PDA

View Full Version : Just a little rant.

MudRubine
04-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Just a little rant.
I had to redo my hard drive, and being used to the service that is steam, I didn't even consider that I would lose all my hard progress in AC4. Instead, I re-install everything, only to find that all my 30+ hours of progress are gone... I enjoyed the game so far, but I cannot be asked to replay all of this, so that's it, I'm done with AC4.

WTF? There's always a sync screen after every gaming session, and in my uplay account the progress shows up correctly. Why is the save file not synced as well? I know now that this service has been off for several months now, but a simple message on the sync-screen would've really helped. You're forced to buy into all these ecosystems (steam, uplay, origin,...) with all sorts of online stuff that I never use, and the single thing that is useful is deactivated. Seriously?

Then I foolishly thought I'd send an email with some suggestions on how to improve the service. But no. When you click on the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page on ubi.com, there isn't actually any contact details. There're a few links, but two of the three don't actually go anywhere (webmaster link is dead, corporate website has restricted access), and the remaining one leads to a FAQ with no contact option either. Well thank you for your service.

If this is the level of support, then I guess I'm done here. I'll stick to games from another publisher in the future.

Locopells
04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
You know you can turn the cloud saving back on if you want, right?

Oh and Google Ubi Support. It ain't great. but it's there, if you want to send in suggestions.

Black_Widow9
04-07-2014, 02:34 AM
Just a little rant.
I had to redo my hard drive, and being used to the service that is steam, I didn't even consider that I would lose all my hard progress in AC4. Instead, I re-install everything, only to find that all my 30+ hours of progress are gone... I enjoyed the game so far, but I cannot be asked to replay all of this, so that's it, I'm done with AC4.

WTF? There's always a sync screen after every gaming session, and in my uplay account the progress shows up correctly. Why is the save file not synced as well? I know now that this service has been off for several months now, but a simple message on the sync-screen would've really helped. You're forced to buy into all these ecosystems (steam, uplay, origin,...) with all sorts of online stuff that I never use, and the single thing that is useful is deactivated. Seriously?

Then I foolishly thought I'd send an email with some suggestions on how to improve the service. But no. When you click on the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page on ubi.com, there isn't actually any contact details. There're a few links, but two of the three don't actually go anywhere (webmaster link is dead, corporate website has restricted access), and the remaining one leads to a FAQ with no contact option either. Well thank you for your service.

If this is the level of support, then I guess I'm done here. I'll stick to games from another publisher in the future.
Hello and welcome to the Forums :)
In order to disable and enable cloud saves please take a look at this Support Article:
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=60&brandid=2030&productid=3888&faqid=kA030000000eT7PCAU

Here is one also on how to back up your save files in the future:
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI

Thank you for letting us know about the links. I just checked them out and you are indeed correct.

You can give feedback from the Support home page:
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

After you click on the link, on the left hand side is "My Questions". Click that and then the tab "Ask A Question". From there, for this instance, click Product= Uplay, Category= General Feedback, and then fill out the rest.

Thanks ;)