PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Canon?

Gamingpiggy
04-16-2014, 01:12 AM
I'm almost done with Black Flag and I was wondering if anyone else has thought about which sails, outfit, and weapons are really canon? I feel like despite the free nature of the game, players are forced to use the default stuff for the whole game. Has anyone else noticed this? I just feel like even the Mayan armor and gilded sails are not even supposed to be used.

LoyalACFan
04-16-2014, 02:05 AM
... what? ALL of the customization items are canon; Edward had them all. The only exceptions being the Altair/Ezio/Connor outfits, which are supposed to be Animus renders.

frodrigues55
04-16-2014, 02:11 AM
Can't say I totally agree, but there were little problems here and there when cutscenes demanded Edward to put on his hood, even if there weren't any for the outfit you chose.

Aphex_Tim
04-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Yeah, I just blame all the extra stuff on Animus trickery. Everything happened as it did, just with different colors here and there.

Locopells
04-16-2014, 11:02 AM
I use the Captian Morgan sails, the default Assassin outfit, and pistol swords with naval pistol set, myself (once they're unlocked that is).

MasterAssasin84
04-16-2014, 01:23 PM
I dont know but me personally i never used any of the previous Ancestors robes ! i really do not see any reason as to why they should actually be there other an a gimmick to amuse the player.

I like to feel connected to the story and the era in which its set, for me this really makes a difference to my Assassins Creed experience.

Bit out of place for Edward to be exploring the caribbean islands and mayan ruins kitted out in Ezio's brotherhood robes ?

IWGCJoeCool
04-17-2014, 01:19 AM
I dont know but me personally i never used any of the previous Ancestors robes ! i really do not see any reason as to why they should actually be there other an a gimmick to amuse the player.

I like to feel connected to the story and the era in which its set, for me this really makes a difference to my Assassins Creed experience.

Bit out of place for Edward to be exploring the caribbean islands and mayan ruins kitted out in Ezio's brotherhood robes ?

am totally with you on that +1

what would happen later on, after escaping the prison in Port Royal??? which outfit would the assassin give you back. those are the kinds of things that pull you right out of it.

p.s. i see the CAPTCHA is gone, explaining all the bot stuff today.

LoyalACFan
04-17-2014, 01:22 AM
am totally with you on that +1

what would happen later on, after escaping the prison in Port Royal??? which outfit would the assassin give you back. those are the kinds of things that pull you right out of it.

p.s. i see the CAPTCHA is gone, explaining all the bot stuff today.

The spam never stopped, and the captchas didn't help anyway. Don't give them any ideas about going back to captchas for every post :nonchalance:

frodrigues55
04-17-2014, 02:47 AM
Captcha has been gone for quite a while now. It didn't help the SPAMS so they dropped it. Today's Spams are surely out of control though.

Yeah, I don't use them at all (except to see how it looks and then quit). Ubi does an awesome job designing assassin outfits that match the era, so I think they are perfect for each game. When you take them out of context, they look so out of place that it bugs me to hell. I can't even look at videos on Youtube where people use other game's outfits on their playthroughs.

SixKeys
04-17-2014, 07:53 AM
There are several ship skins that can't be canon, like Queen Anne's Revenge (Blackbeard's ship). I think Hornigold and/or Vane's ships were also available as customization?

LoyalACFan
04-17-2014, 01:30 PM
There are several ship skins that can't be canon, like Queen Anne's Revenge (Blackbeard's ship). I think Hornigold and/or Vane's ships were also available as customization?

Only the figureheads, I think. I don't see why they couldn't be canon. Adewale dug the Jackdaw's figurehead up from the bottom of the ocean for Christ's sake :p

Farlander1991
04-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Don't they go in a Wheel/Figurehead/Sail combos? Like, something for Queen Anne's Revenge is part of a treasure chest, but there's also sails that are a part of unlockable content that comes with a figurine.

LoyalACFan
04-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Don't they go in a Wheel/Figurehead/Sail combos? Like, something for Queen Anne's Revenge is part of a treasure chest, but there's also sails that are a part of unlockable content that comes with a figurine.

Oh, I don't know about any of the figurine stuff. I have it on PS4. But still, I don't see why the wheel/sails/figureheads from the various ships couldn't have been salvaged.

Farlander1991
04-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Oh, I don't know about any of the figurine stuff. I have it on PS4. But still, I don't see why the wheel/sails/figureheads from the various ships couldn't have been salvaged.

Yeah, but then there's also things like Aveline figurehead which couldn't exist at the time since Aveline wasn't born yet. I think there's at least some Animus trickery involved with the customization.

SixKeys
04-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Yeah, but then there's also things like Aveline figurehead which couldn't exist at the time since Aveline wasn't born yet. I think there's at least some Animus trickery involved with the customization.

Yep, some of the descriptions even specifically mention Animus trickery, including the Aveline one.

And let's be real, there are like 20 different figureheads, wheels and sails in the game. I doubt Edward changed his ship that many times in 3 years (or however long the story spans).

Farlander1991
04-17-2014, 02:19 PM
3 years (or however long the story spans).

Seven :)

Gamingpiggy
04-30-2014, 03:02 PM
... what? ALL of the customization items are canon; Edward had them all. The only exceptions being the Altair/Ezio/Connor outfits, which are supposed to be Animus renders.
I agree with that. I just like all the assassin outfit playing into the story stuff

cawatrooper9
04-30-2014, 03:09 PM

I actually liked using Connor's robes- it kind of felt like it gave more reference to his grandson's legacy.