PDA

View Full Version : Some Things To Anticipate

Wolfmeister1010
04-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Just a few things that I believe will be in the game based on the location and time period. God I am really really tired right now. Add some of the things you THINK will be in the game, not HOPE.

1. Nicholas Flemel

Since we’re still in speculation mode, fans over on reddit’s Assassin’s Creed subreddit are speculating that the legendary Nicholas Flamel may be making an appearance in the upcoming game. Granted, Flemel lived in Paris sometime during the 14th and 15th centuries rather than the 18th century, in which Unity takes place, so he’d either have to be very old by the time we meet up with him, or we’ll encounter his relics and manuscripts instead.

It is likely that this will be kinda like the Lair of Romulus, in which we have to do missions to discover more about the famous historical character and uncover their secret/treasure.

2. Underground OR Assassin Tombs.

You may or may not know that Paris has one of the most extensive underground catacomb systems in Europe. What this could mean is we may have a return of some sort of AC3 style underground exploration system (Which I thought was kinda well done, the puzzles were good and it was spooky), or these underground locations could be the setting of some assassin tomb/romulus type missions (Romulus missions took place underneath Rome). Maybe both. But..you can certainly expect Paris' famous catacombs (voted one of the creepiest places on earth) to be featured in one way or another.

3. If Amancio is Creative Director again, it may be possible that some of the favorite features from Revelations might return again, such as stalkers and zip lines. However, I do not think the hook blade will return, and he publicly expressed his sorrow for the den defense stuff so I don't think that will return either And, considering that Amancio had only about a year and a half to 2 years to make Revelations, which wasn't even supposed to happen (That is why the story, both past and present, did not offer anything important to the franchise), he has much more time this time around, and this game will be the AC with most development time, about 4 years by release. So, we can EXPECT that..that maybe he will do better lol.

I don't know, I can't really think of anything else. And history buffs out there? What characters do you think we will likely meet. Anyone you think might be the next Leonardo? Ben Franklin, who was basically in Paris for most of his life, especially during the later 18th century, might return and help in some way? Who knows? I know I certainly don't.

jayjay275
04-09-2014, 01:01 PM
I think there will be improved social stealth, but not improved parkour (I hope I'm wrong though, we need a better parkour and free-run system and Ashraf again).

Locopells
04-09-2014, 01:09 PM
The Philosopher's Stone as a POE? Now there's a thought...

Love the idea of a combination of ACIII's underground, and ACII's tombs. That would work quite well.

Ben Franklin may well help a bit, but we still have the problem that he didn't invent much useful to assassination. It would have to be some secret invention that was never made public. There's no record of Leo making a hidden blade after all...

Stalkers, hell yes - how the heck I haven't had a heart attack when I've been jumped without warning... Zip lines would be nice, but not sure how they would work in a Parisian setting.

Shahkulu101
04-09-2014, 01:34 PM
Amancio had 10 months.

He also gave birth to The Lost Archive DLC - and so should not be trusted.

Ah, just kidding. Mistakes can be rectified, I'm not too worried honestly. I just love to ridicule others - kinda my forte.

Wolfmeister1010
04-09-2014, 02:07 PM
10 months?? That is NOTHING. Lol with that amount of time..ACR was a masterpiece if it was made in 10 months.

I-Like-Pie45
04-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Maybe we can meet Thomas Jefferson

he was in France right before the Revolution

I don't know what he would do though

Shahkulu101
04-09-2014, 02:23 PM
10 months?? That is NOTHING. Lol with that amount of time..ACR was a masterpiece if it was made in 10 months.

Well...development was aided by everyone from Ubi Montreal, to Ubi Shanghai, to Ubi Timbuktu (which is actually a city - I couldn't believe it - not a ubi studio though) so not as big a feat as you may think. Still though, to get a game like that up and running is an accomplishment. For all it's flaws in design, it was actually pretty polished. Up there with BH and BF.

oliacr
04-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Hookblade won't be returned unless the protagonist steals it from a Turkish man. Because it was used by the Turkish Brotherhood. Anyways I liked that weapon so why not. Stalkers again should be included. Assassin Tombs filled with treasure and Armors. Gotta like those.

I don't know how many months they had back then. But I'm sure they had 12 at the most. They started to say from AC3 that their upcoming game is at least 2 or even 3 years in development. I still consider ACR the best though. :)

Ureh
04-09-2014, 04:28 PM
@oliacr Ezio probably did take one (maybe more) back to Italy so maybe the schematics were eventually shared with all assassins?
---
Ben Frank collectibles could work. If he really was dating a ton of women then maybe we can find cartoons/drawings of them.

oliacr
04-09-2014, 06:03 PM
@oliacr Ezio probably did take one (maybe more) back to Italy so maybe the schematics were eventually shared with all assassins?
---
Ben Frank collectibles could work. If he really was dating a ton of women then maybe we can find cartoons/drawings of them.
Perhaps. I would like it.

RatonhnhakeFan
04-09-2014, 06:08 PM
I would love to see a return of the underground, like in AC3. Especially in Parisian context, it practically begs for it. A lot of people didn't like it, but I though it had a ton of great ideas, there were puzzles there, platforming. The only bad part was that it just took too long to uncover entire thing so there should be some visual clues implemented to speed up the process of uncovering the labirynth. And maybe not make ground fast-travel points as much dependable on underground.

And in the next gen context, wouldn't it be amazing if the underground-above-ground transition was seameless? You just go down and can get back up in other part of the city seemleasly., run to underground to escape guards

Sushiglutton
04-09-2014, 06:31 PM
1) Never heard of him even though I have read 3 books he apparently is in lol. My memory.... Anyway sounds like the kind of fella there could easily be references to in an AC game. Another personality I hope will be in the game is Marquis de Sade (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquis_de_Sade).

2) The underground in AC3 was laughably bad, except it was so boring so I didn't laugh anyway. Walking slowly in a tight corridor is exactly what I do not want to do in an AC game. The puzzles were very poor. Tombs however I really love. If your other thread about horizontal freerunning turns out to be correct I think that would reinvigorate the tombs (they would basically become mini-PoP sections).

3) Zip-lines should be included in every single game ever (and I mean every game, not just AC). It's simple fun, but I just love it lol. Have never had a dull zip-line experience ever. What I really liked about Revelation was that all the timelines felt so connected. Hope Amancio brings some of that. It's also clear he genuinely wanted to bring new stuff to the franchise. Not everything was that succcesful, but I hope he will be as ambitious this time too. I think he learnt after Revelation that the content needs to be somewhat consistent with the style of game AC is (at least I did).

Mr_Shade
04-09-2014, 06:38 PM
I want giant robot spiders.. Games are always more fun with those!

oliacr
04-09-2014, 07:20 PM
I want giant robot spiders.. Games are always more fun with those!
and here comes Spiderman ....

LoyalACFan
04-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Personally, I thought the hookblade was cheesy and I don't want a bunch of ziplines clogging up my beautiful Parisian skyline, so I hope it doesn't come back. Just my two cents' worth. A guillotineblade would be epic though :p

I actually have an idea for Nicholas Flamel, and a pretty cool one IMO :cool: Maybe he was a Sage, and in his job as a scrivener poring over ancient manuscripts he stumbled across the writings of other Sages, Assassins, and Templars, and through these writings he found his way to a lost Piece of Eden. Then, through a lifetime of tinkering and experimentation with his POE (maybe the Shroud, since the Ankh would be kind of out of place in Paris) he found a way to artificially extend his life for centuries, hoping to live long enough to aid Juno in her resurrection. This provides the impetus for us to enter the Animus in the present, because although official records state that he died in the 1400s, we as Assassins (or Templars) know otherwise. He was last seen in Paris in the 1790s and was known to be in contact with Assassins before he disappeared without a trace. So we're revisiting Arno in the hopes that he saw what happened to Flamel, because if he survived into the 21st century and he's in hiding somewhere, we'll need to hunt him down and assassinate him before he can help Juno.

GunnerGalactico
04-09-2014, 09:01 PM
Personally, I thought the hookblade was cheesy and I don't want a bunch of ziplines clogging up my beautiful Parisian skyline, so I hope it doesn't come back. Just my two cents' worth. A guillotineblade would be epic though :p

I actually have an idea for Nicholas Flamel, and a pretty cool one IMO :cool: Maybe he was a Sage, and in his job as a scrivener poring over ancient manuscripts he stumbled across the writings of other Sages, Assassins, and Templars, and through these writings he found his way to a lost Piece of Eden. Then, through a lifetime of tinkering and experimentation with his POE (maybe the Shroud, since the Ankh would be kind of out of place in Paris) he found a way to artificially extend his life for centuries, hoping to live long enough to aid Juno in her resurrection. This provides the impetus for us to enter the Animus in the present, because although official records state that he died in the 1400s, we as Assassins (or Templars) know otherwise. He was last seen in Paris in the 1790s and was known to be in contact with Assassins before he disappeared without a trace. So we're revisiting Arno in the hopes that he saw what happened to Flamel, because if he survived into the 21st century and he's in hiding somewhere, we'll need to hunt him down and assassinate him before he can help Juno.

^^ Hey now... that's an idea ;)

oliacr
04-09-2014, 09:03 PM

He died in 1418. So how he could have been seen in the 1790s? Pointless IMO. Magical stuff- connected to POE and such things. Just no. No offense though. If it wasn't Assassin's Creed I would accept that.

LoyalACFan
04-09-2014, 09:36 PM
He died in 1418. So how he could have been seen in the 1790s? Pointless IMO. Magical stuff- connected to POE and such things. Just no. No offense though. If it wasn't Assassin's Creed I would accept that.

I'm not sure I understand you. Magical stuff already is connected to POE's in Assassin's Creed, and we've already got two POE's specifically for the purpose of resurrecting the dead/dying. Whether you like my idea or not, it's fine, I'm not offended, but it's not exactly outside the realm of possibilities for AC. Flamel could have had a Shroud, an Ankh, or an entirely new POE that kept him alive that long.

Wolfmeister1010
04-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Uh..hey guys? Found this site that said that after the teaser video, a new internal demo was leaked, and was pulled from youtube due to copyright claim.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/digital-life/games/blogs/screenplay/this-years-assassins-creed-revealed-in-leaked-video-20140410-36e41.html

Anyone know anything about this??

LoyalACFan
04-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Uh..hey guys? Found this site that said that after the teaser video, a new internal demo was leaked, and was pulled from youtube due to copyright claim.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/digital-life/games/blogs/screenplay/this-years-assassins-creed-revealed-in-leaked-video-20140410-36e41.html

Anyone know anything about this??

Are they talking about that "Arno has a ponytail" screen?

Wolfmeister1010
04-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Are they talking about that "Arno has a ponytail" screen?

I don't think so..They said "an internal demo somehow was released into the wild" and was taken down from youtube by copyright claim from UBisoft

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-09-2014, 11:45 PM
I don't think so..They said "an internal demo somehow was released into the wild" and was taken down from youtube by copyright claim from UBisoft

A demo this early after the trailer? Highly doubtful. I smell trolling afoot.

LoyalACFan
04-10-2014, 01:00 AM

Well, there was some speculation that the ponytail screen was from an internal demo though. Like a target footage/pre-viz type of thing.

A demo this early after the trailer? Highly doubtful. I smell trolling afoot.

It's pretty believable, actually. Keep in mind, it wouldn't be a full, polished walkthrough like an E3 presentation, but rather something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je-5qCMzaH8

If Unity has been in development as long as they say it has, then those types of videos have been around for at least a year. For internal Ubisoft use only, of course.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-10-2014, 01:10 AM
It's pretty believable, actually. Keep in mind, it wouldn't be a full, polished walkthrough like an E3 presentation, but rather something like this.

If Unity has been in development as long as they say it has, then those types of videos have been around for at least a year. For internal Ubisoft use only, of course.

Ah, a major difference indeed, but I still thought it was pretty early...

LoyalACFan
04-10-2014, 01:43 AM
Ah, a major difference indeed, but I still thought it was pretty early...

Early to be released to the public, absolutely. So yeah, I'm a bit skeptical, since most leaks are things that are about to be released anyway. But who knows, Ubisoft leaks like a sieve all the time.

HDinHB
04-10-2014, 01:46 AM
I think that article is about the "ponytail" pic. Most of the articles with the screenshot say it was captured from a video released on youtube that was later taken down by a copyright claim from Ubisoft. The "internal demo" description probably got added in during the last week, or by the Canberra Times blogger himself. If there was another youtube video that Ubisoft pulled, I'm sure we'd all be talking about it already. Then again, it is tomorrow in Australia, so maybe this is really new news and not week old news.

I hope you are right that the tombs/lairs make a reappearance. The underground was okay, but it didn't anything approaching have the grand scale of the tombs/lairs. That, combined with the easier free running of AC3 made them an inadequate substitute. If I don't fall to my death inside Notre Dame at least once, I'll be sorely disappointed.

I think we might see our friend Lafayette again, possibly with Thomas Jefferson. No doubt Lafayette will remember his friend Connor when he meets the new Assassin Arnaud .

Marie Tussaud will make wax figures and/or death masks of our main targets, and Arnaud will rescue her from the guillotine. She may have played a bigger role than history tells (within the limits of defamation litigation--if she is in the game, she might be the first AC character with modern day corporate lawyers).

I expect the Marquis de Sade will also make an appearance. It will be interesting how Ubisoft portrays him and how big a part they have him play.

jayjay275
04-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Well, there was some speculation that the ponytail screen was from an internal demo though. Like a target footage/pre-viz type of thing.

That video was awesome. Shame a lot of that was removed from the final game. :/

Locopells
04-10-2014, 02:24 PM
and here comes Spiderman ....

That or Will Smith...

Marie Tussaud will make wax figures and/or death masks of our main targets, and Arnaud will rescue her from the guillotine. She may have played a bigger role than history tells (within the limits of defamation litigation--if she is in the game, she might be the first AC character with modern day corporate lawyers).

Hah!

oliacr
04-10-2014, 03:35 PM
I've never seen that pre-production video, thanks for sharing its very interesting how they started and what it has become.

Wolfmeister1010
04-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Also..has Marseille been mentioned in any of the leaks or rumors or "airplane/Reddit" leaks? Second largest city in France, and is essentially French Acre. It has giant cathedral in the middle, Mediterranean climate, misty, right next to ocean on rocky cliffs..would be awesome.

The rumors from what I remember say two cities, Paris and London..although it is hard to imagine that Marseille, an extremely important location in the French Revolution, would be left out. But then again, Philly was left out of AC3..soo...

I assume that Versailles as a city will not be entirely explorable, but rather the palace itself.

ze_topazio
04-11-2014, 01:50 AM
I will rage if Marseille is not in the game.

I don't think Versailles was very large at the time of the Revolution.

I-Like-Pie45
04-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Marseilles and Versailles will both not be available due to technical difficulties. Sorry!

ze_topazio
04-11-2014, 01:59 AM
Maybe in the sequel, Assassin's Creed Rebrotherhood.

I-Like-Pie45
04-11-2014, 02:05 AM
Assassinations will also be removed because they were an aesthetic part of previous games that no longer fit in the Assassin's Creed Unity universe.

Wolfmeister1010
04-11-2014, 02:36 AM
I will rage if Marseille is not in the game.

I don't think Versailles was very large at the time of the Revolution.

It wasn't. The palace was there, but the city itself had yet to be built around it to the extent that it is today. There was still a town, sure, but definitely not anything close to Paris or Marseille.

We have two cities, and other smaller locations. Paris is one, and London is very very likely the other because of what the leak guy said..and we already know that he has credibility. So..I don't really know..I would assume The palace of Versailles is one of those smaller locations, but Marseille..IDK

I-Like-Pie45
04-11-2014, 03:48 AM
What if this is all some elaborate set-up?

That Unity is just a cover-up, and that the FR is not the real setting

LoyalACFan
04-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Paris is one, and London is very very likely the other because of what the leak guy said..and we already know that he has credibility.

Just throwing this out there... Just because the leaker has some credibility doesn't mean he got EVERYTHING right. Remember the guy who leaked Black Flag? He got the name, setting, and character right, but he also said it had two-player co-op with a famous Scottish pirate. So yeah, the Unity leaker has gotten a few things right so far, but I wouldn't call him infallible.

In any case, I have a hard time believing that they would include London over Marseille in a French Revolution game.

Wolfmeister1010
04-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Can we anticipate a Unity announcement at Pax East? These kinds of surprise announcements have happened before...

Wolfmeister1010
04-11-2014, 12:47 PM
Just throwing this out there... Just because the leaker has some credibility doesn't mean he got EVERYTHING right. Remember the guy who leaked Black Flag? He got the name, setting, and character right, but he also said it had two-player co-op with a famous Scottish pirate. So yeah, the Unity leaker has gotten a few things right so far, but I wouldn't call him infallible.

In any case, I have a hard time believing that they would include London over Marseille in a French Revolution game.

Yeah, but getting one of the two major city locations wrong is a BIG thing to get wrong. That co op thing could have just been a scrapped feature.

jayjay275
04-11-2014, 01:13 PM
Isn't PAX East today? If so maybe, but unlikely; I'm predicting more Watch_Dogs.

oliacr
04-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Isn't PAX East today? If so maybe, but unlikely; I'm predicting more Watch_Dogs.

I would be grateful if they could reveal something more about the game, few screenshots, trailer, anything.

Wolfmeister1010
04-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Sometime soon we are gonna have a "day of Unity" where we have a trailer, interview, and a few screens

bveUSbve
04-12-2014, 06:48 AM
The Zip-lines in 'Revelations' diminished the city's visual appeal, and their build and omni-presence didn't make any sense. In a city like Paris these flaws would be even more severe.
Give me a glider or parachutes over silly zip-lines any time - though those too weren't entirely believable, Da Vinci being a genius or not ... ;) But maybe we will encounter a Mongolfière. That would make sense.

king-hailz
04-12-2014, 01:30 PM
OK you can say what you want about Ben franklin and those lot but remember that leonardo davinci spent the last year's of his life in France and maybe he left a special invention that nobody had seen before for an assassin... Most likely arno... Also the Mona Lisa was put up in a museum in Paris maybe Arno will see something important if he uses his eagle vision!!!

oliacr
04-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Sometime soon we are gonna have a "day of Unity" where we have a trailer, interview, and a few screens

I hope that it will occur in this month.

Locopells
04-12-2014, 07:36 PM
The Zip-lines in 'Revelations' diminished the city's visual appeal, and their build and omni-presence didn't make any sense. In a city like Paris these flaws would be even more severe.
Give me a glider or parachutes over silly zip-lines any time - though those too weren't entirely believable, Da Vinci being a genius or not ... ;) But maybe we will encounter a Mongolfière. That would make sense.

The parachutes certainly work just as well - and they are an actual DV invention, I think someone even tested them once.

OK you can say what you want about Ben franklin and those lot but remember that leonardo davinci spent the last year's of his life in France and maybe he left a special invention that nobody had seen before for an assassin... Most likely arno... Also the Mona Lisa was put up in a museum in Paris maybe Arno will see something important if he uses his eagle vision!!!

Easter Egg message from Ezio! Bit like the Dr Who story where ML ends up with 'THIS IS A FAKE' scrawled in felt tip, underneath the paint...

Wolfmeister1010
04-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Any of you guys think they might do a surprise announcement?

They said that they have two booths, one for crew and one for WD, but that they will also be doing "stage presentations". Hmm?

I-Like-Pie45
04-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Maybe its Prince of Persia 2008 2

deskp
04-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Any of you guys think they might do a surprise announcement?

They said that they have two booths, one for crew and one for WD, but that they will also be doing "stage presentations". Hmm?

Stage presentations is bascically playing a demo over and over in their booth all day. Not some e3 style announcement press confrence thing.

LoyalACFan
04-13-2014, 10:41 AM

I feel like it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't at least touch on Leonardo's presence in Paris. It doesn't have to be a main plot point or anything, but it would be a perfect tie-in for the tomb/lair/Kidd-style missions. Hell, our final unlockable could be some kind of armor/weapon he invented late in his life.

TheArcaneEagle
04-13-2014, 10:59 AM
I feel like it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't at least touch on Leonardo's presence in Paris. It doesn't have to be a main plot point or anything, but it would be a perfect tie-in for the tomb/lair/Kidd-style missions. Hell, our final unlockable could be some kind of armor/weapon he invented late in his life.

Or the ability to fly Leonardo's fly machine in Paris. Imagine that.

Locopells
04-13-2014, 12:17 PM
That...would be cool. At he very least, we gotta get a rope swing!

Sushiglutton
04-13-2014, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=LoyalACFan;9909710] and I don't want a bunch of ziplines clogging up my beautiful Parisian skyline, /QUOTE]

You have a point there. My zip-line-enthusiasm lessesn a bit lol. It's still a fun mechanic to me though, but should probably only be used in some specific locations, like tombs and such.

MasterAssasin84
04-13-2014, 05:00 PM
I actually think that the Catacombs which run underneath paris will play and integral part in terms of navigation but i have also been arousing with the possibility that the Moravian movement could be potentially be part of the conspiracy this time round .

Of course this is purely Hypothetical but the Moravian's it was said that they used the catacombs underneath Paris to perform sacrilegious rituals, they also founded influential missions in the British colonies and New York and Boston.

The designer or sculptor of the Statue of Liberty was an avid supporter of the American Civil war and the Statue pays homage to a Pagan Godess cllled Diana from whom was worship figure of the Moravian Movement.

It all fits in as the designer was a ranking member of Parasian masonic order.

THE STATUE OF LIBERTY
http://freemasonrywatch.org/pics/statue-of-liberty-full.jpgThe Statue of Liberty in New York harbour was presented in 1884 as a gift from the French Grand Orient Temple Masons to the Masons of America in celebration of the centenary of the first Masonic Republic.
She is holding the Masonic "Torch of Enlightenment". Also referred to back in the 1700's by the Illuminati Masons as the "Flaming Torch of Reason". The Torch represents the "Sun" in the sky.
The Statue of Liberty's official title is, "Liberty Enlightening the World".
The cornerstone of the statue records how it was laid in a Masonic ceremony (see plaque photo above).
THE TORCH SYMBOL
Illuminati means to "bare light" one way to symbolize this is by carrying a torch. A torch sits on top of the Statue of Liberty, on top of JFK's grave, and on top of the tunnel where Princess Diana was killed.
Best selling author, Robert Bauval:
"The cornerstone for the Statue of Liberty was placed in a solemn ceremony in 1884 organised by the Masonic lodges of New York.
The Statue of Liberty, which was designed by the French sculptor Bartholdi and actually built by the French Engineer, Gustave Eiffel (both well-known Freemasons), was not originally a ‘Statue of Liberty’ at all, but first planned by Bartholdi for the opening of the Suez Canal in Egypt in 1867.
Bartholdi, like many French Freemasons of his time, was deeply steeped in ‘Egyptian’ rituals, and it has often been said that he conceived the original statue as an effigy of the goddess Isis, and only later converted it to a ‘Statue of Liberty’ for New York harbour when it was rejected for the Suez Canal."
The goddess Isis is known by many names, including Juno.
http://freemasonrywatch.org/pics/liberty-is-juno.jpgAbove: Roman Godess Juno 735 B.C. (wife of Zeus)

Ureh
04-13-2014, 05:26 PM
@MasterAssassin84 Yeah there was a statue of a twcb holding a torch in the Toba video right? And she might've also appeared in The Fall too.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121017144853/assassinscreed/images/0/0f/Capotiline_Triad_with_Orelov.jpg

MasterAssasin84
04-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Exactly !! this is one of the many reasons that i have always wanted the French revolution and particularly Paris with its Masonic connections but i absolutely agree there is a valid link between the Goddess Diana and TWCB .

I may be thinking out the box here but could the remains underneath the catacombs be remnants of the precursor race ? is there something in Paris that Juno is looking for to complete the process of her reincarnation that is connected to the sacrilegious rituals of the Morivian priests ?

Locopells
04-14-2014, 11:00 AM
That might work - would also give a macguffin for the modern day protagonist as well...

MasterAssasin84
04-14-2014, 01:50 PM
That might work - would also give a macguffin for the modern day protagonist as well...

Assassins Creed unity has the upmost potential to delve into TWCB in more detail than previous AC games ! its one thing Fighting the templars during one of the coolest periods of history but as France more so Paris has extreme links to Masonic orders there is also the element of symbolic architecture which is avid porn to the commited conspiracy theorist.

Ubisoft need to use this opportunity really reflect this .

oliacr
04-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Assassins Creed unity has the upmost potential to delve into TWCB in more detail than previous AC games ! Ubisoft need to use this opportunity really reflect this .
Just no, please.

MasterAssasin84
04-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Just no, please.

Why not exactly ? i mean your entitled to your opinion but would you not want to see an Assassins Creed heavily focusing on the first civilisation and the origins of the ancient war between the Assassins and the templars.

Megas_Doux
04-15-2014, 12:18 AM
Robespierre and our protagonist will be friends, they will meet at the Jacobin Club. In the beginning they certainly agree that the "Ancien Regime´s" time has come to an end. However they will grow apart due Robespierre´s increasing madness, and the neverending terror unleashed. Behind everything, lies the "Supreme being" and its rabid followers, a cult that wants, above all, to impose "virtue....Could be our "old friend" Juno the center of it?????

I think so.

I-Like-Pie45
04-15-2014, 02:27 AM
some feet outfits

AdamPearce
04-15-2014, 04:06 AM
If Amancio is Creative Director again,

What ? How is this even a possibility ?! I thought everybody agreed to blacklist the guy ?!

I really hope this is just some random leaked BS someone posted as a joke !

Edit: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/alexandre-amancio/2/b4/225

http://24.media.tumblr.com/08a876cf94dceef6fbb7a60a77305263/tumblr_mpqdys491D1sxhm3jo1_400.gif

LoyalACFan
04-15-2014, 05:46 PM
What ? How is this even a possibility ?! I thought everybody agreed to blacklist the guy ?!

I really hope this is just some random leaked BS someone posted as a joke !

Edit: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/alexandre-amancio/2/b4/225

http://24.media.tumblr.com/08a876cf94dceef6fbb7a60a77305263/tumblr_mpqdys491D1sxhm3jo1_400.gif

I doubt he's working on Unity, but he might be working on Comet.

Sushiglutton
04-15-2014, 05:50 PM
I doubt he's working on Unity, but he might be working on Comet.

His linkedin says Unity explicitly though.

Wolfmeister1010
04-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Jesus christ, not this again..

He had a YEAR AND A HALF to make a game that wasn't supposed to exist, under the guidelines to create a story that DIDN'T AFFECT ANYTHING (because the game wasn't supposed to happen) and made a bad call with the den defense. Had he more time, he could have followed through on the random encounters, and adding new features/assets.

For a game that was made in a year and a half, it was a *******ed masterpiece. So please, let's all not just throw in the towel just yet on this game, JUST because he is the creative director.

P.S. He didn't even start out creative director. He joined the dev team in July 2012, so by then the game had already been WELL into its development stage, with most of the game and its features likely mapped out by then.

Shahkulu101
04-15-2014, 06:07 PM

He had a YEAR AND A HALF to make a game that wasn't supposed to exist, under the guidelines to create a story that DIDN'T AFFECT ANYTHING (because the game wasn't supposed to happen) and made a bad call with the den defense. Had he more time, he could have followed through on the random encounters, and adding new features/assets.

For a game that was made in a year and a half, it was a *******ed masterpiece. So please, let's all not just throw in the towel just yet on this game, JUST because he is the creative director.

P.S. He didn't even start out creative director. He joined the dev team in July 2012, so by then the game had already been WELL into its development stage, with most of the game and its features likely mapped out by then.

You mean July 2011? And AC: Rev was made in 10 months - unless I'm wrong. Which I doubt.

LoyalACFan
04-15-2014, 06:12 PM

I just don't like his creative approach. ACR was very cartoony and setpiece-oriented. I hated the new over-the-top sword animations so much that I used nothing but a knife, and that parachute hang-gliding scene still gives me nightmares. Plus, I just hold a grudge against him for tacking on a heap of unnecessary features instead of addressing the issues with core gameplay. Had they not spent so much time and resources on building stupid new features from the ground up (i.e. Desmond block puzzles, den defense, bombcrafting) I feel that ACR could have been much, much better than it was. It was an amazing game considering how short the dev period was, but the good stuff was all inherited from ACB (sans Darby's writing, which saved the game IMO). And I will never, ever, EVER forgive him for The Lost Archive. That was a disgrace.

If he really didn't sign on until 2012, then some of my fears are unfounded, since as you say, the game was well underway by then. Slightly off-topic, but I really hope they got Jonathan Cooper back as animation director, because AC3's animations were the best I've ever seen in gaming hands-down, while ACR's were lame.

His linkedin says Unity explicitly though.

I stand corrected then.

Shahkulu101
04-15-2014, 06:16 PM
^ The game was released in 2011. He could not have joined in 2012. Also, Jonathan Cooper has been hired by Naught Dog I'm afraid.

LoyalACFan
04-15-2014, 06:29 PM
^ The game was released in 2011. He could not have joined in 2012. Also, Jonathan Cooper has been hired by Naught Dog I'm afraid.

Think she meant he joined the Unity team in 2012. As for Cooper, eh... At least they have his AC3 work as a blueprint for future AC games. I'm glad ND has him now though, because if there was one thing I didn't like about TLOU it was the stiffness of the animations.

Shahkulu101
04-15-2014, 06:35 PM
Oh I apologise to you and Wolf for that. And yes, Johnny Cooper's magnificent Scottish legacy shall live on in future games. Good luck to him at ND, glad we can enjoy his work on games that are actually good (referring specifically to AC3 here).

Wolfmeister1010
04-15-2014, 07:29 PM
I just don't like his creative approach. ACR was very cartoony and setpiece-oriented. I hated the new over-the-top sword animations so much that I used nothing but a knife, and that parachute hang-gliding scene still gives me nightmares. Plus, I just hold a grudge against him for tacking on a heap of unnecessary features instead of addressing the issues with core gameplay. Had they not spent so much time and resources on building stupid new features from the ground up (i.e. Desmond block puzzles, den defense, bombcrafting) I feel that ACR could have been much, much better than it was. It was an amazing game considering how short the dev period was, but the good stuff was all inherited from ACB (sans Darby's writing, which saved the game IMO). And I will never, ever, EVER forgive him for The Lost Archive. That was a disgrace.

If he really didn't sign on until 2012, then some of my fears are unfounded, since as you say, the game was well underway by then. Slightly off-topic, but I really hope they got Jonathan Cooper back as animation director, because AC3's animations were the best I've ever seen in gaming hands-down, while ACR's were lame.

I stand corrected then.

Well..I love Darby..but HE could have maybe done something in the story to clear up the Lucy stuff.

Also, the sword animations for me in Revelations were awful..but damn those hidden blade/hookblade animations were SICK. Not to mention game had best sound effects of all the games, amazing music, and an amazing city (Cappadocia was awesome as well). The only reason WHY he could create a game in such short a time is BECAUSE he reused so many of Brotherhood's assets.EVen then, yo can tell that everything in the game, from the guild missions, to bombs, to Peri Reis missions, to side quests, to random encounters, to guild management, were all concepts that could have been great with time.

Another big example of how we know it didn't have enough time was by how you could unlock all the most amazing weapons right from the start, but not in a "on purpose freedom AC4" kind of way, but in a "we have no time, just throw the weapons in the game inventory and call it a day" kind of way.

Just by playing it, you can clearly see which parts were completed and polished well (story missions, altair missions, Cappadocia, dens) and which parts were not done (guild, den defense, bomb crafting, all side missions)

One last thing..the renovation in Istanbul was BS. In Rome, there was an actual visible change in NPCs and environment from renovation, but in Revelations, there is ZERO. They literally did not have enough time to make anything but the music change by liberating and renovating.

So basically take Revelations and all its amazing concepts, and give it 3-4 more years of dev time. That is, in essence, what Unity is, without those Revelations concepts of course.

P.S yeah what the hell happened with animations in AC4?? Hidden blade animations were wonderful, ands were single sword ones..but the musket and fists ones were exactly the same and the double swords ones were abysmal and only worked for the tomahawk.

Wolfmeister1010
04-15-2014, 07:32 PM
Oh I apologise to you and Wolf for that. And yes, Johnny Cooper's magnificent Scottish legacy shall live on in future games. Good luck to him at ND, glad we can enjoy his work on games that are actually good (referring specifically to AC3 here).

I swear if we get better animations, better sound effects, and better blood effects..combat would feel so much better without even having to change any of the mechanics lol.

Wolfmeister1010
04-15-2014, 07:36 PM
I feel like many people like to forget what awesome LITTLE things it brought to the franchise, like vaulting, animals, WEATHER, naval, combat that works on uneven terrain, tree running, seasons, and not to mention how the NPCS actually acted like citizens, doing their own stuff instead of standing in weird circular groups.

Shahkulu101
04-15-2014, 07:37 PM
^ All because of one glorious Scotch animator

Wolfmeister1010
04-15-2014, 07:38 PM
^ All because of one glorious Scotch animator

Indeed, not to mention that Scots have the best accent in the universe. So basically he is the perfect human

Wolfmeister1010
04-15-2014, 07:52 PM
HAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHA JESUS CHRIST. God Damned internet idiots. This is a REAL comment I just copied/pasted

"Now Assassin's Creed 4 was a major disappointment for me. It lack too much detail for the main character and the game was a bit too long not to mention that there was too many items to get and too many side-missions to play."

Game sucks because it is too long and there is too much stuff to do?? Worse is that this comment got 7 likes.

Sushiglutton
04-15-2014, 08:00 PM
HAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHA JESUS CHRIST. God Damned internet idiots. This is a REAL comment I just copied/pasted

"Now Assassin's Creed 4 was a major disappointment for me. It lack too much detail for the main character and the game was a bit too long not to mention that there was too many items to get and too many side-missions to play."

Game sucks because it is too long and there is too much stuff to do?? Worse is that this comment got 7 likes.

I really liked AC4, but I don't think there is anyhing wrong with complaining about too much filler content. If Ubi had cut some of the eaves dropping missions and reduced the amount of junky collectibles I would have enjoyed the game more.

LoyalACFan
04-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Well..I love Darby..but HE could have maybe done something in the story to clear up the Lucy stuff.

He tried. You know those abysmal Desmond missions that were just a retread of what we already knew about him? Yeah, that's where the Lucy information was supposed to be. Amancio cut it and stuck in in TLA. THAT was some major BS.

Also, the sword animations for me in Revelations were awful..but damn those hidden blade/hookblade animations were SICK. Not to mention game had best sound effects of all the games, amazing music, and an amazing city (Cappadocia was awesome as well). The only reason WHY he could create a game in such short a time is BECAUSE he reused so many of Brotherhood's assets.EVen then, yo can tell that everything in the game, from the guild missions, to bombs, to Peri Reis missions, to side quests, to random encounters, to guild management, were all concepts that could have been great with time.

The music and city weren't under Amancio's control, but sure, I'll give credit where credit is due. ACR did a lot of things right. My beef is that it did a lot of things wrong too, and most of them were ambitious things that didn't belong in AC to begin with (see: den defense and block puzzles). If those things had never been attempted and the time and resources that were put into them had been reallocated to the things that actually had potential (like you said, random events, guild management) the game would have been WAY better.

P.S yeah what the hell happened with animations in AC4?? Hidden blade animations were wonderful, ands were single sword ones..but the musket and fists ones were exactly the same and the double swords ones were abysmal and only worked for the tomahawk.

Yeah, AC3 animations are way better without a doubt (minus Connor's "lookin' at mah feet" running animation, which was kinda weird at times. Edward's was better). The hidden blade ones were cool, but like you say, the double sword ones were kinda lame, although I did like the pistol swords a lot better.

I-Like-Pie45
04-15-2014, 09:02 PM
who doesn't look at their paws when they run

LoyalACFan
04-15-2014, 09:12 PM
who doesn't look at their paws when they run

Your old gimmick was better.

I-Like-Pie45
04-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Your old gimmick was better.

what gimmick

this is just meow's opinion on running

its very important you know where your paws are when running otherwise you might step in the wrong place and fall to your death like meow's brother did