PDA

View Full Version : ATI 7500

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 07:39 AM
Your videocard ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500 is not supported.
Your videocard does not support some required features ( MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4 ).
Your videocard pixel shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.
Your videocard vertex shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.

Any way to bypass this or do I have to by a new video card?
Is it possible to change my hardware configuration?

Thanks,

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 07:39 AM
Your videocard ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500 is not supported.
Your videocard does not support some required features ( MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4 ).
Your videocard pixel shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.
Your videocard vertex shader version 0000 is below the minimum requirements.

Any way to bypass this or do I have to by a new video card?
Is it possible to change my hardware configuration?

Thanks,

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 08:02 AM
Well after a great amount of experimenting I have got it to run on my Geforece 4 MX 420 card.
This is how you do it. Download 2d analyzer from http://www.tommti-systems.com

Then the setting I have used are:

Performance:
Force zbuffer

Pixel and Vertex shader:
Force Max. pixel shader version 1.4
Force low precision pixel shader
Force high precision pixel shader

Hardware Limits (cap Bits)
Tick all of the boxes

In the lower box which reads "remove stuttering" check the quality mode box.

Also beside vendorID "4098" and beside DeviceID "20040"

Then check both boxes under anit-detect.

----------------------------------------

After all this you are nearly there, click run and you should get to the menues, if all the background is white then goto options and tun special effects off and fog effects off, water effects being turned off may also help. Then the game runs pretty much fine. Hope this helps you

XyZspineZyX
12-18-2003, 08:20 AM
Well, you have to realize that you're faking to have a fully DirectX 8 compatible graphic card, which the GeForce 4 MX or the ATO 7xxx ARE NOT.

Even if the game might run this way, its graphics are not even close to the way it's supposed to be. It might even crash or be unplayable at some point, if only because you can't see some vital graphic elements.

DirectX 8/9 compatible cards aren't that expensive these days. You can get a GeForce FX5600 or a ATI 9600 for less than 120 bucks (either Euros or Dollars http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ). These cards are technically capable of running all current games and the games released in the next years (DirectX 10 isn't due for release for some time to come). They're no speed wonders though.

You might want to spend a little more (around 200-250) to get a decent card which also give you acceptable framerates in higher resolutions.