PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Brotherhood 6th Lair of Romulus-Please Help!!

nerdymidgetkid
04-16-2014, 02:18 PM
Okay, so I'm trying to do the final lair of Romulus. I'm chasing the cardinal (whom I could have shot with my crossbow, or thrown a knife at, or used my hidden gun on...just saying...) I know that I have to climb up an arch way and then jump backwards to catch a platform, shown here:

http://i.imgur.com/EXXWHwl.png

When I get to a certain point the camera zooms out the way it normally would when I try to do a backwards jump. However, when I press the "D" key, I just climb down. I've tried this many, many times, but the same thing always happens. I don't know if I'm doing something completely wrong of if this is a bug. Either way, does anybody know what's up with this?

HDinHB
04-17-2014, 05:19 AM
You're right, you need to jump backwards, or what is called "back eject" from the wall. I know you can change the key mapping, so I'm not sure what your D key is mapped to, or if you left it as default.

Using the default mapping, jump backwards by holding the high-profile button (Right Mouse Button by default) and hit jump (Space by default) without touching any movement keys. You may need to climb up a little higher on the wall than you are in your picture, so your feet are against the wall and not on the door frame, as shown in this video:

http://youtu.be/ceEoTgAyhvU?t=6m50s
(Skip forward to about 6:50)

Good luck!

nerdymidgetkid
04-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Thanks for your advice man, but I actually managed to find another way and I am now the proud owner of Brutus' loot. :) You can never do it justice with a youtube video...Thanks again though!

HDinHB
04-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks for your advice man, but I actually managed to find another way and I am now the proud owner of Brutus' loot. :) You can never do it justice with a youtube video...Thanks again though!

Congrats! It's so satisfying to beat these challenges. What other way did you find? If you haven't played AC2, the Assassins' Tombs are really fun too (and some are pretty tough). I hope they bring these back in the next games.