PDA

View Full Version : In Unity, the villains are the Assassins themselves here are some points

KingJosephXIV
04-20-2014, 12:14 PM
This is based on very good evidence and observation of history and the new characters possible motives. Now remember guys this is speculation but it is based on good evidence and good observation from viewing the trailer.

1. Templar Order had its dark era

If you guys didn't know the Templar order had its Dark era and that was during the Renaissance during the Borgia Papacy and hear has we can see it was not a great era because Rodrigo Boriga went against everything the Order was about. Which leads me to my point of Assassins Creed Unity.

2. Assassins Order Dark Era " Something so Noble turned Tyrannical"

Now it is likely that the Templar order was in control of France through the House of Bourbon family of the Ancien Regime in France at the time. So King Louis XVI was likely a Templar supporter and supported the old regime of French Society. So it is likely that the Jacobin group was formed by the Assassin Order and the Assassin Order fully supported the French Revolution. Maximilien Robespierre was a member of the Assassin order likely has well has the others in the Jacobin party. Things went downhill for the Assassin Order after they deposed Louis XVI and had him executed and abolished the Monarchy which lead to the beginning of the Reign of Terror from 1793 to July of 1794. Has in the Reign of Terror a dictatorship was established under Robespierre and Andre Antoine member's of the Assassin Order. This lead to infighting and soon they betrayed their ideals of the Enlightenment and the Assassin Order and became what they fought against.

3.Main Character

One evidence of the Assassin Order dark era was the French Revolution is the main character himself and his attire. He is not wearing white at all but instead wearing the French Flags colors on him. He has a expression of " what have we done" in terms of his body language and how he looks at the pocket watch and puts it away. The attire says something this means he is fighting for the French people not for the Assassins Order meaning they have in this era betrayed their principles just has the Templar's did in Renaissance Italy.

4.Napoleon Bonaparte another Assassin Disillusioned and betraying his own principles

The main was likely friends with Napoleon Bonaparte, and yes he is a Assassin because napoleon supported the French Revolution and its ideals, but became disillusioned because of the Reign of Terror. He became the enemy ( Templar's) he fought against and used to apple to further his conquest in the Napoleonic Wars crowning himself the Emperor of the French . This goes to show you that the Assassin Order were not saints either has they supported the french revolution but where soon corrupted by power, its member's. Your main character is in the middle of this.

ze_topazio
04-20-2014, 12:47 PM
That could be interesting, the Assassin brotherhood went crazy, the main character rebels against this, makes a temporary alliance with the Templars and most of the targets in the game are actually Assassins this time around.

Once again would be a good excuse for the lack of other Assassins doing their jobs and helping us and why the main character is always the only competent Assassin around.

rob.davies2014
04-20-2014, 01:51 PM
I think you're projecting your own expectations into his body language. I don't see how you infer "what have we done" from the way he holds himself. His body language seems quite relaxed and casual to me.

Regarding your other points, I think it's very possible we'll see a lot of conflict within the Assassin Order and I hope we do. It will make for more moral greyness.

Mae5tro975
04-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Well, a trend has been that, as we get closer to the modern era, the Assassins become more concerned with fighting a war of attrition against the Templars, rather than their stated goals of targeting corrupt individuals who threatened peace and liberty. Haytham and Lucy rightfully called them out on this. Connor, and to a lesser degree, Ezio, were able to see both sides of the picture. But the "he is the enemy, and you must do your duty and kill him" mentality espoused by Machiavelli painted the Brotherhood's actions during the Russian Revolution, and I think this happened to them during the 1750s as well, with Achilles too despondent over losing his wife and son to keep the militant elements in check, and Agate becoming just plain nuts. We're probably likely to see at least one Assassin devolve into bomb throwing anarchist mode in Comet, making for a more appealing target for the Templar lead.

But this would actually be a SECOND dark era, the first would have been when Abbas took over the Brotherhood and turned them into ax-crazy extremists (who ironically, did nothing to even slow the Templars down).

It's highly unlikely that Robespierre and Napoleon were Assassins though. Napoleon was almost certainly a Templar. Robespierre probably just goes nuts from Piece of Eden (something that Warehouse 13 alludes to with their own artifacts).

Jexx21
04-20-2014, 03:09 PM
I didn't like the new episode of Warehouse 13 all that much..

I feel like they're embracing crazy humor more than ever and it bugs me. However, CROWLEY IS BACK!

KingJosephXIV
04-21-2014, 12:35 AM
It is likely they are Templar's which is sad because so much story potential there to show that they aren't saints themselves and Robespierre going nuts with the Piece of Eden is a huge cop out in my opinion. Here is a guy who believed in freedom and deemed a radical because he wanted to create a Republic not a Monarchy. Fighting for freedom so to speak but went just too extreme with his ideals cause violent revolution always leads to tyranny, the Assassins thinking killing one man would solve everything backfired in there own faces.

Ubisoft wont do this unfortunately and its sad cause history isn't all black and white, I mean why pull a Savonarola that is way too much of a cop out, this is where you cannot do French Revolution without making the Assassins the enemies because that revolution was so much about freedom and liberty to which even napoleon supported but due to how chaotic it was , I am sorry it just seems very impossible to make it a generic Templar's bad assassins good type of story you just can't.

subject90
04-22-2014, 01:44 PM
i like your thoughts, i posted on this a while back on a separate thread

upon reading about Robespierre and what went on in those days, my interpretation was slightly different to yours.

My Theory in brief

> Robespierre = Templar
> Antagonist = Assassin
> Monarchy = Common enemy

unity = Jacobin club comprised of a unity between Assassins and Templars to bring down the monarchy and France will belong to the people

1st part of the game = forging the unity
2nd part = Killing Royalists and the monarchy

3rd part
> After the Victory and Abolition of the Monarchy, Hope for Harmony between Assassins and Templars (PARTAY)
> Robespierre (and some Templars) start the "Cult of the Supreme being" (NWO much?) and Robespierre declares himself Dictator and acts all holy and shi
> Confused / Angry Assassins mad at Templars
> end of happy families
> Robespierre shot in the face by our guy
> War ensues
> Kill all Templars
> Napoleon sent in as Templar Grand master of France .... Eventually becomes Emperor

This i think will be the reason for the Unity title, and fits in well with the downfall of Robespierre and his pals.

however i agree your Theory of Robespierre being an assassin turned Templar (or perhaps a double agent?) is a good one, but there are a couple of problems

> if Robespierre is the Assassins Mentor at this time and he does go all King Washington , haven't we all ready seen this with Al in AC1? assuming the monarchy are in the possession of a POE and
it is retrieved by the assassins and warps Robespierre's fragile little mind, i think this would be history repeating its self a tad overkill

> where is the Unity?

also problems with my Theory

> if Napoleon is a Templar, Does that mean England's war with him was influenced by Assassins ? or are England just England?

also i would like to add, i believe Napoleon Bonaparte will be the return of Templars to France (were gona kill most of them when they aren't expecting it) and he will succeed in defeating the assassins.
but he will be more Noble and less Tyrannical

cawatrooper9
04-23-2014, 03:51 AM
It might be worth noting that in the 14th century the Assassins worked with Phillep IV and almost completely wiped out the Templar Order in France. Perhaps the Templars might be intereseted in a revolution as a way of getting back at the monarchy.

Gin0r
04-24-2014, 10:08 AM
It might be worth noting that in the 14th century the Assassins worked with Phillep IV and almost completely wiped out the Templar Order in France. Perhaps the Templars might be intereseted in a revolution as a way of getting back at the monarchy.

Like this?

A frequent recurring legend relates how when Louis XVI was guillotined, an anonymous French Freemason rushed from the crowd, dipped his hand in the king's blood (or grabbed the head and held it) and yelled, "Jacques de Molay, thou art avenged!" This story first appeared in The Illuminatus! Trilogy, a work of science fiction, in 1975.[15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar_legends#.22Jacques_de_Molay.2C_tho u_art_avenged.21.22)

Would be a nice touch if we could witness that scene in the game.

cawatrooper9
04-24-2014, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=Gin0r;9934401
Would be a nice touch if we could witness that scene in the game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly like that! This could be a good call back to the original AC games, since this was the specific order that Altair fought in the Crusades. Also, it's a great way to ground the AC Templar mythology in some more real-life historical events.

Hans684
04-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Like this? Would be a nice touch if we could witness that scene in the game.

The Freemasons is not Templars in the AC Universe, they are two different orders.

Gin0r
04-25-2014, 07:40 AM
The Freemasons is not Templars in the AC Universe, they are two different orders.

So? The whole thing is a legend based in hearsay at best but more probably made up if it first appeared in print in the 1970s.
The writers just have to make this guy a templar instead.

Fatal-Feit
04-25-2014, 11:23 AM
If this is true, the narrative had better be long and comprehensible. AC:3 and AC:IV had brilliant concepts but faltered from their restrictions.

Locopells
04-25-2014, 11:30 AM

Doesn't mean one can't infiltrate the other...

cawatrooper9
04-25-2014, 02:26 PM

That would actually be pretty excellent. Maybe then we could see how Washington and the founding fathers fit into the order as well- not necessarily saying they'd be villains, but there already is some unrest between Connor and the first president that could be expanded on.

pineal_gland
04-25-2014, 02:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F_7AUpgUxc

pineal_gland
04-25-2014, 02:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxpZEnlXEhg

Hans684
04-25-2014, 04:54 PM

Where did i say that?

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/134w2f/iama_developer_on_assassins_creed_iii_ask_me/

[–]Krainz 80 points 1 year ago
"In the history of the Assassin's Creed series, what the masons are? Assassins, templars?"

[–]AlexHutchinsonCreative Director 260 points 1 year ago
"Just boring guys who have meetings unfortunately. History!"

So? The whole thing is a legend based in hearsay at best but more probably made up if it first appeared in print in the 1970s.
The writers just have to make this guy a templar instead.

That could work.

Mae5tro975
05-02-2014, 02:15 AM
For all the people who say that Robespierre and Savanorola going nuts is a copout, you're forgetting that they really were well-intentioned extremists who eventually succumbed to some degree of motive decay. History is full of revolutionaries who gradually mutated into what they fought against in their youth. The Apple doesn't irrevocably alter personalities, it just highlights what's already there, such as Abbas' resentment of Altair and Rashid, and Savanarola's frustration with the state of Florence (church/political corruption, ENDLESS war with neighboring states, among hundreds of other issues). Washington heard that voice tempting him to forcibly assume control of his surroundings, and he was able to reject it, but not everyone is that strong.

FlyingScotsman18
10-25-2014, 11:42 AM
I agree with the theory that Napoleon will most likely start off as an Assassin and then turn Templar. No true assassin would declare himself Emperor of France and bring the rest of Europe close to submitting to French rule.

RinoTheBouncer
10-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Itís an interesting theory to see that at some point, Arno and the Assassins disagree and perhaps Elise disagrees with the Templars too. So thereís the Unity. Forgetting the negative in each sides and staying true to the ideology to fight a common enemy. It would be very interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Hans684
10-25-2014, 02:11 PM
It’s an interesting theory to see that at some point, Arno and the Assassins disagree and perhaps Elise disagrees with the Templars too. So there’s the Unity. Forgetting the negative in each sides and staying true to the ideology to fight a common enemy. It would be very interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

True, Arno questions the Assassins and Elise is fighting against her order that got corrupted after her father was killed.

avk111
10-25-2014, 03:53 PM
3.Main Character

One evidence of the Assassin Order dark era was the French Revolution is the main character himself and his attire. He is not wearing white at all but instead wearing the French Flags colors on him. He has a expression of " what have we done" in terms of his body language and how he looks at the pocket watch and puts it away. The attire says something this means he is fighting for the French people not for the Assassins Order meaning they have in this era betrayed their principles just has the Templar's did in Renaissance Italy.

Dont forget in the story trailer , Arno is speaking to someone with a wig and he told him "you used me" and he replies " we both used each other" if you can figure who that person is then your theory might be correct,another scene when he is speaking to his mentor and saying about "saving the brotherhood" oh and guess who comes to backup Arno when his own order failed i.e. Lafayette , cavalry from the west , hint hint Connor :)

Reptilis91
10-25-2014, 04:15 PM
Dont forget in the story trailer , Arno is speaking to someone with a wig and he told him "you used me" and he replies " we both used each other" if you can figure who that person is then your theory might be correct,another scene when he is speaking to his mentor and saying about "saving the brotherhood" oh and guess who comes to backup Arno when his own order failed i.e. Lafayette , cavalry from the west , hint hint Connor :)

The guy is the Marquis de Sade. He isn't an Assassin.

And Lafayette won't help Arno, in 1792 Robespierre called him a traitor so he left France.

Radman500
10-25-2014, 05:15 PM
I think "Unity" is referring to the assassins and templars uniting to defeat Juno

its not a coincidence that the brahman comic ends with that and then bam "AC Unity"