PDA

View Full Version : "Prototyping a revolutionary new kind of navigation system for next-gen systems."

Sushiglutton
04-16-2014, 02:44 PM
The key guy behind the awesome animations for AC3, Jonathan Cooper, has moved to ND (very sad :( ). Anyway I checked his linked (yeah I'm geting desperate lol) and it says:

Animation Director, Unnanounced Project

Ubisoft Montreal (http://ca.linkedin.com/company/ubisoft?trk=ppro_cprof)
Public Company; 5001-10,000 employees; FR0000054470; Computer Games industry
November 2012 – February 2014 (1 year 4 months) Montreal, Canada Area
Prototyping a revolutionary new kind of navigation system for next-gen systems.

This is a little bit interesting if you combine it with the rumours of horizontal wallrunning and the up/down controls of the leaked screenshots. It could be for AC:2015, or maybe he just hasn't updated and the unannounced project is in fact Unity (can't be Comet as it says "for next-gen systems"). Anyway it seems like they are doing something to the parkour. I'm a little bit worried that he left though. Hope it wasn't because the prototyping didn't go well.

http://ca.linkedin.com/in/gameanim

jayjay275
04-16-2014, 02:46 PM
When you say he moved to ND, do you mean Naughty Dog by chance? :o

Sushiglutton
04-16-2014, 02:47 PM
When you say he moved to ND, do you mean Naughty Dog by chance? :o

Yeah Nathan, he will animate you from now on!

jayjay275
04-16-2014, 02:52 PM
Yeah Nathan, he will animate you from now on!

Yay, but nay.
I am glad he'll be animating in UC4, but at the same time, AC3 probably had some of the best animations. He would've been great for Unity. :/
Hoepfully someone can fill his shoes just as well.

Sushiglutton
04-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Yay, but nay.
I am glad he'll be animating in UC4, but at the same time, AC3 probably had some of the best animations. He would've been great for Unity. :/
Hoepfully someone can fill his shoes just as well.

At least he didn't go to Zynga or something ;). I will play all ND games just as I play all AC games, so I will still be able to enjoy the his work.

DumbGamerTag94
04-16-2014, 08:04 PM
This is a little bit interesting if you combine it with the rumours of horizontal wallrunning and the up/down controls of the leaked screenshots. It could be for AC:2015, or maybe he just hasn't updated and the unannounced project is in fact Unity (can't be Comet as it says "for next-gen systems"). Anyway it seems like they are doing something to the parkour

What rumors if horizontal wall running? It's not a thing leaked by Ubi it's speculation(wild *** guessing). Parkour up/down does not automatically equal horizontal wall running. Also that has been featured in several other video games such as PoP, so it's anything but "revolutionary" or "new".

Sushiglutton
04-16-2014, 08:44 PM
What rumors if horizontal wall running? It's not a thing leaked by Ubi it's speculation(wild *** guessing). Parkour up/down does not automatically equal horizontal wall running. Also that has been featured in several other video games such as PoP, so it's anything but "revolutionary" or "new".

Lol, awesome attitude ;)! Horizontal wallrunning is based on some stuff a parkour pro has said/posted pics about. Of course it isn't a solid fact which is why I called it a "rumour". Parkour up and down is a seperate thing, but it's also about changes being made (perhaps) to the parkour system. I never said, nor implied horizontal wallrunning was revolutionary or new.

Please relax a little bit and smile :)! Not much going on atm so I thought we could just speculate a bit on some loose info.

lothario-da-be
04-16-2014, 09:02 PM
If they have been working on it for 5 years its possible all the animations are ready :)

DumbGamerTag94
04-16-2014, 11:33 PM
Lol, awesome attitude ;)! Horizontal wallrunning is based on some stuff a parkour pro has said/posted pics about. Of course it isn't a solid fact which is why I called it a "rumour". Parkour up and down is a seperate thing, but it's also about changes being made (perhaps) to the parkour system. I never said, nor implied horizontal wallrunning was revolutionary or new.

Please relax a little bit and smile :)! Not much going on atm so I thought we could just speculate a bit on some loose info.

Lol I didn't think I had an attitude. I apologize if it appeared that way. I just simply demanded some evidence before making such claims is all. And you did imply Horizontal wall running was the revolutionary new system in the quote I used in my last post. you said "if you combine it with the rumors of horizontal wall running and the up/down controls of the leaked screen shots. It could be for AC:2015" I may have just interpreted that wrong but to me it seemed you were implying Wall Running to be the new innovation.

And just to clarify. It is valid "rumor" that wall running may be featured in some way, in some game(possibly AC because of parkour's prominence), because its based on info from a parkour expert. But to say it will be a mechanic/feature/navigation system is pure speculation because it is founded on no evidence other than wishful thinking and wants. It could just as well be a simple automated animation or brief movement technique(like the vault added in AC3), or you may even be able to stick to al wall indefinitely, run straight across the sides of buildings turn left and run continuously up into the sky like some kind of Sonic the Hedgehog or something lol(that's a joke but equally valid because it is speculation based on nothing). But it'd be admittedly awesome lol :p.

My point is there is a difference between a rumor and speculation. Sorry if this was a misunderstanding but just for you here's a smile :) lol