PDA

View Full Version : AC: Unity - More wild conjecture

MickyDaLips
04-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Hi all, Since the release of the trailer I've been playing ACIV again, having a lot of fun, not sure why I mention that bit but maybe it's just to putme down on the A Game A Year Is Fine side of the fence :)

anyhoo, I started doing a bit of reading into the French Revolution (which I think makes a great setting) and through the process of intensive research (ok I skimmed through a few wiki's) I came across a character that I think there is a good chance we'll see in the game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Philippe_II,_Duke_of_Orléans

This guy has everything; conspiricy theory about his role in the march on the palace of versailles (which MUST be that awesome ballroom looking shot in the teaser), changing allegiences, betrayel, power, the lot.

I also came across an interesting article on the development of the French Language, both before and post the revolution, in which it is claimed:
Henri Grégoire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Grégoire), deplored that France, the most advanced country in the world with regard to politics, had not progressed beyond the Tower of Babel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Babel) as far as languages were concerned, and that only three million of the 25 million inhabitants of France spoke a pure Parisian French as their native tongue. The lack of ability of the population to understand the language in which were the political debates and the administrative documents was then seen as antidemocratic.
The report resulted the same year in two laws which stated that the only language tolerated in France in public life and in schools would be French. Within two years, the French language had become the symbol of the national unity of the French State. However, the Revolutionaries lacked both time and money to implement a language policy. (my bold)

I mention this as there have been theories abounding regarding the choice of title, does it represent a unity between teh assassins and templars. Frankly I can't see that happening, as it would destroy all modern world game lore of the ongoing conflict. It seems far more liekly that the unity simply refers to Unite Indivisibilte as seen on posters of the revolution

anyhoo, I'm putting my money on the Duke of orleans as being an in-game character... any thoughts?

Oh and here's my vid of me waffling about it all :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7bTJN_dF1o

deadlyh1t
04-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Nice analysis! it looks a bit like mine! Give it a try and watch it if you have time :) (its in the bottom of the general discussion!

LoyalACFan
04-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Well, looking back to Brotherhood, the title carried two separate meanings; on one hand, it literally referred to Ezio building the Brotherhood and the new apprentice mechanic, but on the other hand it also referred to the fact that it was the first game where players could play with each other online. So I'm thinking Unity could refer to a co-op option in the story (which a lot of fans have been asking for since AC2) as well as Arno "unifying" the French people against the Ancien Regime.

I'm putting my money on the Duke of orleans as being an in-game character... any thoughts?

Definitely. Could even be one of our targets. He was a nobleman who supported the populist revolution, but AC lore could easily paint him as a Templar trying to play both sides.

Edit- whoa, what the hell, did you just change your username while I was typing? You're showing up as MuddledMuppet in the OP, but MickyDaLips in my quote.

MickyDaLips
04-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Nice analysis! it looks a bit like mine! Give it a try and watch it if you have time :) (its in the bottom of the general discussion!

Thanks man, I'll go check yours in a mo

Well, looking back to Brotherhood, the title carried two separate meanings; on one hand, it literally referred to Ezio building the Brotherhood and the new apprentice mechanic, but on the other hand it also referred to the fact that it was the first game where players could play with each other online. So I'm thinking Unity could refer to a co-op option in the story (which a lot of fans have been asking for since AC2) as well as Arno "unifying" the French people against the Ancien Regime.

Edit- whoa, what the hell, did you just change your username while I was typing? You're showing up as MuddledMuppet in the OP, but MickyDaLips in my quote.

haha when I was doing the video I forgot all about the snippet of co-op info we've been given, and yes, that would be a nicwe double_meaning to 'Unity', I can't wait to see what we have with that, hopefully it won't just be a wolfpack kinda game, but something where we can actually do either certain missions co-op or (gulp) free-roam... would be.. nope.. no words will do that thought justice :)

As to the MickyDaLips thang, that was an alternate PSN Id for me for a while, now somehow when I log in with my main PSN ID (MuddledMuppet) it links back to MickyDaqLips for some posts, and not for others.

I nearly broke the forums, I dont wanna look in to deep in case I break da interwebz

TheBearJew32
04-09-2014, 01:59 AM
I think we may. Philippe is Louis XIV's brother (i think), and i don't think we'll see one without the other. There is a lot of conspiracies surrounding this era, one of my favorites was a prisoner that had to keep his face hidden with a mask in public (the man in the iron mask) Look it up if you want, i had to present a final project about it in a college class...pretty interesting stuff. Maybe we'll see it as a tomb mission if they return

jayjay275
04-09-2014, 12:42 PM

I couldn't agree more with this theory.

ze_topazio
04-09-2014, 01:45 PM
I think we may. Philippe is Louis XIV's brother (i think), and i don't think we'll see one without the other. There is a lot of conspiracies surrounding this era, one of my favorites was a prisoner that had to keep his face hidden with a mask in public (the man in the iron mask) Look it up if you want, i had to present a final project about it in a college class...pretty interesting stuff. Maybe we'll see it as a tomb mission if they return

The mysterious man in the iron mask died more than 80 years before the Revolution though.

MickyDaLips
04-09-2014, 03:59 PM
The mysterious man in the iron mask died more than 80 years before the Revolution though.

damn, that woulda been awesome!

TheBearJew32
04-09-2014, 06:49 PM

That's why i said maybe we'll see it as a tomb mission...I mean they did Dracula for a pre-order mission in Revelations. Why not

oliacr
04-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Why not? Maybe they can include that mask like an armor :) Similar to Ishak Pasha's mask. Obtainable... :)

MickyDaLips
04-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Why not? Maybe they can include that mask like an armor :) Similar to Ishak Pasha's mask. Obtainable... :)

oh I could go for that, and stuff the accuracy lol