PDA

View Full Version : Unity Gets Horizontal Wall Running!!!

Wolfmeister1010
04-07-2014, 01:41 PM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/07/assassins-creed-unity-getting-horizontal-wall-running-teased-by-parkour-pro-athlete/

Maybe this was the feature that the guy said he saw in the Target Gameplay video, had been waiting for it in AC for a long time.

I Knew It!!

Hello upgraded Parkour, following in the magical path of Price of Persia.

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 01:47 PM
That's a massive addition if true :eek:! Very excited about this!

Edit: It's a veeeeeeery loose rumour though, so I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Kirokill
04-07-2014, 01:49 PM
If the rumor will be true.
Hello to wall run assassinations!

oliacr
04-07-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm curious about it. SPIDERMAN nah . just for a limited time though :) this opens up a lot more assassinations

Dev_Anj
04-07-2014, 01:56 PM
If this is true, hello Assassins of Francia!

Now I just hope they make the combat of Unity as good as the Prince of Persia trilogy.

Wolfmeister1010
04-07-2014, 01:56 PM

You must have a pretty amazing house :p

Lol, hug me sushi

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 02:00 PM
You must have a pretty amazing house :p

Lol, hug me sushi

Ha, actually I live in a flat with one room and a kitchen, that's how much confidence I have in this rumour :p.

Shahkulu101
04-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Is that type of wall running actually humanely possible? It always thought it was in games/movies just to look cool regardless of realism - it appears silly to me.

EDIT: Wait never mind - just read the article. The more you know...although it can't be Price of Persia style running where you can stick to the walls for ages and ages.

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm curious about it. SPIDERMAN nah . just for a limited time though :) this opens up a lot more assassinations

who the hell is Spiderman, I heard of Spider-Man, but not Spiderman.

I'm anal

Kirokill
04-07-2014, 02:14 PM
@Shahkulu101
It would be way to silly if you can preform the act for more than 2 seconds.
Prince of Persia style it shouldn't be.

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 02:20 PM
@Shahkulu101
It would be way to silly if you can preform the act for more than 2 seconds.
Prince of Persia style it shouldn't be.

I dunno, if it's too short I think it will feel difficult to control. I def think they need to make it longer than that dude was able to do in the video. Since we can dive down in a bale of hay from a tower I think som exaggeration is in the DNA of the franchise.

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 02:20 PM
mirror's edge

Templar_Az
04-07-2014, 02:23 PM
I find it funny that people are saying Prince of Persia running on walls style aint realistic; as if looking through your ancestors memories is perfectly normal.

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Assassin's Creed has been a series that prides itself on a certain level of realism in the kind of movements a human can perform, discounting the leap of Faith.

Mirror's Edge wall-running is realistic and would work in Assassin's Creed.

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 02:26 PM
I find it funny that people are saying Prince of Persia running on walls style aint realistic; as if looking through your ancestors memories is perfectly normal.

Agree, I'm def not too concerned with the realism (ofc within limits). If it's cool, "feel" good and has sharp controls I'm all for it!

Shahkulu101
04-07-2014, 02:29 PM
I dunno, if it's too short I think it will feel difficult to control. I def think they need to make it longer than that dude was able to do in the video. Since we can dive down in a bale of hay from a tower I think som exaggeration is in the DNA of the franchise.

How optimistic of you to assume there will be a degree of control further than "HOLD DOWN ZE BUTTON!"

Kirokill
04-07-2014, 02:33 PM

the guy in the video did it for almost half a second, I quadrupled the amount which almost reaches 2 seconds.
Also wall running is not too necessary, you can try to climb a building then move to the direction(right or left) and jump. Wall running would be a little more useful and would add a new feel for parkour.

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 02:35 PM
maybe the addition of wall-running is why it's now called parkour (even though it was still parkour in the previous games)

dxsxhxcx
04-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Agree, I'm def not too concerned with the realism (ofc within limits). If it's cool, "feel" good and has sharp controls I'm all for it!

this makes me believe that you're concerned with realism... :p

I don't know the POP movement they're talking about but I assume you can walk on a wall for ages doing that in POP and according to the guy in the article's video this doesn't seem to be an easy feat, I really hope they take a more realistic aproach on this (especially because this will probably be a movement to avoid guards blocking the way during a chase and to use it for fun), we already play in god mode in combat, defy the gravity would be stupid...

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 02:41 PM
How optimistic of you to assume there will be a degree of control further than "HOLD DOWN ZE BUTTON!"

Hehe :). I hope it will be like PoP where you need tap a button to start the wallrun, otherwise exploring the city will be a total pain I think.

the guy in the video did it for almost half a second, I quadrupled the amount which almost reaches 2 seconds.
Also wall running is not too necessary, you can try to climb a building then move to the direction(right or left) and jump. Wall running would be a little more useful and would add a new feel for parkour.

All I'm saying is that Ubi shouldn't be too focused on what's 100% realistic. Gameplay feel is more important. That said you may be correct that the realistic walrun will be perfect for gameplay as well.Very hard to know without playtesting.

this makes me believe that you're concerned with realism... :p

I don't know the POP movement they're talking about but I assume you can walk on a wall for ages doing that in POP and according to the guy in the article's video this doesn't seem to be an easy feat, I really hope they take a more realistic aproach on this (especially because this will probably be a movement to avoid guards blocking the way during a chase and to use it for fun), we already play in god mode in combat, defy the gravity would be stupid...

You can see a bit of PoP wallrunning in below video. Think that's kind of fine in terms of length.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo8z_CyJyyc

Wolfmeister1010
04-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Why are people complaining about realism lol. What do you want? Perfect Realism or good gameplay?

Dev_Anj
04-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Because apparently climbing buildings quickly, while wearing a sword, a small knife, and some armour is realistic. :p

Wolfmeister1010
04-07-2014, 02:49 PM
And surviving a 10 story fall by jumping into a haystack or onto a person totally makes sense

dxsxhxcx
04-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Why are people complaining about realism lol. What do you want? Perfect Realism or good gameplay?

why people (always) assume when others ask for a more realistic approach they won't be satisfied with less than 100% (aka perfect realism)? I wouldn't mind if we were able to do more than what is humanly possible (we already do in many situations) but there must be a line that shouldn't be crossed, and that line (IMO) should stay closer to reality than fantasy.

Shahkulu101
04-07-2014, 02:54 PM

I like the fantasy of being able to do things in the realm of possibility better than most as it makes me feel like a superior HUMAN. I do not wish to be a spider-monkey.

Haystacks excused. I attribute that to TWCB DNA.

Wolfmeister1010
04-07-2014, 02:56 PM
I like the fantasy of being able to do things in the realm of possibility better than most as it makes me feel like a superior HUMAN. I do not wish to be a spider-monkey.

Haystacks excused. I attribute that to TWCB DNA.

Well obviously I dot want it to be ridiculous. A bit longer than the guy in the vid would be fine.

Shahkulu101
04-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Well obviously I dot want it to be ridiculous. A bit longer than the guy in the vid would be fine.

Hmmm...I think the length of the POP vid is just about right. Anywhere longer and we are crossing over to the spider-monkey side of the spectrum.

Someone should make up a definitive graph.

dxsxhxcx
04-07-2014, 03:00 PM

but do we really need that movement to be a bit longer? the only situation where I can see that movement being useful is to avoid guards blocking the street during a chase or while I'm trying to escape, and for that (IMO) we don't seem to need more than what we saw.

deskp
04-07-2014, 03:00 PM
This seems like an excelten ability to add to the game, It would add soemthing enw to the normal running around the city we've over and over.

All the parkour in the games have been more than naturally possible, so I wouldn't mind a reaosnably long wall run aswell.

On a side not, I would like if this was added to unity only and not Comet, would be an extra carrot for the 'next' gen :p

RinoTheBouncer
04-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Jesus H. Christ, that’s gonna be freaking epic!

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 03:02 PM
guys, stop ignoring MIRROR'S ****ING EDGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_E-Y7DsZE
ignore the crap about the jump kick and just focus on the wall run part

Kirokill
04-07-2014, 03:05 PM
guys, stop ignoring MIRROR'S ****ING EDGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_E-Y7DsZE
ignore the crap about the jump kick and just focus on the wall run part

Looks perfect in terms of timing and moving.

marvelfannumber
04-07-2014, 03:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaUSAnpGfv0

Nuff said.

DumbGamerTag94
04-07-2014, 03:39 PM
I feel if it's not done realistically it can easily become ridiculous. I hope this isn't true because if the take the time to develop and implement a way to do it chances are they wouldn't waste it as a second long feature. They would probably take it too far and just make AC too fantastical. Why not just have us able to fly everywhere like TOKW lol :rolleyes:

itsamea-mario
04-07-2014, 03:40 PM
World record wall run - 3.49 metres.
world record long jump - 8.9 metres

As a means of covering distance wall running is pretty ineffective, much better to just jump.
However wall running can be useful to change the direction of movement, for instance improving flow by stepping off a wall to reach a height on the opposite side.

-Some guy sat at his computer.

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Why would it be a waste of a feature if the wall-run was only a second long? That doesn't make sense at all.

LoyalACFan
04-07-2014, 03:45 PM
... I just don't understand the hype for this move. If they exaggerate it, it becomes ridiculous, but if they keep it realistic it doesn't really seem to have any reason being there. I can never tell if Mario's being serious or not, but I agree with his post a couple slots above mine.

Wolfmeister1010
04-07-2014, 03:47 PM
... I just don't understand the hype for this move. If they exaggerate it, it becomes ridiculous, but if they keep it realistic it doesn't really seem to have any reason being there. I can never tell if Mario's being serious or not, but I agree with his post a couple slots above mine.

It just adds more variety. It is a fun aesthetic thing.

Perhaps they tweak the parkour so that the player can't jump as far as in previous games, so wall running would be more necessary like in Mirror's edge.

DumbGamerTag94
04-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Why would it be a waste of a feature if the wall-run was only a second long? That doesn't make sense at all.

Meaning why would they put the time an effort into putting in a feature that only shows for like 1second when they already have a fairly realistic looking parkour system that doesn't have the Spider-Man esque wall running(which another poster just pointed out is very inefficient). It just seems like something they wouldn't waste time on for that brief of a feature that if done realistically wouldn't help much anyway. So if they did go out of their way to do that it would probably be fairly prominent and just make things ridiculous

SixKeys
04-07-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm not opposed to the idea, as long as they make it look realistic enough to be believable. That's not to say I'm perfectly okay with all other moves AC already has. Especially AC3 and AC4 have some exaggerated climbing moves that are somewhat immersion-breaking. But wall-running sounds fine in principle. I'm of the opinion that Unity needs something special for its parkour to feel fresh. Maybe this could be it.

JustPlainQuirky
04-07-2014, 03:51 PM

Ubisoft usually doesn't exagerrate that much. Everything is usually probable. Like Connor's rock climbing speed.

Locopells
04-07-2014, 03:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaUSAnpGfv0

Nuff said.

Saw that one coming...

LoyalACFan
04-07-2014, 03:56 PM
It just adds more variety. It is a fun aesthetic thing.

Perhaps they tweak the parkour so that the player can't jump as far as in previous games, so wall running would be more necessary like in Mirror's edge.

I guess, but this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsuvx-T2M5k) is apparently one of, if not the farthest wall run ever performed, and it's much shorter than a record long jump, plus it doesn't really seem like it would be that helpful in an AC context anyway. Aesthetically it would be cool as an option, but I don't think it should be touted as a revolutionary new mechanic. A bit like AC3's vaulting.

DumbGamerTag94
04-07-2014, 04:01 PM
The vault was more of a fluidity thing though it's a basic thing that even people who don't parkour do it's just common sense and should have been implemented years ago. But the wall run isn't practical or necessary

itsamea-mario
04-07-2014, 04:41 PM

I am being serious, wall running is rarely anything more than a trick.

itsamea-mario
04-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Ubisoft usually doesn't exagerrate that much. Everything is usually probable. Like Connor's rock climbing speed.

Jumping over 8 foot from standing?
catching onto a tiny ledge after falling 30ft?
Free running nonstop whilst wearing heavy plate armour?

Soulid_Snake
04-07-2014, 05:02 PM
It's a possibility, Arnau/ Arno seems to have the right build for horizontal wall running!

egriffin09
04-07-2014, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't mind the horizontal wall running. I really want the climbing animations from AC 1, 2, and ACB back. It seemed like it took effort to climb buildings in those games. AC III and ACIV BF has like this spider type animation that is faster, but less realistic imo.

poptartz20
04-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Umm! This seems like it would be an interesting addition! I'm sure it won't be to over exaggerated ubisoft is usually pretty good about finding a happy medium. But If this is true I do like the fact that this is being used for Arno, because I feel it is making each assassin unique in a way, or giving them something that's relevant to the atmosphere to each assassin and their time!

Farlander1991
04-07-2014, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't mind the horizontal wall running. I really want the climbing animations from AC 1, 2, and ACB back. It seemed like it took effort to climb buildings in those games. AC III and ACIV BF has like this spider type animation that is faster, but less realistic imo.

Not impossible though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z_mhRoqG2E

Connor climbs cliffs (and buildings I think too) with approximately the same speed.

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 06:48 PM
I guess, but this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsuvx-T2M5k) is apparently one of, if not the farthest wall run ever performed, and it's much shorter than a record long jump, plus it doesn't really seem like it would be that helpful in an AC context anyway. Aesthetically it would be cool as an option, but I don't think it should be touted as a revolutionary new mechanic. A bit like AC3's vaulting.

Typically a wallrun let's you get farther than just jumping in games. Also you are able to do things like run pass an obstacle on the opposite wall. Is this realistic? I don't know (doubt it) and to be frank I don't really care. Parkour in AC has been dying for a vitamin injection and this could be it. Platforming in PoP is much more fun imo, partly because of the horizontal wallrunning.

Kirokill
04-07-2014, 06:49 PM
You know, I couldn't pass the tutorial in PoP.

itsamea-mario
04-07-2014, 06:51 PM
Typically a wallrun let's you get farther than just jumping in games. Also you are able to do things like run pass an obstacle on the opposite wall. Is this realistic? I don't know (doubt it) and to be frank I don't really care. Parkour in AC has been dying for a vitamin injection and this could be it. Platforming in PoP is much more fun imo, partly because of the horizontal wallrunning.

No, not realistic, you can always jump further than you can wall run.

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 06:59 PM
No, not realistic, you can always jump further than you can wall run.

Yeah that makes the most sense from a physics pov so I'm sure your right about that. I still feel "getting longer wallrunning" is one of those none sensical rules that feels right.

DumbGamerTag94
04-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Yeah that makes the most sense from a physics pov so I'm sure your right about that. I still feel "getting longer wallrunning" is one of those none sensical rules that feels right.

No it just feels wrong all wrong. Wall running for a second would just be lame and wall running for a ridiculous amount of time just removes any realism. The characters aren't magical, the only way I could accept this feature is if it was explained by possessing a PoE after a series of quests (like the shard of Eden from AC3 made u immune to bullets)

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 07:14 PM
No it just feels wrong all wrong. Wall running for a second would just be lame and wall running for a ridiculous amount of time just removes any realism. The characters aren't magical, the only way I could accept this feature is if it was explained by possessing a PoE after a series of quests (like the shard of Eden from AC3 made u immune to bullets)

That PoP vid I posted on page 2. Is that way too long for you, or ok?

ACfan443
04-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Not impossible though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z_mhRoqG2E

Connor climbs cliffs (and buildings I think too) with approximately the same speed.

The regular rock climbing speed wasn't that much of an issue, it was the crazy scrambling and ridiculously high leaps in rapid succession (on buildings mainly) that made it look unrealistic more than anything.

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2014, 07:26 PM

My Sentiments exactly !!

Though saying that remember when the gameplay images was leaked the control input has the options parkour up and parkour down.

Exciting none the less if this is true.

DumbGamerTag94
04-07-2014, 07:28 PM
That PoP vid I posted on page 2. Is that way too long for you, or ok?

It's too far of a distance for me the assasins aren't Spider-Man Someone pointed out already that the record distance is like 8 ft or something(so that's well above normal so whats covered in that video is not ok with me unless it's done using a PoE

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 07:37 PM
It's too far of a distance for me the assasins aren't Spider-Man Someone pointed out already that the record distance is like 8 ft or something(so that's well above normal so whats covered in that video is not ok with me unless it's done using a PoE

Ok, then we disagree. Strict realism is simply not that important to me. For me it would be worse if they introduced some anti-gravity PoE, which would feel pretty silly. Some things are better left unexplained. Even if the assassin's aren't Spider-man they are still capable of several unrealistic stunts, like really long jumps from standing still, using a hookblade for riding ziplines, getting pulled up very high by simple lifting things that are spread out through the city, using enemies as human shields and so on.

GunnerGalactico
04-07-2014, 07:41 PM
So basically, Arno is going to be the most agile Assassin to date. I like it :p

I don't think he might be able to wall run to long distances though. It will be more realistic than POP.

DumbGamerTag94
04-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Ok, then we disagree. Strict realism is simply not that important to me. For me it would be worse if they introduced some anti-gravity PoE, which would feel pretty silly. Some things are better left unexplained. Even if the assassin's aren't Spider-man they are still capable of several unrealistic stunts, like really long jumps from standing still, using a hookblade for riding ziplines, getting pulled up very high by simple lifting things that are spread out through the city and so on.

Simple lift things? You mean pully hoists with massive weight on the other end? That's actually physically possible as long as the weight dropping is heavier then them. Also the hook blade has a hook meaning it can "hook" on a zipline so that's possible as well. And the hook blade jump is higher because you increase the length of the reach so you can not only pull yourself farther but also reach farther (think ice climbing with ice pics vs rock climbing with just footholds). So these are all possible. The only one I agree on is the standing jump is too high. But how is a gravity reducing (shard like)PoE sillier than just being able to defy the laws of physics naturally without explanation. Are they wizards now? Lol. I think an unlockable shard of Eden that can do this is the only way I could accept it. AC has always added sci fi into a fairly realistic world/story. There never has been just strait up magic(except for in TOKW which was alternate universe) AC is not PoP.

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Simple lift things? You mean pully hoists with massive weight on the other end? That's actually physically possible as long as the weight dropping is heavier then them. Also the hook blade has a hook meaning it can "hook" on a zipline so that's possible as well. And the hook blade jump is higher because you increase the length of the reach so you can not only pull yourself farther but also reach farther (think ice climbing with ice pics vs rock climbing with just footholds). So these are all possible. The only one I agree on is the standing jump is too high. But how is a gravity reducing (shard like)PoE sillier than just being able to defy the laws of physics naturally without explanation. Are they wizards now? Lol. I think an unlockable shard of Eden that can do this is the only way I could accept it. AC has always added sci fi into a fairly realistic world/story. There never has been just strait up magic(except for in TOKW which was alternate universe) AC is not PoP.

You never rarely see those lift things around in cities. And who is fixing them after every time the assassin uses them? Ziplining with a thin metal hook at that speed, I would like to see that performed before I believe it.

PoE defy the laws of nature as well. It's not possible to see through the eyes of someone by inserting a cube with their blood in a crystal skull. How you can think that's ok, but wallrunning a couple of meters extra isn't, is something I don't really understand tbh.

Farlander1991
04-07-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm actually having a hard time imagining how horizontal wall running would work like in AC... Like, for navigation purposes. Need to see it in action.

Here's the thing about PoP. The walls you run on? They're flat.

And not like there aren't any flat walls in AC, but it's building architecture we're talking about - indents, outdents, closed/semi-closed/open windows, a horizontal path is just so much more complicated than a vertical one (where it's just run up until you hang on to something, but what do you do during horizontal wall running when you meet something?)

Sushiglutton
04-07-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm actually having a hard time imagining how horizontal wall running would work like in AC... Like, for navigation purposes. Need to see it in action.

Here's the thing about PoP. The walls you run on? They're flat.

And not like there aren't any flat walls in AC, but it's building architecture we're talking about - indents, outdents, closed/semi-closed/open windows, a horizontal path is just so much more complicated than a vertical one (where it's just run up until you hang on to something, but what do you do during horizontal wall running when you meet something?)

Yeah we have discussed this before and I think I ended up agreeing with you that it seems real hard to do. It is a fairly weak rumour I think. It can also be something really short and automatic like in WatchDogs where Aiden can jump from the wall.

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 09:37 PM
I think wall-running would be a faster, and more fluid replacement for running wall ejects. They could also make it last longer on walls that have ledges, window sills, etc. as they would give better support and traction.

They could also go Spidey and have the Assassin use ropes to run on the wall of a building while hanging onto a rope attached to the top. Aveline already went Spidey a bit with her whip letting her swing across streets.

frodrigues55
04-08-2014, 01:29 AM
Only experience I have with wall running in games was in Tomb Raider Anniversary, which was a complete mess made worse by the buggy camera. Considering AC also has its camera problems (made worse with the "fixed angles" presented in certain areas of AC2 and Brotherhood), I'm not very excited about that for now lol. Need to see it first.

Also, I was kinda hoping the assassin would go back to the discrete ways, but running on the walls of buildings seems to gather a little bit of attention. Let's see how it is done, but so far, it's not something I would miss or hope for.

MiguelSanch2014
04-08-2014, 02:55 AM
Completely agree, not something I so desire or could even see myself using with great regularity. So long as they don't ruin the current system, I'm all for a change of some sort. But it HAS to be for the better.

pacmanate
04-08-2014, 03:53 AM
Oh the possibilities! I hope you can backflip off the wall and turn mid air and start climbing a building adjacent to it.

Or some old school PoP moves like pulling your blade out and doing an aerial slash off the vertical wall run :D

shobhit7777777
04-08-2014, 08:32 AM
I just saw that parkour dude do a pretty amazing wall-run....so I don't know how this "Unrealistic/Implausible" discussion crept in....again, I just saw a dude do it and cover a lot of ground....its definitely plausible and certainly realistic.

jayjay275
04-08-2014, 09:13 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. If we could get similar PoP parkour moves (from the film) then I would be satisfied.

Sushiglutton
04-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Here's a pic of him motion capturing the hoizontal wallrun for a “popular video game":

http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Assassins-Creed-5-660x330.jpg

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/04/15/assassins-creed-5-details-leaked-parkour-artists-working-game/

Kagurra
04-17-2014, 03:40 AM
It would have to be very short to keep with the realism. Yeah, I get that leaps of faith and such aren't realistic but AC is still set in the real world unlike PoP where there's magic, time travel, and monsters. There's the first civ stuff, but that's all before the human's time and blah blah you get my point lol.

The Sands of Time trilogy was one of my all time favorites though, on a side note.

SixKeys
04-17-2014, 07:35 AM
Here's a pic of him motion capturing the hoizontal wallrun for a “popular video game":

http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Assassins-Creed-5-660x330.jpg

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/04/15/assassins-creed-5-details-leaked-parkour-artists-working-game/

Now watch it turn out to be Mirror's Edge 2.

I-Like-Pie45
04-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Or Prince of Persia

Shahkulu101
04-17-2014, 03:57 PM
Or Prince of Persia

meow is being too optimistic

I-Like-Pie45
04-17-2014, 03:59 PM
meow is being too optimistic

wait until meow has not been fed for a while

then meow will no longer be optimistic and meow will be realist

Sushiglutton
04-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Meow doesn't want to be fed, Meow wants to hunt!

Farlander1991
04-18-2014, 08:18 AM
So there are rumours of a 2D PoP game on the Child of Light engine (http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/17/prince-of-persia-2d-title-in-development-using-ubiart-engine-rumor/). The thing about the Child of Light engine is that the developers are able to animate the character as if it were a 3D model, so motion capture might be useful for it as well.

Mr_Shade
04-18-2014, 12:42 PM
So there are rumours of a 2D PoP game on the Child of Light engine (http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/17/prince-of-persia-2d-title-in-development-using-ubiart-engine-rumor/). The thing about the Child of Light engine is that the developers are able to animate the character as if it were a 3D model, so motion capture might be useful for it as well.

Just to correct you.

The engine is called the UbiArt Framework - and was used on Rayman Origins / Legends too ;)

I would treat those rumours the same as any though, I am just making sure people know what engine you mean ;)

Farlander1991
04-18-2014, 12:43 PM
The engine is called the UbiArt Framework - and was used on Rayman Origins / Legends too

Yeah, I didn't mean that Child of Light is the name of the engine, just that it's used in the Child of Light development :)

And rumours are rumours, nobody should take them without a grain of salt :)

Wolfmeister1010
04-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Now watch it turn out to be Mirror's Edge 2.

Mirror's edge is First Person. They have no reason to capture animations and movements through MC to that level of detail.

Sushiglutton
04-18-2014, 07:55 PM
And rumours are rumours, nobody should take them without a grain of salt :)

That's where you are wrong! We need to take all rumours dead serious otherwise there would be NOTHING to discuss!

AdamPearce
04-18-2014, 11:27 PM
I hope the horizontal wall running stays a rumor. It would really look odd to have this kind of feature in a game like AC. Specially since it's not very usefull since you need some speed and that it doesn't permit long distances...

SixKeys
04-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Maybe the Piece of Eden we find in this game is mysterious ancient dagger that allows you to manipulate time....

Jexx21
04-19-2014, 12:14 AM
How about a wall run where the character hangs by a ledge on one hand and then "runs" along the wall?

That's what inFAMOUS: Second Son does... maybe inFAMOUS in general but I only played Second Son. Also, while it's not completely wall running it would be a faster way of moving laterally along walls, rather than just moving along ledges.

It's probably also unrealistic, but hey!

Locopells
04-19-2014, 01:15 AM
Not as long as your hand can take the friction!

SixKeys
04-19-2014, 01:34 AM
How about a wall run where the character hangs by a ledge on one hand and then "runs" along the wall?

That's what inFAMOUS: Second Son does... maybe inFAMOUS in general but I only played Second Son. Also, while it's not completely wall running it would be a faster way of moving laterally along walls, rather than just moving along ledges.

It's probably also unrealistic, but hey!

Can you point to a video for this? I'd need to see it before deciding whether it would work for AC.

padaE
04-19-2014, 04:09 AM
I would like that.