PDA

View Full Version : AC Save File Numbers.

TheHiddenBlade.
04-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm very confused about the save file locations of the AC games.
This is my situation:
I have all the AC games, but on different hard drives (C:) and (D:).

On C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft I have: AC3 and Far Cry 3.
On D:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Ubisoft I have all the other AC + Far Cry Blood Dragon.

Now every \Ubisoft has a \Ubisoft Game Launcher with these confusing numbers.

On C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames I have the numbers 4, 40, 54, 273 and 625.
On D:\Program Files (x86)\Games\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames I have the numbers 4, 40, 46, 54, 205, 273, 449, 478 and 625.

I recently 'lost' my save file of AC4 and AC Liberation HD.
What I think is that the Game Launcer launches from (C:) so it resets the games installed on (D:).
Can someone help me with this?
Does someone knows which number is which game?
Or is there another way to locate your save file.
~Flash

YazX_
04-13-2014, 01:14 PM
having two UPlay (Ubisoft game launcher) is not wise and prone to all sort of errors, so here is what to do:

1. Take a backup of all saves located in both drives.
2. Uninstall UPlay on C and D.
3. Download latest UPlay and install it on C.
4. Now you need to restore your saves from step1 into UPlay C, no need to know what folder for what game, just compare the date modified and size of the save files in each folder and copy the one with bigger size. DONT DELETE THE FOLDERS THAT YOU HAVE BACKED UP IN STEP1 UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THAT YOU RESTORED ALL SAVES.

273 is for AC4.

TheHiddenBlade.
04-13-2014, 01:31 PM
having two UPlay (Ubisoft game launcher) is not wise and prone to all sort of errors, so here is what to do:

4. Now you need to restore your saves from step1 into UPlay C, no need to know what folder for what game, just compare the date modified and size of the save files in each folder and copy the one with bigger size. DONT DELETE THE FOLDERS THAT YOU HAVE BACKED UP IN STEP1 UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THAT YOU RESTORED ALL SAVES.

273 is for AC4.

Thanks for the reply, I just uninstalled Uplay, but I cant find the Ubsoft Game Launcher/Uplay download anywhere.
www.uplay.com doesnt load either.
Do you know where to find it?

EDIT: Nevermind, while typing this reply the page loaded

EDIT EDIT: The download does not seems to work, its loading forever...

TheHiddenBlade.
04-13-2014, 01:48 PM

273 is for AC4.

Okay so I downloaded a new Uplay but its says ONLY AC4 and ACLHD arent installed...
I can just play the rest (other AC's) on my D Harddrive...
I do not understand. O_o

ANOTHER EDIT: so I just looked into my D Harddrive and AC4 + ACLHD ARE GONE, they have been deleted...
So now Im gonna install them on Harddrive C to prevent furture trouble.
What a mess. :nonchalance:

YET ANOTHER EDIT: It worked! I installed AC4 again, this time on harddrive C and my save file is back!
Thanks YAZ_H!

YazX_
04-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Okay so I downloaded a new Uplay but its says ONLY AC4 and ACLHD arent installed...
I can just play the rest (other AC's) on my D Harddrive...
I do not understand. O_o

ANOTHER EDIT: so I just looked into my D Harddrive and AC4 + ACLHD ARE GONE, they have been deleted...
So now Im gonna install them on Harddrive C to prevent furture trouble.
What a mess. :nonchalance:

YET ANOTHER EDIT: It worked! I installed AC4 again, this time on harddrive C and my save file is back!
Thanks YAZ_H!

np, enjoy xD