PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance on April 17th at 9am EST / 2pm UK

Kimundi
04-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Champions,

The game will be in maintenance on April 17th at 9am EST / 2pm UK for appro. one hour. We'll install various hotfix such as some lags and crash issues, some gameplay errors associated to some cards and correcting the impossibility to see the opponent's hero when playing second.

A new version of the game will have to be downloaded after the maintenance.

Thank you for your understanding.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/maintenance.png

malkorion
04-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Kimmundi, the word you're looking for is understanding. :)

Thank you for your understanding. (don't worry, it's a tricky word. it's an idiomatic, set phrase really)

Kimundi
04-15-2014, 10:02 PM
!frenchward, sorry :D

Avecforte
04-16-2014, 02:41 AM
Great looking forward to this :)

twardy_
04-16-2014, 08:50 AM
hope you guys are changing daily quests system

Kimundi
04-16-2014, 09:27 AM
The maintenance has been postponed to Thursday, 17th, same time. I've added some of the fixes in the first post.

malkorion
04-16-2014, 10:23 AM
[SIZE=3]We'll install various hotfix such as some lags and crash issues, some gameplay errors associated to some cards and correcting the impossibility to see the opponent's hero when playing second.

1) I have noticed that the game stutters from time to time, although I don't know why. At first, I thought it was going to freeze.

2) The game can still randomly crash, although I don't understand why is so difficult for you to fix something as simple as stability.

3) Buggy card interactions are another thing that should be fixed.

4) Not seeing my opponent's hero is a big deal, and I guess it was something that we took for granted because this thing is really annoying.

Kimundi
04-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Some of the freezes are linked to a bug with a too large friendlist, it should be corrected with this maintenance.

Gouster
04-16-2014, 11:57 AM
From wikipedia:
In Ubisoft’s 2008–2009 fiscal year, the company’s revenue was €1.256 billion…

I don’t know anything about programming/software development but I would expect a company of this magnitude to have figured out a way to apply patches/hotfixes instead of having to download the whole client every single time. Atleast make the client available with torrents so I can download it in a couple of minutes instead of 40 from your servers

PS welcome back

MissiNick
04-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Please remove the split in BS1-BS2 type for the same cards.
We don't want to collect again the same cards we already have more than 4 copies of it, and this system is very confusing (and creates problem for the "achievements hunters").

pacior352
04-16-2014, 02:36 PM
What about black screen problem ? Are there some changes about graphic , or we still need PS3 ?

Atban06
04-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Please remove the split in BS1-BS2 type for the same cards.

+1

Maurimko
04-17-2014, 02:19 PM
.Atleast make the client available with torrents so I can download it in a couple of minutes instead of 40 from your servers

I do not know but I download the game in less than 2 mins

npavcec
04-17-2014, 02:34 PM
1) I have noticed that the game stutters from time to time, although I don't know why. At first, I thought it was going to freeze.

I think it is a result of bad client engine optimization. I've opened a topic in Help and Bug reports subforum (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/870252-MMDoC-client-loading-the-processor-%28too-much%29) and also submited support ticket. Hopefully something gets done about that matter because it is IMHO completely strange that a graphic non-intensive turn based computer card video game to have such a high computer requirements and computer resources load. I've run various simulators on my machine and none of them ever loaded my processor so much as the new MMDoC client. They should really allow some user customization in regard to the sound, graphic and animations. I for one definitely prefer performance over graphic sharpness, textures, shiny details, sparkling animations and what-nots. I like my games fast responsive and fluid, but they don't have to be so visually attractive. Also, I love to play them without sound (listening to music in the background - I think 95% of the veteran players think and do the same.), so no need to use my computer resources on processing the sound when I mute it.

After all, in a thinking game, the graphic and sound is interesting for maybe the first 5-10 hours of the gameplay. They should really concentrate more to make the MMDoC client more accessible and "lightweight". How do they expect to go massive, to go global?! 98% of the computers in the world are not gamming rigs, and MMDoC is a perfect game for those machines and type of people who use them.. for some office fun, etc. Yet they build a client which is so hardware demanding (or maybe it isn't supposed to be - but it is because they have a bad or nonexistent engine optimization). Plenty of issues purely on this front..

2) The game can still randomly crash, although I don't understand why is so difficult for you to fix something as simple as stability.

Exactly. PC, Win7. If it is so unstable at this platform, I cannot imagine how it works on others..

3) Buggy card interactions are another thing that should be fixed.

IMHO, this is not top priority, but yes, definitely needs few fixes, polisihing and balancing in the card interactions aspect of the gameplay.

4) Not seeing my opponent's hero is a big deal, and I guess it was something that we took for granted because this thing is really annoying.

Yes, this will aparently be fixed today.

5) Log is a mess. Give us a proper normal, readable, scrollable, useful game log. Or completely remove the one it is on now. Is it really so hard?

6) Allow replays to be selected and played from within the client, so the players can analyze their games and learn from them.

7) After a while chat does not refresh. It needs to be minimized and opened in order to show properly.

Kimmundi, please be kind and forward these up to the devs. Thanks!

Ethernautis
04-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Notifications don't show properly. It's imposible to know how much gold you earned in Jp, i.e.

http://puu.sh/8cn6f.jpg

Kepercayaan
04-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Correcting the impossibility to see the opponent's hero when playing second.

Still bugged to me :(