whwhwhwhwhwhwat!?!?!

*saves*

*posts on tumblr*

*speculates*

???

Profit

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 05:36 AM
but seriously look at those graphics. I thought it was a painting for a second..

And I swear Arno looks like a woman in this picture...

deskp
04-04-2014, 05:40 AM
The black squares hiding the HUD of the game this really is, NOT assassins creed..

My guess anyways.

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 05:43 AM
Pretty sure it is Assassin's creed.

the streets remind me paris except less developed.

I get a hunchback from notre dame vibe from the screenshot.

which is odd because this is after that time period I think.

Legendz54
04-04-2014, 05:44 AM
Could be hhim before he gets his robes, that looks awesome btw.

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 05:46 AM
If this is really legit I feel sorry for Ubisoft having to deal with so many legit leaks.

It's like a boat full of 11 holes and you only have 10 fingers... :o

I still feel like Arno is a woman for some reason....

BoBwUzHeRe1138
04-04-2014, 05:49 AM
i dont know if this has been posted yet but saw it on reddit

http://i.imgur.com/R0s34U9.png?1

could be fake......?

but as you can see Arno has black/brown hair and a ponytail

what is with the assassins creed protags and ponytails:cool:

Doubt it's real. Anyone have a link to the video itself so we can all look at it in a larger screen?

deskp
04-04-2014, 05:52 AM
Doubt it's real. Anyone have a link to the video itself so we can all look at it in a larger screen?

That youtube channel does nt have a video like that

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 05:54 AM
Either someone is a really good artist and troll or this is a legit leak.

OOOORRR this is a screen cap from a really well-done unknown game photoshopped onto the screen.

Who knows.

We'll know depending how IGN and Ubisoft respond to the leak.

Legendz54
04-04-2014, 05:55 AM
I am looking through that channel now.. its either a faked image put together using his channel or he has deleted the video.

guardian_titan
04-04-2014, 05:56 AM
Long hair was quite common on men for quite a long time whether it be their natural hair or with wigs so not unusual that Arnauld would have a ponytail. Would be expected. But I suppose ponytails are becoming as iconic as the red sash. The beaked hood was supposedly iconic but now going out the window apparently.

I'm more disappointed in the reversion back to a dark haired protagonist. We haven't had that before. :rolleyes: Would be nice to see some variety. Got Edward for a brief break ... and then back to the dark haired assassin. There's more shades than dark brown/black. Light brown, chestnut brown, auburn, platinum blonde (sometimes seen as white), light blonde, dark blonde, strawberry blonde, carrot red ... just to name a few. All the assassins just seem to blend into each other when they all have the same hair color. :( It gets boring. Maybe I can hope the guy has green or grey eyes (not blue or brown for once) for some variation even if his eyes are only seen in cutscenes.

Whether or not that is a screen from Unity is questionable. Looks like it could be a Parisian street but why block the UI? Placeholder perhaps and the screen is from another alpha build? Won't know until Ubisoft decides to start chirping and that may not be until next week ... if we're lucky.

On him being a woman, if he was, I would think you could clearly see a bump near the upper arm to suggest a breast due to the angle of the person. There is none. So either it's a really flat chested woman, she wears a corset (which would be possible given the era), or it's a man. But if the woman was wearing a corset, the waist would be far more defined. Those things were often pulled so tight they could deform a woman's torso over time. That's true of any binding practice (China with women's feet, some Polynesian societies with neck rings, etc). The waist looks normal so doesn't suggest a corset being worn.

deskp
04-04-2014, 05:59 AM
there is this listed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NriQlHzoA4

there is no channel info around it so it could also be faked. but it's a thing i guess.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Hmmm... Reddit can an infamous troll sometimes - I would stick with sources that have a track record of being legit (yoyonoa, that french blog, kotaku maybe)

Legendz54
04-04-2014, 06:00 AM
there is this listed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NriQlHzoA4

there is no channel info around it so it could also be faked. but it's a thing i guess.

"copyright claim from Ubisoft"

its REAL

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 06:02 AM
OOOH **** ITS REAL!

UBISOFT COPYRIGHT CLAIMED IT!!!

Ubisoft don't you know copyright claiming it PROVES it's legit??? :rolleyes:

I'm so excited now!!

Female protagonist? :rolleyes:

deskp
04-04-2014, 06:03 AM
"copyright claim from Ubisoft"

REAL

But that link COULD be form ages ago. for example i could say:

"Hey look at this video you see Shay figthing connor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NriQlHzoA4 "

And people would believe it was real because of the suppsoed copyright claim on the info i posted.

The screenshot very well might be real, but that does not look like a ponytail to me.

Radman500
04-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Mayrice, imsorry, but look the physical build, its clearly a man

Legendz54
04-04-2014, 06:05 AM
Yea body structure Looks like a man to me, Graphics look amazing from what i can see, and this guy reminds me of an Ezio/Connor mix.

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 06:05 AM

Is it? It looks like a bulky female build to me..... :(

But what do I know. I suck at anatomy.

deskp
04-04-2014, 06:06 AM

yeah te shoulders/toro looks like a man.

And the suppsoed boobbs people saw in the sneek peek was jus his clothes bulging when he was leaning over.

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 06:08 AM
Whatever, just more assassin men for me to mind boggle over.

And if it turns out to be a woman I can just say I called it.

So either way is fine for me I guess. Design looks amazing either way.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
04-04-2014, 06:34 AM
Yeah... there's no way for us to tell if that copyright claimed video is the same video or even that person's channel. Could be an entirely different video. I'd love for this to be real but something about is telling me it's not. hope I'm wrong.

Legendz54
04-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Yeah... there's no way for us to tell if that copyright claimed video is the same video or even that person's channel. Could be an entirely different video. I'd love for this to be real but something about is telling me it's not. hope I'm wrong.

Believe what you wish but i'm just going to bring up some stuff.

The fact that the screen shows that its on that channel and when you look its not there means it was either a well put together screenshot with some game we have never seen before that looks like its in Paris, or it was a video deleted from ubisoft.. hence the "Copyright claim"

alekiratu
04-04-2014, 07:14 AM
To be honest, this looks like a painting by an extraordinarily talented fan. The alley is exact same one in the trailer. Why is the leak screenshot at the exact same place and not somewhere new? Of course, it could also be a coincidence.

I don't see how people are seeing a woman. The upper body looks too bulky and muscular. In fact, it looks even more bulkier than in the Kotaku screnshots. Hmmmm...

If this is real though, than I'm definitely excited. Looks the city will have a gritty atmosphere.

Aphex_Tim
04-04-2014, 08:17 AM
If this is real and it's how the game is going to look, my excitement level is gonna go through the roof.

D.I.D.
04-04-2014, 08:55 AM
If this is really legit I feel sorry for Ubisoft having to deal with so many legit leaks.

It's like a boat full of 11 holes and you only have 10 fingers... :o

I still feel like Arno is a woman for some reason....

Very little, if anything, that you see is an actual leak. This is a clever publicity machine that keeps speculation going at a smart pace, and encourages a plausible narrative around each blip. They never, ever, lose control of the project.

D.I.D.
04-04-2014, 09:03 AM
The black squares hiding the HUD of the game this really is, NOT assassins creed..

My guess anyways.

I'd prefer it if the HUD is down there. My eyes don't go to the bottom corners like they want to go to the top corners when looking at the world. Traditionally, you place HUD above the action because that's the quickest place for the eyes to go, and in the early days of arcade games where virtually everything was a twitch game the player needed instant feedback. But now, I'd be happy for that info to move down. I think the view of the street feels significantly bigger in that layout.

rob.davies2014
04-04-2014, 09:35 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t31.0-8/q77/s720x720/1909332_612259625523121_1659526690_o.jpg

To me, this clearly looks like concept art rather than gameplay.

deskp
04-04-2014, 10:50 AM

Thats because you are looking at a super bad quality blurry image. Look at the larger image and you can see polygons.

That image you posted has also gone through photoshop in order to brrigthen it up and stuff.

marvelfannumber
04-04-2014, 11:03 AM
I dunno this looks kinda sketchy. Look at the people on the left, they look like they are painted and also the texture of the half-timber building in the center looks like paint aswell. I am quite sure this is concept art (whether or not it is for AC: Unity is up for debate). Also notice that the like bar on the YouTube part is green, this indicates that this video (if it existed) is quite old, which is odd.

The position of the HUD also looks just like AC3's HUD, which again would be consistent with concept art for a game that has been in development for quite some time (considering they used a new hud for Black Flag and the leaked gameplay screenshots).

rob.davies2014
04-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Thats because you are looking at a super bad quality blurry image. Look at the larger image and you can see polygons.

That image you posted has also gone through photoshop in order to brrigthen it up and stuff.

Even the first one looks like concept art to me.
Tell me where you see polygons?

D.I.D.
04-04-2014, 11:33 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t31.0-8/q77/s720x720/1909332_612259625523121_1659526690_o.jpg

Looks like the cobbles are a tesselation effect to me, and the distant building's appearance and filtering seems very game-like, as does the wood grain texture to the left (which looks very much like the high-contrast effect of a normal map).

We could easily be wrong, of course: maybe it's a painting, and the black boxes are just covering logos or text data. I didn't see the video before it was pulled.

AlexEzio89
04-04-2014, 11:35 AM
next week is new cover in game informer i am sure in the cover is the ac unity

deskp
04-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Even the first one looks like concept art to me.
Tell me where you see polygons?

All voer the timber on the left.

theres also the chair.

the fabric thing over the windows are also repeating.

the charather in the middle is msot definetley made out of videogame polygons, certianly not painted on there. just like the 'correctness of most of theis image is.

also this is not how they do concept art.

the majority of that image is definetley a collection of computer models. if its from assassins creed whose to say.

Thats what i hope, do they have a reveal date for the cover?? I ahd been hoping they would reveal it today, 1 month after arkham issue..

Reptilis91
04-04-2014, 12:00 PM
The screenshot has been leaked on a french website.... 2 weeks ago!

Here : http://www.gamekyo.com/blog_article329564.html Leaked by Sebthemajin, in the comments IN MARCH 21!

It is a target footage. He also said it is Anvil Next (it was this engine in 2012 at least). And he 's not aware of Comet, maybe because it is not as important as Unity.

And he says there is something really different from other AC in that Target Footage, and he hopes it remains in the final version.

silvermercy
04-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Hmm... looks like concept art to me...

Oh and yeah, agreed, I luv menz with ponytails! :p Thank you Ubisoft! :D Assassins need to have long hair. It adds to the er... assassin sassyness. ^^
By the way, I know he's French and all, but PLEEEASE don't give him a French mustache! Or mustaches in general... lol

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnezcfAob81qhufdto1_500.jpg

ACfan443
04-04-2014, 12:19 PM
The copyright claim makes it sound suspiciously legitimate. If that is in fact an in game shot, then damn it looks good.

deskp
04-04-2014, 12:20 PM
And he says there is something really different from other AC in that Target Footage, and he hopes it remains in the final version.

thats generally how it is, mainly i would assume it's the camera angles, usually a little tigther on the characther wich makes it feel like a different game.

Reptilis91
04-04-2014, 12:23 PM
To be more specific, a 2013 render target.

Aphex_Tim
04-04-2014, 12:29 PM
I luv menz with ponytails!

'sup? ;)

frodrigues55
04-04-2014, 12:29 PM
The blocked out HUD is really shady, it's what leads me to think it's a fake. I'm with the ones who also think the scenery looks like concept art.

Besides, if the pic really is 2 weeks out, that's probably all the video was. The user who uploaded it is Watch Dogs something and there's a new WD video being taken down by Ubi lately. Perharps that was it?

deskp
04-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Back to the ponytail then, do you mean the thing on the back?

I think that looks LIKE altairs sccimitar only with the handle up insetad of down. I do not think thats a super long wrapped ponytail.

Reptilis91
04-04-2014, 12:36 PM
No, the youtube video doesn't exist I think, only the screenshot is real.

D.I.D.
04-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Back to the ponytail then, do you mean the thing on the back?

I think that looks LIKE altairs sccimitar only with the handle up insetad of down. I do not think thats a super long wrapped ponytail.

Yeah, seems like a long dagger or something.

silvermercy
04-04-2014, 12:42 PM
'sup? ;)
lol *booking marriage registry*

deskp
04-04-2014, 12:48 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/w0ntz7.png

Reptilis91
04-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Wow, it's exactly the same!

JorgeChihuahua
04-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Guys I can confirm the video is at least a month old, not sure how old the screenshot is but the description says it was uploaded on March 2nd 2014

AlexEzio89
04-04-2014, 12:56 PM
nop if the new cover in game informer is the ac unity i am sur in to the release date is say " fall 2014"....and oficial release date is set to E3 is logic

True_Assassin92
04-04-2014, 12:59 PM
I think I've seen something very interesting, me thinks! It must be AC look at the symbol! It does look like the assassin logo!!:D

The little red sash beneath his hand has the AC logo on it/ part of it! Look closely!

I don't know how to upload a photo and encircle it...Can someone else do it?

Could be I'm delusional as well :p

TheJurre
04-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Guys I can confirm the video is at least a month old, not sure how old the screenshot is but the description says it was uploaded on March 2nd 2014

But it says 2014-04-02, It's has clearly been uploaded on the 2nd of April.

SixKeys
04-04-2014, 01:02 PM

Hmm, they look too much like the exact same weapon. That could mean it's just a clever photoshop.

The original screenshot looks too painterly to be real. If it is, then there's some weird blurring going on in the image. I wouldn't be surprised if someone finds the background is from DeviantArt and someone just slapped a photoshopped Ezio into the image.

marcbryan
04-04-2014, 01:05 PM

Oh my. If this is any indication of where the series is going I never want it to end. C'est magnifique!

Probably fake though.

jdowny
04-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Hmm, they look too much like the exact same weapon. That could mean it's just a clever photoshop.

The original screenshot looks too painterly to be real. If it is, then there's some weird blurring going on in the image. I wouldn't be surprised if someone finds the background is from DeviantArt and someone just slapped a photoshopped Ezio into the image.

Yeah, saw that as well. And if that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if the sword's from AC 1 too - it's too small to see clearly, but it appears to be in a scabbard, at least to me.

This honestly just looks to be a well-done digital painting. It doesn't have the same feel of the screenshots that were leaked earlier or the Unity teaser trailer. Not to mention that someone tried to pass this off as a youtube video when all evidence suggests otherwise.

Kirokill
It looks like Ezio with 17 year old Connor clothes using Altair dagger.

True_Assassin92
How to upload a picture? Dunno how to get one out of my files :p

silvermercy
04-04-2014, 01:07 PM

I was about to say that actually! Exactly this.

oliacr
04-04-2014, 01:07 PM
looks kinda... fantasy-style.

deskp
04-04-2014, 01:11 PM
does looks like simialr type and build sure, but that is not ezio or his characther model.

True_Assassin92
04-04-2014, 01:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/f0q9mq0.png?1

AC logo :p

Kirokill
04-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Wait why is the like bar green? on the original screenshot?

rob.davies2014
04-04-2014, 01:25 PM
No, the youtube video doesn't exist I think, only the screenshot is real.

The climb... is all there is.

marvelfannumber
04-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Wait why is the like bar green? on the original screenshot?

Yeah I noticed that too. This means that if the video is legit it was uploaded last year, before AC4 was even out.

deskp
04-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Yeah I noticed that too. This means that if the video is legit it was uploaded last year, before AC4 was even out.

Are you sure? does youtube not update at diferent times for diferent people? like facebook and google does??

marvelfannumber
04-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Are you sure? does youtube not update at diferent times for diferent people? like facebook and google does??

That is when it updated for the wayback machine atleast .

Also, I just noticed something odd, is that an American flag on the top of the Screenshot? Just a minor detail, but that is really quite peculiar.

True_Assassin92
04-04-2014, 01:42 PM
It's AC-related or at least they're trying to look like it's something from AC :p

Kirokill
04-04-2014, 01:46 PM

And the screenshot says release date of the video is in 2014.
Suspicious...

deskp
04-04-2014, 01:48 PM
That is when it updated for the wayback machine atleast .

Also, I just noticed something odd, is that an American flag on the top of the Screenshot? Just a minor detail, but that is really quite peculiar.

I saw that aswell, but if so its upside down. im not very aware of french revolution things but it could be soemthing else.

Wolfmeister1010
04-04-2014, 02:56 PM
I believe it is highly possible that it is a legit pic, but not in game. It looks very post processed, or is likely a concept art.

Hair looks like ezio

However, look at THIS:https://ton.twitter.com/1.1/ton/data/dm/452082326369890304/452082326395035648/DT47MT5y.jpg

One looks more post processed than the other..it MAY be in game.

Sushiglutton
04-04-2014, 03:05 PM
That's not just a random pony tail. It looks freaking lethal. Arno can just spin around to kill a room full of guards with that thing lol.

deskp
04-04-2014, 03:18 PM
I believe it is highly possible that it is a legit pic, but not in game. It looks very post processed, or is likely a concept art.

Hair looks like ezio

However, look at THIS:https://ton.twitter.com/1.1/ton/data/dm/452082326369890304/452082326395035648/DT47MT5y.jpg

One looks more post processed than the other..it MAY be in game.

i'm on the "its a target gameplay video screenshot" train. seems the msot reasonable so far.

DumbGamerTag94
04-04-2014, 03:33 PM
I don't think that that whole thing on his back is a pony tail. It looks like he has one but a small one like Ezio's. The thing on his back tho. That looks to me to either he a blow gun. Or we may finally get the short blade from AC1 back(cuz that's what it looks like to me)

jayjay275
04-04-2014, 04:01 PM
That doesn't look like a ponytail to me. It looks like the knife scabbard that Altair had on his back. Otherwise, that is a huge ponytail...

Agreed with bmark.

Kaschra
04-04-2014, 04:30 PM
If this is legit and not a fake, then I'm kinda disappointed in Arno's design.
Another dark haired protagonist, really? It's getting really old.

Assassin_M
04-04-2014, 04:36 PM
If this is legit and not a fake, then I'm kinda disappointed in Arno's design.
Another dark haired protagonist, really? It's getting really old.
Edward was blonde:p
They had to retcon the novel to do it even...

Kaschra
04-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Edward was blonde:p
They had to retcon the novel to do it even...

Haha yay, one playable with blond hair! One out of what? Eight playable characters? AMAZING

But seriously, it's boring. Why not light brown for a change? Or red? Or anything that isn't dark brown or black?
And I really hope Arno doesn't have brown eyes, too. Maybe blue, or even better, green.

jayjay275
04-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Haha yay, one playable with blond hair! One out of what? Eight playable characters? AMAZING

But seriously, it's boring. Why not light brown for a change? Or red? Or anything that isn't dark brown or black?
And I really hope Arno doesn't have brown eyes, too. Maybe blue, or even better, green.

We don't know if these images are real though. So we should only speculate, unless that is what you're doing already then continue :o.

AherasSTRG
04-04-2014, 04:54 PM
I don't think this is a Ponytail... (if it is real footage).

Kaschra
04-04-2014, 05:04 PM
We don't know if these images are real though. So we should only speculate, unless that is what you're doing already then continue :o.

Of course I'm only speculating :P

jayjay275
04-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Of course I'm only speculating :P

I like speculating, it helps pass the time. :P

AherasSTRG
04-04-2014, 05:07 PM
When do you actually think we 'll be getting a full trailer for the game? I think no Assassin's Creed titles will be present at PAX. Probably not to drive hype away from Watch_Dogs. That game has seen some bad publicity lately.

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 05:08 PM
The assassin weapons, the assassin logo, the video being removed immediatley by ubisoft....

this is either one cleverly controlled leak or a legit leak ubisoft really didn't want to reveal yet. I don't think it's fake.

I really dig the protagonist's new design.

jayjay275
04-04-2014, 05:12 PM
When do you actually think we 'll be getting a full trailer for the game? I think no Assassin's Creed titles will be present at PAX. Probably not to drive hype away from Watch_Dogs. That game has seen some bad publicity lately.
E3, nothing before.

The assassin weapons, the assassin logo, the video being removed immediatley by ubisoft....

this is either one cleverly controlled leak or a legit leak ubisoft really didn't want to reveal yet. I don't think it's fake.

You may be correct, but you may be wrong. Photoshop is a powerful tool.

egriffin09
04-04-2014, 05:15 PM

That's what I'm hoping for. I visited gameinformer's hub archieve and they already did covers for Destiny, The Order 1886, and Batman Arkham Knight. I think this month's cover will be either The Division or AC Unity. Honestly April would be a great month for AC Unity (articles and interviews) since nothing is going on in April.

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 05:20 PM
E3, nothing before.

Yeah bit it also takes an insanely skilled photoshopper to make that.

The textures, lighting, accuracy is all there.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-04-2014, 05:27 PM
E3, nothing before.

Aint that the truth. But still, I would take this with a grain of salt until it's officially stated from Ubisoft/AC themselves. Too many leaks can be fake no matter how good/exact they may be.

Reptilis91
04-04-2014, 05:30 PM
The youtube video was just using the screenshot of the french guy on Gamekyo. (this year the french are productive with AC informations and leaks, lol)

It is NOT photoshop, it's a real render target done in 2013, long before the teaser. So don't pay attention, it's not in-game screenshot.

deskp
04-04-2014, 05:33 PM

Being a target render video it would be the OLD design. Like how ac3's target video had the red slim Connor.

I much prefer the one seen in the sneek peek trailer, but i hope this outfit is still in the game shomehow, hopefully like more of a starter outfit.

jayjay275
04-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Aint that the truth. But still, I would take this with a grain of salt until it's officially stated from Ubisoft/AC themselves. Too many leaks can be fake no matter how good/exact they may be.
I am taking this with a grain of salt and am glad you're too. :p

The youtube video was just using the screenshot of the french guy on Gamekyo. (this year the french are productive with AC informations and leaks, lol)

It is NOT photoshop, it's a real render target done in 2013, long before the teaser. So don't pay attention, it's not in-game screenshot.
Evidence please. :)

Aphex_Tim
04-04-2014, 05:41 PM
lol *booking marriage registry*

Well, that was easy!

BATISTABUS
04-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Ezio confirmed.

Wolfmeister1010
04-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Oh my god..guys..GUYS

He has a scabbard

Aphex_Tim
04-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Le gasp!

silvermercy
04-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Ezio confirmed.
It looks merged with Connor, too. Connezio confirmed.

Wolfmeister1010
04-04-2014, 08:04 PM

What part looks like Connor? Lol.

He looks a lot like exio,.and also a lot like that awesome concept art of the victorian assassin, without the coat. And he has a scabbard!!! And a back attached knife similar to Altair..looks AWESOME.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-04-2014, 08:11 PM

I see some of the first assassins in there. Altezicon Confirmed :p

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 08:33 PM
He has hair.

Connor sequel confirmed.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
04-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Yeah... this would be DOPE if it was real.

I'm still not buying it until more evidence of it's validity surfaces. If it's true that we get scabbards and holsters for weapons...that's awesome. Regarding the outfit, hopefully this means there are a selection of different outfits to choose from but I'm not holding my breath.

I just want to run around Paris is white and red robes with a hood. Is that too much to ask? I don't even care if it's the default outfit or not... just the option to continue the look would be nice. We didn't really get that in AC4....

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 08:40 PM
AC franchise would be my favorite if they added a hug button. :rolleyes:

The possiblities... :rolleyes:

Kaschra
04-04-2014, 08:47 PM
AC franchise would be my favorite if they added a hug button. :rolleyes:

The possiblities... :rolleyes:

Like hug assassinations! :D

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Like hug assassinations! :D

It would be the avoid-easily-avoidable-conflicts button. Don't want to kill haytham? hug him! Don't want to kill your best friend? hug him! :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
04-04-2014, 09:03 PM
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/1179/11799911/2497275-acunity.jpg

Hard to tell... definitely looks like conceptual art IMO.

Aphex_Tim
04-04-2014, 10:03 PM

Conziair confirmed.

Edit: Looks like I'm late to the party... :(

Kiroku
04-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Is it just me or do I really see a dagger on his back? ;)

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140404/vk5kxg2l.png

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 10:19 PM
^was already pointed out. Same exact one as another assassin's.

GunnerGalactico
04-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Is it just me or do I really see a dagger on his back? ;)

It kind of resembles Altair's short blade. :p

Kiroku
04-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Damn. Was obvious that Im late haha.

I want more informations. This really looks like Artwork but graphically its possible.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-04-2014, 11:02 PM

This may be a game, but it is not an Assassin's Creed Game
I see 2 buildings on the right and the left of me...nothing screams climb me to get away.....
Maybe this is a screen shot from The Order 1886

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 11:04 PM
This may be a game, but it is not an Assassin's Creed Game
I see 2 buildings on the right and the left of me...nothing screams climb me to get away.....
Maybe this is a screen shot from The Order 1886

Not a chance. The Order: 1886 has 4 characters in a victorian london setting. Plus it's screen is specified so you can't see their feet.

Not to mention in this screenshot, the building in the distance looks like a building from paris.

Example:

http://www.retroweb.com/gallery/cache/Studio%20Backlots/RKO%20Encino%20Ranch/Bison%20Archives/Notre%20Dame%20square/RKO%20Ranch%20Hunchback%20At%20Swords%20Point%20RK O%201943001_595.jpg

STDlyMcStudpants
04-04-2014, 11:13 PM
Not a chance. The Order: 1886 has 4 characters in a victorian london setting. Plus it's screen is specified so you can't see their feet.

Not to mention in this screenshot, the building in the distance looks like a building from paris.

Example:

http://www.retroweb.com/gallery/cache/Studio%20Backlots/RKO%20Encino%20Ranch/Bison%20Archives/Notre%20Dame%20square/RKO%20Ranch%20Hunchback%20At%20Swords%20Point%20RK O%201943001_595.jpg

These buildings are everywhere....
My theory is a painting with ezio and altairs dagger haha
Photoshop...really good photoshop
I just cant see this world in an assassins creed game..it feels too folkloreish

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 11:16 PM
the screenshot does look like an older time period than this one:

http://www.explosion.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Assassins_Creed_Unity-1.jpg

Maybe it'll be like AC III and have you play years in the past before it gets to the main characters timeline?

Or maybe this is from another AC game entirely. AC:V or AC:VI :rolleyes:

Graphics too good to be AC: Comet

souNdwAve89
04-04-2014, 11:24 PM
The town really reminds me of something out of The Witcher series...

Jexx21
04-04-2014, 11:31 PM
I hope we really do get Altair's knife in this game. I've been wanting that since AC2 where there's a knife holster on the back of the robes but no knife.

marvelfannumber
04-05-2014, 12:12 AM
the screenshot does look like an older time period than this one:

Maybe it'll be like AC III and have you play years in the past before it gets to the main characters timeline?

Well most of those half-timbered houses in Paris were replaced shortly after the Great Fire of London in 1666. So I doubt that would be the case considering how broad of a time difference there is (this can sort of be seen in this engraving):

http://i.imgur.com/rdygqFW.jpg

Some of those half-timbered buildings did survive though (about 3% maybe?), and there are still a few rare survivours today:

http://i.imgur.com/Wa5CvnK.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
04-05-2014, 12:55 AM
omigosh there's a quick reply option! :o

Well most of those half-timbered houses in Paris were replaced shortly after the Great Fire of London in 1666. So I doubt that would be the case considering how broad of a time difference there is (this can sort of be seen in this engraving):

http://i.imgur.com/rdygqFW.jpg

Some of those half-timbered buildings did survive though (about 3% maybe?), and there are still a few rare survivours today:

http://i.imgur.com/Wa5CvnK.jpg

Oh cool.

Now I'm even more convinced it's a back-in-time thing

marvelfannumber
04-05-2014, 01:27 AM
Oh cool.

Now I'm even more convinced it's a back-in-time thing

No problem I guess. Note to self, stop making posts right before you go to bed, waii did I type that out loud? Cra....

pacmanate
04-05-2014, 04:15 AM
If this is real it would be awesome, I have been waiting for another short blade with a sheathe.

Also you guys talking about going forward and backward in time, that could be really awesome.

They could have two versions of Paris, one set around the start with it being all gritty and one at the end more lively BUT with changes to architecture, or vice versa.

JustPlainQuirky
04-05-2014, 04:24 AM
If this is real it would be awesome, I have been waiting for another short blade with a sheathe.

Also you guys talking about going forward and backward in time, that could be really awesome.

They could have two versions of Paris, one set around the start with it being all gritty and one at the end more lively BUT with changes to architecture, or vice versa.

Doubt it'll happen though because the time difference is pretty large plus some of those wooden buildings exist to this day.

I think the screenshot just shows some of the darker slums of paris.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
04-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Doubt it'll happen though because the time difference is pretty large plus some of those wooden buildings exist to this day.

I think the screenshot just shows some of the darker slums of paris.

...this is totally unrelated but I busted up at your sig.

JustPlainQuirky
04-05-2014, 07:20 AM
...this is totally unrelated but I busted up at your sig.

My signatures tend to do that :rolleyes:

Thanks

Kit572
04-05-2014, 07:30 AM
is it just me, or does Arno's ponytail in the screenshot posted by the OP look a bit Indian?

eagleforlife1
04-05-2014, 07:47 AM
It's just you.

jayjay275
04-05-2014, 08:56 AM
It is a long time till E3...

TheArcaneEagle
04-05-2014, 09:38 AM
That isn't a ponytail, that looks like a short-sword like Altairs with a scabbard. I cant' imagine a French assassin with a ponytail as long as that.

Layytez
04-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Are Ubisoft seriously running out of hair styles for their assassin's ?

BloodHerritage
04-05-2014, 10:19 AM
1st, i could be wrong but couldn't this be one of those fan-arts on Victorian London made after Ac2?

2nd: if this is real. the sneekpeak looked pretty much like concept art in the empty street for me too, maybe it's the uncanny valey but it felt quite wrong (even tho the grapphics were amazing when the video was playing, i mean when the image was stopped). It has the same style that empty street so i do believe it's true, however it's so compressed (that's what makes the blurriness) that it looks like hand-made concept art.

Reptilis91
04-05-2014, 11:50 AM
It's from a render target video, so this is not in game. And yes, the screenshot sucks, but the video was more ambitious than the sneekpeak.

jayjay275
04-05-2014, 12:08 PM
It's from a render target video, so this is not in game. And yes, the screenshot sucks, but the video was more ambitious than the sneekpeak.

"Aw, why you always got to spoil the sport?"
No but seriously, how do you know it's a render target video? I won't believe what you say until you have evidence.

DumbGamerTag94
04-05-2014, 11:32 PM

could be fake......?

Just something I noticed. But his outfit doesn't look like the traditional assassin hood. It actually looks like the red trimmed blue jackets of the American continental army or the French army post-revolution. So could arno's story start off as a soldier? I know French troops served in the American Revolition and many others like Lafayette came to America to serve the colonists. So it could be possible that Arno became an assassin during the American revolution. Serving either the US or the French forces there. Meaning he could have been trained by Connor. This could be the way Connor could get a cameo in this game. It would also explain the blue and red looking coat he has in this picture and the white military style belt over his shoulder and waist with cartridge box on the back. Just a theory. He may just steal a uniform from a French soldier for a mission an that's what this is. But just a theory

LieutenantRex
04-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Are Ubisoft seriously running out of hair styles for their assassin's ?

I know right! Seriously, Ezio, Connor, Edward, now this guy. What's with all the ponytails? Don't get me wrong, men with ponytails look smexy AF, but after a while...

Also, it's entirely possible for a French Assassin to have such long hair. It wast he style back then, and a soldier's queue was supposed to be especially long in France.

Layytez
04-06-2014, 01:31 AM
I know right! Seriously, Ezio, Connor, Edward, now this guy. What's with all the ponytails? Don't get me wrong, men with ponytails look smexy AF, but after a while...

Also, it's entirely possible for a French Assassin to have such long hair. It wast he style back then, and a soldier's queue was supposed to be especially long in France.

Haytham too.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 01:33 AM
I didn't even notice edward had a ponytail until now

deskp
04-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Stop saying it's a ponytail already.

Aphex_Tim
04-06-2014, 09:02 AM
So, how is Arno going to fit in with Enzio, Haymitch, Coner and Eduard?

oliacr
04-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Those names :D:D He will anyway.

Kiroku
04-06-2014, 11:11 AM
This is a case for Mr. Shade ! :D

Time for a statement ! But tbh: Comparing AC3 graphics with Black Flag and now with Unity... I think its totally possible. Particularly if its a next gen only game.

silvermercy
04-06-2014, 12:39 PM
So, how is Arno going to fit in with Enzio, Haymitch, Coner and Eduard?
I'm pretty sure Arno is not his exact name, so I think he fits perfectly! lol

Sushiglutton
04-06-2014, 03:04 PM

Hmm that's way more interesting than a haircut. This combined with how the sneak-peek was designed to look a lot like the AC1 trailer makes me wonder exactly what role Altair will play in this. Especially since the creative director from Revelation is returning.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 03:07 PM
I do want Mr.Shade to say something about the screenshot :o

Even if Ubisoft can't commnent on rumors.

But come on look at that screenshot

I-Like-Pie45
04-06-2014, 03:17 PM
I demand pics of your ponytail, Mayrice
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Creepy-Cat-Hiding-Behind-Bed.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 03:18 PM
I haven't worn a ponytail in forever :eek:

I-Like-Pie45
04-06-2014, 03:22 PM
then do it
http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Creepy-Cat-Hiding-Behind-Bed.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 03:31 PM
I did not grow long lucious hair for it to be constrained by the horror that is hair ties :mad:

jayjay275
04-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Mr_Shade has been awfully quiet recently.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 04:05 PM
^probably on a mission with the FBI to track down the leaker :rolleyes:

DumbGamerTag94
04-06-2014, 04:11 PM

That's what I thought it was! It looks like exactly the same blade! Could it be a family heirloom? After all according to the email in AC4 the French Revolution Assassin, and Altiar are both from Desmond's mother's side. So this "Arno" character is most likely Altiar's direct descendant, meaning that could very well be the EXACT SAME blade that Altiar used in AC1, and also that we still clearly are not done with Desmond's ancestors yet so that whole claim that the email in AC4 was just a fake that was thrown together with the most fan requested settings just doesn't sit with me since it had all of the previous assassins in it AND the new one mentioned as well. Including two possible sequels listed(Example being: 19th century New England and American Midwest(potential Connor sequel during the Indian Wars/War of 1812) and the other being 19th century Napoleonic Wars(potential Arno sequel if things go well). So I feel that that email was thought through a little more than they claimed.

I wonder what kind of Role Altiar will have in this game. I hope its not flashbacks again like ACR. I would rather that his philosophies and character traits(and apparently weapons) were passed down in his family and culminate in his Great Great Great Great.....Great......etc.....Grandson Arno. Who could become just as influential as his ancestor.

I-Like-Pie45
04-06-2014, 04:12 PM
what about braids, mayrice

thats close enough to a ponytail for me

TheHumanTowel
04-06-2014, 04:13 PM

No one finds your off topic spam funny

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 04:20 PM
That's what I thought it was! It looks like exactly the same blade! Could it be a family heirloom? After all according to the email in AC4 the French Revolution Assassin, and Altiar are both from Desmond's mother's side. So this "Arno" character is most likely Altiar's direct descendant, meaning that could very well be the EXACT SAME blade that Altiar used in AC1, and also that we still clearly are not done with Desmond's ancestors yet so that whole claim that the email in AC4 was just a fake that was thrown together with the most fan requested settings just doesn't sit with me since it had all of the previous assassins in it AND the new one mentioned as well. Including two possible sequels listed(Example being: 19th century New England and American Midwest(potential Connor sequel during the Indian Wars/War of 1812) and the other being 19th century Napoleonic Wars(potential Arno sequel if things go well). So I feel that that email was thought through a little more than they claimed.

I wonder what kind of Role Altiar will have in this game. I hope its not flashbacks again like ACR. I would rather that his philosophies and character traits(and apparently weapons) were passed down in his family and culminate in his Great Great Great Great.....Great......etc.....Grandson Arno. Who could become just as influential as his ancestor.

Was going to say it was a coincidence but people don't coincidentally use the same art assets.

Nopety nope nope nope :p

Kirokill
04-06-2014, 04:30 PM

It would be surprising for the blade to live that long without being too rusty.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Mr. Shade has been kind of quiet recently, but he'll probably be as tightlipped about this as Corey May is about AC3 related stuff :p

jayjay275
04-06-2014, 04:34 PM
More action on neogaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=797318
Same stuff though.

I-Like-Pie45
04-06-2014, 04:34 PM

perpetual repair

or

very accurate replica

DumbGamerTag94
04-06-2014, 04:48 PM

Actually that's not true. Blades don't just rust for no reason, for that to happen the blade would have had to be left in a very wet place, or buried in the ground(this is considered relic condition for collectable weapons), but yet family heirlooms, or something that has been displayed indoors or a very long time, even something that has been maintained and sharpened and cleaned for years would be just as good as new.

For example my neighbor has a collection of authentic American Civil War weapons and one of the rifles in still fireable in mint condition. And the sabers he has are still in great condition to this day with no rust at all jut a blueish splotchy tint develops on the metal (patina). Now granted that those are only 150 years old, but I've seen others with American Revolution sabers and memorabilia in just as good condition and that's been over 200 years and they are still in fine condition, because they have been taken care of over the years.

So that blade would have to be 500 or 600 years old for Arno to use it, which isn't unreasonable since if every family member before him used the blade and cleaned it, sharpened it, maintained it, it could still be in excellent shape. Take the Japanese for example. Until WW2 it was common practice for families to hand down Katana swords, and some Japanese soldiers carried swords that had been in their families since the 14 and 1500s, just as clean and sharp as ever. So if it is a significant heirloom(it belonged to Altiar so obviously yes) then it is very possibly the very same blade, cared for and passed down in Altiar's family for generations.

Reptilis91
04-06-2014, 05:04 PM
ALTAÏR dude, Altaïr. Stop with Altiar please. x)

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 05:06 PM
I doubt the developers were thinking about sword longlevety when designing the scabbard.

Aphex_Tim
04-06-2014, 05:07 PM
I'm pretty sure Arno is not his exact name, so I think he fits perfectly! lol

True, lol. Let's wait for the original spelling though, then we'll see if 'Arno' is ******ed enough. :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
04-06-2014, 05:08 PM
ALTAÏR dude, Altaïr. Stop with Altiar please. x)
You all pronounce it wrong anyway, who cares about spelling..

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 05:09 PM
overtime I'm starting to think more and more that it's a controlled leak.

I know ubisoft took down the video, but...

I get suspicious when the video is taken down before anyone actually got a chance to see it. What, someone took the time to screenshot the pic but not download the video? Suspicious IMO

I-Like-Pie45
04-06-2014, 05:11 PM

Altaik Ivan La Ahood

Assassin_M
04-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Altaik Ivan La Ahood
close

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Well this person has that mini-sword Altair had....

Also has a single long sword...

Another random thing on his butt in a sheath or something. I assume it's blowdarts.

Then there's the assassin symbol on his leg.

The place does look like slums. Those wooden buildings looks like one of the houses that survived the great fire of london. So this might be the slums of london. This is pure speculation tho.

Really does look too well-done to be part of a clip. I'm not talking about the graphics. I'm talking about the perfect perspective and lighting and overall blend. So I don't think it was in the middle of a video playing rather it is was a pre-made stand alone screenshot.

Though that doesn't say if the leak was controlled or not.

I-Like-Pie45
04-06-2014, 05:20 PM
maybe unity is just a red herring and it doesn't exist

Aphex_Tim
04-06-2014, 05:22 PM
I don't find your off topic spam funny

There, fixed it for ya.

Kirokill
04-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Actually that's not true. Blades don't just rust for no reason, for that to happen the blade would have had to be left in a very wet place, or buried in the ground(this is considered relic condition for collectable weapons), but yet family heirlooms, or something that has been displayed indoors or a very long time, even something that has been maintained and sharpened and cleaned for years would be just as good as new.

For example my neighbor has a collection of authentic American Civil War weapons and one of the rifles in still fireable in mint condition. And the sabers he has are still in great condition to this day with no rust at all jut a blueish splotchy tint develops on the metal (patina). Now granted that those are only 150 years old, but I've seen others with American Revolution sabers and memorabilia in just as good condition and that's been over 200 years and they are still in fine condition, because they have been taken care of over the years.

So that blade would have to be 500 or 600 years old for Arno to use it, which isn't unreasonable since if every family member before him used the blade and cleaned it, sharpened it, maintained it, it could still be in excellent shape. Take the Japanese for example. Until WW2 it was common practice for families to hand down Katana swords, and some Japanese soldiers carried swords that had been in their families since the 14 and 1500s, just as clean and sharp as ever. So if it is a significant heirloom(it belonged to Altiar so obviously yes) then it is very possibly the very same blade, cared for and passed down in Altiar's family for generations.

I know iron, or metal rusts with oxygen and water. But with Altair's journey...
I just remembered, he can't swim, the blade sure can be alive.

Altair walad mahhad(ma77ad)
in my accent

Assassin_M
04-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Altair walad mahhad(ma77ad)
in my accent
Ooooh Syrian, Jordanian, Palestinian?

Kirokill
04-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Ooooh Syrian, Jordanian, Palestinian?

They call it Bahraini, or Bahrani. Your choice.

Assassin_M
04-06-2014, 05:35 PM
They call it Bahraini, or Bahrani. Your choice.
Ahhh dangit, I use Bahraini :D

ze_topazio
04-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Joseph

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I think this takes place in london prior to the great fire actually.

Look at the picture and read this description:

1.) London had become progressively more overcrowded inside its defensive city wall. It had also pushed outwards beyond the wall into squalid extramural slums

2.) The City was essentially medieval in its street plan, an overcrowded warren of narrow, winding, cobbled alleys.

3.) The crucial factor which frustrated firefighting efforts was the narrowness of the streets.Even under normal circumstances, the mix of carts, wagons, and pedestrians in the undersized alleys was subject to frequent traffic jams and gridlock.

4.) Building with wood and roofing with thatch had been prohibited for centuries, but these cheap materials continued to be used.

Source: Great Fire of London Wikipedia

What do you guys think? London confirmed along with Paris and Versailles? Timeskip incoming?

D.I.D.
04-06-2014, 05:58 PM
I think this takes place in london prior to the great fire actually.

Look at the picture and read this description:

1.) London had become progressively more overcrowded inside its defensive city wall. It had also pushed outwards beyond the wall into squalid extramural slums

2.) The City was essentially medieval in its street plan, an overcrowded warren of narrow, winding, cobbled alleys.

3.) The crucial factor which frustrated firefighting efforts was the narrowness of the streets.Even under normal circumstances, the mix of carts, wagons, and pedestrians in the undersized alleys was subject to frequent traffic jams and gridlock.

4.) Building with wood and roofing with thatch had been prohibited for centuries, but these cheap materials continued to be used.

Source: Great Fire of London Wikipedia

What do you guys think? London confirmed along with Paris and Versailles? Timeskip incoming?

It's already been suggested in the leaks that the game takes place on both sides of the English Channel. It's possible the shot/image represents London, but there isn't a particular reason to think it can't be Paris. Paris was also a heaving, ramshackle, overcrowded place, and the two cities share a vast amount of history, art, architectural influence and so on.

London was famously rebuilt on an identical city plan to the one it had been before the Great Fire, hence its weird form today. There aren't many places in London quite as narrow as that, and none I can think of near a major central London church or cathedral, but then again it's quite possible that streets which are alleyways today once contained shopfronts.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 06:03 PM
It's already been suggested in the leaks that the game takes place on both sides of the English Channel. It's possible the shot/image represents London, but there isn't a particular reason to think it can't be Paris. Paris was also a heaving, ramshackle, overcrowded place, and the two cities share a vast amount of history, art, architectural influence and so on.

London was famously rebuilt on an identical city plan to the one it had been before the Great Fire, hence its weird form today. There aren't many places in London quite as narrow as that, and none I can think of near a major central London church or cathedral, but then again it's quite possible that streets which are alleyways today once contained shopfronts.

Oh which leaks suggested that? :3

The only reason i thought it could be before the great fire was the type of thatch houses. But some survived so it's possible it's still london in the french revolution. It could also be paris. I don't have proof against it. Just sayin' it could be london I think.

I just like the idea of being able to go to paris, versailles, and london.

D.I.D.
04-06-2014, 06:14 PM

The only reason i thought it could be before the great fire was the type of thatch houses. But some survived so it's possible it's still london in the french revolution. It could also be paris. I don't have proof against it. Just sayin' it could be london I think.

I think it was the Neogaf thread, with the same leaker yet again claiming to have met a Ubisoft team member on a plane (for the second time in two games!) that said this, but I might be misremembering that. I'm 99% sure that it was one of the leaks that also proved to contain genuinely accurate info anyway. Unless my brain made this up for fun, but I don't think it did.

The houses that were especially blamed for the fire had enormous overhanging upper storeys, which pushed so far into the street that many buildings were almost touching their neighbours. This made it particularly easy for sparks to spread the fire. So you're right, there are signs of that kind of thing: the darkness at street level on what is obviously a sunny day, and the signs of possibly warped and reinforced areas in the wooden supports. But although the buildings were rebuilt on the same footprints as the old ones after London's fire, there was a lot more care taken to prevent owners from repeating the mistakes of the unregulated spread of the upper floors (which had actually been banned prior to the fire, but nobody had listened to the orders).

Reptilis91
04-06-2014, 06:21 PM
OK, I will explain you one more time: the youtube video doesn't exist. Actually a video exists, but the only leak was this screenshot on Gamekyo when the sneekpeak was released:

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/12/1395417634-snapshot20140321165804fg.jpg

On this page: http://www.gamekyo.com/blog_article329564.html Sebthemajin posted the 03/21/2014 at 06:01 PM.

2 posts below: "BTW I am still amazed that the images you share don't go all around the Web, everyone doesn't care about Gamekyo, even when a guy shows us a world-exclusive screen"

I'm pretty sure it's legit, because everybody in the Gamekyo communty trust that guy, and he uploaded the screenshot 2 WEEKS AGO. He did nothing to spread the picture on internet, neither the rest of the communtity.

Now, for the ones who trust him, he said a few interesting things.

it's from a render target video, he saw it last year.
Fun fact: Unity was supposed to be a Wii U game only.
Talking about the first scene of the teaser, the Hall of Mirrors: "it's funny to see this place empty and without damage."
Render target video was more ambitious than the sneekpeak, but it was a bit too much (he's talking about all the effetcs), the sneekpeak looks finer, more homogeneous, and more pleasant for the eyes.
But he has a preference for the render target concerning the characters appearance.
Something in that Target footage is completely new in the ACs, something he was waiting for a long time, but he doesn't know if it will still be in the final version. He didn't mention it, because he doesn't want to give vain hope.

The Youtube video was just the screenshot, plus a part of the sneekpeak.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Unity was supposed to be Wii U game only? Pfffffffffffft.

I'm the biggest nintendo lover here and I know Wii U can't handle those in-game graphics

Reptilis91
04-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Unity was supposed to be Wii U game only? Pfffffffffffft.

I'm the biggest nintendo lover here and I know Wii U can't handle those in-game graphics

What is the problem? Revelations was supposed to be a Nintendo DS game.

D.I.D.
04-06-2014, 06:31 PM
I could believe Comet being a WiiU-only idea at first. The French Revolution seems like a bit too big of a topic to gamble away on Nintendo's weakest system.

Revelations on DS made sense, since the DS was massively successful already.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Just thought it was funny. That's all.

Hans684
04-06-2014, 06:34 PM
it's from a render target video, he saw it last year.

Possible.

Fun fact: Unity was supposed to be a Wii U game only.

Wierd and doesn't sound fun at all.

Something in that Target footage is completely new in the ACs, something he was waiting for a long time, but he doesn't know if it will still be in the final version. He didn't mention it, because he doesn't want to give vain hope.

Interesting. What could it be?

Reptilis91
04-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Just thought it was funny. That's all.

Oh, it is. x) If it's real, thank god it was just an idea!

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Still, I guess this means no Assassin's Creed character for smash brothers :rolleyes:

Reptilis91
04-06-2014, 06:38 PM
And the protagonist will not have a Mii face. whew.

Wolfmeister1010
04-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Hm...what gameplay feature have we as a fanbase been waiting for for a long time? Maybe this guy has the same hopes and dreams for the series as us.

Crouching is the most obvious one. What else?

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 06:42 PM
^the ability to remove your hood at will.

A dedicated hood removal button :rolleyes:

Wolfmeister1010
04-06-2014, 06:44 PM
^the ability to remove your hood at will.

A dedicated hood removal button :rolleyes:

Although I would like this option..I seriously hope that the feature he is referring to is more ambitious than that lol

D.I.D.
04-06-2014, 06:44 PM
I want shadows to make a difference, now that the consoles can use lighting properly. I'd like it if the protag was harder to see in shadow, harder still if not moving, and for lamps to be objects that can be picked up and moved tactically.

Wolfmeister1010
04-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Aha^

Light/darkness based stealth. That is one thing many have been waiting for.

Jexx21
04-06-2014, 06:45 PM
I actually don't want a crouching option, I just want it to be contextual.

Contrary to popular belief, crouching isn't very stealthy while moving, unless you're trying to stay out of sight/behind cover.

Wolfmeister1010
04-06-2014, 06:47 PM
I actually don't want a crouching option, I just want it to be contextual.

*Vomits*

No thanks. Dont want some contextual TR autocrouch system. The more player control over the character, the better.

BTW how was Game Design School

Jexx21
04-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Okay, anyone who uses a gag reflex system as an argument doesn't have much of an argument.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 06:54 PM
It's kind of sad crouching manually doesn't add to stealth. It should.

jayjay275
04-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Woah, this thread's been active since I left.
Edit: Why has it become really active all of a sudden?

Jexx21
04-06-2014, 06:56 PM
I'll only accept manual crouching if it doesn't make you quieter and you have to move at a slower pace than when you normally walk. Think AC1 blend for speed.

Crouching actually makes you louder when walking because physics.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 07:00 PM
I'll only accept manual crouching if it doesn't make you quieter and you have to move at a slower pace than when you normally walk. Think AC1 blend for speed.

Crouching actually makes you louder when walking because physics.

I'd be cool with that.

Jexx21
04-06-2014, 07:09 PM
However, if they would make it so that walking makes you silent like it has been in the past games (and in AC4 even running was silent >.>), you can't really make crouching quieter anyway.. Just make it slower at the very least.

Kiroku
04-06-2014, 07:12 PM
How do u spell it in english MR. SHADE ?

Silence is another kind of approval? :P

If it would be a fanart or stuff he would have already commented that right? :D

deskp
04-06-2014, 07:16 PM
How do u spell it in english MR. SHADE ?

Silence is another kind of approval? :P

If it would be a fanart or stuff he would have already commented that right? :D

Ubisoft does not comment of rumor and speculation.

Kiroku
04-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Ubisoft does not comment of rumor and speculation.

He did several times. Like the letter from Initiates.
Or just leaked stuff from Ubi and Initiates?

jayjay275
04-06-2014, 07:20 PM
I would've thought that Shade would've commented on this by now.

RinoTheBouncer
04-06-2014, 07:23 PM
It looks pretty legit to me. I hope the graphics won’t be less than this and I hope it won’t look really similar to ACIV in terms of graphics except for a a few additional particle effects or blurring or motion capture. I want something that’s really a step forward from PS3 like Agni’s Philosophy tech demo, for example.

Arno’ looks remind me of young Ezio.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Usually Mr.Shade comments if the leaks should be obviously fake or something

jayjay275
04-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Usually Mr.Shade comments if the leaks should be obviously fake or something

Yup.

RinoTheBouncer
04-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Well nobody commented after 20 pages, and I doubt no moderator noticed this thread yet, so we can assume that it IS legit, I guess.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Well nobody commented after 20 pages, and I doubt no moderator noticed this thread yet, so we can assume that it IS legit, I guess.

Agree. Too bad the screenshot itself doesn't tell us too much.

Most we can do is speculate.

It's nothing blatantly obvious like the first screened leaks

jayjay275
04-06-2014, 07:33 PM
I doubt we're going to get anymore official information though until E3. I'm sure Ubisoft doesn't want AC to potentially distract people from Watch_Dogs. It is a shame though, because along with Uncharted 4, Unity is my most hyped game this year.

RinoTheBouncer
04-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Agree. Too bad the screenshot itself doesn't tell us too much.

Most we can do is speculate.

It's nothing blatantly obvious like the first screened leaks

I just hope the graphics will look like this and better. As I said above, I hope it the upgrade will be obvious and noticeable, not just some additional particle effects. When PS3 was released, we all saw the massive difference from PS2 and same from PS2 compared to PS1. With PS4, the tech demos like Agni’s Philosophy are epic but the trailers of games released/announced so far are like high quality PS3 games.

I doubt we're going to get anymore official information though until E3. I'm sure Ubisoft doesn't want AC to potentially distract people from Watch_Dogs. It is a shame though, because along with Uncharted 4, Unity is my most hyped game this year.

I agree. I believe WATCH_DOGS was delayed so that it won’t compete with ACIV, back in the day. I don’t think they’re gonna do it all over again now with the release day being so close. Unless they release the teaser next week or so.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 07:41 PM
If the graphics in the screenshot are like actual gameplay, I'm gonna freak out. That's a huge step up in graphics. You know tech advanced when a still frame looks like a HQ painting.

RinoTheBouncer
04-06-2014, 07:44 PM
If the graphics in the screenshot are like actual gameplay, I'm gonna freak out. That's a huge step up in graphics. You know tech advanced when a still frame looks like a HQ painting.

I will be very happy if the actually sneak peak was what gameplay graphics are. They did say say it is but I hope it’s not false marketing again.

DumbGamerTag94
04-06-2014, 07:50 PM

I really hope that this is not a representation of what the game looks like precisely because it looks like a painting. I thought it might be concept art or a screen shot of the unfinished game. The world looks like a painting. Like it literally looks like paint and brush strokes. That's not AC's style. AC usually has highly realistic looking design, that doesn't look like comics or paintings like some kind of borderlands deal. It would hurt the series IMO if things start to look to cartoony, or with a graphic style that looks like paint. That would ruin it for me actually. It ruins the realistic feel to me.

I just really feel it is a concept art if it is real just based on the fact that the painting like texture/look on everything isn't consistent with the style of the series, and the paint look isn't consistent with the reveal trailer either.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 07:51 PM
I really hope that this is not a representation of what the game looks like precisely because it looks like a painting. I thought it might be concept art or a screen shot of the unfinished game. The world looks like a painting. Like it literally looks like paint and brush strokes. That's not AC's style. AC usually has highly realistic looking design, that doesn't look like comics or paintings like some kind of borderlands deal. It would hurt the series IMO if things start to look to cartoony, or with a graphic style that looks like paint. That would ruin it for me actually. It ruins the realistic feel to me.

I just really feel it is a concept art if it is real just based on the fact that the painting like texture/look on everything isn't consistent with the style of the series

Doesn't look cartoony to me at all. Zelda looks cartoony. Not this.

DumbGamerTag94
04-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Doesn't look cartoony to me at all. Zelda looks cartoony. Not this.
It doesn't really look cartoony, I cant really describe it, more like it LITERALLY looks like a painting. Thus why I think its just a concept artwork. If it has a look like this when it is done it would have a pinting/comic look too it almost like Call of Juarez Gunslinger. I don't like that. It doesn't suit AC. And they already gave us a Sneak Peak trailer where everything looked very realistic(by realistic I mean stone looks like stone, wood like wood, not everything looking like a painting.) So if the look was supposed to be a Gunslinger/borderlands like painting deal they would have made the trailer with the same look/feel. Its also not consistent with the rest of the series. So i'm fairly convinced this is a still of a concept painting.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Maybe the graphics are just so good they surpass real life?:rolleyes:

Jexx21
04-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Borderlands doesn't look like a painting.

DumbGamerTag94
04-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Borderlands doesn't look like a painting.

No but I'm just giving an example of a game that has a visual that looks like artwork rather than real life. Borderlands looks more like a Comic in that its a weird 2D-3D combo so it looks like a comic strip, Gunslinger does a similar thing but to less of a 2D extent and a bit more detail. I just don't want to see AC reduced to a gimmicky thing like a "painting" look to their worlds. I would personally hate that since the past ACs have had very realistic textures, to go to an imitation of paint would be a massive step backward to me when they have new technology to work with to make things look even more realistic. That's what I'm trying to say.

JustPlainQuirky
04-06-2014, 08:08 PM
http://cdn.funkyspacemonkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/assassins-creed-unity-FSMdotCOM.jpg

Looks photo-realistic to me

Jexx21
04-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Borderlands isn't a 2D-3D combo, it's fully 3D.

D.I.D.
04-06-2014, 08:13 PM
It's got a certain cartoony look though. Not exactly cel-shaded, but a similar principle: living comicbook.

I think AC's pretty heavily stylised, as it goes. Aged Ezio and Edward have looked especially weird and monkeylike, nothing like a real person at all.

DumbGamerTag94
04-06-2014, 08:25 PM
http://cdn.funkyspacemonkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/assassins-creed-unity-FSMdotCOM.jpg

Looks photo-realistic to me

Yes exactly what I mean. That is a still from the trailer! It looks photorealistic, the photo at the beginning of this thread is what I was referring to as painting like. The difference between it and the trailer stills(which is much more like the AC style of photorealism) is what makes me feel that the photo this tread is about is concept art

And as to the Borderlands thing. I know its 3D but as someone pointed out is is intended to simulate the art style of a Comic book. It is fully 3D but designed to give a hint/appearance of being 2D comic like artwork. Like Doubleclick said its like a "living comic book". That's what I meant its a very stylized game, while AC trends toward photorealism

LoyalACFan
04-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Just throwing this out there... Is this possibly Patrice's game, 1666? All the Great Fire of London theories and all. Not sure what the status of that game is after having been volleyed back and forth between Ubisoft and THQ, but it's possible.

In any case, I highly doubt this is from actual Unity gameplay. And as others have said, that "ponytail" is totally a scabbard; you're basically looking at Ezio with Altair's short sword here. It looks great though, it's either a target video/pre-viz screenshot or a fake from a highly talented artist.

SixKeys
04-07-2014, 12:51 AM
Just throwing this out there... Is this possibly Patrice's game, 1666? All the Great Fire of London theories and all. Not sure what the status of that game is after having been volleyed back and forth between Ubisoft and THQ, but it's possible.

I'm thinking that Patrice would raise hell if Ubisoft actually published a game with remarkable similarities to his game. He would probably be able to prove it too. Ubi probably cancelled 1666 with the intention of never letting it see daylight, apart from possibly reusing some assets.

LoyalACFan
04-07-2014, 03:01 AM
I'm thinking that Patrice would raise hell if Ubisoft actually published a game with remarkable similarities to his game. He would probably be able to prove it too. Ubi probably cancelled 1666 with the intention of never letting it see daylight, apart from possibly reusing some assets.

He probably would and rightfully so, but as of right now it's technically Ubisoft's property, isn't it? As far as I know, Patrice never had any legal claim to it, it was just his idea. THQ technically owned it, but then the whole company got bought out by Ubisoft, so it's theirs now. Last I heard Patrice was fighting to get it back, but it didn't look good for him. Legally Ubi should be able to do whatever they want with it, be it releasing it, cancelling it, or blending it into an AC game.

I-Like-Pie45
04-07-2014, 03:10 AM
I wonder what would happen if Yves and Patrice bumped into each other on the street

ze_topazio
04-07-2014, 03:38 AM

They didn't cancel it, they have put it on hold, because according to Patrice's contract if the game is cancelled the rights automatically revert back to him.

Patrice believes that the game have been technically cancelled, that's why is fighting Ubisoft.

Wolfmeister1010
04-07-2014, 03:47 AM
So let me get this straight since I dont fully understand:

Patrice left Ubi to join THQ and make 1666, but then Ubi went all Bethesda and bought THQ and then fired Patrice for no reason, "cancelled" the game, but are now apparently taking control of the game?

Sounds like ubi wanted to make all the money off of Patrice's good idea.

I-Like-Pie45
04-07-2014, 03:52 AM
Patrice actually rejoined Ubisoft after the buy-out, but for reasons I forgot, he left again (actually being escorted out of offices by security) and is currently in a battle to get 1666 back. As for 1666, I have no idea what its status is other than being put on hold.

For clarification and pedantry's sake. Ubisoft also only brought part of THQ - not the entire company as some posts have suggested

SixKeys
04-07-2014, 03:55 AM
So let me get this straight since I dont fully understand:

Patrice left Ubi to join THQ and make 1666, but then Ubi went all Bethesda and bought THQ and then fired Patrice for no reason, "cancelled" the game, but are now apparently taking control of the game?

Sounds like ubi wanted to make all the money off of Patrice's good idea.

Pretty much. They were also peeved at him for taking some of Ubi's best employees with him when he left and probably afraid that the game he was making would become a competitor to the AC franchise.

Wolfmeister1010
04-07-2014, 05:25 AM
Damn, I love AC and the teams that physically work on the games..but I hate Ubi upper management. They are the ones who dont give the teams enough time to make the AC games, and they are the ones that are responsible for yearly releases, and they are the ones who are responsible for all this Patrice mess.

Locopells
04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
We're getting off topic here (though I get the subject link). There's already a thread about this, though.

Mouais
04-07-2014, 10:49 AM

Salut,
Just for information: one of the shops signs clearly says "Coutellerie" (knife making).

Farlander1991
04-07-2014, 11:31 AM
The situation with Patrice is a mess, but for some reason while reading the conversations about the whole deal I can't help but think of Church's last words: "Do you truly think the Crown has no cause? No right to feel betrayed?" :D

Just for clarification, I don't agree with what Ubisoft has done with the whole Patrice/1666 thing, but given that we really know just pieces of information there and there, can't also agree with positions that paint the management decisions in purely negative light.

frodrigues55
04-07-2014, 11:39 AM
To this point I have the impression Ubi will take any historical third person game around, strip it and make it AC. I'm sure we will see an ACsorized 1666 down the road eventually, probably a sequel to the Osiris AC :p I wouldn't even be surprised if they start 1666 AC just to show they are releasing the game, which they bought and its theirs now.

Farlander1991
04-07-2014, 11:42 AM
It's to be noted that 1666 didn't even have a full year in production (i.e. production stage, not total development). Not even sure if it had half a year of that. So Ubi pretty much owns all the pre-pro material mostly.

RinoTheBouncer
04-07-2014, 03:13 PM
No but I'm just giving an example of a game that has a visual that looks like artwork rather than real life. Borderlands looks more like a Comic in that its a weird 2D-3D combo so it looks like a comic strip, Gunslinger does a similar thing but to less of a 2D extent and a bit more detail. I just don't want to see AC reduced to a gimmicky thing like a "painting" look to their worlds. I would personally hate that since the past ACs have had very realistic textures, to go to an imitation of paint would be a massive step backward to me when they have new technology to work with to make things look even more realistic. That's what I'm trying to say.

Yeah, Borderland, like Prince of Persia (the first game on PS3) which I assume it’s the 4th one, had this effect, they call it “Cell Shaded” as far as I know. But AC:U doesn’t look like that, whether in the sneak peak or the leaked screenshot.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/890/890172/e3-2008-prince-of-persia-4-screens-20080715053150813.jpg

DumbGamerTag94
04-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Yeah, Borderland, like Prince of Persia (the first game on PS3) which I assume it’s the 4th one, had this effect, they call it “Cell Shaded” as far as I know. But AC:U doesn’t look like that, whether in the sneak peak or the leaked screenshot.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/890/890172/e3-2008-prince-of-persia-4-screens-20080715053150813.jpg

Yes. What I am saying is that the shot this thread is about has a paint like effect. Not the cell shaded look but an effect that looks like a painting. In other words the shot looks nothing like the photorealistic trailer or like Prince of Persia. It LITERALLY looks like a painting. So in my opinion since it doesn't match the video and looks like paint. It is either a concept painting. Or a really good photoshop job using a painting as a background(because the only thing that doesn't really look painty is the character. The background looks like a painting/fantastical/unphotorealistic in my opinion

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 03:38 PM

could be fake......?

maybe it's just me, but that picture doesn't look like a painting.

DumbGamerTag94
04-07-2014, 03:44 PM
maybe it's just me, but that picture doesn't look like a painting.

Zoom in on the signs, chair, cart/barrel, and windows on the right.

Radman500
06-02-2014, 06:14 PM
what do you think it is based on the leaked picture and the artwork dlc

please not another dang ponytail, every protag since ezio has had a ponytail

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 06:15 PM
I hope that thing sticking out of his hood isn't his bangs.

It is sin for assassins to have such long, protruding bangs. :mad:

And he better not be blonde.

Blonde + that outfit = uh-uh gurl.

deskp
06-02-2014, 06:19 PM
I hope that thing sticking out of his hood isn't his bangs.

It is sin for assassins to have such long, protruding bangs. :mad:

Give me a break thats concept art, the hair won't work like that in game.

Ureh
06-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Probably a more slicked version of Ezio's ACR style (no tail). He's probably attending a ton of galas and needs to look debonair.

But I guess when he's on the move, some of the hair will fall to his face.

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 06:26 PM
@deskp

hey you never know fo sho' :p

Wolfmeister1010
06-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Of all the things to be worries about about this game, so many people are worries that he will have a ponytail lol.

How many times did Edward's whole face change? First he kinda looked like Alex Mercer, then in some of the CGI trailers he was clean shaven and had his hair down.. and then his hair turned brown, and then in the final game he was blonde, his hair was in a ponytail, and he had a beard.

Besides it is just concept art. Remember How different Edward looked in concept art?http://gamentrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/313774_422663141159815_438586194_n.jpg

DinoSteve1
06-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Going by the setting I'm going to say long hair possibly a pony tail, which will be tied off with a bow.

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Well... don't be surprised if we get another ponytail. It was very common for men to have ponytails for the time. Also, during this time at least in France I believe (because they were the fashion setters) it was also popular to style your hair after wigs with your natural hair. Women hairstyles were more extreme.

http://www.americanrevolution.org/clothing/fig71.jpg

Wolfmeister1010
06-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Tell me this doesn't look like Alex Mercer!https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpJHwncIYAAZrs3.jpg:large

http://www.gamerdna.com/uimage/ox22DRbu/full/alex-mercer-3.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
06-02-2014, 06:45 PM
woah woah woah.

Edward looked like alex mercer once?????

pics pls!

edit:

OMIGOSH YUS~ <3

GunnerGalactico
06-02-2014, 06:51 PM
http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/04/assassins_creed_unity2.jpg

Not sure if this is the concept art of Unity, I know I said this on the other thread but I think Arnaud has brown hair.

poptartz20
06-02-2014, 06:54 PM
ehhh... it's hard to trust concept art.. considering it is just concept now since AC4 with the amount of changes Edward had

GunnerGalactico
06-02-2014, 07:01 PM
I know, but it's the only picture we got so far. And they already might have a lot of changes with the final design already.