PDA

View Full Version : The Assassin's Creed Cities Elimination Game, Round III [ACB/ ACR]

frodrigues55
04-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Hello again, guys :o

Ezio Trilogy comes to an end as we put Brotherhood's maps against Revelation's on Round III. I don't think this will be an easy one, but first, let's check the results for Round II:

Venice - 19 votes
Florence - 17 votes
Monteriggioni - 5 votes
San Gimignano - 1 vote
Forli - 1 vote
Apennine Mountains - No vote

Round 2 was really tough. Even though Venice was 1 or 2 votes ahead of Florence most of the time, Florence did get the lead a few moments. Both cities got even results a few times and it was a joy reading everyone's comments on the cities (and heads up for the lovin' Apennine Mountains got from some, although no votes were cast!).

Will this next round be as hard? Let's begin - we are closing on Tuesday! The choices are:

Rome
http://i62.tinypic.com/2cny1lj.jpg

Brotherhood's Minor Locations (DaVinci Machines, DaVince DLC)
http://i62.tinypic.com/qmx4w5.jpg

Constantinople
http://i59.tinypic.com/2581lvo.jpg

Cappadocia
http://i59.tinypic.com/6glo2c.jpg

Revelations' Masyaf (Both Ezio and Altair Memories)
http://i58.tinypic.com/10mlvo8.jpg

frodrigues55
04-19-2014, 02:11 PM
I seriously do not have a choice right now :eek:, will let you guys begin

yankeegamergirl
04-19-2014, 02:14 PM
For me this is slightly easier than the last. I did love Lucrezia's palace, (nice pic btw) but I went for Constantinople.

lothario-da-be
04-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Its siple for me, Constantinople! Every time I play acr again I am astonsihed by how beautiful the city is. I am one of the few ones who realy liked Rome too, but putting it against Constantinople makes it almost not a contest anymore.

oliacr
04-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Constantinople, Kostantiniyye, Istanbul, New Rome. This is not even a question best and most beautiful city so far. It beats every location that has been used before or will be used.

Wolfmeister1010
04-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Hated rome. Architecture two small and wide and far apart. Not even accurate of the time period. At that time architecture was more like florence. What a waste.

Love Istanbul, although it had a really really annoying yellowish haze mist filter that bugged the hell out of me. Anyone else know what I am talking about?

Cappadocia got my vote. It is the most unique city I have ever been in in AC. Multiple levels, natural rock mixed with man made structure, the ambiance, the echo, ezio's CAPE..the citizens, the music..everything was just wonderful.

Megas_Doux
04-19-2014, 03:42 PM
ACB' Rome is my least favorite main location, Constantinople is my most beloved one, so.......

Rugterwyper32
04-19-2014, 04:14 PM
Constantinople, no doubt. Probably my favorite city in the series. It's just such a wonderful city.
Brotherhood's minor locations come second, though. Some of them are absolutely wonderful, specially Verona (the flying machine mission)

ze_topazio
04-19-2014, 05:05 PM
You forgot that small village Ezio visits in the beginning of Revelations.

I-Like-Pie45
04-19-2014, 05:17 PM
You forgot that small village Ezio visits in the beginning of Revelations.

thats masyaf you Portuguese egg custard

ze_topazio
04-19-2014, 05:29 PM
thats masyaf you Portuguese egg custard

http://www.viajesok.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Pasteles-de-Belem.jpg

But we need to go through a very long road to get there.

Kaschra
04-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Easy one: Constantinople
Probably my fave city in the AC games

GunnerGalactico
04-19-2014, 08:11 PM
It seems that I'm always torn between two cities. :p

I will also have to go with Constantinople- I love the streets in both the Galata and Imperial districts. I also like the famous landmarks like Hagia Sophia and the Hippodrome.

My second favourite is Cappadocia.

Jexx21
04-19-2014, 09:28 PM
That small village in the beginning of ACR wasn't Masyaf.

Shahkulu101
04-19-2014, 09:30 PM
That small village in the beginning of ACR wasn't Masyaf.

you mean the one where we kill What's-his-ugly mug?

Jexx21
04-19-2014, 09:43 PM
leandros? AKA the lamest assassination mission ever?

oliacr
04-19-2014, 09:51 PM

Nah, why do you say that? I liked that. Though, I liked everything in ACR so its not a question.

Jexx21
04-19-2014, 09:56 PM
It's lamer than even the QTE assassinations because all you do you grab hold of a rope, get to the top of the tower, walk over to Leandros in plain sight, and stab him. No stealth, he doesn't even try to fight back. Lame.

Shahkulu101
04-19-2014, 09:58 PM

Si, Messere. That one.

Not as bad as Haytham's 'assassination'.

ze_topazio
04-19-2014, 10:15 PM
^ Or Benjamin Church AKA the target we kill in a quick time event, or Charles Lee AKA the target killed in a cutscene after the worst chase sequence in history.

Jexx21
04-19-2014, 10:31 PM
QTE assassinations are better because they carry more emotion than the Leandros guy. "He's the one that almost hanged me and he just goes down like a civilian? Laaaaaame."

I-Like-Pie45
04-19-2014, 10:48 PM
no, lamest cutscene assassination after the lamest chase ever belongs to Prince Ahmet

The ship that just happened to be on fire for some reason was stupid, but not as stupid as tied via parachute to a carriage while chasing a guy on another carriage through a crowded marketplace before beating him up in freefall and not even being the one to kill him

ze_topazio
04-19-2014, 10:51 PM
^ That one at least was hilarious.

Locopells
04-19-2014, 11:54 PM
Constantinople for me, though Cappadocia is a very close second.

no, lamest cutscene assassination after the lamest chase ever belongs to Prince Ahmet

The ship that just happened to be on fire for some reason was stupid, but not as stupid as tied via parachute to a carriage while chasing a guy on another carriage through a crowded marketplace before beating him up in freefall and not even being the one to kill him

Wonderfully OTT!

Black_Widow9
04-20-2014, 12:42 AM
I keep picking the same as the popular vote.... This one was difficult but I chose Constantinople with Rome a very close second.

Wolfmeister1010
04-20-2014, 12:51 AM
QTE assassinations are better because they carry more emotion than the Leandros guy. "He's the one that almost hanged me and he just goes down like a civilian? Laaaaaame."

NO. Just..no

Rugterwyper32
04-20-2014, 01:33 AM

I swear, I was absolutely dumbfounded when I got to that. I don't think the series has ever matched how absolutely insane and over the top that was. Sure, I have my issues with AC3 making Connor the true hero of the revolution who didn't show up in history books even though he was left right and center throughout, but this is so ridiculous it deserves a prize for that. I was expecting the entire freefall fight to turn into DBZ at some point, super saiyan Ezio and all

DumbGamerTag94
04-20-2014, 03:40 AM
I choose Rome. Constantinople just doesn't do it for me. It seems for several people Rome is a close second. But with the overwhelming favor tward Constantinople peer pressure can easily sway that swing vote. But I just really liked Rome. Massive size, multitude of famous quickly recognizable landmarks, vast contrasts between the very poor districts of the south west and the immensely wealthy nothern districts and Vatican area. I loved how they tied in ancient Roman history with the Romulus lairs. This city also gave us the most interior exploration of the series. We explored the insides of the Sistine Chapel, St Peters Basilica, The Colloseum(and below), The Parthenon, Nero's Palace, the Castello St Angelo, and the caticombs beneith the city. Not to mention the scenic beauty of the Roman skyline where ancient and Reniassance architecture meet as one. With the Colloseum and Pathenon sharing the skyline with the unfinished dome of St Peters Basilica. It's almost a metaphor for the reniassance itself a rebirth of the Classical wisdoms with the modern roman buildings rising from the ancient ruins like a pheonix.

The entire thing was a work of pure beauty and detail. The only thing I didn't like about it was the large amount of fairly empty countryside like areas at the edge of the city. I found those rather unneccescery but it was alright for me to deal with. Rome is just a bit more than Constantinople for me for a lot of reasons and ranks as probably one of my favorite cities of the series.

I also found it interesting that Ezio's run as an assassin mentor is bookended by beginning in the capital of the western Roman Empire(Rome) and ending in the capital of the eastern Roman Empire(Constantinople). The same order that the empire fell follows Ezio's prime and retirement. Just an interesting parallel I noticed

SixKeys
04-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Rome. Just seeing the top picture makes me want to play the game again. :) While Constantinople is beautiful, it was sometimes a pain in the *** to navigate. Ezio would get stuck under the low roofs or ungracefully bonk his knee every time he tried to climb something. Ziplines seemed to always be facing in the opposite direction from where I wanted to go, so they were pretty much useless. And there were too many super-high minaret viewpoints. Rome was a joy to navigate. It had a surprising amount of variety in the various districts for such a small city. You could easily tell the poor areas from the rich and there were some great landmarks.

roostersrule2
04-20-2014, 10:40 AM
It's lamer than even the QTE assassinations because all you do you grab hold of a rope, get to the top of the tower, walk over to Leandros in plain sight, and stab him. No stealth, he doesn't even try to fight back. Lame.If you wait a bit he fights back, though he's really easy to kill.

Anywho, my favourite is Constantinople, my equal favourite city in the game, great to look at, good architecture and I loved ziplines.

SixKeys
04-20-2014, 11:40 AM
If you wait a bit he fights back, though he's really easy to kill.

Must be a really long time you have to wait until that happens. I tried it once and it just looked ridiculous standing there for a full minute or two without doing anything.

roostersrule2
04-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Must be a really long time you have to wait until that happens. I tried it once and it just looked ridiculous standing there for a full minute or two without doing anything.Was only a couple seconds from memory, he was still ridiculously easy to kill, just took one counter.

frodrigues55
04-20-2014, 12:38 PM
OK, this is so difficult for me once I stop to think about which one to vote. :nonchalance: I keep seeing good things in all of them - those cities from AC are trully a work of art.

Rome has to carry the weight of having the entire game happening on it, and seriously, I think it does a great job. The variety is great and the landmarks are breathetaking, but it does get to a point where it is too big with too much empty space. That makes navigation drag a little. Developers really did an awesome job showing Rome oppressed and the different people walking around - the poor and the wealthy - worked a lot when trying to convey what was going on.

On the other hand, I am amazed by Constantinople everytime. The colors, the details, the complexity of the streets and architectures, they are simply breathetaking. Everytime I see pictures of the city I remember how amazing it is - which is a shame, considering how little I like to freeroam in Revelations. The one thing that makes navigation difficult, to me, is the river separating the 2 districts. That almost makes me want to quit the game if I have to cross it.

So, I'm torn between the 2. I tend to vote for Rome because Brotherhood is the game I like better, but as I want to vote for the best city regardless of its activities, I have to give it to Constantinople.

Love Istanbul, although it had a really really annoying yellowish haze mist filter that bugged the hell out of me. Anyone else know what I am talking about?

Yeah! But this is actually the first time I don't mind the filter. It didn't suck the colors out of the game, which is my main problem with the other filters. I just find it positive that they didn't repeat Brotherhood's white gradient, which is one of the weirdest design decisions ever.

You two makes me want to play Brotherhood again :o

Assassin_M
04-20-2014, 05:18 PM
So glad that Constantinople is winning..

Halimi89
04-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Constantinople is about as gorgeous a representation of a city as you'll ever see in a game. The ambiance was brilliant and did very well to capture the Ottoman spirit and the social composition of its streets - it was Islamic, Turkish and fresh all at once. There was also something very intangible, perhaps the tone of the graphic that gave it a spiritual richness.

oliacr
04-20-2014, 05:51 PM
So glad that Constantinople is winning..

yess