PDA

View Full Version : Now Is Our Chance To Show Ubi What We Want!!

Wolfmeister1010
04-19-2014, 04:29 AM
We know nothing about Unity other than the setting. "Arno" is just a rumor, as is everything else.

AC3 brought seasons, hunting, animals, naval, and more to the table. AC4's main features were naval freeroam, forts, plantations, harpooning, and diving.

What features do you think will or should be featured in this French Revolution themed AC? Ubi is watching, so make your voice heard. Our photo mode idea was sent to the dev team!! So, lets take this chance to show them what the fans want! I will list a few of my ideas.

1. Crouching. Not having to do with French Rev..but I am freaking putting it out there if suggestions are being taken. Here is my crouch thread I made a while ago that shows that we as a community DO want SOME sort of upgraded crouching system http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/817139-Crouching-In-ACV-Once-And-For-All-Petition This totally is an overkill, but I am willing to seem like a jackwad if it means our suggestions as a community might be considered.

2. Pistol duels. What place/time in history is better to talk about when referring to duels? Pistol (and sword) duels of honor were very very very prevalent in 18th century France. Ever since RDR I have waited for a game to have a better dueling system. We need it. Make it as part of a whole random encounter system. How familiar of a topic.

Please please add your suggestions. Take this chance to show the dev team what we want!

I read over my thread and damn to I sound like a overoptomistic fool, but I dont care. i want to show Ubi, and Alex amancio and Jade, and anyone who will listen, that the community has spoken.

deskp
04-19-2014, 04:44 AM
well, you'd be better off looking beyond Unity. Unity is too far into development for big additions.

I do not want duels.

roostersrule2
04-19-2014, 05:47 AM
It's too late for Unity, unless there's a delay, little things could be added but no major mechanics.

Random events are a must, all open world games must have these to compete IMO.

More customization.

An overhaul of core mechanics.

More stealth, less tailing.

Jesper Kyd/Lorne Balfe Composing or the great Hans Zimmer.

A great story, one of those feels stories with twists and turns and conspiracies.

3rd person Modern Day.

Obviously it doesn't snow in the Caribbean so the season feature was put on hold, but I'm pretty sure it snows in Paris so I'd love for it to be back.

Zrvan
04-19-2014, 05:50 AM
I read over my thread and damn to I sound like a overoptomistic fool, but I dont care.

No, you sound like someone who doesn't know how video game production works.

The basic design of this game is months behind us now. The forthcoming fall games are being fine-tuned and polished at this point. Adding new mechanics would render the games bug-riddled messes, because they're won't be enough time to properly test new mechanics and make sure they interact with the rest of the game well.

There's also what I'd say is a 50% chance that the game's producers don't check these forums for their market research. We know that they use online surveys to determine what people like/want, since one gets posted every few months.

I'm not a moderator, so I can't tell you what to do, but I would recommend against making posts like this. You will get a very frosty reception if you continue.

Shahkulu101
04-19-2014, 06:23 AM

The basic design of this game is months behind us now. The forthcoming fall games are being fine-tuned and polished at this point. Adding new mechanics would render the games bug-riddled messes, because they're won't be enough time to properly test new mechanics and make sure they interact with the rest of the game well.

There's also what I'd say is a 50% chance that the game's producers don't check these forums for their market research. We know that they use online surveys to determine what people like/want, since one gets posted every few months.

I'm not a moderator, so I can't tell you what to do, but I would recommend against making posts like this. You will get a very frosty reception if you continue.

The producers probably do not check these forums frequently, but feedback is most definitely sent to the team by forum managers. So, feedback on here definitely has an influence. And, feedback threads are 'stickied' to the top of the page, so ubi employees can easily find them. But yes, requesting big features in general doesn't really work - and flat out wont work with AC: Unity now that development is in full swing. Although, little features - stuff that could be added in patches for instance - can still be added. Why just very recently someone made a thread requesting photo mode from the game Infamous: Second Son - guess what happened? I tweeted the thread to Jade Raymond, producer at Toronto and she replied that it was a great suggestion AND that she'll talk to the team about it. So requesting little things like that, although not a whole bunch of course , isn't entirely redundant.

Oh and I'm pretty sure she won't get a frosty reception for making threads about what people want in a game, considering there are countless amounts of them already.

DavisP92
04-19-2014, 07:00 AM
The game is called unity, so how about co-op like the rumors say. But instead make the co-op amazing rather than having two Ezio's or Arno's running around.

The first thing the co-op would need is, and i know a lot of you aren't going to agree, is create your own assassins. If the co-op is 4 players like the rumors say, then of course it would better for the 4 players to have their own assassins. That means choose their race, gender, outfits (from a selection of lets say 10), etc.

The next step to making a truly crazy co-op experience would be to make the assassins class based. If it's four players then the four classes could be archer, bomb, poison, and let's just say guns (can't think of any other). What makes this special is that it would provide a different experience for each player. What makes it even more enjoyable is that because it's a co-op game we should be able to mix these skills together. So for an example, the archer can attach poison to his arrow head, or a smoke bomb arrow, or explosive arrow, etc. poison with bomb would make smoke bomb, you get the idea.

Going along with the classes, there should be certain enemy types that can easily kill your assassin if you don't take work together. It would be nice for even some co-op moves like help your teammate reach an area he or she couldn't have done by themselves.

The next feature I would like to see is one that limits the player while providing different experiences. When customizing your assassin, I want to not just see oh i want to buy this weapon because it says it's better or looks cooler. But there should be a weight system in place, where the more weapons and armor you have, the slower you are. You may not run as fast, or climb as fast, but there will be an added benefit for having all of that weight. You take less damage, and have completely different animations than if you only had one weapon. If you have arm guards, then instead of dodging you can just block with your arm (animation that's different). If you don't have any armor, i'd like to see animations that are more elegant. Dodging the enemy with small movements and such.

Also if you carry more weapons, enemies should notice you more often. Which kinda goes with my next idea. Weapon placement, allow the player to say where the weapon is carried on the assassin. I think it's dumb that our trained assassin, one that's suppose to blend in with the crowd has sword that isn't even in a sheathe on his side. Instead what about daggers hidden in his clothes. Or a bendable sword wrapped around his waist? You get the idea. Personally, I'd play the game with only the hidden blade and a dagger on my back like altair. Unless I can have a bow too, then I'd have all three and put the dagger on my lower back.

The next feature which would work perfectly with co-op and the french revolution (the guillotines specifically). So imagine playing the game with your 3 friends, you're in the middle of a mission where all three of you are in different locations. One player is ambushed (can be scripted or not, if not then you better have the AI enemies that are meant to defeat the archer/bomb/poison assassin there so they either are forced to lose or try to run). The other 3 players have to make it to their friend in time before he's captured. If they don't then he's hauled to jail, which then would provide an opportunity for the players to find their friend and brake him/her out of prison. The captured player and try to inform the players about where he is by leaving clues while being dragged away. If they don't get there in time (5 minutes or so) then he or she is taken to the guillotine. Where the other players have to make it in time before their friend loses his/her head. That would be pretty crazy to experience.

And lastly my final idea would be one that worked for dlcs, we all love playing AC. And would love to play with our friends of course (not the MP that you have but full co-op assassins missions) keeping everything i said above. if the co-op story (that is if you do it) is in France too, then maybe have dlc missions where you go to other countries. Remember the missions we sent our recruits on in Brotherhood? Imagine going on those missions, you can always release dlcs for the game with new cities, new missions, and new challenges that would bring players back. And not only will it help entertain players, but if you go to Egypt in one dlc you could also be teasing the next game and already have some systems that work for the next game because you got to practice with it in the dlc for unity.

Just a few of my ideas

oliacr
04-19-2014, 08:40 AM
well, you'd be better off looking beyond Unity. Unity is too far into development for big additions.
I do not want duels.
Yes it is but they could have already made some improvements upgrades maybe they knew what they missed in ac3 or ac4 when they were making it.
I want to see more customization
maybe choosing a color for everything on me would be nice.
crouching
why not? In previous games we could only crouch why we were in stalking zones, bushes.
duels
I don't know that is a gentlemen thing so maybe or not.
stealth
just a bit more.
less tailing or eavesdropping missions or something in it that makes sense
a few tailing is needed but not that much.
coop
a frontier type map
if it is only Paris.

This is everything for now. I hope the most have already been made or used in some way.

phoenix-force411
04-19-2014, 08:42 AM
First, I'd like them to get rid of all of that spam. Hopefully, Ubi makes us register our games later on to be able to post on the forums, this is getting ridiculous!

oliacr
04-19-2014, 08:54 AM
First, I'd like them to get rid of all of that spam. Hopefully, Ubi makes us register our games later on to be able to post on the forums, this is getting ridiculous!

:D :D I'm sure they are working on it.

phoenix-force411
04-19-2014, 09:09 AM
:D :D I'm sure they are working on it.
Lol, my fingers are crossed. xD But totally, I came back the forums only to be astonished by the massive spam spammed on the front page of the forums.

jayjay275
04-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Duels would be nice.

Wolfmeister1010
04-19-2014, 03:23 PM

I think my reputation as an unforgiving ***** is too strong to be replaced but thank you for the advice nonetheless.

TheHumanTowel
04-20-2014, 12:44 AM
Why is now our chance rather than the last month or so? Unity's too far in development for changes like these to be implemented anyway. One of the downsides of simultaneously developing 17 AC games.

Wolfmeister1010
04-20-2014, 12:50 AM
Why is now our chance rather than the last month or so? Unity's too far in development for changes like these to be implemented anyway. One of the downsides of simultaneously developing 17 AC games.

Yes, this was sort of a "in the heat of the moment" thread. Although they did alter the crouching system in AC4 within a month or so of its release.

Although they just scrapped it altogether lol..hm. This thread should be geared more towards the next AC I suppose.

RinoTheBouncer
04-20-2014, 05:59 PM
1. Give the story more importance. Let both the historical and modern day settings be the focus of the game.
2. Make modern day gameplay 3rd person and more interesting.
3. Give us wall running moves.
4. Expand more on the First Civilization and the Pieces of Eden
5. Link the game to past games. Don’t give us any standalone stories. Let it all feel seamlessly connected like ACII, ACB and ACR were.

Mr_Shade
04-20-2014, 06:03 PM

I do not want duels.

indeed.

Just to point out - that every title - has taken suggestions from the community, though they can't include everything everyone demands :)

So, while I do like the fact you guys always post feedback and ideas [constantly] - I wouldn't expect these major suggestions to be in any game under development - unless by some happy accident, they were suggested a year or two ago.. ;)

But carry on - just don't have dramas, should something not be in the final game.. as I always ask ;)

And Wolf.. I suggest you alter your signature..

Wolfmeister1010
04-20-2014, 06:05 PM
indeed.

Just to point out - that every title - has taken suggestions from the community, though they can't include everything everyone demands :)

So, while I do like the fact you guys always post feedback and ideas [constantly] - I wouldn't expect these suggestions to be in any game under development - unless by some happy accident, they were suggested a year or so ago.. ;)

Well I suggested dueling like a year and a half ago..and crouching/random encounters have been suggested since 2007..so

Mr_Shade
04-20-2014, 06:08 PM
so.. I guess it's good you posted those again, so you can clam the thread worked - should any of those things be in the game ;)

I guess you missed the signature part, so will repeat it - please alter your signature ;)

Wolfmeister1010
04-20-2014, 06:11 PM
so.. I guess it's good you posted those again, so you can clam the thread worked - should any of those things be in the game ;)

I guess you missed the signature part, so will repeat it - please alter your signature ;)

okay, alter what exactly, and what exactly is wrong with it?

Also, nice to know that you think that I only make this thread for bragging rights. That's quite frustrating.

Mr_Shade
04-20-2014, 06:15 PM
okay, alter what exactly, and what exactly is wrong with it?
[looks at join date and post count]

Check the rules on signatures..

I suggest you have a proper read of the forum rules - since appears you haven't if you didn't know about the restrictions on signatures, just so you don't fall foul of any of the others.

Wolfmeister1010
04-20-2014, 06:18 PM
[looks at join date and post count]

Check the rules on signatures..

I suggest you have a proper read of the forum rules - since appears you haven't if you didn't know about the restrictions on signatures, just so you don't fall foul of any of the others.

I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked what was wrong with the sig, so was a sarcastic an..nevermind

Mr_Shade
04-20-2014, 06:20 PM
I am not being sarcastic - just shocked you had to question what and why you had to change the signature - that makes me assume that you didn't read the rules, which is odd considering how long you have been a member, so didn't want you falling foul of any of the others :)

It's important people read them - else this happens ;)

Wolfmeister1010
04-20-2014, 06:23 PM
I am not being sarcastic - just shocked you had to question what and why you had to change the signature - that makes me assume that you didn't read the rules, which is odd considering how long you have been a member, so didn't want you falling foul of any of the others :)

It's important people read them - else this happens ;)

Well considering the sigs I have seen elsewhere,..such as naked Edward grinding on a pole..which was used for months and months..I assumed that a picture of cartoon cartman dresses like a girl was fine compared to that.

Wolfmeister1010
04-20-2014, 06:25 PM
You know, Based on your words towards me on this thread/other threads I would PM you to ask why exactly it is that you hate me so much (Or to see if it is just your way of talking to ANYONE and is not personal, because perhaps it is just a cultural difference between Russia and America), but..oh thats right, oh well, you can always message me on twitter! In the mean time, can you close this thread? Because wow wowwy wowza did it do the opposite of what I had hoped.

Wolfmeister1010
04-20-2014, 06:26 PM
You know, Based on your words towards me on this thread/other threads I would PM you to ask why exactly it is that you hate me so much (Or to see if it is just your way of talking to ANYONE and is not personal, because perhaps it is just a cultural difference between Russia and America), but..oh thats right, well, you can always message me on twitter!. in the mean time, can you close this thread, as wow wowy wowza did it do the opposite of what I had hoped.

Locopells
04-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Well considering the sigs I have seen elsewhere,..such as naked Edward grinding on a pole..which was used for months and months..I assumed that a picture of cartoon cartman dresses like a girl was fine compared to that.

Dude, it's the size restrictions that are the problem...

Wolfmeister1010
04-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Dude, it's the size restrictions that are the problem...

Thank you for telling me :)

Mr_Shade
04-20-2014, 06:31 PM

The reason I asked you to remove it - should have been clear after reading them ? - there is an image to help people too - it was due to the SIZE - not content.. the 'poll dancing edward' - was in line with the size requirements - and did not show a 'naked' person..

If your signature did not fit the restriction - the content is not going to be suitable - no matter what.

It's important you are understanding the rules, if not, we have to explain them'

You know, Based on your words towards me on this thread/other threads I would PM you to ask why exactly it is that you hate me so much (Or to see if it is just your way of talking to ANYONE and is not personal, because perhaps it is just a cultural difference between Russia and America), but..oh thats right, oh well, you can always message me on twitter!

I have no personal feelings towards you at all - just pointing out you should know certain things, which appears you didn't - confirmed by your answer - so I was right to point them out - I can see that needed explaining - which I have done again.

I could have given you an infraction and removed it myself - however I ask regulars nicely :) - plus if I was at all being official , I wouldn't use a smiley

And, just so you are aware - my title has UK in it, so that's my location, so have very little interesting in any political / cultural clashes between US and RU :)

If you are struggling with understanding the rules - or anything else posted - feel free to PM a Forum Manager - we do have some native Russian speakers on the Russian AC forum :)

Hopefully this is now clear - and - we can get back to the topic at hand?

Wolfmeister1010
04-20-2014, 06:44 PM
The reason I asked you to remove it - should have been clear after reading them ? - there is an image to help people too - it was due to the SIZE - not content.. the 'poll dancing edward' - was in line with the size requirements - and did not show a 'naked' person..

If your signature did not fit the restriction - the content is not going to be suitable - no matter what.

It's important you are understanding the rules, if not, we have to explain them'

I have no personal feelings towards you at all - just pointing out you should know certain things, which appears you didn't - confirmed by your answer - so I was right to point them out - I can see that needed explaining - which I have done again.

I could have given you an infraction and removed it myself - however I ask regulars nicely :) - plus if I was at all being official , I wouldn't use a smiley

And, just so you are aware - my title has UK in it, so that's my location, so have very little interesting in any political / cultural clashes between US and RU :)

If you are struggling with understanding the rules - or anything else posted - feel free to PM a Forum Manager - we do have some native Russian speakers on the Russian AC forum :)

Hopefully this is now clear - and - we can get back to the topic at hand?

1.You didn't explain anything till now, which I am grateful for.
2. When the official moderator posts, I assume it to be official, but now I have learned that is not the case. Plus you use smileys in basically every single thing you post (including 3 in this one), so it is a bit confusing.
3. You didn't get my joke, I still can't get PMs
4. I admit I feel foolish for not having known it was a size thing, (sure it was very amusing to the 20+ forum users who have been watching this) although you could have told me in two words over 5 posts ago. I almost wish you would have given me an infraction, that would have been much clearer. You still can if you want.
5. Uk and not US? Still doesn't change much. I will do my best to learn more about this culture.
5. I am happy that everything is clear now, but can you please close this thread.

Locopells
04-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Thank you for telling me :)

Welcome.

Mr_Shade
04-20-2014, 06:51 PM
I will close the thread at your request.

Any post from me - should be taken as it is intended in the wording - just so you are aware.

It's VITAL - you understand the rules - fully - that is why I didn't just post 'alter the size' - other wise you would not consider the rest of the restrictions - so we try and make sure people are responsible for thier own actions and posts - and not to babysit too much, otherwise people are not accountable for their actions.

Feel free to open another thread, about suggestions for future titles - and hopefully I won't have to post again.