.

The track begins with me diving down to assist my wingman who just spotted and fired at a p47.
I see two ac below and guess that one of them is an Il-2 ,so I go after the fighter.I saw my wingman shoot at it and I fired a burst also when i passed him and then climbed up and informed that i would stay as topcover.
While climbing and searching my rear quarter I suddenly spotted an ac on my tail, still at some distance but most probably an enemy (yep, enemy).
For a second I thought of escaping in a dive but decided to turn in the direction of my wingmate. I checked my speed and made a hard descending turn against him and watched him go by. He was lagging behind, so I turned back and now I was sure, a p39. I fired at him in the first pass seemingly missing, and saw him continue his turn. I quickly altered my direction a bit and went up in a high yoyo, constantly watching the enemy. I turned inside him and and fired as he went by ( miss ). I saw him change direction and tried to turn "early" to cut his turn a little.Suddenly the p39 flipped and made a few spiraling motions, I fired ( hit) but the enemy recovered in a dive, rolling on his way down, I rolled after, and then he pulled up hard in a vertical climb and again flipped on the top, I fired ( hit) , he recovered in the same manner, diving and rolling but this time I fired after him in the dive . He countered with a hard climbing turn and my aircraft shuddering in protest, varning me for the coming stall. I eased up on the stick. I dared not go below 250 km/h but I continued the turn, descending to keep the speed up to enable me to stay on his six. I took a quick look behind.The enemy flipped a third time but recovered faster than earlier, but by now I had gained good speed and saw I the possibility to draw plenty of deflection, that was it,( hit) he was breaking apart.
I made the usual turn in the opposit direction and looked behind, then I called my wingman and started to search for him.

------------------------------------------------

Comments: Flying the bf109 and p39.

When I spotted the enemy on my tail I decided to turn against him. To be able to turn hard I decended a little to keep the speed up, prolonging my turningtime a little. This also makes deflectionshooting at me a bit more
difficult since the enemy also must calculate the vertical movement aswell.
At one point when the p39 passes me I alter my direction, going up in a high yoyo to cut the turningcircle a bit. This enabled me to hang on his rearquarter. The p39 turns slightly better than the 109 and if I had tried
a standard horisontal turn he would have ended up on my six and I would have been low on speed (=bad).
The p39 flipped a few times. This is one of the few drawbacks with the p39.
It turns best if going in one direction only. It is very difficult to alter directions quickly at low speeds. This particular p39 driver was experienced wich is proved by his way of recovering from the flips. He pointed the nose down as fast as possible, rolling on his way down, twice, making himself a harder target.

A 109 vs a p39 battle can go either way since they are very equal. A p39 cant run away from a 109 so turning is the best option. A 109 with a p39 on his tail is also very unfavorable since the p39 can spray with his mg's at great distances and criple or kill his target ( U cant outfly bullets).

cheers

geetarman
04-12-2004, 01:10 PM
very nice post. thanks! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

F19_Ob
04-13-2004, 02:01 AM
ohh