PDA

View Full Version : Combo pack - no price, one click buy?

nothankspal
04-08-2014, 02:15 PM
I accidentally clicked on the package deal in the shop when I was trying to figure out why I kept getting the 'you must be connected to upgrade your bike' message, and it instantly gave me the goods. There was no price on it and I didn't meant to click on it. I didn't want to pay for anything yet, especially something where I have no idea what the price is!

eflixxx
04-08-2014, 04:28 PM
i did the same. and didnt mean to. it didnt charge any cash. i dont even have a visa connected to the account. it gave me a great deal of diamonds, not sure excatly, and not sure what else. what was this?

xitooner
04-08-2014, 06:08 PM
In freemium psychology, it's common to give the customer "seed money" to get them used to the idea of "if I click in here, I get good things". You say "hey, that's wasn't so bad...." It's a subtle psychological encouragement to entice you to return later....because every time you do return they have a chance of you spending real money.

Works especially well when dealing with younger minds with limited knowledge of the meaning of money.

StegoIII
04-09-2014, 03:05 AM
I thought this odd as well. But I will take it!

RedLynxSwan
04-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Xitooner, we aren't nearly tricky enough for such psychological business over here! :)

We wanted to test this bonus pack (which I think is awesome!) before going worldwide and it ended up being given out for free.

Being an early soft launch player certainly has it's benefits huh? :)

MaTiSpOrT
04-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Itīs a sweet reward!! :)

Nytmair
04-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Xitooner, we aren't nearly tricky enough for such psychological business over here! :)

We wanted to test this bonus pack (which I think is awesome!) before going worldwide and it ended up being given out for free.

Being an early soft launch player certainly has it's benefits huh? :)

Aww man!! I closed the pop up assuming it cost money, so I missed out on the free pack. Now it's $2.99 in the store. :-( waaaaah!

xitooner
04-09-2014, 04:18 PM

Well, tricky enough to go freemium though. :)
Dont mind me, I am pretty cynical at heart, but it doesnt mean your game doesnt play awesome. I live with the freemium aspects I cant stand, just to play it.

nothankspal
04-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Good to know that it was free! Love the game, although running out of fuel sucks :nonchalance: