PDA

View Full Version : Connor in Unity?

ominousmartini
04-10-2014, 04:00 PM
So, like many, I found Connor to not be the most ... interesting of AC's protagonists, and had assumed we were all finished with his story. Seeing as how Unity takes place during the French Revolution, I assumed we're getting a new one. However, during my current run-through of Assassin's Creed III, the Marquis de Lafayette asks Connor if he's ever been to Paris, and says that after the American Revolution is over he would like to take him there to show him the city.
Do you guys think there's any significance in that, or was it just from friendly banter?
I personally would prefer a new Assassin ... a French one would make sense, of course ... but AC3 does make Connor a possibility.
Thoughts?

oliacr
04-10-2014, 04:14 PM
If you take the numberless title into consideration then it might be Connor. Nobody has confirmed the new Assassin with his name. Personally, I want a new protagonist but I think we need to end Connor's story. It has been said many times on this forum that Unity will feature a new Assassin, and the other one called Comet will end the Kenway line. We will see.

Sabastian_AC
04-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Oh good, another thread on this subject.

I'll just leave this (http://kotaku.com/assassins-creeds-connor-who-was-the-worst-is-done-f-1459894621) here.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-10-2014, 04:21 PM
So far, we keep hearing Arno or Arnaud, but we still don't know if that is even the protagonist's name. Some believe it's a name that Connor went around with because technically Connor isn't his real name - mostly used to blend in with the Colonists, so maybe this was a name to blend in with the French.Trust me, theres tons of speculation going on, such at the unnumbered title and that Lafayette quote. If it doesnt turn out to be Connor, then hopefully they will continue his story in another game nonetheless.

If it is... WHOOP WHOOP :p

Locopells
04-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Nothing is true, etc...

ominousmartini
04-10-2014, 04:34 PM

I'll just leave this (http://kotaku.com/assassins-creeds-connor-who-was-the-worst-is-done-f-1459894621) here.

... yeah, I said all that. I don't like Connor (you did read the post, right? You didn't just comment based on the title?) But in AC3, he gets an invite to Paris from Lafayette so it would make sense for him to be there. Now, he was so unpopular, they'll probably just have him mentioned in the story or as an NPC ... but when the next games takes place during the French Revolution and a previous Assassin has an invite to be there during it ... it's hard to ignore. Especially seeing as how he's part of the Brotherhood which I'm sure plays a big role in Paris. Popular or not, canonically speaking, he needs to be there.

Sushiglutton
04-10-2014, 04:34 PM
I would be very suprised if Connor played an important role tbh. I would be shocked if he was the protagonist. He may make some kind of cameo.

Just my two cents.

deadlyh1t
04-10-2014, 05:13 PM
I dont believe that connor will be protagonist! but we maybe see him like we saw him on Liberation, and if we do connor will be at least 33 years old and at the end of revolution 43 !

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-10-2014, 05:43 PM
I dont believe that connor will be protagonist! but we maybe see him like we saw him on Liberation, and if we do connor will be at least 33 years old and at the end of revolution 43 !

Which is why people believe that would be ideal - he was still young enough to participate in another major event.

By the way, he wasn't that unpopular - people were just so used to an Ezio character after three games, thus they didn't warm up as fast - twas a dramatic change, but the fan base has grown dramatically and accepted him.

Kirokill
04-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Let's hope they don't put em in a cameo just dying. Very unlikely but Ubisoft might do it like Des.
Although I would be fine if the game doesn't show him.

ziljn
04-10-2014, 07:58 PM

That article should be a sticky up top. Seriously.

Not happening people. Get over it.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-10-2014, 08:31 PM

No, you just can't get over the fact that Ezio's story is finished or you want another character like Ezio >_>

And thus, I post this letter:

There’s love and hate of course on each side regarding Connor which I see just about everyday, but I think it has pushed me to the point where I must say something, considering I always keep to myself and barely get involved with Internet activities. In other words, this is a very rare occasion where I will actually post/write something in response to anything misunderstood and such. Hopefully I got all the points down in one take. Basically, I like to do a ton of research on things that catch my attention and would like to know more about, not only to keep me intrigued about the topic, but also to also shed some light on those that disagree with something when they do not know the full story yet. Now, please DO NOT take this to intentionally hurt/degrade/offend anyone as I am just making some points that will hopefully make any haters reconsider their mislead thoughts about the character. I truly believe that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions, but it should not be when they barely know the backstory of the character or when they are so used to a character like Ezio.

1. “Connor isn’t much of a character or too bland.” I truly believe it’s because he was a totally different person than what you were used to from Altair and Ezio. Maybe you’re just not the type of person who can appreciate him for who he was; a real human being who put his people before anything else and tries to always do what is right. Was it because he wasn’t searching for an “outlet” as much as Ezio was in his younger years (aside from the later games that only existed because of his character development)? Or as careless and filled with undeserved pride like Altair? Don’t get me wrong: both those characters were great in their time periods (Altair was my favorite mainly because of his voice, but that changed in the other games - FAIL), but the fact is that for a real person to be introduced into a series like this lets us know that we can still have moral principles and be a badass at the same time, but it was time for a change – in my opinion, it made me think Italians were ***** all the time. >_< You only think he’s boring if you compare him to previous characters like Ezio; they lived in different time periods for goodness sake! And if you have a problem with a virgin superhero/main character as a badass, there is something wrong with you. First impressions are painful, but don’t judge a character based on the glitches either. He has lots of potential so he deserves a proper comeback. And if I had a nickel for every time Connor was compared to another character for comparison, I’d probably be rich!

And, since when did video game characters have to be recklessly violent and brutal like Kratos? Or try to be a flirt with the ladies like Leon Kennedy? But then again, I still see people who criticize him still trying to get more information about him, watching his videos, etc. Believe it or not, when I first played, I didn’t like him either, nor did I hate him, but after playing the game a few more times, as well as the side missions, it just made me keep falling in love with him all over again. To be honest, I personally think Ubisoft rushed the game (hence the amount of glitches and such?) since they did admit they were working on AC4 at the same time as AC3. They should have put more time into him as well as the game itself and then we wouldn’t have such mixed feedback about them both, but yet the fans that understood him loved him regardless and that shows in the growing fan base as well as petitions for his return. . I can't tell you how many petitions have started, and I know it will not stop here… Hint, Ubisoft?
There’s a reason why he was nominated for Character of the Year [and if the game wasn’t so buggy, he probably would have won the award too.] Not to mention the awesome acceptance speech video had he won? Furthermore, he DID win the Best Video Game Character at the Virgin Media Awards.

2. “Connor is too ignorant or too ambitious or too naïve or too rude or shows no emotion.” Were we all not like this at a point of time in our lives, specifically when we were younger? To judge a character based on these characteristics makes you just as ignorant as you claim him to be. Altair was involved because it’s his duty; Ezio was involved to get revenge; Connor was in it for finding freedom for everyone – Freedom speaks way louder than the other two on any occasion to be honest. He was doing what was right and fought not just for his people, but for anyone caught in the freedom debate.

And please consider what the guy went through: he lost his mother at a young age, betrayed by those who he helped willingly, had to kill his father and best friend, lost his mentor (and yes I will admit some teary eyes when he spoke to Achilles’ grave) and after all that, his people were evicted to the west. How was he supposed to know this would happen? I know that if there was something that could be done to save who I held dear and wanted to protect, I would make sure that I would do everything that I was humanly possible to do to ensure their protection/safety. He did eventually mature near the end, did he not? And from what I’ve seen, he clearly doesn’t like the fact that he has to lie to reduce his notoriety and even argued with Sam Adams to who really started the Battle at Lexington and Concord. Need I mention how humble he was throughout the war itself?

He has every right to be seen as maybe ungrateful or emotionless because the colonists have been stealing their land and killing his people off, not to mention he doesn’t have much experience in the western culture so how was he supposed to act around them? The Internet was not available back then so he couldn’t look it up. He was basically being neutral and staying true to his roots in the mean time, including the fact about him not liking to be touched by people. In truth, in some Native American cultures, it is considered taboo to touch or be touched by someone who is not family or someone you don’t know (Don’t get me started with Paul Revere, Sam Adams but he lightened up, George Washington came to that side). Eventually, the people he spent a lot of time with grew accustomed to this and respected this “behavior.” People also said that he was whiny and such. Wasn’t Ezio whiny at the beginning as well and then matured over time? That’s exactly what happened with Connor considering he’s of a more cultural background.

3. If and when they do make a Connor sequel, I would say:
Northwest Indian Wars (1785-1795) – This one may be an ideal event for him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwest_Indian_War
Key figures:
United States
George Washington, President of the United States
Henry Knox, Secretary of War
Josiah Harmar, general
Arthur St. Clair, governor of the Northwest Territory, major general
Anthony Wayne, major general
Timothy Pickering, diplomat, secretary of war, secretary of state
John Hardin, Colonel - killed on a peace mission at what would later become Hardin, Shelby County, Ohio.
Alexander Truman, Major - killed on a peace mission at what later became Ottawa, Ohio.
French Revolution (with Lafayette) (1789-1799)
War of 1812?

And please keep the same voice actor, Noah Watts; he did an epic job – I think he wants to pay Connor again as much as the fans do! And you know what will really please the fans? If he was involved in more than one war/event in his next game; he is that much of an ambitious person to get involved as much as he can to stop the Templars and fight for freedom.

Speaking of acting, people believe the voice acting of the Native Americans, specifically Connor, was terrible. English is not his native language and the voice actor specifically did the acting like this on purpose because when you have a second language that you will eventually need to use, but not fluent in, you will expect to speak slowly and not to the fluent speaker’s normal speech as you are still trying to formulate the words to speak. You can’t expect to be fluent in a second language when you’ve only learned it recently and such, not to mention he mainly started using it in his teenage years. Furthermore, English is the most complicated language in the world, but that’s a different story altogether.

4. Why is it every time that we ask a staff member of Ubisoft or Ubisoft directly about Connor’s return, we get mixed answers and ambiguous statements?
When asked for a AC3 sequel or two with Connor:

Alex Hutchison: It’s hard to answer that without giving spoilers… Our goal is to ship a game every year but never to develop a game in a year. So obviously there has to be some decision-making before the previous one comes out. If there’s a huge response to Connor then obviously it will fit into our future plans.

Julien Laferrière: “We’re going to see how players react to the guy [Connor] for sure. You’ll get to experience portions of his life, you’ll see why he becomes an assassin and what his motivations are. The more you know about Connor the more you’ll love him, but in the end we’ll see what the reception is like.”

Needless to say, there is; the fanbase has definitely grown by a huge margin recently.

When asked about how the fans felt about Connor:

Alex Hutchison: “We spent a lot of time working on this Assassin, trying to make someone who was compelling to people and seemed like a cool person to be. The fact that responses have been positive – we’ve already seen cosplaying and fan art – and people seem to really have adopted him, which was really satisfying.”
So what’s the problem? The fans loved him, the reaction was positive as they hoped, so why does it sound like they may be going back on their word about bringing him back?

There are many Connor supporters out there but they don’t speak up much because they have better things to do I suppose, so hopefully they will join the rest of us in being heard; we all have the right to be heard. The fan reception was huge and the company knows it, including Corey May and Alex Hutchison. I also wished they would release the survey results they had on him so we can see how strong the response from the fans were.

And yes, we do know that he was planned way before we even heard his name and such, but the fact of the matter is that when he came out and we played the game, the fans want more. I’m pretty sure Ezio’s sequels wasn’t planned after AC2 came out until the fans demanded it.

When asked about giving Connor an Ember’s ending:

Darby McDevitt: “Not at this time. Embers took 6 months to make. It was a big project, and beloved by all, but those teams are busy with other things right now. But we loved the project, so maybe we’ll go that route again one day.”

I would rather have the sequel than a movie because writing a novel is taking the easy way out.

When asked again about making Connor come back for a sequel on Reddit:

Darby McDevitt: “Not likely. We want Tumblr to pick up where we left off.”

To be honest, I found this to be a little offensive: you’re basically telling the fans to continue the story themselves (fanfiction, really?) If that was the case, we would all have our own companies and be making them ourselves, but for a company to tell us that, then why are you in business? Unfortunately in this world, if you stop or don’t give fans or customers what they want/need, you are not going to last long. If you need help creating a new story for Connor to appear in, have a contest or something where whoever submits the best story for them to use for Connor will be used for a Connor sequel. But like I said, that statement is ambiguous. Then he said something about don’t rely on us and make your own stories. Really? Isn’t that why the fans are paying for your products, to see stories properly and professional done? Need I say that you also mentioned “bringing closure is the top priority?”

He was basically sending us into loops. First, we’ll see what the fan reception is like → The fans loved him → I would love to do another Connor game → His return is not likely. Seriously? Did you not see the fan reception and you can’t even give us a straight answer?

Considering there are people constantly asking Ubisoft just about everyday about Connor to come back, with the numbers growing by the day as well, we obviously want his return, so it would be stupid to not bring him back. Heck, even Noah Watts admitted himself that he would love to reprise his role in another game.

5. I even saw this beautiful Reddit post created sometime around February/March 2014 that really spoke to a lot of people, including the “haters” (credit goes to IFeelLikeAndy):

I've never seen a more ignorant and downright one sided comment before in my entire life. Connor Kenway was one of the most well developed characters in the entirety of the Assassin's Creed Franchise. What Ubisoft did with Connor is what inspired me to want to write and gives me hope that more writers can take note of [Corey May, Matt Turner,] and their team did with Connor, Native Americans everywhere, and Assassin's Creed in general. Ubisoft's team of writers did what many in the industry are afraid of doing; They told the harsh but undeniable truth about America's history

Connor was a very stoic and troubled young man, there's no doubt about that, but its not because he's a ****, or a ****** as I've read, but because in the Mohawk tribe men and women are taught at a very young age that to show emotion is to show weakness. This is why Connor seems very stern and straightforward when talking to "the white man" and he even goes out of his way and refuses to speak with contractions so as to keep himself on a higher level than non natives. Not only that, but these are the people who have abandoned him, shunned him, taken his land his home his life, and spat on him afterwards. Oh, and when I say him I mean his people and Native Americans in all of Colonial North America.

Connor is the soul embodiment of millions of Native Americans who fought and died for what they believed knew was right, and Ubisoft did a beautiful job of expressing this. If you study Connor as a character you will see that whenever someone who is not from his tribe touches him, he will look at them and move away quickly and scornfully. However, as he spends more time in the new world he digresses from his native culture and even uses contractions when speaking, allows himself to befriend non natives, and later on he even begins to show much emotion in his voice, which is completely different from the Connor we met in the beginning of his life.

But after everything he went through he saw that what these men were doing to his people was also being done to their own men. He witnessed The Boston Massacre and saw that the world was more than he once thought, and the corruption of these people was much more than he thought. It was then that he learned to not only fight for the freedom of his people but for the freedom of all people, no matter the cost. Even if he must go at it alone, Connor had a moral obligation to help save the world around him.

Lee: "Even those men you sought to save have turned their backs on you. Yet you fight, you resist. Why?"
Connor: "Because no one else will!"

Ubisoft honored Native Americans by not making this a game about some angry red skin who goes by the name Soars With Eagles who is covered head to toe in feathers, but instead they focused on remaining true to history and truly expressing the hatred, fear, and will power of The Native Man in The New World. Ubisoft even went so far out of their way as to learn that in Mohawk Culture people do not use a name more than once and after learning this, Ubisoft had to do extensive amounts of research to find a suitable name for their new conflicted protagonist that has never before been used in recorded history. And thus, Ratonhnhaké:ton was born. Yet after all this work, Ubisoft got hurt by bringing to life the heart of the real Native American Culture instead of tarnishing it like the media enjoys doing so often. And its because of this, that I have lost a lot of hope for the culturally diverse world that I thought I was now living in.

Connor was a significantly more believable character than most people's beloved Ezio was. He saw things at a young age that scarred him for life and experienced so much that it made him into the tragic hero that is praised by few and underappreciated by many more. The only mistake Ubisoft made was not releasing Connor's Epilogue that summed up the tragic story that is his life and after ACIV is now the Kenway Family Tragedy.

All of this was not done by Connor but by a team of gifted writers who know that telling a story the way it should be told is more important than showing a blatant disregard of the harsh truth of the Native American culture.

IN CONCLUSION, if you are still not convinced that Connor is an awesome character, I strongly encourage you to play the game again, along with the side missions, and I assure you that you will most likely have a better understanding and different opinion about the character. Maybe this is one of those games where you have to play more than once to establish a deeper connection to the character. If you still can’t relate to him in some way afterwards, I have nothing else to say to you and maybe you can’t appreciate real characters in a video game like him. Therefore, I have nothing else to say to you.

GunnerGalactico
04-10-2014, 08:37 PM

Good grief! not this again. Don't do this :nonchalance:

Too late, I tried to warn you

MasterAssasin84
04-10-2014, 08:49 PM
If you take the numberless title into consideration then it might be Connor. Nobody has confirmed the new Assassin with his name. Personally, I want a new protagonist but I think we need to end Connor's story. It has been said many times on this forum that Unity will feature a new Assassin, and the other one called Comet will end the Kenway line. We will see.

And i remember the AC team last year saying that its only a numbered title if its a new hero and new setting ?

Assassin_M
04-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Oh yay, another one of these threads...

It's a stupid article..that's journalism at its worst...

ziljn
04-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Oh yay, another one of these threads...

It's a stupid article..that's journalism at its worst...

Ok, whatever. The take-home message remains... "How likely is it that Connor's story will be continued in another game in the future?" with: "Not very. We want Tumblr to pick up where we left off."Just Sticky It!

lothario-da-be
04-10-2014, 09:12 PM
OP, you must be new here...

lothario-da-be
04-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Ok, whatever. The take-home message remains... "How likely is it that Connor's story will be continued in another game in the future?" with: "Not very. We want Tumblr to pick up where we left off."

Just Sticky It!
Just like tlou was totaly not in production for ps4, they started before the ps3 version launched.

GunnerGalactico
04-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Just Sticky It!

Yeah yeah, nice to meet you too. :rolleyes:

BATISTABUS
04-10-2014, 09:43 PM
If you take the numberless title into consideration then it might be Connor.
Oh my god...I totally ****ing forgot about this. One of the devs said when explaining the "4" in "Black Flag" that the number indicated a new Assassin. Holy ****ing ****.

But then again, Liberation had "3" in it, despite being a new Assassin. Who knows.

Jexx21
04-10-2014, 11:30 PM
Ok, whatever. The take-home message remains... "How likely is it that Connor's story will be continued in another game in the future?" with: "Not very. We want Tumblr to pick up where we left off."

Just Sticky It!

that made me loose a lot of respect for Darby. He makes good stories, and I realize the comment was tongue-in-cheek, but it just feels so.. ****-ish.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-10-2014, 11:36 PM
that made me loose a lot of respect for Darby. He makes good stories, and I realize the comment was tongue-in-cheek, but it just feels so.. ****-ish.

Trust me, you're not alone, Many people found that to lie between a diss and an offensive comment =/

Assassin_M
04-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Why?? I just don't understand why it's so offensive or insulting?? I saw it as Darby giving a nice rub to tumblr by saying that they're talented enough to continue the story where Ubisoft left off..

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Why?? I just don't understand why it's so offensive or insulting?? I saw it as Darby giving a nice rub to tumblr by saying that they're talented enough to continue the story where Ubisoft left off..

Well, it's not down right disrespectful... But the fans are arguing that you’re basically telling the fans to continue the story themselves. That's like saying they paid for an incomplete story. If that was the case, we would all have our own companies and be making them ourselves, but for a company to tell us that, then why are you in business? But like I said, that statement is ambiguous. Then he said something about don’t rely on us and make your own stories. Really? Isn’t that why the fans are paying for your products, to see stories properly and professional done?

\/ And that.

Jexx21
04-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Because it's basically telling the fans that they don't care about the character enough to continue with them, so the fans should do it themselves.

Assassin_M
04-10-2014, 11:52 PM
Because it's basically telling the fans that they don't care about the character enough to continue with them, so the fans should do it themselves.
I don't see it that way at all...maybe his tone came across as....snarky but other than that, it's not implied ANYWHERE that's what he thinks.

Well, it's not down right disrespectful... But the fans are arguing that you’re basically telling the fans to continue the story themselves. That's like saying they paid for an incomplete story. If that was the case, we would all have our own companies and be making them ourselves, but for a company to tell us that, then why are you in business? But like I said, that statement is ambiguous. Then he said something about don’t rely on us and make your own stories. Really? Isn’t that why the fans are paying for your products, to see stories properly and professional done?

\/ And that.
But....that's wrong. he said they had their own story to tell for Connor (which is BS but carrying on) and they have no plans to continue it and that his fans should continue it themselves if they want...that does not imply incomplete story at all...that's what me, Sixkeys and Farlander have been talking about in that other thread
but they don't JUST work for Connor fans, they make games for everyone, if you don't like it then speak with your wallet and boycott the games that have no Connor in them..

Jexx21
04-10-2014, 11:57 PM
And yet they managed to complete Adewale's life story via his grandson?

Assassin_M
04-11-2014, 12:00 AM
And yet they managed to complete Adewale's life story via his grandson?
The question that was asked was whether or not a sequel for Connor is likely...Darby said unlikely and said tumblr should continue where they left off...Ade's story is not complete, though...there's still plenty of room for tumblr to make stories for Adewale after his adventures in Saint Domingue

Jexx21
04-11-2014, 12:02 AM
But we know he had a son, we know who the son's mother is, and we know the basics of how he died.

You want the fans to fill in the box that is the life of a character? We need all sides of the box.

TheHumanTowel
04-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Connor's story won't be complete until we know who his second nephew once removed is.

SixKeys
04-11-2014, 12:05 AM

No, it means Ubi is finished telling the story they had in mind when they wrote Connor. They're satisfied with where they ended the story and feel it would devalue the character if they tried to arbitrarily stretch it just to appease fans. *cough*Ezio*cough* If I write a book, I obviously love the characters enough to want to publish a story about them, but I can also choose to end their story at a certain point and then close that chapter in my life. It doesn't mean I won't always remember and miss those characters, but forcing myself to make up a continuation if my heart isn't really in it will not end up pleasing anyone.

Assassin_M
04-11-2014, 12:06 AM
But we know he had a son, we know who the son's mother is, and we know the basics of how he died.
still not a complete story, though xD we don't even know his son's name

You want the fans to fill in the box that is the life of a character? We need all sides of the box.
We have a lot of sides...the manor disappearing in the 19th century, Connor recruiting and training, becoming mentor, potential love interests and a bunch of other things that we can work with

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-11-2014, 12:10 AM
We're not saying to give us a Connor sequel NOW...

It's just that they us left with open ended questions with more potential to the storyline, so they would need some time to develop it of course. They haven't given a firm yes or no which is why they keep pushing to want more until they do.

Im sure fans are willing to wait - they just don't want to be traveling the rainbow and at the end it turns out to be a pot of cornflakes, if that makes sense :p

SixKeys
04-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Altaïr didn't reappear in a full game until four years after AC1. Yet many Connor fans are already flaming Darby and the rest of the team because Connor doesn't have a sequel two years after his first appearance.

Jexx21
04-11-2014, 12:15 AM
No, it means Ubi is finished telling the story they had in mind when they wrote Connor. They're satisfied with where they ended the story and feel it would devalue the character if they tried to arbitrarily stretch it just to appease fans. *cough*Ezio*cough* If I write a book, I obviously love the characters enough to want to publish a story about them, but I can also choose to end their story at a certain point and then close that chapter in my life. It doesn't mean I won't always remember and miss those characters, but forcing myself to make up a continuation if my heart isn't really in it will not end up pleasing anyone.

A lot of stories do have an epilogue of just stating where the characters are at at a much later point in their lives.

That's all I'm asking for, an epilogue.

M, the sides of the box of life I require are pretty much this:

1. Birth
2. Childhood
3. Personality
4. Job
5. Love
6. Death

We have 1-4 and are missing 5 and 6.

Assassin_M
04-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Altaïr didn't reappear in a full game until four years after AC1. Yet many Connor fans are already flaming Darby and the rest of the team because Connor doesn't have a sequel two years after his first appearance.
it's not even 2 full years yet xP

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-11-2014, 12:17 AM
it's not even 2 full years yet xP

True, but if he's the one in Unity, which I'll admit is a little doubtful, that will be a total shocker!

ze_topazio
04-11-2014, 01:40 AM
I randomnly looked at the thread title and saw Connor in Italy at first, how about that? Connor goes to Monterigionni in search of answers, but in order to open Ezio's secret library he needs the keys that for some reason are somewhere in Tunis, there he meets the love of his life, a Mohawk/British American lady that just happens to live there.

Wolfmeister1010
04-11-2014, 01:45 AM
I randomnly looked at the thread title and saw Connor in Italy at first, how about that? Connor goes to Monterigionni in search of answers, but in order to open Ezio's secret library he needs the keys that for some reason are somewhere in Tunis, there he meets the love of his life, a Mohawk/British American lady that just happens to live there.

LOL..wait are you serious? No way y=

DumbGamerTag94
04-11-2014, 02:22 AM

Actually that is false. Altaïr was featured in the DS/IOS game AC Altaïrs Cronicals(2008). And AC Boodlines for PSP (2009). AC1 was 2007. So Altaïr actually got two full canonical stories on a yearly basis after AC1. So he was featured in 3 and 1/4 games. In 4 years. It's a very poor arguement to say we didn't hear anything about him in a game for 4 years. Granted these weren't console titles but they are canon and give insight into Altaïrs story and life so that is far better than nothing. And further developed Altaïrs character and life story. So we had an Altaïr prequel and sequel by the time AC2 came out. It's definitely precident to give each protagonist closure. This isn't a thing exclusive to Ezio it was happening before Ezio. Nobody said a sequel had to be a main game. I would be fine with some closure in a liberation type game(granted a bit disappointed with that but I'd be ok with it at least we would know what happens)

Wolfmeister1010
04-11-2014, 02:38 AM

Uh AC2??? LOL. Even if it was a short cameo, it was a cameo. Not to mention the mobile game and PSP game. even though they were ****ty GAMES, they still had plenty of story to tell about him.

I don't really think Connor should have a full on sequel. Well, I wouldn't be opposed to it..IDK why, but I feel like it would be a better idea for him to be a semi-major character in a game, like Unity, where we even are supposedly able to play as him for several missions +

DumbGamerTag94
04-11-2014, 02:43 AM
Uh AC2??? LOL. Even if it was a short cameo, it was a cameo. Not to mention the mobile game and PSP game. even though they were ****ty GAMES, they still had plenty of story to tell about him.

Exactly those games were ****ty but the narrative was good. I didn't care for the gameplay or voice cast but at least we got the full story of what happened to Altaïr before and after AC1. I forgot about that little Desmond hallucination with Altaïr in AC2 lol. But I think most important is that all of this was out by 2009 and AC2. So we had a crap ton of Altaïr story in games even before ACR
I wonder if ACB and ACR weren't a result of people thinking the Altaïr games were crap. Cuz they tried doing it with Ezio with Discovery. But then it's like they decided it was a better idea to finish both stories with console games for quality reasons. IDK if that was an influence for ACR or no but it seems it would in some way effect that decision

Wolfmeister1010
04-11-2014, 03:05 AM
We did get to hear Connor's voice for 10 seconds in the PS exclusive Aveline DLC..does that count?? LOL

BATISTABUS
04-11-2014, 03:45 AM
*cough*Ezio*cough*
Except it took 3 games for Ezio to get interesting.

I agree with the rest of your post, despite really wanting to know more about Connor's story.

JustPlainQuirky
04-11-2014, 03:46 AM
Now I'm imagining Connor getting a knock off 3ds game.

Sad part is I would still buy it. Probably twice.

I-Like-Pie45
04-11-2014, 03:47 AM
You actually brought a 3DS?

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-11-2014, 03:50 AM
now i'm imagining connor getting a knock off 3ds game.

Sad part is i would still buy it. Probably twice.

They. Better. Not.

JustPlainQuirky
04-11-2014, 03:53 AM
You actually brought a 3DS?

3DS has some great games bro. kid icarus, monster hunter, animal crossing, kingdom hearts, smash bros (soon), zelda, etc. :3

better games than what Wii U and Ps4 has currently IMO. (and I own both those consoles)

GunnerGalactico
04-11-2014, 08:54 AM
It is very amusing how some people ( not necessarily in these forums ) paint this picture that Connor fans are a bunch of demanding divas. There is nothing wrong with wanting to know how his story finishes off and I do understand why Ubisoft probably do not want to make another game with him... it adds to the mystery that shrouds his character. My point of argument is that Connor is just as popular as Ezio, it kind of seems unfair that they would make 3 games with Ezio because of his reception and popularity and they would just thwart Connor aside like he never happened. I know that Ubisoft did not intend for this, it looks and sounds like they catered to the Ezio fans and don't give a damn about the Connor fans. I'm not demanding for a Connor sequel right now, I'm willing to wait patiently for it.

Farlander1991
04-11-2014, 09:02 AM
It is very amusing how some people ( not necessarily in these forums ) paint this picture that Connor fans are a bunch of demanding divas.

Aren't they, though? Come on. People get OFFENDED by Darby's statement, which is totally ridiculous. The guy says that they don't have any immediate plans with Connor, that there's lots of other things that they want to explore and that they fully endorse all fan-activity that the fans would be doing with their favourite character. It's a perfectly reasonable non-offensive creative decision, and people take that as an INSULT. That Ubi just doesn't care, that it just expects fans to complete Connor's life story for them, and lots of other BS... I'm sorry, but that alone paints Connor fans as a bunch of demanding divas, and that's not the only thing.

Speaking of life stories, btw. Connor's fans should stop equating full life stories with complete narrative stories. Connor got a complete narrative story in AC3.

jayjay275
04-11-2014, 09:13 AM
The least Ubisoft could do is a PS Exclusive Connor DLC.
Why are all Connor fans thought out to be female by the way? :o

Farlander1991
04-11-2014, 09:16 AM
The least Ubisoft could do is a PS Exclusive Connor DLC.
Why are all Connor fans thought out to be female by the way? :o

Eh, I guess it's just on this forum due to the tumblr thread, maybe? I love Connor and think he's a great character, and I'm as far from female as possible :D

jayjay275
04-11-2014, 09:53 AM
Eh, I guess it's just on this forum due to the tumblr thread, maybe? I love Connor and think he's a great character, and I'm as far from female as possible :D

Same. :P

GunnerGalactico
04-11-2014, 12:33 PM

Well, I am a female... but that does not make me a crazy fangirl. For the most part, I am always neutral when it comes to these type of debates. The only time I see red is when people deliberately say things to annoy us or start an argument. When that happens, I don't blame people for reacting and not taking it lying down. :p

Farlander1991
04-11-2014, 12:46 PM
The only time I see red is when people deliberately say things to annoy us or start an argument.

Well, in my experience a certain number of Connor fans see red when people just express their opinion. Not all, of course, but there are.

And, in a simplified manner, this is my (exaggerated and metaphorical) experience when talking with a number of Connor Fans about some Connor topics.
Connor Fan - "This burger joint insults me by not giving me cheeseburgers."
Farlander - "But they've just ran out of cheese, they can't give you cheesburgers."
Connor Fan - "Potatoes are very important in a cheeseburger, they should give cheeseburgers."
Farlander - "But the problem has nothing to do with potatoes, and what do potatoes have to do with cheeseburgers?"
Connor Fan - "The chicken is very tasty, and if you don't get that, then we have nothing to talk about."
Farlander - "WTF?!?!?!?!?!"

For the sake of respect I'm not going to point any names (not only because even though I make sarcastic fun they're still very cool people, but also because these kind of situations appear only when discussing anything Connor-related and is not representative of all interactions), but hope this gives some idea why some non-Connor Fans can get PARTICULARLY annoyed at Connor fans when discussing Connor. ;)

Wolfmeister1010
04-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Well, in my experience a certain number of Connor fans see red when people just express their opinion. Not all, of course, but there are.

And, in a simplified manner, this is my (exaggerated and metaphorical) experience when talking with a number of Connor Fans about some Connor topics.
Farlander - "But they've just ran out of cheese, they can't give you cheesburgers."
Connor Fan - "Potatoes are very important in a cheeseburger, they should give cheeseburgers."
Farlander - "But the problem has nothing to do with potatoes, and what do potatoes have to do with cheeseburgers?"
Connor Fan - "The chicken is very tasty, and if you don't get that, then we have nothing to talk about."

For the sake of respect I'm not going to point any names (not only because even though I make sarcastic fun they're still very cool people, but also because these kind of situations appear only when discussing anything Connor-related and is not representative of all interactions), but hope this gives some idea why some non-Connor Fans can get PARTICULARLY annoyed at Connor fans when discussing Connor. ;)

I am a Connor fan. I try not to get involved in the angry arguments. But I have to get involved now.

This is the best post I have ever had the pleasure of reading before. Thank you.

P.S I wonder who the potato is supposed to represent :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
04-11-2014, 01:25 PM

I get what you are saying :)

I was always under the impression when Connor fans like myself are casually discussing ideas regarding a possible sequel... we are just talking among ourselves. We weren't trying annoy people. We try best as possible to stay out of the way and not bother people. I'm also not a huge fan of derailing threads.

BATISTABUS
04-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Farlander - "But the problem has nothing to do with potatoes
I beg to differ.

Jexx21
04-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Aren't they, though? Come on. People get OFFENDED by Darby's statement, which is totally ridiculous. The guy says that they don't have any immediate plans with Connor, that there's lots of other things that they want to explore and that they fully endorse all fan-activity that the fans would be doing with their favourite character. It's a perfectly reasonable non-offensive creative decision, and people take that as an INSULT. That Ubi just doesn't care, that it just expects fans to complete Connor's life story for them, and lots of other BS... I'm sorry, but that alone paints Connor fans as a bunch of demanding divas, and that's not the only thing.

Speaking of life stories, btw. Connor's fans should stop equating full life stories with complete narrative stories. Connor got a complete narrative story in AC3.

His statement was practically an insult in my eyes, but I'm not asking for anything that they can't provide for practically free.
I mean hell, I would take an AC Initiates arc by his ****ing grandson gladly.

TheArcaneEagle
04-11-2014, 04:12 PM
I beg to differ.

I'll do the honours: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/772319-Connor-is-a-potato-Forums

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-11-2014, 04:13 PM

Heh, reading this first thing in the morning made me laugh. :P

I'm a female too, but not a hardcore, die hard fan like the Tumblr girls - not that theres anything wrong with that ^_^

I'll do the honours: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/772319-Connor-is-a-potato-Forums

Lol I read that before, twas... interestingly funny

Mr.GoodKall
04-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Im also not too big on Connor and I do prefer a new assassin, but I wouldn't mind if he made a appearance once or twice. Itll make it more interesting

Sushiglutton
04-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Maybe his head could be on a pike, next to one of the guillotines, as an easter egg for the fans to find :confused:

I'm a bad human being :(

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Maybe his head could be on a pike, next to one of the guillotines, as an easter egg for the fans to find :confused:

I'm a bad human being :(

...And that was the last time we ever heard from Sushiglutton XD

Sushiglutton
04-11-2014, 06:06 PM
...And that was the last time we ever heard from Sushiglutton XD

Haha I hear the sound of a million feet marching my way :p

Jexx21
04-11-2014, 06:09 PM
but what about Eseosa?

Pretty sure Eseosa knows French.

Is that how Freedom Cry hinted at the setting of the next AC game? By introducing Saint Dominique, a primarily French plantation town, and the mother of his child who was the father of his grandson who played a large part in the Haitian Revolution which had help from Napolean?

DumbGamerTag94
04-11-2014, 06:14 PM
but what about Eseosa?

Pretty sure Eseosa knows French.

Is that how Freedom Cry hinted at the setting of the next AC game? By introducing Saint Dominique, a primarily French plantation town, and the mother of his child who was the father of his grandson who played a large part in the Haitian Revolution which had help from Napolean?
Actually I'm pretty sure Napoleon was the leader the Haitians were fighting against. Napoleon was just too busy with wars in Europe that he was willing to give up Haiti if it would have tied down too many of his troops to hold it

Jexx21
04-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Actually the leader of the French Revolution became a French general (who acquired the nickname "The Black Napoleon,"), but yea, eventually they did fight against Napolean after Napolean took their leader away and locked him up.

HDinHB
04-12-2014, 01:28 AM
P.S I wonder who the potato is supposed to represent :rolleyes:

As Freud said, sometimes a potato is just a potato.