PDA

View Full Version : Best DLC expansion?

RatonhnhakeFan
04-07-2014, 04:51 AM
Which main DLC expansion in the series you consider the best one, and why?

I-Like-Pie45
04-07-2014, 04:57 AM
i don't think any of them were good expansions

LoyalACFan
04-07-2014, 05:12 AM
i don't think any of them were good expansions

Basically this, AC DLC tends to be overpriced and nothing special.

Voted for Freedom Cry though, since I thought it was pretty good. It's the only one I'd recommend buying, except maybe The Infamy.

GunnerGalactico
04-07-2014, 08:52 AM
I enjoyed both The Tyranny of King Washington and Freedom Cry... those were the only DLC's that were worth it IMO

Aphex_Tim
04-07-2014, 08:56 AM
I'd vote for Freedom Cry if the stealth wasn't so messed up and the guards weren't complete ***holes.
So ToKW gets my vote.

GunnerGalactico
04-07-2014, 09:25 AM
I'd vote for Freedom Cry if the stealth wasn't so messed up and the guards weren't complete ***holes.
So ToKW gets my vote.

The only knit-picky issue I have with TOKW was that it was too short and there was still room for a bit of improvement... other then that, it was a good DLC

Locopells
04-07-2014, 10:02 AM
TOKW. Love alt universes, and that moment of relief when you get back to the real world...

jayjay275
04-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Overpriced, but my favourite was Da Vinci Disappearance. Battle of Forli and Bonfire of Vanities, to my knowledge, could not be replayed.

Locopells
04-07-2014, 10:32 AM
The Battle of Forli and The Bonfire of the Vanities are technically part of the main game, that's why.

Shouldn't really count as DLC, since they were cut content, rather then added in...

frodrigues55
04-07-2014, 11:24 AM
AC2's made the story drag way too long and it breaks the climax. I think it's clear they were created just to be added later, the story doesn't miss a single thing without it. On the contrary, the game would be perfect without them stuck inside the main plot, IMO.

Da Vinci is my favorite, with Freedom Cry coming second.

I absolutely hate TOKW with all my heart, I hope they never do anything else even remotely similar again.

Layytez
04-07-2014, 12:57 PM
I shall forever hate The Lost Archive as it held important info to the story that should have been in the initial game. Beyond that none of them have been good.

Aphex_Tim
04-07-2014, 01:10 PM
I shall forever hate The Lost Archive as it held important info to the story that should have been in the initial game. Beyond that none of them have been good.

Not to mention the crappy gameplay.

oliacr
04-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Freedom Cry I think, Played the most and maybe enjoyed the most. The other DLCs were a bit short like da Vinci disappearance but loved that too. The Tyranny of king Washington was very good, but because this has never happened or never could happen that is why I put my vote on Freedom Cry because as I mentioned this is the longest DLC and the best.

Kirokill
04-07-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure between AC2 DLC or ToKW.

RatonhnhakeFan
04-07-2014, 02:06 PM
Gameplay yeah, but Da Vinci had even more important stuff inside. They find the NY Great Temple co-ordinates in it along with William Miles debut, canonically its super important for modern story

Shahkulu101
04-07-2014, 02:09 PM
Bonfire of the Vanities. Open-ended, heavenly playgrounds.

LoyalACFan
04-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Gameplay yeah, but Da Vinci had even more important stuff inside. They find the NY Great Temple co-ordinates in it along with William Miles debut, canonically its super important for modern story

I dunno, Lucy being a traitor was pretty damn important. I mean, yeah, the Temple thing is really important too, but at the time we didn't even know what the coordinates were for, nor did we know (for sure) who Bill was. Besides, the Sync Nexus made the coordinates basically irrelevant because Jupiter straight up told Desmond what to do.

Basically, Da Vinci DLC hinted at things to come, whereas Lost Archive flat out revealed the single biggest plot twist of the franchise in a garbage overpriced DLC with ****ty gameplay. I think the vitriol directed at it is justified. TOKW came close to being unforgivable for introducing Connor to an entirely new POE outside the main story, but since he chucked it in the ocean in the end it didn't amount to much.

Shahkulu101
04-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Lost archive would potentially have been awesome if it was third person as originally intended. Then Amancio went all hipster on us - this is why I worry for unity if the rumors he is returning are true.

SixKeys
04-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Objectively, Freedom Cry is easily the best one. It's basically a (small) game in its own right. My personal favorite remains the Da Vinci Disappearance, though.

xboxauditore
04-07-2014, 04:44 PM
While I loved Freedom Cry, I have to give my vote to The Tyranny of King Washington due to the fact that it was so weird, and at the same time, awesome.

RinoTheBouncer
04-07-2014, 04:49 PM
The Tyranny of King Washington, Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities and Freedom Cry.
The Lost Archives holds a special place in my heart.

THE_JOKE_KING33
04-07-2014, 05:13 PM
ToKW easily, really wish they did something similar with Pirate/Sailing Mythos for AC4.

AherasSTRG
04-07-2014, 06:28 PM
For me, Freedom Cry is just a tad better than The Tyranny of King Washington, just for the great stealth opportunities it provided.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-07-2014, 06:32 PM
I don't really play much DLCs unless they were canon to the story, so Ive played TOKW and it was awesome, but I can't say it's the best because I haven't played the others.

TheArcaneEagle
04-07-2014, 06:37 PM
ToKW is a personal favorite of mine. But I was disappointed that you had to buy DLC to see Evil Washington with a PoE that should have been included in the main story, reinforcing Connor's supposed claim that he favors no side in Revolutionary America, and would therefore have to expose of Washington (but obviously not killing him).

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-07-2014, 06:43 PM
ToKW is a personal favorite of mine. But I was disappointed that you had to buy DLC to see Evil Washington with a PoE that should have been included in the main story, reinforcing Connor's supposed claim that he favors no side in Revolutionary America, and would therefore have to expose of Washington (but obviously not killing him).

Agreed. Was a bit disappointing but a fun story nonetheless.

SixKeys
04-08-2014, 12:30 AM
I don't really play much DLCs unless they were canon to the story, so Ive played TOKW and it was awesome, but I can't say it's the best because I haven't played the others.

All the DLCs except ToKW are canon. :p Well, it's technically canon but only in the weird sense that it both happened and didn't happen. Which feels like a copout to me.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-08-2014, 12:31 AM
All the DLCs except ToKW are canon. :p Well, it's technically canon but only in the weird sense that it both happened and didn't happen. Which feels like a copout to me.

Oh I see. And yes, it happened and didn't happen at the same time, if that makes sense. Maybe Ubi was trying to experiment with getting rid of realism?

Jexx21
04-08-2014, 12:38 AM

what
All of the DLCs were canon to the story and ToKW was only canon in the sense that it was a dream Connor had.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-08-2014, 12:42 AM
what
All of the DLCs were canon to the story and ToKW was only canon in the sense that it was a dream Connor had.

I didn't play the other DLCs so I wouldn't know if they were canon or not, but now I know thanks to you guys telling me. I haven't played AC in a long time, then eventually got sucked in via AC3, and I used to think that DLCs were just extra content not relating to the story.

Long story short, I read that the TOKW was canon so thats the only reason I bought it lol

SixKeys
04-08-2014, 12:59 AM
AC2's DLC is actually cut content that was originally meant to be in the game, but the devs couldn't finish it in time, so it was later released as DLC. So it's not only canon, it was never meant as DLC in the first place.

I recommend all the DLCs released so far except The Lost Archive.

frodrigues55
04-08-2014, 01:09 AM
AC2's DLC is actually cut content that was originally meant to be in the game, but the devs couldn't finish it in time, so it was later released as DLC. So it's not only canon, it was never meant as DLC in the first place.

I don't know if I buy that. Those sequences scream "filler!!" to me and makes no difference to the story at all. They game was pretty well rounded by then - you have the Apple, go to Rome and finish it. The length was perfect and that was the freaking climax of the story.

Then, suddenly, it just breaks the plot and leads you to nowhere different just so you can go back to where you stopped. That doesn't seem like the regular flow of the game, it seems it was added, not cut. Had it never been released, people probably wouldn't feel any difference.

I actually liked the game more without those sequences being mandatory to the main plot. Now, it just kinda drags.

pacmanate
04-08-2014, 03:50 AM
Da Vinci Disappearance is my FAVOURITE

Bojanglesz
04-08-2014, 08:10 AM
I had to vote for TOKW just because of Connor.