PDA

View Full Version : A Unique "Co Op" Opportunity

Wolfmeister1010
04-12-2014, 04:12 AM
So. we all know that one of the rumored features is AC Unity is 4 Player Co Op. Some of us think that the ability to have friends help you stealth through certain sections of the game would be a fresh feature the series needs, while others think that Co Op has no place in their single player experience.

Let's assume that there actually will be Co Op. How would you want it to work? Would you want it to be that friends could drop in as fellow assassins during certain missions? But that begs the question: who would the extra friends play as? We have rumors of Connor having a cameo. Maybe he is there for a certain number of missions, but maybe he is there in a GTA5 like way where you can switch between the two protagonists. (The other two assassins could just be nameless recruits or perhaps two other soon to be named assassins?)

Anyway, would you guys want to have a GTA5 like switching system? Personally, I would. I think it would be a cool way to make Freeroam more fun. We all saw how successful the idea was in GTA5.

But, would you want it to end there? With just the ability to switch between two characters with different weapons? Or should the switch have deeper gameplay differences? For example, maybe while playing as Arnuad, due to his smaller stature, he is weaker but faster in combat, and can run/climb faster, while when playing as Connor, you are stronger in combat, have more health, and unique weapons (bow?) due to his more burly stature. Perhaps Connor (who is characterized as "predatory, staying low to the ground", is more stealthy in the natural environments, and can crouch, while Arnuad more easily slips into the crowds and is better with social stealth.

In essence, Connor and Arnuad are the opposite. One is light, skinny, fast, European, likely with a European style of fighting, and the other is muscular, strong, and brutal in combat.

All I am saying is that the developers of Unity have had a unique opportunity to take advantage of the difference and apply it to this sort of Co Op mode. Not to mention possible real life player integration. What do you guys think?

JustPlainQuirky
04-12-2014, 04:30 AM
I want an NPC partner who follows me around and fights with me and is involved in the story.

And if I want to, I can have that npc taken over by a local or online friend.

I know local co-op is asking for much, but I still wish for it. Split screen has been neglected these days.

Wolfmeister1010
04-12-2014, 04:39 AM
There is too much going on at one time on one screen. Splitting that into half its size sould not work too well I predict.

Also lol they have had npcs who are part of the story and follow you and fighr with you since AC2.

JustPlainQuirky
04-12-2014, 04:41 AM
This is a new console generation. Unity should be able to handle it. Unless they sacrificed gameplay opportunity for graphics. :mad:

eh, I know there's more to it but I just miss split screen :(

And yeah but it would make for an easier transition if there was 1 NPC like Haytham except they're with you the entire game.

I-Like-Pie45
04-12-2014, 05:18 AM
that sounds like a pretty cool idea, WM

the only downsides are that proper implementation/development of this system could distract from other areas and the inevitable horde of GTA fanboys screaming rip-off

Kirokill
04-12-2014, 09:20 AM
I honestly would be fine with split screen locally, it's nice playing with the family.
Online co-op in the story would seem very hard to do. And might cause combat and killing trouble.

oliacr
04-12-2014, 09:30 AM
I don't know how this would work in AC. First of all no split screen. But I think a separate coop story is better than switching or what Mayrice wrote above me that I have npc partner and one of my friends can control this npc if I want to.

AherasSTRG
04-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Absolutely not. Assassin's Creed games should tell the story of one assassin. Assuming that the next game will be as long as the previous games, there only so much time to develop only one character. I do not know if you have played Splinter Cell Blacklist (if you haven't, you should), but the way they treated co-op there was excellent. You got the main story with the Engineers, starring Sam Fisher and then you had a side-story involving some nuclear warheads tackled along with his partner, Briggs. Amazing ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDI6yomSbJI

And btw, split screen sucks. (but I 'm a PC gamer anyway).

oliacr
04-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Absolutely not. Assassin's Creed games should tell the story of one assassin.

Yes, one Assassin the main character and a friend like Yusuf was in ACR and someone can take control over Yusuf if you want to.

roostersrule2
04-12-2014, 11:36 AM
The two character idea is cool, albeit not for AC, but I'm not sure co-op is for AC. Maybe in another mode like an offline death match or duels sort of thing but not in the open-world.

GunnerGalactico
04-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Co-op sounds like a good idea, but it doesn't suit AC... to me atleast.

jayjay275
04-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Cool concept, but to my knowledge it'd put limitations on the what individual people want to do in the open world. I agree that it is a really cool idea, and I wouldn't turn it down. However, I wouldn't want Co-op to affect story or the way gameplay works. It's a cool concept, but I don't think it is for AC, due the fact that AC is best known for the story of one assassin.

Locopells
04-12-2014, 07:39 PM
SC:Blacklist style, where it's a minor, separate, optional, side storyline, that doesn't impact the main one majorly, would work best, IMO.

reddragonhrcro
04-15-2014, 10:25 PM
Sure would love to see that happen.Afterall while AC was still a PoP spinoff it was supposed to have coop before it became the AC we know.