PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity to feature 4 player co-op?

Ayush_S92
04-21-2014, 02:30 PM
The Escapist is reporting that AC Unity will feature 2 modes, normal singleplayer and 4 player co-op mode. And both of them are to be demoed at E3.

What do you guys think? Is this legit?

Source: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133872-Report-Assassins-Creed-Unity-to-Feature-Four-Player-Narrative-Co-Op

woodbok
04-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Yes it's legit, and I can't believe they would throw away the multiplayer that they already have. I highly doubt this co-op will stick and will become very boring very quickly.

frodrigues55
04-21-2014, 03:46 PM
I'm not very fond of multiplayer, so can anyone explain to me what does "narrative coop" means? It means the multiplayer mode will also tell a history? Or not necessary?

I hope the coop mode is similar to Splinter Cell Blacklist's. The coop mode could be played solo if you wanted (apart from some of them, which were mandatory to be coop). They worked great both ways and wouldn't mess with the single player campaign.

oliacr
04-21-2014, 04:04 PM
It means the multiplayer mode will also tell a history?
I hope not and I think not.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This basically means
We are scrapping all MP modes and keeping Wolfpack because our stats show that this is all people play anymore...
Not realizing that people only play wolfpack bc it gives most xp for the redic level trophies
We had a 'narrative ' driven wolf pack mode in black flag....im guessing that is what we will get...
This sucks.. I loved MP :(

Kirokill
04-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Isn't this section wrong for this? But anyway to any who thinks how bad it will be.
The current MP uses only this weak ACB/ACR coding and mechanics despite how outdated it is. And the new coop should use a different parkour and kill mechanic, which in my mind it is like AC4, two people raiding a place. You get spotted by a sniper... Gets assassinated by your teammate. It should be freeroam coop kind of thing. Hope it works, since they tried to do it in AC4 as naval but canceled because time is limited.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Isn't this section wrong for this? But anyway to any who thinks how bad it will be.
The current MP uses only this weak ACB/ACR coding and mechanics despite how outdated it is. And the new coop should use a different parkour and kill mechanic, which in my mind it is like AC4, two people raiding a place. You get spotted by a sniper... Gets assassinated by your teammate. It should be freeroam coop kind of thing. Hope it works, since they tried to do it in AC4 as naval but canceled because time is limited.

it wont be free roam...
When i think co op i think survival modes and beat the clock..
If they are focused on this 4 player co op then I believe it will be more like Lost Planet 2 or Fuze rather than a borderlands or wolfpack mode where its optional...
I think 4 player will be forced if its human or AI partners

AherasSTRG
04-21-2014, 06:08 PM
I 'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXjQBSEWLt8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jONJU9BuGTw

AlexEzio89
04-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Ubisoft if i dont have mp in ac unity is my first ac i dont buy it...i love the mp and if i dont have it is simple i dont buy ac unity....i hope this is a fake news ..i love sp but also i love mp 50% i buy ac for mp

lothario-da-be
04-21-2014, 06:24 PM
I hope the coop has a story but not related to the single player.

chris.hayes151
04-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Hoping it'll be a completley seperate campagin/mode to single player.
If they scrap multiplayer they need to make sure its addictive enough.

But Ubisoft already know that dont they

DavisP92
04-21-2014, 07:48 PM
The first thing the co-op would need is, and i know a lot of you aren't going to agree, is create your own assassins. If the co-op is 4 players like the rumors say, then of course it would better for the 4 players to have their own assassins. That means choose their race, gender, outfits (from a selection of lets say 10), etc.

The next step to making a truly crazy co-op experience would be to make the assassins class based. If it's four players then the four classes could be archer, bomb, poison, and let's just say guns (can't think of any other). What makes this special is that it would provide a different experience for each player. What makes it even more enjoyable is that because it's a co-op game we should be able to mix these skills together. So for an example, the archer can attach poison to his arrow head, or a smoke bomb arrow, or explosive arrow, etc. poison with bomb would make smoke bomb, you get the idea.

Going along with the classes, there should be certain enemy types that can easily kill your assassin if you don't take work together. It would be nice for even some co-op moves like help your teammate reach an area he or she couldn't have done by themselves.

The next feature I would like to see is one that limits the player while providing different experiences. When customizing your assassin, I want to not just see oh i want to buy this weapon because it says it's better or looks cooler. But there should be aweight system in place, where the more weapons and armor you have, the slower you are. You may not run as fast, or climb as fast, but there will be an added benefit for having all of that weight. You take less damage, and have completely different animations than if you only had one weapon. If you have arm guards, then instead of dodging you can just block with your arm (animation that's different). If you don't have any armor, i'd like to see animations that are more elegant. Dodging the enemy with small movements and such.

Also if you carry more weapons, enemies should notice you more often. Which kinda goes with my next idea. Weapon placement, allow the player to say where the weapon is carried on the assassin. I think it's dumb that our trained assassin, one that's suppose to blend in with the crowd has sword that isn't even in a sheathe on his side. Instead what about daggers hidden in his clothes. Or a bendable sword wrapped around his waist? You get the idea. Personally, I'd play the game with only the hidden blade and a dagger on my back like altair. Unless I can have a bow too, then I'd have all three and put the dagger on my lower back.

The next feature which would work perfectly with co-op and the french revolution (the guillotines specifically). So imagine playing the game with your 3 friends, you're in the middle of a mission where all three of you are in different locations. One player is ambushed (can be scripted or not, if not then you better have the AI enemies that are meant to defeat the archer/bomb/poison assassin there so they either are forced to lose or try to run). The other 3 players have to make it to their friend in time before he's captured. If they don't then he's hauled to jail, which then would provide an opportunity for the players to find their friend and brake him/her out of prison. The captured player and try to inform the players about where he is by leaving clues while being dragged away. If they don't get there in time (5 minutes or so) then he or she is taken to the guillotine. Where the other players have to make it in time before their friend loses his/her head. That would be pretty crazy to experience.

And lastly my final idea would be one that worked for dlcs, we all love playing AC. And would love to play with our friends of course (not the MP that you have but full co-op assassins missions) keeping everything i said above. if the co-op story (that is if you do it) is in France too, then maybe have dlc missions where you go to other countries. Remember the missions we sent our recruits on in Brotherhood? Imagine going on those missions, you can always release dlcs for the game with new cities, new missions, and new challenges that would bring players back. And not only will it help entertain players, but if you go to Egypt in one dlc you could also be teasing the next game and already have some systems that work for the next game because you got to practice with it in the dlc for unity.

Just a few of my ideas

phoenix-force411
04-21-2014, 10:28 PM
*Sigh* Co-Op? I don't know what to feel. I hate the MP enough already as that has gotten to the point of rehashed and re-aired, no flavor at all. But Co-Op? Assassin's Creed has always been a Single Player game, not a co-op. I know that Online gaming is very popular, but that means they utilize the Animus if they're gonna do Co-op.

DavisP92
04-22-2014, 03:47 PM
*Sigh* Co-Op? I don't know what to feel. I hate the MP enough already as that has gotten to the point of rehashed and re-aired, no flavor at all. But Co-Op? Assassin's Creed has always been a Single Player game, not a co-op. I know that Online gaming is very popular, but that means they utilize the Animus if they're gonna do Co-op.

Actually, AC was originally designed with co-op in mind. They just couldn't do it because "they system couldn't handle it" and those working on it didn't know about the animus at the time.

Megas_Doux
04-22-2014, 05:03 PM
Actually, AC was originally designed with co-op in mind. They just couldn't do it because "they system couldn't handle it" and those working on it didn't know about the animus at the time.

Exactly!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=renzkLMOwok

AherasSTRG
04-22-2014, 05:39 PM
create your own assassins
Do I really need to comment on that? Personal creation of assassins is a total *****slap in the Assassin's Creed mythos.

phoenix-force411
04-22-2014, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I know that fact. But still, throwing co-op in now is a bit....late? I don't see how another person can intrude into another's memories.

DavisP92
04-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Do I really need to comment on that? Personal creation of assassins is a total *****slap in the Assassin's Creed mythos.

not really, seeing how they already questioned doing it before. And as well as they mentioned way back that they could at one point not use the animus (present day) so why not? It would allow more customization and that's something almost everyone can get behind. But of course only for the co-op, the SP shouldn't have that. All ubisoft has to do is say "create your ancestor" right when you click co-op in the menu. Have you create the assassin before anything else and then start the game like you didn't create them and that was just your ancestor from the beginning.

Yeah, I know that fact. But still, throwing co-op in now is a bit....late? I don't see how another person can intrude into another's memories.

There's a really simple answer to this. If 4 people are playing then (4 guys/girls in the animus) then all it could just mean that there was a team of assassins in the era you are playing in. Which was already stated in Project Legacy (3 man team [archer, poison girl, and leader] trained by Ezio)

Exactly!!!!!
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/gallery/s42111/Assassin_s_Creed_13360599413770.jpg

Yea hopefully they'll do it right so I can buy the game

Aphex_Tim
04-22-2014, 09:53 PM
We had a 'narrative ' driven wolf pack mode in black flag....im guessing that is what we will get...

It was hardly narrative though. It was pretty much just "There's this evil guy walking around here and he's your target so you have to kill a ton of random dudes first for whatever reason."
4-player co-op sounds like a really cool idea but the narrative will have to be a lot better than that!

NAVID4ASSASSIN
04-22-2014, 10:10 PM
i dont know what will it be exactly but i have faith in UBI, if they are getting rid of the mp ( i hope so even though i love the mp and i play it so much) then they will surely add something better and more addictive than the mp so the singleplayer lovers can have fun playing it too.

LoyalACFan
04-22-2014, 10:25 PM
If this is true, I want the gameplay to be IDENTICAL to the SP, just with three more Assassins on screen.

Since the MP no longer has to make any canonical sense since Abstergo has cocked up the genetic memories to suit their own purposes, I'd like it if the co-op featured Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Edward fighting alongside one another. It would be total bunk, but so was King Washington, and having all of the Assassins united is something I've always wanted to see outside of fan art.

cawatrooper9
04-23-2014, 12:24 AM
I feel pretty optimistic about this, actually. Considering the setting, co-op (hopefully with the free roam!) seems to be the way to go.
Think about it, there's so much to draw on for co-op. If the rumors are true, there will be a new Parisian assassin by the name of Arnaud. He can serve as an anchor to the story and the setting. Then, it's very possible that Aveline will want to become involved somehow in the revolution, given her connections to French culture. Of course, she's bound to bring Connor along. Then there's Adewale's son, Eseosa. I don't know a lot about him, but I imagine he could be the 4th.

This would be a great conclusion to the stories of the Assassins of the 18th century. If the rumors are true, it looks like we'll be seeing a similar conclusion with the Templars and pirates in "Comet", albeit not with multiplayer.

As far as the mechanics go, I'd love it if the co-op was just part of the single player experience, sort of like how it was done in Borderlands. The game should be beatable with only one player, but perhaps some objectives for full synchronization might be far more possible with a larger group of Assassins.

HiddenKiller612
04-23-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm ultra meh about this, I never cared for the mp side of the game...

DavisP92
04-24-2014, 12:28 AM
I'm ultra meh about this, I never cared for the mp side of the game...

Ha you're meh about co-op, while co-op (if done right) is what'll make me buy the game. I'm tired of buying a game that comes out every year and is constantly losing what made it so great for me. I want to play as an assassin. the whole find, assassinate, and escape concept is what i miss. They have the find, assassinate but never once did the escape right. AC1 was the closest, but they still messed up there.

I just hope it's not co-op like wolf pack, that was stupid. And if it's co-op (SP inspired) I don't want 4 Edwards running around. playing as a God is bad enough, 4 Gods running around would be horrible