PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: 4/22 DLC

toymachinesh
04-17-2014, 01:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/15CxdWm.png

https://twitter.com/UbisoftStudioSF/statuses/456576374996615170

wildeye from reddit translated this pretty fast... Don't ask me how..

08:01 <wildeye> plaintext: "next week’s dlc will offer a three-pack of hits from three different bands. discuss in the rocksmith dot ubi dot com forum."

DLC Hint #2

http://i.imgur.com/bDncOQU.png

zaxcv4321
04-17-2014, 01:58 AM
Translated by frequency count, maybe?
Since each coded word is the same number of characters as the decoded text....wait....yes, just by looking at it, it is a straight character swap, decoded by frequency count.

RokDog007
04-17-2014, 02:30 AM
this could be hit or miss, hopefully RS goes 2 for 3 at least

Steel_Nirvana
04-17-2014, 02:43 AM
Maybe the medium was the message.

http://youtu.be/GMyDLww64uE

Korrupt79
04-17-2014, 04:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvnkAtWcKYg

fredyellowone
04-17-2014, 04:59 AM
I like those packs that are featuring different bands. Usually, I love one of he three songs.

Greenbrick2
04-17-2014, 06:18 AM
So that means just one Rage Against The Machine. "Hits" isn't entirely subjective, I'll assume this means they got one of the songs I would like. Now we just have to wait to hear if the other bands are similar, or totally different. If we go by what Pandora plays when I load RATM, I'd be perfectly happy with Beastie Boys and Rollins Band. :)

BazzTard61
04-17-2014, 07:12 AM
totally lost any sense of anticipation or excitement about upcoming DLC.

It's been a while since I looked forward to DLC, it's been a long time

toymachinesh
04-17-2014, 07:16 AM
I highly doubt they would release just one RATM song. I'm pretty sure (speculation) we are getting a RATM pack eventually, but next week will be a mixed bag.

Also here is something to look forward to...

Paul pretty much confirmed Dire Straits and Fleetwood Mac are coming eventually

Dire Straits/Fleetwood Mac (https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/456296179861438465)

daddy_felix
04-17-2014, 08:08 AM
So that means just one Rage Against The Machine.

no RATM next week:

Christopher Woo ‏@squirrellyninja 15. Apr.
@TheRiffRepeater An error on MS's part. Don't want this anticipation train to build too much momentum now. That prediction is wrong.

plissken99
04-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Funny, Spring and Summer are wastelands for new Blu Rays(which I collect), they start putting out good stuff in the Fall and Winter, RS seems to be following the same pattern(referring to the "amazing Winter lineup" mentioned in that Twitter link).

Dire Straits will be awesome, but hard. I've tried to play the tabs for Money for Nothing and Sultans of Swing, pretty complex stuff.

MoldyRhyme94061
04-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Well the last 3 pack of different bands went kinda modern (Except for Crazy on you). So I'm guessing this one will be more classic rock or 80's oriented. My guess is Stranglehold, Green Grass and High Tides, and Frankenstein.

Mixed 3 packs kind of worry me because I feel that any band in the pack will not have another dlc released, or at least not for a very long time.

dallasdave22
04-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Is it possible that RATM was supposed to be an on disk artist that didn't make it in time?

Paul already confirmed that The Jam was lined up to be on disk and didn't make it in time, so I would assume that they could release that song any time they wanted... (town called malice).

aircap
04-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Although I wouldnt mind seeing something completely out of left field like a mix of classic blues, jazz, and even classical (like cannon in D).

With the trend of RF I suspect we will get random rock from the 80's/90's. Probably some one hit wonders.... No telling really

zaxcv4321
04-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Well the last 3 pack of different bands went kinda modern (Except for Crazy on you). So I'm guessing this one will be more classic rock or 80's oriented. My guess is Stranglehold, Green Grass and High Tides, and Frankenstein.

Mixed 3 packs kind of worry me because I feel that any band in the pack will not have another dlc released, or at least not for a very long time.

Good picks. It would be cool if the Edger Winter track had the keyboard solo transcribed for guitar.

cws78
04-17-2014, 03:08 PM
What if RATM is just one of the songs and the other two are one by Audioslave and one by Soundgarden. They all tie in together but I pretty sure that we will not be seeing RATM until later on hopefully a five pack.

Rock ON!!!!!

Oldmanjoe505
04-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Dire Straits will be awesome, but hard. I've tried to play the tabs for Money for Nothing and Sultans of Swing, pretty complex stuff.

He's a finger picker, and I think that makes a difference.
I'd buy Dire Straights in a heartbeat to have, but it would be a while before I could play much of the songs.

AchtungBeatles
04-17-2014, 03:45 PM
I highly doubt they would release just one RATM song. I'm pretty sure (speculation) we are getting a RATM pack eventually, but next week will be a mixed bag.

Also here is something to look forward to...

Paul pretty much confirmed Dire Straits and Fleetwood Mac are coming eventually

Dire Straits/Fleetwood Mac (https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/456296179861438465)

Nice, "Tusk", "Seven Wonders", and "The Chain" would be so awesome.

MoldyRhyme94061
04-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Lindsey Buckingham is a finger picker also, he has some awesome guitar parts in a lot of their songs that I'd love to see in Rocksmith. That is great news seeing that Fleetwood Mac or Dire Straits or both will be coming to Rocksmith.

cungar1001
04-17-2014, 04:10 PM
Lindsey Buckingham is a finger picker also, he has some awesome guitar parts in a lot of their songs that I'd love to see in Rocksmith. That is great news seeing that Fleetwood Mac or Dire Straits or both will be coming to Rocksmith.

Listen to some of his recent solo albums. He's developed a glissando style that is incredibly difficult.

DanAmrich
04-17-2014, 05:29 PM
no RATM next week:

Christopher Woo ‏@squirrellyninja 15. Apr.
@TheRiffRepeater An error on MS's part. Don't want this anticipation train to build too much momentum now. That prediction is wrong.

Yeah, for the record, that dashboard thing was a mistake, and you should not expect RATM this week. We know you want to play Rage, though.

FretJockey
04-17-2014, 05:38 PM
totally lost any sense of anticipation or excitement about upcoming DLC.

It's been a while since I looked forward to DLC, it's been a long time

Right there with ya.

Although I wouldnt mind seeing something completely out of left field like a mix of classic blues, jazz, and even classical (like cannon in D).

With the trend of RF I suspect we will get random rock from the 80's/90's. Probably some one hit wonders.... No telling really

I could see 90's and up. There seems to be some strange allergy to the 80's though so not holding out hope on anything solid representing the 80's.

Marauder359
04-17-2014, 05:45 PM
I could see 90's and up. There seems to be some strange allergy to the 80's though so not holding out hope on anything solid representing the 80's.

You must mean an allergy to you seeing the 80's content, because there's plenty of it there.

Greenbrick2
04-17-2014, 06:01 PM
We'd have enough of a hint if we knew whether the pack was themed, and whether any of the bands are already available.

DAVID2380
04-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Good picks. It would be cool if the Edger Winter track had the keyboard solo transcribed for guitar.

Isn't it subjective that they would be good picks? Should we just close this thread now?

MoldyRhyme94061
04-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Paul tweeted "yIDoghQo' " which in Klingon means "Don't be foolish" or "Don't be silly" not sure why the I D and Q are capitalized though. Maybe another clue?

DanAmrich
04-17-2014, 07:41 PM
http://bunnyears.net/rrc/Josie1.gif

jj_bb
04-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Are we beeing fffooled again?

toymachinesh
04-17-2014, 08:15 PM

Get out

You must mean an allergy to you seeing the 80's content, because there's plenty of it there.

Beat me to that one

FretJockey
04-17-2014, 08:15 PM

Well, I didn't say there wasn't anything there. We do, however, apparently have a different definition of plenty.

I have had this discussion before and did some leg work to make sure I wasn't just perceiving things wrong. What I found was the dispersion of material is certainly weighted; the 90s, 2000s and 2010s come out the winners. The 70s are in tight with the 90s. The 80s are there, but more token than anything else. Then there is the poor poor 60s.

DLC Content
60s = 15 titles
70s = 49 titles
80s = 32 titles
90s = 54 titles
00s = 71 titles
10s = 42 titles (which when you consider that is 42 titles out of 5 years of available, that is on par to blow the doors off the 00s)

If you include on disk stuff for both Rocksmiths.it becomes
60s = 20 (6%)
70s = 58 (17%)
80s = 38 (11%)
90s = 68 (19%)
00s = 94 (27%)
10s = 71 (20%)

So if you go by the odds following the pattern - we are much more likely to see something from the 00s and 10s then the 80s and oh my the poor 60s.

So the safe bet is something from the 90s and above, not much hope for the 80s =) (I am really hoping I am wrong and will have to eat crow =) ).

I will, as always, be happy if it is something that someone will enjoy - would really suck if it was a pack of Englebert Humperdinck's greatest Ukelele Years, but would really like to see some 80s stuff. And no, not necessarily Metallica =P.

Enjoy =)

toymachinesh
04-17-2014, 08:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvLg4v_nPO4

this song was rumoured since the whiteboard was posted on Facebook by accident with "Here Comes Your Man" "Cousins" and "Jessica" written on it

DanAmrich
04-17-2014, 10:28 PM
School of Rock

Rock got no reason. Rock got no rhyme. That movie's still a bit of a guilty pleasure.

King of Sting20
04-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Someone mentioned Dire Straits eventually....I would buy that the second it came out and spend the next 2 years trying to play. Make that a 5 pack PLEASE.

Amara_Tamlin
04-17-2014, 11:03 PM
would really suck if it was a pack of Englebert Humperdinck's greatest Ukelele Years

You laugh, but I actually do play RS with a ukulele....

FretJockey
04-18-2014, 12:15 AM
You laugh, but I actually do play RS with a ukulele....

Then I am in awe! That is great! and Impressive!

as_uninvited
04-18-2014, 12:52 AM
Well, I didn't say there wasn't anything there. We do, however, apparently have a different definition of plenty.

I have had this discussion before and did some leg work to make sure I wasn't just perceiving things wrong. What I found was the dispersion of material is certainly weighted; the 90s, 2000s and 2010s come out the winners. The 70s are in tight with the 90s. The 80s are there, but more token than anything else. Then there is the poor poor 60s.

DLC Content
60s = 15 titles
70s = 49 titles
80s = 32 titles
90s = 54 titles
00s = 71 titles
10s = 42 titles (which when you consider that is 42 titles out of 5 years of available, that is on par to blow the doors off the 00s)

If you include on disk stuff for both Rocksmiths.it becomes
60s = 20 (6%)
70s = 58 (17%)
80s = 38 (11%)
90s = 68 (19%)
00s = 94 (27%)
10s = 71 (20%)

So if you go by the odds following the pattern - we are much more likely to see something from the 00s and 10s then the 80s and oh my the poor 60s.

So the safe bet is something from the 90s and above, not much hope for the 80s =) (I am really hoping I am wrong and will have to eat crow =) ).

I will, as always, be happy if it is something that someone will enjoy - would really suck if it was a pack of Englebert Humperdinck's greatest Ukelele Years, but would really like to see some 80s stuff. And no, not necessarily Metallica =P.

Enjoy =)

Appreciate you doing the math, i've been meaning to compare the distribution of music for each decade for a while now, just never got to it. And I completely agree with you. I've grown fairly tired of the lack of anything from the 80's for quite awhile. I still hold out hope with each weeks hints, but the numbers don't lie. It's clear as day that for what I'm sure is a multitude of reasons, the large majority of songs will be from the mid 90's going forward.

And I just don't get it. IMO the 50's thru the 80's are far more important/popular from a guitar standpoint. If I was to build a guitar game, it's those decades I'd be focusing on. I sometimes feel that RS is being treated as a music game, and not a Guitar game.

I'm all for variety. Genres and eras. I wouldn't expect all music to be be pigeon holed into my personal tastes. There's many tastes they're trying to please. I get it.

But...

Take a stroll through a guitar center. Browse thru their tab/vid lesson section. 80? 90? Percent of the tab books are for songs/artists that cover 50's 60's 70's and 80's Yet the 60's-80's on RS only represent 33%

I'm sure licensing is the biggest reason we don't see alot of stuff from those eras. I'm aslo sure I suffer from old-man syndrome and much of the music is geared to the younger, more prominent audience of RS. But all the same, as someone else stated, i've kind of given up on the Dlc's at this point. And that's a shame because I LOVE RS. Think it's a brilliant piece of software. Just think it's completely wrong that nearly 80% of the music is mehhhh.

CrazedRacer
04-18-2014, 02:44 AM
I'm sure licensing is the biggest reason we don't see alot of stuff from those eras. I'm aslo sure I suffer from old-man syndrome and much of the music is geared to the younger, more prominent audience of RS.

For the TARGET GROUP of all video game player, the 90's are FAR more important than any other time period. The average age of all gamers is 30. That means that their teen years were spent listening to Muse, Green Day, Radiohead, Blink 182, Offspring, etc. And so what do we get in RS? Muse, Radiohead, Green Day, Offspring... It isn't rocket science. Ubisoft is a for profit corporation, which means that they're going to concentrate on the music that makes them --- wanna take a guess??? - that's right!!! THE MOST PROFIT!!!

I'm not sure that much of the 80's hair band exclusions are licensing related (other than some of the ones that were promised their own game in RB or GH and now won't take anything less than having their own game) as it is that Ubi is just paying attention to what their largest market wants and delivering on it.

RokDog007
04-18-2014, 03:07 AM
Def Leppard....there I said it
Nirvana
SoundGarden

nadagretsch
04-18-2014, 03:33 AM
For the TARGET GROUP of all video game player, the 90's are FAR more important than any other time period. The average age of all gamers is 30. That means that their teen years were spent listening to Muse, Green Day, Radiohead, Blink 182, Offspring, etc. And so what do we get in RS? Muse, Radiohead, Green Day, Offspring... It isn't rocket science. Ubisoft is a for profit corporation, which means that they're going to concentrate on the music that makes them --- wanna take a guess??? - that's right!!! THE MOST PROFIT!!!

I'm not sure that much of the 80's hair band exclusions are licensing related (other than some of the ones that were promised their own game in RB or GH and now won't take anything less than having their own game) as it is that Ubi is just paying attention to what their largest market wants and delivering on it.

Pffft!

Then why oh wise one is it that according to xbox marketplace out of the top 10 all time best selling dlc half are from the 1970's.
B.B King - The Thrill is Gone is like number 20. FAR from a 90's era song. According to you something like that shouldn't sell at all.

DSgamer64
04-18-2014, 04:27 AM
Funny, Spring and Summer are wastelands for new Blu Rays(which I collect), they start putting out good stuff in the Fall and Winter, RS seems to be following the same pattern(referring to the "amazing Winter lineup" mentioned in that Twitter link).

They are fun tunes, love playing them both. Playing with your fingers makes the songs easier in my opinion. I haven't mastered the solos but much of the phrasing is chord based so you can get the best accuracy of each chord.

as_uninvited
04-18-2014, 04:42 AM

This isn't the latest edition of GTA. It's not the newest version of Call of Duty. It's marketed not only as a game but as educational software. The usual demographics and target audience for 'games' really shouldn't apply.

Now maybe the powers that be, as you suggest, are treating this as just another 'game'. If they are it's a huge mistake.

There is absolutely an older audience for RS than your typical 'game'. They have disposable income to apply towards multiple guitars and basses aswell as plenty of DLC.

Likewise, we do understand there's a plethora of youngsters that will look for music/artists they know. No one is asking for Ubi to exclude any of that. As stated, it's a for profit business. They have the difficult job of trying to appeal to many different age groups and musical preferences. They're always gonna be the bad guys to one segment of user or another no matter what they release. But the numbers do show distribution has not been equalized nearly enough. And for the last month or two, there's been a clear voice on this forum as well as others about the overall dissatisfaction in the DLC releases. There will always be whiners and b!tchers. We know that. But when you start hearing more and more dissension/unhappiness, there's generally a reason.

FretJockey
04-18-2014, 04:42 AM
The average age of gamers is indeed 30.
The breakdown however - according to the Entertainment Software Association in 2013....

36% = 36 and over - which puts them in the 70s and 80s group for musical influence
32% = 18 - 35 - so about half (little less than half) that age group is in the 80s/90s group for musical influence. The other half 90s+ group
32% = 18 and under - is the 2000's group for musical influence.

So, to say the average age is 30 which equals 90s influence is not completely accurate, since the largest 3rd of that set is in the 70s and 80s group and the latter third is in the 90s/2000s group and a much smaller group of people considering I am not sure just how many of the ages 1 - 18 are playing video games ;). And the middle third is sort of split between 80s, 90s, 2000s

Regardless, we aren't talking about personal tastes here. There is quite a bit from the 90s and 2000s that is decent music and fun to play.

What we are talking about is how an entire decade as influential to the rise in guitar rock as the 80s can be so drastically overlooked. The 60s was mainly rhythm rock, a few leads out there mainly blues players and what not. They were there but not dominant. The 70s saw a rise in the lead guitar and some very influential players come out of there, the 80s - like the music or not doesn't matter, brought out the shredders. The 80s were the decade of excess and that was clear in the music. Louder, faster, heavier. The guitar was the front man and in so many cases the lyrics were just there, not exactly poetry ;). And if it wasn't for the bands of the 80s with the over the top sound, looks and attitudes (the majority of the pop music was about partying, girls, drinking, living it up and not giving a crap) well, without it you would not have had Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc. They were the answer to the 80s. They were the bands who ushered in the 90s saying enough of the happy party it up fun crap. The shredding lead of the 80s dropped off in the 90s. Some bands still did it, but nowhere near as many.

The 80s were incredibly important and influential to the history of rock and the rise in popularity of guitars and bassists.

Now, for video gamers - that is not very important at all. It is a video game.
For guitarists the 80s are very important - it would just be nice if Rocksmith gave them a little more face time is all. Plenty of places we can find 80s music to learn and to play. Rocksmith is very cool, in fact it is a fantastic software endeavor that has a wonderful place in the halls of music. It would be nice, if we could get a little more 80s love is all =).

I don't think those of us who are helping to raise the average age of gamers is asking for a lot, I mean we are not asking for months of 80s content, just something. Hell I would take a 5 pack of different 80s bands. It isn't like there aren't thousands of possibilities to go with. We don't need a whole band pack. Could do a theme pack.

Metal pack - Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Manowar.
Grunge Metal Pack - SOD, MOD, Suicidal Tendencies.
Hair Metal Pack - Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, Quiet Riot, Whitesnake.
General Heavy Metal Pack - Ozzy Osbourne, Dokken, Dio.
Women of the 80's - Lita Ford, Vixen, Pat Benatar, Pretenders.
Pop Radio Pack - Prince, Genesis, The Fixx, Michael Jackson, U2
Blue collar rock - ACDC/ Bruce Springsteen, George Thorogood, John Cougar Mellencamp

And about a thousand other bands that are coming to mind the more I type... so will stop now.

There is just so much to choose from - the 80s were all about Rock. Yeah, it was the decade of metal (in all of its awesome as well as embarrassing forms), but it was a rocking decade for guitar music.

Sorry - got a little sentimental there for a moment =)

You are correct, they want to make money. And maybe the 80s are not a cash cow (though that is very hard to believe and they have not really tapped into the heart of the 80s with the song selections). Even so, I guarantee there are bands they could pick that would do them pretty well for the cash flow.

Any-who - not saying we want it to dominate, or even that we want a crap ton of it (although that would be nice), but SOMETHING would be great =)

I tend to agree that it most likely has a lot to do with availability and licensing and options - since along with being the decade of decadence, it is pretty common knowledge that a lot of those bands also were kind of greedy and very protective *****s ;)

bobdrew3
04-18-2014, 04:52 AM
Nerd Alert - steer clear if you don't care about the coded message :)

The message is an example of a Caesar cipher or 'shift cipher' where each letter is replaced by the letter X places further ahead in the alphabet.

Example: A ROT-13 Caesar cipher that replaces each letter by the letter 13 places further in the alphabet ('A' -> 'N'). This message was a ROT-9 cipher.

You can go to this link (http://web.forret.com/tools/rot13.asp?rot=9&cipher=WNGC+FNNT%92B+MUL+FRUU+XOONA+J+CQANN-YJLT+XO+QRCB+OAXV+CQANN+MROONANWC+KJWMB.+MRBLDBB+R W+CQN+AXLTBVRCQ+MXC+DKR+MXC+LXV+OXADV&dir=decrypt&clear=JATP+SAAG%92O+ZHY+SEHH+KBBAN+W+PDNAA-LWYG+KB+DEPO+BNKI+PDNAA+ZEBBANAJP+XWJZO.+ZEOYQOO+E J+PDA+NKYGOIEPD+ZKP+QXE+ZKP+YKI+BKNQI)to see how it works. We used to send random ROT-encoded emails to friends in engineering school to annoy them.

The question is, does the name Caesar or the number 9 have anything to do with the songs we're getting? That would be truly sneaky.

hiykeled
04-18-2014, 05:35 AM
i get that you mega posters are old but really, your being generous with your break out of demo's how many people do you think out there are post 50. yes there are alot of late 30's early 40's out there playing this game and really they are the biggest group they should be targeting, and that is going to equal 87-95 alternitive with some late 90's early 2000's. As a 40 something with the ability to buy any dlc i feel like, i dont care about 80's hair metal. 60's i can learn chords on my own. 70's short of zep floyd bowie i could leave the rest of it. from the 80's really what are you looking for, you have preist megadeath rush police already

you all dont really think anthrax dokken or lita ford will sell do you?

i think sonic youth or dino jr would be fun but i get that will not happen. as for the xbox seller list its pretty hard to judge i truely wish rocksmith would release actual stats. also keep in mind the older the dlc the better chance it has to be high on the list, there were not always hundreds dlc songs for people to choose from.

Greenbrick2
04-18-2014, 05:42 AM

My promise still stands. If we get a Pussycats song, I will record myself playing each that we get in an accurate replica costume.

Does this mean we're in for more Dylan? That's what it meant last time. A three pack of Dylan covers?

toymachinesh
04-18-2014, 06:31 AM
i think sonic youth or dino jr would be fun but i get that will not happen.

Dinosaur Jr. (https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/453557247231021056)

plissken99
04-18-2014, 10:15 AM
from the 80's really what are you looking for, you have preist megadeath rush police already

you all dont really think anthrax dokken or lita ford will sell do you?

... Dio

*drops mic*

toymachinesh
04-18-2014, 11:05 AM
... Dio

*drops mic*

Dio (https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/456295753564971011)

tjdrico
04-18-2014, 12:32 PM
i get that you mega posters are old but really, your being generous with your break out of demo's how many people do you think out there are post 50.

Hard to know - the last "how old are you?" poll (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/865797-Poll-how-old-are-you-guys) left out 51-59 and 71-79 as options. :D

There was an earlier one (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/804419-What-s-my-age-again) though, that had around 15% of people over 50.

Obviously, the sample set is limited to posters on these forums who respond to polls, so it's not necessarily reflective of the wider community.

sh1kamaru-
04-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Dire Straits would be a must have for me, however I’ve learned to keep my expectations down with DLC

Even if it is Dire Straits I doubt Private Investigations or Telegraph Road would be in, even though they’re often played live, especially since Mark started his solo carreer…
It would be more likely Walk of Life, which is just not as interesting guitar-wise. Sultans of Swing and Money for Nothing are likely too, and much more interesting to play too, though on their respective album I prefer Down to the Waterline for the former and Brothers in Arms for the latter. Romeo and Juliet would be an obvious choice from Making Movies and I doubt we’d get anything from On Every Street or Communiqué, however Heavy Fuel and Lady Writer are very nice songs

Based on that it would probably be
- Sultans of Swing
- Money for Nothing
- Walk of Life
- Romeo and Juliet
- Private Investigations <- because I want to believe ubi still love their EU customers :p

CrazedRacer
04-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Not much to go on with this hint, but I'd love to see a Hair band pack... Maybe some Kix, Faster Pussycat and more Whitesnake?!? :)

Yeah - that ain't gonna happen.

Probably a 90's pack. :)

Brick235
04-18-2014, 02:20 PM
I think it's odd to say that a certain age group is only going to be interested in buying DLC of music from their generation. I'm 34 and the only DLC I haven't bought is Disturbed, the 2 new Aerosmith songs, Oasis, REM, Kiss, Rise Against, Flyleaf, A Day to Remember, Matchbox 20, Bob Dylan, Garbage and maybe 5 of the Japanese songs. At least 5 of those packs are groups I grew up listening to in high school, etc. I didn't buy them because they didn't seem interesting or challenging to play. On the flip side, I bought a lot of DLC I'd never heard of because it did seem interesting/challenging. So, maybe people buying DLC based on getting better at guitar has to figure into the demo as well.

RobX21777
04-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Whatever the dlc's will or would be Ubisoft SHOULDNT lose sight of the general rule of thumb that should apply in choosing content for this learning software/game.... GUITAR AND BASS as in the pursuit of skill advancement of said instruments
What I mean is that the utmost importance should always be focused on song which contribute at making us BETTER musicians....Not just (for money reasons) catter to a portion of the (money) crowd that view Rocksmith as a glorified jukebox along which, one can pluck a few chords on common garden songs that contain nothing special guitar wise And in reality contribute little to nothing to one's progress as a guitar player....Nothing but baby boomer nostalgia....I feel flames coming at me already lol....But still I feel it is my opinion that paying to buy let's say Tusk by Fleetwood Mac would NOT help me in striving to become are more technically savvy guitar player....What I mean is this is not the song where I will find counterpuntal string skipping pivot scale or sweep picking arpeggio based solos that would make me a better more cerebral musician and performer....It would just stand to serve as a song in which I can use my guitar to pluck safe comfort zone stuff I already know and use ....Only to catter to the nostalgia of stuff I'm expected to like and buy because I'm part of a target age group
I'm sorry but at fifty years old....I still look for shred and complicated blistering fast guitar work

Or hey you want nostalgia that will make us better guitar players look at 80's shredders or get us the Joe Pass/Ella Fitzgerald Stormy Weather live 1975 Hannover performance check it out on YouTube if you must and totally tab everything Joe Pass does on the rendition....HA HA

RIP Joe Pass

Danny-Ramone
04-18-2014, 03:58 PM
i think sonic youth or dino jr would be fun but i get that will not happen.

I agree that's not going to happen.

MoldyRhyme94061
04-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Check out the link toymachinesh posted in #46. Dinosaur Jr sounds likely.

Danny-Ramone
04-18-2014, 04:45 PM
I was talking about early Sonic Youth, but got overexcited, and now need to wash out my mouth with soap...

(In fairness, it was a bit close to the knuckle) :)

VarriusTX
04-18-2014, 05:46 PM
I think it's odd to say that a certain age group is only going to be interested in buying DLC of music from their generation. I'm 34 and the only DLC I haven't bought is Disturbed, the 2 new Aerosmith songs, Oasis, REM, Kiss, Rise Against, Flyleaf, A Day to Remember, Matchbox 20, Bob Dylan, Garbage and maybe 5 of the Japanese songs. At least 5 of those packs are groups I grew up listening to in high school, etc. I didn't buy them because they didn't seem interesting or challenging to play. On the flip side, I bought a lot of DLC I'd never heard of because it did seem interesting/challenging. So, maybe people buying DLC based on getting better at guitar has to figure into the demo as well.

I think you might be in the minority here. I think many of us just enjoy playing songs we know and like, and getting better at guitar is a benefit. I know that many of you have really progressed playing RS to the point that you can play a lot of the difficult stuff, but most of us aren't quite there yet. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

plissken99
04-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Dio (https://twitter.com/crossieRS/status/456295753564971011)
That is excellent to hear!

But also there is tons of material from the 80's not yet on RS, not just hair metal. After all Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson and John Pettrucci are all from the 80's. Guns n Roses anyone? Sure they all had hair, but their songs weren't all about "party all the time".

Btw today's music has done the impossible, it makes hair metal look awesome! Atleast they were honest when singing about banging groupies on their tour bus, today's bands sing crappy love songs while wearing stupid looking 'nice' clothes, with weird hair. I'd take Dokken or Motley Crüe over Matchbox 20 or Coldplay any day of the week!

extendedsolo
04-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Whatever the dlc's will or would be Ubisoft SHOULDNT lose sight of the general rule of thumb that should apply in choosing content for this learning software/game.... GUITAR AND BASS as in the pursuit of skill advancement of said instruments
What I mean is that the utmost importance should always be focused on song which contribute at making us BETTER musicians....Not just (for money reasons) catter to a portion of the (money) crowd that view Rocksmith as a glorified jukebox along which, one can pluck a few chords on common garden songs that contain nothing special guitar wise And in reality contribute little to nothing to one's progress as a guitar player....Nothing but baby boomer nostalgia....I feel flames coming at me already lol....But still I feel it is my opinion that paying to buy let's say Tusk by Fleetwood Mac would NOT help me in striving to become are more technically savvy guitar player....What I mean is this is not the song where I will find counterpuntal string skipping pivot scale or sweep picking arpeggio based solos that would make me a better more cerebral musician and performer....It would just stand to serve as a song in which I can use my guitar to pluck safe comfort zone stuff I already know and use ....Only to catter to the nostalgia of stuff I'm expected to like and buy because I'm part of a target age group
I'm sorry but at fifty years old....I still look for shred and complicated blistering fast guitar work

Or hey you want nostalgia that will make us better guitar players look at 80's shredders or get us the Joe Pass/Ella Fitzgerald Stormy Weather live 1975 Hannover performance check it out on YouTube if you must and totally tab everything Joe Pass does on the rendition....HA HA

RIP Joe Pass

Headline: Internet user angry that world doesn't revolve around him.

Moodyblues57
04-18-2014, 06:56 PM
=RobX21777;992440...
Nothing but baby boomer nostalgia....I feel flames coming at me already lol....But still I feel it is my opinion that paying to buy let's say Tusk by Fleetwood Mac would NOT help me in striving to become are more technically savvy

To quote a famous philosopher from another thread in this very forum:

Well you know what they say about opinions and rectums right?
Everybody has one

Best Regards
Rob

Sorry, couldn't resist! :)

DanAmrich
04-18-2014, 06:57 PM
\Atleast they were honest when singing about banging groupies on their tour bus!

I have never been sure whether they were being honest or trying to self-fulfill a few fantasies. Like, if we sing about it, that's what we'll get! :)

Moodyblues57
04-18-2014, 07:10 PM
I have never been sure whether they were being honest or trying to self-fulfill a few fantasies. Like, if we sing about it, that's what we'll get! :)

I never thought of that. Hey, do you think that would work for us common folk as well?

Oh, I am so glad I am a 25 year-old gazillionaire playboy...

plissken99
04-18-2014, 07:37 PM
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://houseflippingschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/the-secret-to-house-flipping.jpg&imgrefurl=http://houseflippingschool.com/the-secret-to-house-flipping-success/&h=1351&w=2214&tbnid=WcwtA6sRi1lVhM:&zoom=1&docid=UuncJ8Ik7l6jtM&hl=en&ei=tHBRU5XkF4awyAS8jIC4Ag&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CD4QMygBMAE

toymachinesh
04-18-2014, 07:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bDncOQU.png

pedietz
04-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Phoenix ? They've been on all of the gaming systems.

dallasdave22
04-18-2014, 08:15 PM
As long as it isn't Home by Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - lol

toymachinesh
04-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Phoenix ? They've been on all of the gaming systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rbGj4_qYgI

You might be right

toymachinesh
04-18-2014, 08:36 PM
or not.. This is much better!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSNVrKox53s

MoldyRhyme94061
04-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Spin Doctors-two princes. Awesome song. If it's a big hits of the 90's pack I wouldn't be surprised if Semi Charmed kind of life by Third eye Blind is included.

ghmorello
04-18-2014, 09:01 PM
Yes, I love Two Princes. Has a good solo in it.

toymachinesh
04-18-2014, 09:03 PM
the bassline will be incredible to jam on..

*paging Bazztard*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRa3NfRSEpo

Stoopid_Trippin
04-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Im calling it now, 90s pack.

Spin doctors - two princes
Janes addiction - been caught stealing
Smash mouth - walkin on the sun

DanAmrich
04-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Yes, I love Two Princes. Has a good solo in it.

I was in college in the Northeast when they were big, and I remember being disappointed that Eric Schenkman performed the Two Princes solo note for note. Today, I think I would appreciate it, but for whatever reason, I really went into that show expecting jam-band looseness and felt like "oh, he just phoned it in." Which is not necessarily the case -- in retrospect I think it was probably a conscious decision to give people the familiarity they wanted to hear. It was a good show regardless.

toymachinesh
04-18-2014, 10:29 PM
I saw them live recently (Beer Fest) and they killed it. Wow what a great band, and it wasn't just because I was partaking in the alcohol festivities.

http://i.imgur.com/GHXG2wt.png

https://twitter.com/UbisoftStudioSF/status/457265379648495616

Dan... You're evil

Brick235
04-18-2014, 10:47 PM
I must have missed something. How did we get to the Spin Dr.s from something about French cars? :confused:

toymachinesh
04-18-2014, 10:49 PM
I must have missed something. How did we get to the Spin Dr.s from something about French cars? :confused:

Did you watch the YouTube video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSNVrKox53s

It's a car commercial using "Two Princes"

dallasdave22
04-18-2014, 10:50 PM
maybe it's another bass pack (spin doctors and bruno mars)?

toymachinesh
04-18-2014, 11:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BICzj5y9jK4

2:04

Steel_Nirvana
04-18-2014, 11:49 PM
So Paramore, Spin Doctors, and Black Crows?

http://youtu.be/wlMwc1c0HRQ

RobX21777
04-19-2014, 12:00 AM
Extendedsolo dude I'm not THE first to voice such a concern....Why do YOU single ME out to put on YOUR little humor show
It's not about having the world revolve around ME or my peers in musical tastes and goals....It's about bringing tracks for the shredder part of the clientele !

You know....Names like Vai. Satriani. Malmsteen. Moore Loomis. Eklhund and the likes....Not ME ....THEM....That is what the focus is on

Best Regards
Rob

as_uninvited
04-19-2014, 12:04 AM
I would be very pleased with Hard to Handle. Hope I'm not setting myself up for a letdown!

RobX21777
04-19-2014, 12:21 AM
To quote a famous philosopher from another thread in this very forum:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :)
Hat's off to you Sir....
LOL
Best Regards
Rob

Brick235
04-19-2014, 12:27 AM
Did you watch the YouTube video?

It's a car commercial using "Two Princes"

Lol, ok, I did miss something. :rolleyes:

Duggle-SD
04-19-2014, 01:53 AM
The question is, does the name Caesar or the number 9 have anything to do with the songs we're getting? That would be truly sneaky.

I guess they've already figured out the three songs but I would have been happy with this. Guitar and bass is probably waaaaaaay too simple for the people that want everything complicated though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an6A-Wu6-B4

Korrupt79
04-19-2014, 02:35 AM
I Called it, Post #5
do I get a cookie?

toymachinesh
04-19-2014, 02:42 AM
We don't know what the 3rd song is

toymachinesh
04-19-2014, 02:49 AM
I guess they've already figured out the three songs but I would have been happy with this. Guitar and bass is probably waaaaaaay too simple for the people that want everything complicated though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an6A-Wu6-B4

Harmonix agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91uaZcXNIhE

RobX21777
04-19-2014, 03:12 AM
Headline: Internet user angry that world doesn't revolve around him.
Laugh it up dude....I've heard your jam sessions :)
I too would consider a career move to (subpar humor) if I were you :)

Best Regards
Rob

Steel_Nirvana
04-19-2014, 03:15 AM
That was out of bounds.

SeattleSauve
04-19-2014, 03:21 AM

I don't think this is appropriate either. Let's try and get this thread back on topic.

RobX21777
04-19-2014, 04:28 AM
I don't think this is appropriate either. Let's try and get this thread back on topic.
It was on topic before his little intervention....Please reread what led up to this before posing judgement
My initial post (post #53) wasn't out of line at all....His attack came out of nowhere

Mine is warranted

Best Regards
Rob

SeattleSauve
04-19-2014, 04:39 AM
I hope we can all agree we should move to a mode where attacking someone's guitar skill or person directly is never warranted. If you are trying to win an argument please try to use facts, or a reasonable argument, and shift the discussion away from attacks.

RobX21777
04-19-2014, 05:04 AM
I hope we can all agree we should move to a mode where attacking someone's guitar skill or person directly is never warranted. If you are trying to win an argument please try to use facts, or a reasonable argument, and shift the discussion away from attacks.
Winning an argument over the internet is like winning at the Special Olympics
Even if you win you are still ******ed

I did it to defend myself from an attack on my person
Unless you are partial and bias towards the person who started it....I don't see either of you giving HIM the third degree
THIS is the last you will hear from me on the matter

SeattleSauve
04-19-2014, 05:27 AM
Don't worry about defending yourself. We should not worry about personal attacks, so no need to defend yourself. Rise above that. My perspective is you should never attack a forum member's guitar skills, as that is not relevant to any conversation.

RobX21777
04-19-2014, 06:45 AM
Don't worry about defending yourself. We should not worry about personal attacks, so no need to defend yourself. Rise above that.
Still going on about it are you?!
There seems to be a case of mistaken indentity here....The man you seem to refer to was called....Jesus....right thread....wrong person
I do not stand there like a sheep and bleet in submission while I am being gratuitously attacked
I saw a video submission of a jam session he did and wasn't (impressed) but I didn't comment on the video and kept it to myself like a civilized person....until he attacked me....dirty for dirty

Please stop replying and fuelling the whole thing....I have made my peace with it
If you or anyone here does not like what is happening here and think I'm wrong....REPORT ME and get it over with

Best Regards
Rob

umbralez
04-19-2014, 06:51 AM
Im calling it now, 90s pack.

Spin doctors - two princes
Janes addiction - been caught stealing
Smash mouth - walkin on the sun

That`d be nice,how about some other 90s one hit wonders like Sponge,Gin Blossoms,Lemmonheads?
Ha!There is not even a need to mention the titles,evryone knows which ones and that is just fine.

SeattleSauve
04-19-2014, 06:57 AM
If the 2 songs so far are Two Princes, and Hard to Handle, then I think this is a pretty solid pack already :)

BazzTard61
04-19-2014, 07:24 AM
[QUOTE=toymachinesh;9924885]the bassline will be incredible to jam on..

*paging Bazztard*

QUOTE]

yes please! gimme gimme gimme

Garbage was fun for about a minute lol

Wodashin
04-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Having grown up with these songs on the radio, I definitely like what's being hinted at, for listening to, but it'll probably be another week of me not buying any DLC since Maiden. That was in November of last year. It seems like the first RS had a much better diversity to their packs. Everything lately just seems rather formulaic or simple. There were still some awesome DLCs, just not for me, like The Doors and Boston, but at this point, I really am going to have to say "moar metuhl". Or something surprising, like My Sharona and its crazy solo.

It's almost aggravating at this point, being half a year from release now. In the first RS' first 6 months, we'd gone from Free Bird, to Megadeth, to the Christmas DLC (We 3 Kings and Bells solos were crazy!), to Don't Fear The Reaper, to Painkiller. Later on, we'd get A7X, Rush, and Pantera all smushed together. And this was with DLC coming like 2 weeks apart!

Aside from the Maiden DLC, Death Mental, and Giri Giri Chop, and despite weekly DLC, we've gotten stuff that's all basically the same. Lots of chords/powerchords/octave double stops with little leady bits.

plissken99
04-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Winning an argument over the internet is like winning at the Special Olympics
Even if you win you are still ******ed
That almost made me do a spit take, I'm stealing it! :)

I also grew up with Two Princes and Hard to Handle, it will be a pleasure to learn them!

As to this argument I've heard in this thread that all new content should always have new guitar techniques or it's useless, not so. The more familiar I get with the fretboard, the better my improvisation gets. I've no doubt that's true of others. Half the fun of RS is learning your favorite tunes, it doesn't matter if they play similarly or not. I'd personally like the rest of the Iron Maiden and Megadeth catalogs(Angry Again!). The more time you spend making chords the better you will be, and fun tunes make you want to practice. In fact only in the last few weeks have I been jamming on my own and I think it's starting to sound like something to myself.

Speaking of Golden Bomber, I just got that pack, not sure how I missed it, Death Mental is crazy hard, since 40-50% of the song consists solos!

RobX21777
04-19-2014, 12:52 PM
That almost made me do a spit take, I'm stealing it! :)
Be my guest, one who appreciates is one who can use it, too bad it blanks part of the last word which is not THAT offensive, which could be replaced by (late in the mind department)
You make a good point too....In hindsight not every dlc should have for sole purpose pushing guitar players at getting better and faster with soloing....I understand that sometimes it's time to relax and have fun and not always playing flurries of notes in 64th picking resolution
Heck I bought the Garbage dlc and it was fun
The point I was trying to make was telling Ubisoft to try and get in touch and sign a few well known guitar players who were named earlier, who made giant contributions to the guitar world with their strange beautiful INSTRUMENTAL guitar based music

I don't really want to hear Dave Mustains little angry troll voice for 4 minutes before finding the (meat) I'm looking for
Most shredders who complain about a lack of track want the instrumental tracks we all know and love and respect for what they are....
Masterpieces

Or Nevermind metal....how about Jazz and monuments like Joe Pass Pat Methenny ( not sure about spelling) and the likes
It's about guitar....Not big hair and makeup :)

Thank you
Best Regards
Rob

Brick235
04-19-2014, 12:54 PM

Hmmm. Haven't seen you submit a session mode clip yet, Rob. When are you going to share?

Brick235
04-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Aside from the Maiden DLC, Death Mental, and Giri Giri Chop, and despite weekly DLC, we've gotten stuff that's all basically the same. Lots of chords/powerchords/octave double stops with little leady bits.

Did you get Bambina? That has a sick solo. Otherwise, yeah, I guess I have to agree with you. There hasn't been much to shred with. Aerosmith has some tough solos.

MoldyRhyme94061
04-19-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm guessing Semi Charmed kind of life as the 3rd song.

RobX21777
04-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Hmmm. Haven't seen you submit a session mode clip yet, Rob. When are you going to share?
If I have to submit a clip in order to have the (privilege) to voice my views on any subject....Perhaps if I had like 3000 something posts under my belt....posturing elitists on this forum would take me more seriously ? Believe me I wll submit a clip as soon as I get the logistics in place and it will settle the matter once and for all as to if my skill level is up to YOUR standards....as for your question you seem to want to continue the cluster....k that happened last night....as in egging me on to submit a video....When I do you'll be the first to know personally . It will give you time to write a bad review out of spite because I was honest about you lil clown friend's video! My clip isn't out yet and you wait in antagonism to save your lil friend's honnor .the bottom line is Extendedsolo had a big mouth last night and I punched him in it....END of the story

You see I am on the xbox360
and you'd think Microsoft and Ubi would work together to implement the use of their friggin Kinect to....record and video capture sessions and upload them to YouTube or some proprietary system so sharing videos wouldn't be such a ***** on 360 ....But Noooo....too simple and effective
On an ending note Brick if you don't like the fact that i don't lay down like a lamb when attacked REPORT ME or shut the front door

Reread the resolution of the conflict....Everything was settled....Before you started trolling again....Maybe I should report you ?

Marauder359
04-19-2014, 02:19 PM
If I have to submit a clip in order to have the (privilege) to voice my views on any subject....

No, chum, that seems to be your standard, not ours... We're just rather disappointed that you don't live up to your own standards. Oh my.

Steel_Nirvana
04-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Reread the resolution of the conflict....Everything was settled....Before you started trolling again....Maybe I should report you ?

Yeah...no.

Not only do you not understand the definition of trolling, you don't understand how conversation works, much less argument. You seem to think that because something someone else said hurt your feelings, then you automatically have the right to try returning the favor however you think you can.

You should realize, though, that if the best and only comeback you've got is to try belittling someone else's guitar skills, you've instantly alienated the entire community. Citing elementary school playground rules to justify your response isn't going to help, since you've violated one of the fundamental tenets of the community: being supportive of others' playing and learning.

RobX21777
04-19-2014, 03:01 PM
No, chum, that seems to be your standard, not ours... We're just rather disappointed that you don't live up to your own standards. Oh my.
Another one? You ppl are part of a franchise or what

fredyellowone
04-19-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm guessing Semi Charmed kind of life as the 3rd song.

I would love that.

Marauder359
04-19-2014, 03:12 PM

So, you seem to think we don't know what's going on here. You seem to think we only saw your response and that if only we saw the rest we'd understand your point.........

I read your rant, I agreed with extendedsolo that you're an internet nutter only concerned with yourself. Why is that my conclusion? Well, let's look at a specific line from the post in question:

But still I feel it is my opinion that paying to buy let's say Tusk by Fleetwood Mac would NOT help me in striving to become are more technically savvy guitar player...

So, there you openly admit that it's not only your opinion, but your opinion is based on your skill level and what you will or will not get out of the specific experience. Where you go bonkers is to then suggest that the entire community is, basically, you.

You were right, it was your opinion. You are wrong that your opinion matters or coincides with any of ours. As such, when you go on to drone about "shredding clientele" and your opinion, but treat that as simply the facts and the way things should be, well, that's what turns you into the troll, chum.

Extendedsolo's response? Amusing and apt.

Your continued fit? Also amusing, but not in the way you might want.

solidwhitemike
04-19-2014, 03:13 PM

Dude, why don't you just drop it. You are not doing a good job of representing yourself. You guys had your little tiff and now its done. It doesn't matter who started it, who ended it or who "won". Just drop it and talk about the game as that is what the forum it for.

Anyways, I am looking forward to this pack. Some fond memories of high school growing up with these bands. Should be fun.

Danny-Ramone
04-19-2014, 03:14 PM
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18267&d=1396268126&thumb=1

RobX21777
04-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Yeah...no.

Not only do you not understand the definition of trolling, you don't understand how conversation works, much less argument. You seem to think that because something someone else said hurt your feelings, then you automatically have the right to try returning the favor however you think you can.

You should realize, though, that if the best and only comeback you've got is to try belittling someone else's guitar skills, you've instantly alienated the entire community. Citing elementary school playground rules to justify your response isn't going to help, since you've violated one of the fundamental tenets of the community: being supportive of others' playing and learning.and what tenen did Extendedsolo violate by ridiculing my and other ppls view....You f....g hypocrites

Give it a f.... Rest ppl....You need fresh air

Steel_Nirvana
04-19-2014, 03:30 PM
and what tenen did Extendedsolo violate by ridiculing my and other ppls view....You f....g hypocrites

Give it a f.... Rest ppl....You need fresh air

Actually, unlike you, he responded directly to what you were saying, simply pointing out how you were insisting that the only good DLC is DLC that speaks directly to your personal desires. Which is ordinarily fine, except you insisted you were speaking objectively for some sort of shredding illuminati who elected you as spokesman or somesuch.

And since you're all about how appropriate you're being, you do realize that simply skipping letters in inappropriate words still violates the rules?

rcole_sooner
04-19-2014, 03:30 PM
This thread needs to stop now, it is not going well.

Thread closed.