PDA

View Full Version : If AC Comet is indeed a sailing game....

JustPlainQuirky
04-04-2014, 03:28 AM
...Do you think Ubisoft will add more customizations to ship (including color of ship and style) and size upgrade options up to the size of a Man O' War?

And do you think they'll add online sailing multiplayer? (where you go around sinking opponents' ships with a fleet made up of your friends)

And if not, do you at least think these would be good ideas? If no, why?

Discuss.

Layytez
04-04-2014, 03:39 AM
Nope nope nope. **** this sailing nonsense. Bit by bit it's becoming a general sandbox game and not a AC game.

Locopells
04-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Colour and style possible. Size, not unless we can change ship, you can't enlarge a brig into a man o'war, you'd basically be building a whole new ship.

Multiplayer, maybe, they did want to do it last time after all, but couldn't make it work. If they have now, it figures they'd make this to implement it, before moving onto a whole new sailing based franchise.

deadlyh1t
04-04-2014, 11:26 AM
i dont think that we will have sailing in Ac Comet! cause i believe that Ac comet will be at Russia and i dont believe that sailing and Russia goes together :P !
but from the other hand if connor appears (very rare) we maybe have some sailing missions!

D.I.D.
04-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Colour and style possible. Size, not unless we can change ship, you can't enlarge a brig into a man o'war, you'd basically be building a whole new ship.

Multiplayer, maybe, they did want to do it last time after all, but couldn't make it work. If they have now, it figures they'd make this to implement it, before moving onto a whole new sailing based franchise.

I agree with all of that, and I also think you're right that you'll be able to buy a ship. It was so obvious that everyone would want to acquire a Man O' War in ACIV and Freedom Cry, and the only reason not to give you that so far would be to hold it back for a subsequent game. This will be the one, I think.

deskp
04-04-2014, 11:47 AM
I don't see a reason to get a man o war. they are jsut big and clunky... faster smaller ships are much cooler.

i dont think that we will have sailing in Ac Comet! cause i believe that Ac comet will be at Russia

.....Why do you believe that though? among everything else we've heard nothig suggest russia

andrew_m50
04-04-2014, 11:57 AM
The only thing I want to know that why "Comet" is the title.

frodrigues55
04-04-2014, 12:34 PM
The only thing I want to know that why "Comet" is the title.

I'm hoping it changes. It's such a weird tittle, no matter the reason. Personally, it doesnt intrigue me, it makes me think "WTF is that crappy name". People are ready to throw stones on AC and say it is horrible and milked now - and "Assassin's Creed: Comet" doesn't really help.

andrew_m50
04-04-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm hoping it changes. It's such a weird tittle, no matter the reason. Personally, it doesnt intrigue me, it makes me think "WTF is that crappy name". People are ready to throw stones on AC and say it is horrible and milked now - and "Assassin's Creed: Comet" doesn't really help.

I don't consider it crappy at all. Oppositely...it's mysterious, I think.
I just want to know how on Earth comes a comet (if it is a real cosmic comet, maybe the Halley Comet) in the picture in an AC game which takes place at sea. Why is a comet so important that it got into the title of an AC game...

oliacr
04-04-2014, 01:08 PM
If its a sailing game then yes.

deadlyh1t
04-04-2014, 01:17 PM
I don't see a reason to get a man o war. they are jsut big and clunky... faster smaller ships are much cooler.

.....Why do you believe that though? among everything else we've heard nothig suggest russia

Cause there is an Ac book wich our heroe is from russia at world war 1 and there is a russian base with the name Comet!

Edit: the book is actually a comic book! and its called "The Fall"

ziljn
04-04-2014, 04:53 PM
I don't consider it crappy at all. Oppositely...it's mysterious, I think.
I just want to know how on Earth comes a comet (if it is a real cosmic comet, maybe the Halley Comet) in the picture in an AC game which takes place at sea. Why is a comet so important that it got into the title of an AC game...

The game is rumored to take place in 1758 and features sailors/sailing...

Halley thus concluded that all three comets were in fact the same object returning every 76 years, a period that has since been amended to every 75–76 years. After a rough estimate of the perturbations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perturbation_(astronomy)) the comet would sustain from the gravitational attraction of the planets, he predicted its return for 1758.[20] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halley's_Comet#cite_note-20) Halley's prediction of the comet's return proved to be correct, although it was not seen until 25 December 1758, by Johann Georg Palitzsch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johann_Georg_Palitzsch), a German farmer and amateur astronomer.

The possibility has been raised that 1st-century Jewish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish) astronomers had already recognized Halley's Comet as periodic.[26] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halley's_Comet#cite_note-26) This theory notes a passage in the Talmud (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talmud)[27] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halley's_Comet#cite_note-27) which refers to "a star which appears once in seventy years that makes the captains of the ships err."[28] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halley's_Comet#cite_note-28)

My guess is it's related, or this entry fed the rumor. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edit: Oh, and the prior appearance of the comet was 1682, the year Bartolomew Roberts was born. Speculate away!

jayjay275
04-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Enough of the sailing for now, and one game a year is enough.

AherasSTRG
04-04-2014, 04:57 PM
The only thing I think was missing from Black Flag was multiboarding. If you could incapitate 2 ships at once one close to each other and then initiate a boarding sequence affecting both of them, now that would be awesome. Apart from that, let's stick to what we have from Black Flag and occupy ourselves with the stealth part.

deskp
04-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Cause there is an Ac book wich our heroe is from russia at world war 1 and there is a russian base with the name Comet!

I'm well aware of that graphic novel. It is canon, but it means nothing regarding where the game wll take place. I would say it being a comic already gives it less chanse of being a game.

all the rumors about the game points to mroe sailing and new york.

TheArcaneEagle
04-05-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm not 'on board' with this sailing idea. *wink*

D.I.D.
04-05-2014, 02:25 PM
The only thing I think was missing from Black Flag was multiboarding. If you could incapitate 2 ships at once one close to each other and then initiate a boarding sequence affecting both of them, now that would be awesome. Apart from that, let's stick to what we have from Black Flag and occupy ourselves with the stealth part.

You could in IV, although it wasn't counted until you completed the boarding of the roped ship and then boarding the 2nd defeated one resulted in an instant win.

It was a bit weird though. Some extremely strange things could happen to the ship physics if you boarded more than one ship. Often the second vessel's deck would tip into the sea.

Mr.GoodKall
04-05-2014, 05:49 PM
AC Comet is def a Sailing game. Exploration actually, but my question is weather it'll be for Next gen/ PC or just PS3/360. I do not want to purchase old gen again just to play it.

JustPlainQuirky
04-05-2014, 05:55 PM
AC Comet is def a Sailing game. Exploration actually, but my question is weather it'll be for Next gen/ PC or just PS3/360. I do not want to purchase old gen again just to play it.

Already confirmed to be last gen bro.

But it'll also probably be on PC

HDinHB
04-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Already confirmed to be last gen bro.

But it'll also probably be on PC

Confirmed? Has anything really been confirmed? I haven't seen anything official anywhere.

JustPlainQuirky
04-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Confirmed? Has anything really been confirmed? I haven't seen anything official anywhere.

Ubisoft confirmed they were making a second AC game for last gen. What other game could they be talking about?

AherasSTRG
04-05-2014, 07:43 PM
You could in IV, although it wasn't counted until you completed the boarding of the roped ship and then boarding the 2nd defeated one resulted in an instant win.

It was a bit weird though. Some extremely strange things could happen to the ship physics if you boarded more than one ship. Often the second vessel's deck would tip into the sea.

Yeah, this was kind like exploiting the boarding system. I mean a fully fledged multi-boarding system with your crew participating in both ships' boardings and perhaps the enemy crew boarding your ship as well.

HDinHB
04-05-2014, 08:02 PM
Ubisoft confirmed they were making a second AC game for last gen. What other game could they be talking about?

I've just seen reports along the lines that Ubisoft wasn't going to " abandon" PS3/X360 (duh, there's 10-20 times more of them). I was just wondering if you had seen something more concrete than that. Even if it is a last gen exclusive, Ubi would be smart to make it playable on new gen, either as DLC like Liberation or through PSNow. So maybe there is hope for Taras1806.

@TheArcaneEagle -- sounds like you're getting a sinking feeling about this new game

ze_topazio
04-05-2014, 09:26 PM
If they are going to reuse NY, would be nice if they reused other cities too, one for each game, updated versions of Jerusalem and Venice, maybe Constantinople and Havana too, would be nice.

domvgt
04-05-2014, 09:31 PM
If they are going to reuse NY, would be nice if they reused other cities too, one for each game, updated versions of Jerusalem and Venice, maybe Constantinople and Havana too, would be nice.

I think Philadelphia (as it was planned for ACIII) could be interesting as well! :) But an updated version of Acre could be cool indeed! :)

GunnerGalactico
04-05-2014, 09:35 PM

* I think they might stick with America and the Carribean, they wouldn't make a game that would allow players to sail all the way to other countries as far as Europe.

domvgt
04-05-2014, 09:44 PM
* I think they might stick with America and the Carribean, they wouldn't make a game that would allow players to sail all the way to other countries as far as Europe.

Unfortunately, yes! :(

GunnerGalactico
04-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Unfortunately, yes! :(

Trust me... I wish they would :p

ze_topazio
04-05-2014, 09:54 PM
What part of "sailing game" do you people fail to understand? Assassin/Templar powered ships run faster, travelling between North American, Europe and the Middle East is nothing.

domvgt
04-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Trust me... I wish they would :p
I look forward to see a few classics again! AC1 HD! :D Venice, Acre or Rome would be very nice! :D .... But it seems to be a little off topic huh? :D

GunnerGalactico
04-05-2014, 09:59 PM
What part of "sailing game" do you people fail to understand? Assassin/Templar powered ships run faster, travelling between North American, Europe and the Middle East is nothing.

Nobody said it was not possible, tell that to the game devs. I'm still not 100% sure if they would enable sailing to far off countries in AC Comet.

That's all I've been saying :)

Templar_Az
04-06-2014, 07:53 AM
They made AC: Comet just so they could re-use the whole "sailing" feature because of how popular it was in AC: IV.

Even though they said that the setting is the main priority and not the features it seems like they dont wanna drop the sailing feature. If AC: Comet has positive feedback (especially with the sailing) then I bet that they are going to re-use the feature for the next game in 2015.

oliacr
04-06-2014, 09:32 AM
They made AC: Comet just so they could re-use the whole "sailing" feature because of how popular it was in AC: IV.

Even though they said that the setting is the main priority and not the features it seems like they dont wanna drop the sailing feature. If AC: Comet has positive feedback (especially with the sailing) then I bet that they are going to re-use the feature for the next game in 2015.

You betcha. I don't mind if they use it again, they just need to add more options like more type of ships, more customizeable ships, maybe more weapons.

RatonhnhakeFan
04-06-2014, 08:37 PM

It may not be so simple. It is pretty much granted Comet will copy+paste mechanics from AC3/4 without with maybe some small changes/additions and new maps (with reused textures, trees etc). But going next-gen with that ain't gonna be as easy, Unity may rehaul a lot of the basic mechanics, the engine will obviously be much different to AC3/4/Comet. Much more work would be needed to bring the sailing to next-gen line of AC games compared to another PS360 game that reuses msot of what is already done and polished.

Plus, they may just spin-off the entire thing into its own game series

xboxauditore
04-07-2014, 04:54 PM
If Comet is a sailing game, I'll be very happy, I loved being able to captain my own ship, but sadly, for me Black Flag didn't have much replayability.

RinoTheBouncer
04-07-2014, 05:00 PM
I feel like Ubisoft are acting like a child who just learned a new word and keeps parroting it over and over. They made naval in ACIII and it became a theme for ACIV, the iPad/iPhone AC:Pirates game and now this. They added animal hunting and it moved to ACIV, they added bombs and they dragged on. Like for God’s sake, if you’re running out of ideas and out of talent, don’t make it too obvious.

I know you’re working based on the public’s reception but seriously, invent something original and let the public love it, instead of patching every single move to the next 2-3 games.

RatonhnhakeFan
04-07-2014, 05:22 PM
I feel like Ubisoft are acting like a child who just learned a new word and keeps parroting it over and over. They made naval in ACIII and it became a theme for ACIV, the iPad/iPhone AC:Pirates game and now this. They added animal hunting and it moved to ACIV, they added bombs and they dragged on. Like for God’s sake, if you’re running out of ideas and out of talent, don’t make it too obvious.

I know you’re working based on the public’s reception but seriously, invent something original and let the public love it, instead of patching every single move to the next 2-3 games.

Well, it IS a really good new gameplay mode, Ubi Singapore made a great job so I'm not really mad/surprised they would want to make a couple games out of it. And as for hunting - it provides new kind "assassination" targets, how is it bad for this franchise?

RinoTheBouncer
04-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Well, it IS a really good new gameplay mode, Ubi Singapore made a great job so I'm not really mad/surprised they would want to make a couple games out of it. And as for hunting - it provides new kind "assassination" targets, how is it bad for this franchise?

It isn’t bad. It’s just doesn’t feel original anymore when it keeps dragging on and on. It’s like a singer who released a song that became a worldwide hit and remains her whole career trying too hard to repeat that success with a very similar song rather than making something new and original which will attract so much admiration because it’s new and original not relying on something in the past.

I’d say each new thing the introduce is good for it’s time but not forever. I’d rather go back to BC times and live as an Assassin who doesn’t have any weapons but his skills than keep dwelling on the Hidden Blade, Swords and Pistols.

Mr.GoodKall
04-07-2014, 06:01 PM

I know that it will be for last gen, my question was wheather itll be JUST last gen, or both w/ PC. Because I don't want to purchase last gen console again just for COMET

Mr.GoodKall
04-07-2014, 06:04 PM
If Comet is a sailing game, I'll be very happy, I loved being able to captain my own ship, but sadly, for me Black Flag didn't have much replayability.

You know what, I actually agree. Its the first AC game I couldn't play a lot after beating it. Just not fun for some reason, but its not the sailing because I loved that. Just not much to do after you beat the main story.

JustPlainQuirky
04-07-2014, 08:05 PM
I know that it will be for last gen, my question was wheather itll be JUST last gen, or both w/ PC. Because I don't want to purchase last gen console again just for COMET

Unless an AC game is for handheld/mobile devices only, it's always going to be available on PC.

oliacr
04-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Unless an AC game is for handheld/mobile devices only, it's always going to be available on PC.

And some PC users are crying because Ubisoft doesn't support PC.

JustPlainQuirky
04-07-2014, 08:56 PM

Usually they're talking about poor optimization thouugh.

frodrigues55
04-08-2014, 01:31 AM

Ubi does support PC in the sense that every console exclusive content so far have been released for PC - even if the games are delayed for a while. The problem is the poor optimization and lack of decent support, so yeah, it's a gamble when you buy the game and hope for it to run on your PC.

Mr.GoodKall
04-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Any news of release time?? Im guessing it'll also be holiday season?

ze_topazio
04-08-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm no quite sure if releasing both games at the same time would be a good idea, maybe Comet should be released on the summer or something.

oliacr
04-08-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm no quite sure if releasing both games at the same time would be a good idea, maybe Comet should be released on the summer or something.

Yes please.

souNdwAve89
04-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Comet's release date in summer can work because that season is known as a "drought" for video games. Not too many games, or big titles come out in summer time. This can give Ubisoft an edge and maximize profit, if the game is appealing enough.

deadlyh1t
04-09-2014, 07:13 AM

Actually i believe Ac comet will be released at the same month or after 1-2 months maybe, like it happened with AC 3 and LIBERATION.

jayjay275
04-09-2014, 11:30 AM
If Comet was going to release in the summer, wouldn't they have announced it by now?

Mr.GoodKall
04-09-2014, 04:20 PM
If Comet was going to release in the summer, wouldn't they have announced it by now?

True, also, I don't think they can release comet during the summer and keep all the new gen fans waiting till Unity. Everyone spend money for new gens and Ubi wont do that to them. I think itll be around the same time because they want to satisfy both parties, (Old gen fans and New gen fans). Don't keep anyone waiting

jayjay275
04-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Call me an idiot, but I don't even think there will be a second game this year, only Unity.

Mr.GoodKall
04-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Call me an idiot, but I don't even think there will be a second game this year, only Unity.

well ubi already confirmed another AC game for last gen consoles

cawatrooper9
04-23-2014, 04:27 AM
I'm wondering how much they're (once again) downplaying Haytham's role in the game. We've heard the phrase "Kenway Saga" thrown about lately, and Haytham noticeably doesn't have his own game, aside from the few memory sequences he had in ACIII. I know that a lot of his life was covered in the books, but it would be really cool if they made a sailing type game starring him in the Mediterranean. We already know that he visits Constantinople to rescue Jennifer. However, a Mediterranean game could make use of a lot of Ubisoft's previous assets. Not only could we see a return to Istanbul, but possibly revisit some remastered versions of Venice, Acre, Cappadocia, and other classic AC cities. There could even be some new additions, such as Tripoli or Marseille. Plus, it's almost a given that the Rocks of Gibraltar could house a First Civ temple. This game could be fantastic, and be one of the most diverse AC games to date- though I imagine I'm being a bit optimistic about this even being a possibility.

Locopells
04-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Anything's possible dude. Keep hoping!