PDA

View Full Version : Arns character and fight style

chris.hayes151
04-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Been following the forums for a few weeks, but ive not seen either of these points discussed to much great length.

1) Arns character and demeanour

Altair for me was utterly devout to the assassins, never one for unnecessary words, while Ezio for me was more charismatic, bit more flashy, whilst Connor was a bit of a mix, bordering more towards Altair than Ezio.

What type of personality are we expecting in Arn? Devout, determined, driven... or more towards Ezio?

2) Fight Style

Personally, I'm hoping for something that shows a bit of elegance. With what looks like a return to a single sword (thankfully) I want the animations to be strong, but not as brutal as Connors, utilising speed, and showing a bit more 'musketeer' esque fights.

Again, what would others want??

THE_JOKE_KING33
04-17-2014, 05:10 PM
I want Arn to be prone to sociopathic tendencies. The kind of character that, rather than stabbing a person in the throat during white screen, he spits in their face and blows a hole in their chest while mocking them.

As for fighting style I'd be ecstatic if we can choose to dual wield swords again (one of the reasons why Edward is, bar none, my favorite assassin gameplay-wise), but if not, I'd prefer very adept, speedy fencing.

LoyalACFan
04-17-2014, 05:26 PM
very adept, speedy fencing.

This is what I'm hoping for. A more "gentlemanly" sort than previous Assassins, if you will. Honestly, a bit like Haytham.

Assassin_M
04-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Personality: Sassy, reserved and wary.

Fighting style: Fencer

Wolfmeister1010
04-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Mix between Connor and Haytham. Lots of European fencing moves, but also with a tinge of brutality like connor.

roostersrule2
04-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Personality: Roostersrule2

Fighting Style: Roostersrule2

No seriously though, I suspect he'll be quiet, shy kinda guy, that also has a subtle ego that makes him a tad sassy, he'll probably give little to no ****s.

He'll be a classy, stylistic fighter judging by the size of him, not a big guy but can take on the best using pure skill.

Sushiglutton
04-17-2014, 05:57 PM
I hope he will be a schooled fencer. In 1763 the book below was released which became a standard for the next 50 years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_school_of_fencing) (I know nothing about fencing, just googled it :) ):

http://www.antiquaire-escrime.fr/userfiles/image/l-ecole-des-armes-2.jpg

Assassin_M
04-17-2014, 06:14 PM
I hope he will be a schooled fencer. In 1763 the book below was released which became a standard for the next 50 years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_school_of_fencing) (I know nothing about fencing, just googled it :) ):

http://www.antiquaire-escrime.fr/userfiles/image/l-ecole-des-armes-2.jpg
Yeah, France has a huge influence in fencing. Most modern Fencing terminology used is in french..

chris.hayes151
04-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Honestly, a bit like Haytham.

I got the idea after watching a compilation of AC3 counters/finishes.

Haythem doesn't have many bu the few he has are really well done.

LoyalACFan
04-17-2014, 10:08 PM
I got the idea after watching a compilation of AC3 counters/finishes.

Haythem doesn't have many bu the few he has are really well done.

Yeah, Haytham honestly has the best sword animations in the series. Totally badass. The thing I loved about them though is that he made use of his hidden blade too. I always kinda :nonchalance:'d at Ezio's moves when he was using a primarily one-handed sword technique yet apparently forgot he had a nine-inch blade tied on his other hand.

But yes, if Arno channels Haytham in his swordplay (though obviously with way more animations) I'll be a happy camper.

Wolfmeister1010
04-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Yeah, Haytham honestly has the best sword animations in the series. Totally badass. The thing I loved about them though is that he made use of his hidden blade too. I always kinda :nonchalance:'d at Ezio's moves when he was using a primarily one-handed sword technique yet apparently forgot he had a nine-inch blade tied on his other hand.

But yes, if Arno channels Haytham in his swordplay (though obviously with way more animations) I'll be a happy camper.

I love the one where he slices with his sword and spins around twice before stabbing with his hidden blade

adventurewomen
04-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Arno doesn't even have the same build as Connor (Connor is built like a tank, that shows in his strength of brutality) Arno his body appears to be the same as build like Ezio, so I can;t see him being brutal like Connor.

Anro might have a similar fight style of Edward, Haytham and possibility Ezio < the three of them had an elegant way of using their swords stylistically.

Wolfmeister1010
04-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Arno doesn't even have the same build as Connor (Connor is built like a tank, that shows in his strength of brutality) Arno his body appears to be the same as build like Ezio, so I can;t see him being brutal like Connor.

Anro might have a similar fight style of Edward, Haytham and possibility Ezio < the three of them had an elegant way of using their swords stylistically.

Well that doesn't mean he can't be brutal. Ellie, from TLOU, is a petite 14 year old girl and she is one of the most brutal video game characters I have ever seen with a small knife.

Shahkulu101
04-17-2014, 11:05 PM
I would like Arno to be a silent protagonist. I also want no dialogue within the game apart from the yammers feintly excreting from the large swathes of crowds.

Me, my blade, a target, an open area. And my kill. No story, just place us in new situations directly after kills. Give us at least 100 of them.

His combat style should be smart and calculated. Relying on strength and agility to block and evade attacks, and intelligently placed crushing blows. No fancy nancy stuff - like swirling around with the target impaled on your sword like something from a dance routine.

LoyalACFan
04-17-2014, 11:28 PM
Well that doesn't mean he can't be brutal. Ellie, from TLOU, is a petite 14 year old girl and she is one of the most brutal video game characters I have ever seen with a small knife.

I'm actually hoping for NOT brutal... We've gotten enough of that from AC3 and AC4. Connor (while I did love his animations) was the type of dude who'd hack mofos to pieces, and Edward's sword moves were pretty blunt as well, though nowhere near as cool. Arno's a Frenchman and possibly a noble, which means he could have had access to some really killer fencing education. I want him to be elegant, not the usual slice n' dicer we've grown accustomed to.

Wolfmeister1010
04-18-2014, 01:10 AM
I'm actually hoping for NOT brutal... We've gotten enough of that from AC3 and AC4. Connor (while I did love his animations) was the type of dude who'd hack mofos to pieces, and Edward's sword moves were pretty blunt as well, though nowhere near as cool. Arno's a Frenchman and possibly a noble, which means he could have had access to some really killer fencing education. I want him to be elegant, not the usual slice n' dicer we've grown accustomed to.

Well of course it was just an analogy. I want him to be very elegant, but with a bit of elegant brutality on the side!! Lol.

I want combat to be more "fency" in general. When faced with french guards with swords, there should be lots of quick little parries and feints and stuff, similar to like what you would see in pirates of the caribbean in a sense.

Wolfmeister1010
04-18-2014, 01:12 AM
I would like Arno to be a silent protagonist. I also want no dialogue within the game apart from the yammers feintly excreting from the large swathes of crowds.

Me, my blade, a target, an open area. And my kill. No story, just place us in new situations directly after kills. Give us at least 100 of them.

His combat style should be smart and calculated. Relying on strength and agility to block and evade attacks, and intelligently placed crushing blows. No fancy nancy stuff - like swirling around with the target impaled on your sword like something from a dance routine.

Well..I want a story in my AC lol..but I wouldnt mind if during assassination missions, the game goes into a "silent" spooky mode to reflect how focused the assassin is.

A little bit of creativity and twirling is welcome in my book, but yeah nothing too much.

GunnerGalactico
04-18-2014, 11:31 AM

That's a pretty good idea :p

I would really like them to add fencing battles to the game. It will be a little like the tournament in AC3 but instead of challenging brawlers... you would fight against the best sword masters. Before the fight begins, the announcer can yell "En Garde!".

silvermercy
04-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Mix between Connor and Haytham. Lots of European fencing moves, but also with a tinge of brutality like connor.
I'd love to see that. It'd be the perfect personality mix for me.

As a side note, I'd like to see a more... "dangerous" aura surrounding him (not that all assassins so far are not dangerous. lol). I mean, perhaps in the beginning, he would struggle to contain his "dangerous" side and he would desperately need to gain some focus and control. Perhaps with the help of a mentor... ;)

ze_topazio
04-18-2014, 01:02 PM

Yeah, i hope we go back to a more efficient fighting style, specially with the hidden blades, hidden blades have always been cool because of the "one-hit kill" thing, it's heartbreaking seeing them requiring so many slashes to kill a opponent this days.

LoyalACFan
04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
That's a pretty good idea :p

I would really like them to add fencing battles to the game. It will be a little like the tournament in AC3 but instead of challenging brawlers... you would fight against the best sword masters. Before the fight begins, the announcer can yell "En Garde!".

Yeah, AC has always been sorely lacking in the 1v1 combat department (looking at you, Ezio v Cesare). Fencing duels would be a cool way to implement that.

GunnerGalactico
04-18-2014, 09:48 PM

Partially agree with this. But, I felt that there was nothing wrong with Connor's fighting style. He is strong, brutal and agile... and not to mention, he was built for it. His fighting style suited him perfectly. For Arno, I would like his fighting style to quick, nimble and precise... as well as smart and calculated. He should be light on his feet and fight like a musketeer.

Megas_Doux
04-19-2014, 12:27 AM
I would LOVE if his style turns out to be similar to Haytham´s. Such deadly elegance.....

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-19-2014, 02:37 AM
I would LOVE if his style turns out to be similar to Haytham´s. Such deadly elegance.....

Same. He can pull off some moves similar to Haytham with the same grace and agility with fencing skills included :p