PDA

View Full Version : Heart of Nightmares - Patchnotes

Aza404
04-04-2014, 01:29 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/HoN_patchnotes.png

Dear Champions,

Please find the patchnotes for the expansion Heart of Nightmares that will be released on Wednesday 9th of April 2014.
For more information on the maintenance times, please check this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/866475

Patchnotes - Heart of Nightmares

Features / Design

New menu flow and UI.
New Ranking and Matchmaking system: Players are now ranked in Tiers from 1 to 8 and by progression within their Tier. The progression in a Tier for a player will be mainly influenced by its Match Making Ranking (MMR, previously ELO). The MMR is never directly shown to the player. The MMR is affected by playing any type of ranked duel. Starting with Tier 6, the ranking of the player is no more based on his MMR but on Champion Points (CP). MMR or CP decays over time. A player cannot be demoted, except when we reset the ladder. The ladder will be reset monthly.

Rearranged the Deckbuilder. Added Filters, Search field, UI upgrade.

Changes to the Economic system

Shop & Items:
- Divided the shop in 2 categories, Standard and Legacy (Standard = Base Set 2 and up, Legacy = Base Set 1, Herald of the Void, Void Rising, Forgotten Wars, Five Towers).
- Added the Super Pack (2 rare or rarer guaranteed + Wildcards) as a Standard shop item
- Boxes of the Standard shop now contain Super Packs
- Boosts are now time-based instead of working for a fixed amount of duels
- Removed: Heroic Packs, Premium Packs, Emilio's Pack, Small Packs

Ranked Duels Rewards:
- Now time-based instead of damaged-based

Daily Rewards:
- Gold and Tournament Tickets will be given as Daily Rewards for logging in. Wildcards will become the prize at the end of the seven consecutive day cycle.

Campaigns:
- Rewards for completing the Campaigns reviewed

Altar of Wishes:
- values of all cards reviewed

Achievements:
- Rewards for completeing the Achievements reviewed

Level up:
- Rewards for leveling up reviewed

Swiss Tournaments:
- Rewards: 1st Place (Superpack from latest series) / 2nd Place (Pack from the latest series + Pack from Base Set 2) / Random Prize (Tournament ticket + Pack from Base set 2)

Implemented two distinct game Formats for Ranked Duels:

Standard format: Only cards from Base Set 2, Heart of Nightmares and upcoming series of the seasons.
Open format: All cards.
Weekly custom formats for Jackpot and Swiss Tournaments added.

Achievements:
- Removed: 'You Call This Invasion?', 'For Honor and Duty!', 'Wolf Soldier', 'Born to Rise Above All', 'Ready to Rumble!'
- Some rewards for achievements changed

Opening Packs now takes place on a distinct screen accessible from the Cards and Decks menu.

All abilities a creature has now displays an icon on the card, and not only from abilities gained from other cards.

Changed the single player Campaigns. Completing a Campaign unlocks the Puzzle for that perticular campaign.

Daily Quests feature added: Daily Quests are special achievements that can be done multiple times.

Rearranged the Help menu to be more comprehensive.

Updated the location where the players' replay file is. Now by default in: C:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\Might and magic duel of champions\Replay

Rebalanced several cards:

Academy

Glyph-Carved Golem
Req. 4/4/0
Now Req: 3/4/0

Haven

Imperial Guard
Req. 5/0/0
Now Req: 4/0/0

Eleonore
Req. 5/2/0
Now Req: 3/3/0

Blazing Glory
Req. 6/1/0
Now Req: 5/2/0

Tithe Collector
Req. 1/0/0
Now Req. 0/0/1

Vestal
Req. 4/1/0
Now Req: 3/2/0

Sister
Req. 2/1/0
Now Req. 1/2/0

Griffin Battle Priest
Req. 2/3/0
Now Req. 2/2/0

Inferno

Chaos Imp
Req. 4/0/0
Now Req: 1/0/3

Breeder
Req. 2/1/0
Now Req: 1/1/0
Now called Gravid breeder

Chaos Sorceress
Req. 6/1/0
Now Req. 5/2/0

Breeder Mother
Req. 4/1/0
Now Req: 3/1/0

Hell Hound
Req.1/0/0
Now Req: 0/0/0

Void Arbiter
Req. 3/2/0
Now Req: 2/2/2

Necropolis

Atropos
Req. 5/0/0
Now Req. 4/0/1

Namtaru Channeler
Req. 2/3/0
Now Req: 2/2/0

Banshee
Req. 6/3/0
Now Req. 4/4/0

Moonsilk Spinner now a melee shooter

Decay Spitter now a melee shooter

Sanctuary

Ishuma
Ability cost 0
Now ability cost 1

Naga Tactician
Req. 2/0/0
Now Req: 1/0/1
Is now a melee Shooter

Kensei
Req. 6/0/0
Now Req: 5/0/0

Shanriya Priestess
Req. 4/1/0
Now req. 3/2/0

Okane no Okane
Req. 3/0/0
Now Req: 2/0/1

Stream Singer
Req. 2/1/1
Now Req: 1/1/1

Sayama Spy
Req. 2/0/1
Now Req. 2/0/2

Sayama Champion
Req. 2/0/0
Now Req. 3/0/0

Stronghold

Kelthor
Ability cost 0
Now ability cost 1 and can only target creature with enrage ability.

Blackskull vulture rider
Cost 4
Now cost 5

Neutral

Dark Assassin
Req. 2/0/0
Now Req. 3/0/0

Wandering Bard / Raider / Magic Peddler / Soothsayer
Req. 2/0/1
Now Req: 1/0/2

Helexian Librarian
Req. 2/0/0
Now Req. 0/0/2

Moonsilk Spider
Req. 2/3/0
Now Req:0/3/0
Now a melee shooter

Pao Hunter
Req. 2/0/0
Now Req: 1/0/0

Blind Brother
Req. 3/0/2
Now Req: 1/0/3
Now a melee shooter

Void Wraith
Req. 3/1/0
Now Req: 2/1/2

Void Keeper
Req. 4/1/1
Now Req: 3/1/2

Pao Deathseeker
COST 3
NOW COSTS 4

Greater Water Elemental now a melee-shooter

Fixes

Altar of Asha: You now have to choose both targets before the effect occurs. As such, you can no more sacrifice a creature to deploy another one on the same position.

Changed the ability of 'Kieran, Knight of Negation':
0: Deal 1 damage to every creature that dealt combat damage to Kieran, Knight of Negation during your opponent's last turn.

Card played trigger:
The card played triggers are now triggered only when card effects have all been executed. An example of this change is that if you now target a Chaos Imp with a Fire Bolt, you will not have to discard a card because the Chaos Imp will already have left the battleground when the Fire Bolt checks for played triggers.

Fixed a bug in which the 'Week of Tamed Spirits' was not working 'until the start of your next turn' when on the left pile of event cards
Fixed a bug in which the Infect ability of creatures on 'Soul Spire' or 'Tower of the Gardener' was not working as intended
Fixed a bug in which the 'Make a Wish' achievement could be completed without having 'Nur'
Fixed a bug in which using 'Spell Steal' on 'Enthrall' caused a creature to be banished
Fixed a bug in which 'Stone Shield' and 'Celestial Armor' didn't block the damage from 'Mana Storm'
Fixed a bug in which some Buildings were destroyed by 'Death Seal'
Fixed a bug in which 'Plague Bearer' was affected by 'Week of Austerity' when its cost dropped below 5
Fixed a bug in which 'Shi-no-Shi' was not banished if a 'Void Keeper' was deployed first by the opponent.
Fixed a bug which prevented resource gained by playing 'Whirlpool' on 'Okane no Okane'.
Fixed a bug in which the 'Chaos Seer' asked to discard cards even after dying from 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' under certain conditions.
Fixed a bug in which 'Nur, Spellweaver' draws a card after being deployed by 'Resurrection'
Fixed a bug in which being under the effect of 'Prison' prevented your Resources' production to increase. 'Prison' still prevent you to produce resources, but now you increase your resources production like you should.
Fixed a bug in which details about the hand of your opponent was revealed under certain conditions (cards that can change cost like the Blackskull Vulture Rider were changing places)

Enjoy,
Aza and the DoC Team

iceblaze9320
04-04-2014, 02:52 PM
In GMT time when can we expect the game to go live after the update?

TimoHassinen
04-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Could we possibly get some kind of comprehensive list of how the achievement rewards are changed? For example, what will replace small packs and Emilio's packs as rewards, and how will the amounts of seals change? It would be nice to know whether one should complete certain achievements before or after the big patch.

Also, it would be nice to get real numbers about wildcard price changes asap. There are probably many players like me wondering whether to use their wildcards now or later.

PanoulisVIP
04-04-2014, 03:31 PM
What about Seals??Willbe deleted or still exist and won only by levelin' up?Also What about gold,seals and tournaments tickets we already have..I hope still have them after expansion.

JasonParadise
04-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Could we possibly get some kind of comprehensive list of how the achievement rewards are changed? For example, what will replace small packs and Emilio's packs as rewards, and how will the amounts of seals change? It would be nice to know whether one should complete certain achievements before or after the big patch.

Also, it would be nice to get real numbers about wildcard price changes asap. There are probably many players like me wondering whether to use their wildcards now or later.

This will be covered on the Team Stream today in a two hour long Q&A. Feel free to join starting at 3pm Eastern on http://www.twitch.tv/duelofchampions

Kaiser.Cat
04-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Card played trigger:
The card played triggers are now triggered only when card effects have all been executed. An example of this change is that if you now target a Chaos Imp with a Fire Bolt, you will not have to discard a card because the Chaos Imp will already have left the battleground when the Fire Bolt checks for played triggers.

[snip]

Fixed a bug in which 'Nur, Spellweaver' draws a card after being deployed by 'Resurrection'
I don't get it.

Ussoro
04-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Shouldn't Sayama Stalker be re-balanced too? She seems too powerful for a common card. She should deal 1 less ambush dmg or have 1 less health or cost 3. She is a lot better than most other factions 2 cost common creature.

malkorion
04-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Card played trigger:

[snip]

I don't get it.

What is it that you don't get? Be more specific.

sir_z
04-04-2014, 07:17 PM
What is it that you don't get? Be more specific.

I think the issue is that if card effects trigger after the card is played and the effect has been fully resolved it makes more sense for Nur's spell effect to trigger on the resolution of Resurrection than not.

Essentially the bug here is that Nur's effect was triggering on resolution of the spell instead of on casting, and now at the same time they change card triggers to resolve at resolution, they're changing this one interaction to not trigger on spell resolution, but on casting which makes no sense.

ulpsz
04-04-2014, 08:57 PM
now I'm realy dissapointed in the team....clearley nobody here has any idea about game ballance...

I can understand about keltor...(change was unnecessary but with the general low power level trend it was expewcted) but WHY ON EARTH MAKE HIM AFFECT ONLY CREATURES WITH ENRAGE??????!!!! - what is op about the ability affaecting creatures with bloodlust ???

and the fact that the imp cannot trigger his ability in the same turn he is kileed makes it useless (it has 1 life for christssake it dies from a draft) - actually with the good change in his cost it might have been playable now ,,,,

you changed vulture but you did not touch the ridiculous olefant??

how can you make such stupid things... really..

kieran change is ok...(why didi it take so long to come up with a simple solution like that??) and why did you forget to do something about siegfried???

and it was actually starting to look well..

ill quit this game after heart of nighmares and sell my account...this is starting to feel like the dumb and dumber movie

MamuzShah
04-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Ishuma and kelthor nerfs will have a lot of impact.

superktro
04-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Good changes but of no use ubi
your greed willl kill the game
take my word for it
Its better to have a medium looking wife than a good looking characterless backstabber.
So bye bye forums. After release am switching to loyal and truthful blizzard entertainment

larkhainan
04-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Are heroic packs gone altogether or just the bs1 ones are gone with bs2 ones replacing them? It sounds like the former, which is kinda saddening.

After release am switching to loyal and truthful blizzard entertainmentI wish to join you in this parallel dimension you are traveling to where Blizzard is a decent company that hasn't been lying about content pushes for over half a decade.

Ivo54
04-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Magic peddler at 2 destiny already killed kelthor, ff into vulture comes 2 turns after prison now

ArcaneAzmadi
04-05-2014, 09:13 AM
Like the balance changes except for Banshee and Kelthor.

Hate almost everything else. Most especially every single economic change.

Oh and the fact that this patch is going to take FORTY HOURS to deploy is some kind of world record for ineptitude.

Screw you Ubi.

Bazaltovy
04-05-2014, 09:27 AM
Oh and the fact that this patch is going to take FORTY HOURS to deploy is some kind of world record for ineptitude.

Screw you Ubi.

Remember how it was before? 4 hours of maintenance, 7 days of retweaking errors and so on?
One long maintenance will be safer for sure.

ill quit this game after heart of nighmares and sell my account...this is starting to feel like the dumb and dumber movie

You know it's illegal, right?
PS. I always liked "Dumb and Dumber".

And about Kelthor... When was the last time you saw him using his ability on someone else than Sahaar Brute?
Exactly (http://i.imgur.com/aoS8JJH.png).

larkhainan
04-05-2014, 09:52 AM

That's not even vaguely high for a major patch in an online game.

malkorion
04-05-2014, 10:21 AM
About that scumbag meme X)

Wolf Captain is anything but defensive.

Kat's Grand Finale and Tower of Oblivion are also defensive. ;) - baz

YoroichiSama
04-05-2014, 10:55 PM
I see no problem with the current changes.

People who say " this " and " that " about certain cards - Are most likely people who simply 1 deck type players.

In general this new update is very good. And about game balance - someone mentioned that this company has no idea on it? - well you are quite wrong.
Since i played many card games. I can conclude 1 thing for sure. If you want to make balance. Burn everything down and start a new. That is the best way to balance things up.
And actually making sure that BS1 goes out almost completely and that only a few cards will stay, is actually a great way to balance things up.

As for someone saying it will cost us more money ? - i am pretty sure that every game costs money. And considering the price of this game it is not that pricy. 70 euro for 6400 seals is affordable and considering we will most likely get good price out of it from Super packs - well worth the spending.

Someone was saying something about the elephant - well try guessing what is worse Vulture ( with - 1 mana / creep /// or some Useless elephant )

All in all, after new expansion is released - this game will finally start playing using some strategy, rather than " Kelthor or Lock or Some other random running thing around ".
And i think most of new players will be happier this way. I personally will be mostly happy to finally see boring Lock decks go! ( nothing to be cried about, too boring to even be played).

I think this company should go as it is going. Making a good BS2 and in the end killing it for BS3 to ensure quality and happy gaming. And make sure people do not abuse over and over boring things.
If game and game meta will not progress and keep as it is in 1 place - the game will become too boring to be even considered by new players to play.

Regards

ArcaneAzmadi
04-06-2014, 04:24 PM
That's not even vaguely high for a major patch in an online game.

Riot can get an entire new season patch out in well under half a day and their game has actual graphics.

"Not even vaguely high"? In my experience, it's farcical.

Aza404
04-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Dear Champions,

A small error wlipped into the patchnotes.
Please note that this is not correct: "3rd Place (Tournament ticket + Pack from Base set 2)"

It has now been replaced by the correct statement:
"Random Prize (Tournament ticket + Pack from Base set 2)"

Best,
Aza

pacior352
04-07-2014, 09:39 AM
It would be better if the prize was for 3rd place.

DoubleDeck
04-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Ranked Duels Rewards:

Does this mean turn-based (i.e. the more turns taken in a duel)?

Cos time based would cause alot of people to wait the full 2.5 minutes before playing which can be frustrating.....

malkorion
04-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Ranked Duels Rewards:

Does this mean turn-based (i.e. the more turns taken in a duel)?

Cos time based would cause alot of people to wait the full 2.5 minutes before playing which can be frustrating.....

The reward is minute based, but it is also capped. So it would not make any sense to stall in hopes of more gold.

chaosmagez
04-08-2014, 09:31 PM
So anyone who bought that World Championship Road to Paris Pre-made deck, such as myself, are going to get screwed over by the new game balancing?

What the hell? Are you people serious?

For what reason should I or anyone else like me keep playing a game that just goes a screws you over without care.

Sertulariae
04-09-2014, 12:29 AM
after putting Pao Deathseeker up from cost 3, to 4 resource, i can't see any reason to play that game staple.
will there be a Legacy AND Standard version of staple creatures w/ different costs?

DarkProject00
04-09-2014, 07:43 AM
is the super pack gonna be the new Emilio?

malkorion
04-09-2014, 12:37 PM
is the super pack gonna be the new Emilio?

The Super Pack is no Emilio's Pack, my friend. The Super Pack is an exclusive product to Standard. It has 2 rares/epics/heroics, 4 uncommons, and 6 commons and most probably 2 wildcards.

ALSO: All new (and old?) boxes will contain super packs.

Valmarth
04-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Sorry but "changed" and "reviewed" do make this post a Patchnotes.
I should have all the info available to call it a patchnote.
Use spoiler if the patchnote would be to long, but I should not be refered to a stream I cannot watch and where all details will not be given. (this is the purpose of the patchnote by the way)

something reviewed or changed does not tell me anything about it. we need need details.

or just call it cliff, but not patch notes.

all changes should be written in a place where we all have access.
it is called transparency

Cpt.Handsome
04-09-2014, 01:03 PM
any official statements about new boxprices?
will honbox be 1500seals or below?

malkorion
04-09-2014, 02:05 PM
any official statements about new boxprices?
will honbox be 1500seals or below?

1500 seals for a box

I can tell you the wildcard prices:

BS2
1 / 3 / 5 / 7

Open
4 / 12 / 20 / 28

HoN
3 / 9 / 15 / 21

ManadarGhune
04-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Updated the location where the players' replay file is. Now by default in: C:\users\yourname\AppData\Local\Ubisoft\Might and magic duel of champions\Replay

Hello guys!

Be sure you save your Replay-Folder before updating the client!

Ubisoft delete the folder without copying the files in the new one!

Greets Manadar

L4t3ralu5
04-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Hi,

I didnt see anything in the patchnotes regarding replays (other than the folder location).
However, it seems you don't have to login in anymore everytime you want to watch a replay - awesome awesome awesome change, guys!!!

One small question: I could open a pre-HoN replay and view it, then the client crashed after 7 turns or so. So, are old replays supposed to be incompatible with the new client version?

ulpsz
04-26-2014, 12:11 AM
Remember how it was before? 4 hours of maintenance, 7 days of retweaking errors and so on?
One long maintenance will be safer for sure.

You know it's illegal, right?
PS. I always liked "Dumb and Dumber".

And about Kelthor... When was the last time you saw him using his ability on someone else than Sahaar Brute?
Exactly (http://i.imgur.com/aoS8JJH.png).

kid you are worse than a hipster woman....you should be entitled as - champion of lame excuses -

and since whan is it illegal to sell stuff from online games???

I'm not as fammiliar with this enviroment but as far as I heard and read this is very commonplace

LuziferXYZ
04-26-2014, 02:51 AM
kid you are worse than a hipster woman....you should be entitled as - champion of lame excuses -

and since whan is it illegal to sell stuff from online games???

I'm not as fammiliar with this enviroment but as far as I heard and read this is very commonplace
Are you real? Sry, your name is mainly known for trollposts but, seriously?! "since whan is it illegal"?
Since they wrote it in the AGBs or whatever it is called which you have to agree to. It is a grayzone to sell stuff (WoW etc., not allowed bla,bla) from online games but it is entirely different if you sell your Identity (account) of a game.
Bazaltovy said everything right (imo at least). But if you are to uninformed to understand this pls. don't blame the one who speaks the right words. -.-

ulpsz
04-27-2014, 03:12 AM
Are you real? Sry, your name is mainly known for trollposts but, seriously?! "since whan is it illegal"?
Since they wrote it in the AGBs or whatever it is called which you have to agree to. It is a grayzone to sell stuff (WoW etc., not allowed bla,bla) from online games but it is entirely different if you sell your Identity (account) of a game.
Bazaltovy said everything right (imo at least). But if you are to uninformed to understand this pls. don't blame the one who speaks the right words. -.-

first of all I thought he was "trolling " me

second; a friend showed me a forum where there are a ton of hearthstone accounts for sale.....and also others from other games

way I see it the account is legally mine only the game is ubi property

I allready said thet i'm not familiar with this gaming enviroment

and seriousley i'll be damned if I just waste 2 and a half years with this game and not make a dime ...

LuziferXYZ
04-27-2014, 11:12 AM
first of all I thought he was "trolling " me

second; a friend showed me a forum where there are a ton of hearthstone accounts for sale.....and also others from other games

way I see it the account is legally mine only the game is ubi property

I allready said thet i'm not familiar with this gaming enviroment

and seriousley i'll be damned if I just waste 2 and a half years with this game and not make a dime ...
First of all I am sorry because I sounded harder then I wanted to. My choice of words was also not the best.
If your friend showed you a forum with stuff that is (I will not name it) clearly illigal, would this make them legal? No.
You can sell everything you want but not everything you could sell is also legal.
The account is legally yours. But you sighned Terms of Use or at least agreed to them as you installed/made an account in this game.
And one of the points is that you can't sell your account. Sure, you could but if they catch you the bann of the account is also legal. And the buyer won't be happy about that. ^^

To your last sentence... if you "wasted" so much time why did you even bother to play it? I have a few games I play more then on a daily basis and I don't think "what a waste of time. I can't sell them." I enjoy them. And that is what a game should do. If at a point I don't like it anymore I move on. Did I make money of the time? No. Did I regret it? No. Was it worth? Of course.