PDA

View Full Version : Can you please cut down the size of the "buy now" link?

Jexx21
04-03-2014, 02:05 AM
Half the time when I click to go to general discussion it takes me to the official AC4 website because the size of the "Buy Now" link practically goes across the entire page.

Please make it smaller.

frodrigues55
04-03-2014, 02:44 AM
YES PLEASE. Sometimes I use the forums on my iphone/ipad and it's a nightmare because of this

SixKeys
04-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Agreed. I thought I was the only one bugged by this.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2014, 02:50 AM
O.M.G. Thank you for speaking up! I thought I was the only one XD

deskp
04-03-2014, 02:54 AM
YES! It's super annoying i keep hititng that link aswell,

i understand its nifty having a link like that around.. but most people who go to the forum will already have bought the game right?

JustPlainQuirky
04-03-2014, 03:03 AM
I clicked the link a total of 24 times so far.

And I already own the game.

We're on an AC forums site.

We don't need ads of AC on a site about AC.

Not ones that big anyway.

deskp
04-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Argh, clicked it again.

Fix it pelase Forum people, atleast leave a comment that you're aware of the issue...

Mr_Shade
04-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately it's there to stay - and the same size as it is on all of the forums.

Only advice I can offer is take your time in the mad rush to post leaks ;)

Other forums have had no issue with it - if you can't not hit it - try using the back button instead?

JustPlainQuirky
04-07-2014, 03:10 PM
^when i click the back button on chrome, it doesn't refresh the page. So I have to click back and refresh :c

deskp
04-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Unfortunately it's there to stay - and the same size as it is on all of the forums.

Other forums have had no issue with it - if you can't not hit it - try using the back button instead?

The other forums just haven't said anything yet...

Using the back button is annoyign cause of the reason stated above, aswell as its no good when youv'e read through several pages of a topic.

Don't udnerstand why you want us to associate annoyance with buyign the game.

dxsxhxcx
04-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Other forums have had no issue with it

that's because the other forums have the "correct" clickable area/image size.

this is the division banner with its banner highlighted (Far Cry's has the same size), like Jexx said, only the banner's menu is clickable:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/davi_hc/division.png?t=1396880725

now this is the AC banner, the entire image is a link and the image is bigger (with extra 25px, highlighted in red) than the others (for no reason), that's what causing the problem.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/davi_hc/ac.png?t=1396880810

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 03:31 PM

The links on the other forums aren't the same size or they don't have links at all -_-
Watch_Dogs: No forum banner, no link
Splinter Cell: Forum banner, no link
Far Cry: Forum Banner, multiple links, all limited to the extend of their text, doesn't overlap
The Division: same as Far Cry
Rocksmith: Forum banner, a buy now link that is limited to half of the forum banner, doesn't overlap
Might and Magic: same as Far Cry
The Crew: same as Far Cry
Rayman Legends: same as Far Cry
Uplay: same as Far Cry

So, no, it is not the same size as the rest of the forums, and the reason why they don't have an issue is because the link on the banner for this forum is the largest link.

dxsxhxcx
04-07-2014, 03:33 PM
The links on the other forums aren't the same size or they don't have links at all -_-
Watch_Dogs: No forum banner, no link
Splinter Cell: Forum banner, no link
Far Cry: Forum Banner, multiple links, all limited to the extend of their text, doesn't overlap
The Division: same as Far Cry
Rocksmith: Forum banner, a buy now link that is limited to half of the forum banner, doesn't overlap
Might and Magic: same as Far Cry
The Crew: same as Far Cry
Rayman Legends: same as Far Cry
Uplay: same as Far Cry

So, no, it is not the same size as the rest of the forums, and the reason why they don't have an issue is because the link on the banner for this forum is the largest link.

I just checked, Far Cry/The Division's banners' size is 1024x125 while AC's banner is 1024x150

Jexx21
04-07-2014, 03:36 PM
And the Far Cry/Division banners also have multiple links in them are are constricted to a certain areas, while the link for the banner in this forum covers the entire banner, which makes this forum the only forum to do so.

Don't lie to us Mr. Shade.

Mr_Shade
04-08-2014, 12:19 AM
And the Far Cry/Division banners also have multiple links in them are are constricted to a certain areas, while the link for the banner in this forum covers the entire banner, which makes this forum the only forum to do so.

Don't lie to us Mr. Shade.

By 'other forums' I was meaning the other forums in this group, such as the PC forum, support forums and the MP forums, which have all used the same banner - which has been in place with the same hotspot for many months.. since I know many of you don't visit others..

Odd this has only just become an issue for the others, since your return and the thread :)

So please don't call me a liar..

I will pass it on to the team concerned... however if you all have had this problem for a while, you really should have said!

I use a tablet for a lot of my posting, and never have an issue (mind you it os a MS Surface, so a larger screen for my very fat fingers)

I-Like-Pie45
04-08-2014, 12:27 AM
Mr. Shade, can you also tell the forum team if they can stop making us go to the forum directory instead of the page we were on every time we log in

JustPlainQuirky
04-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Also why does it log me out everyday? I click "remember me" but whenever I come back half the time I'm logged out :c

So I have to click "log in"

be redirected to the homepage

then click my bookmark that sends me to the AC console subforum.

Would be nice if log in would actually keep me log in.

#firstworldproblems

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-08-2014, 12:32 AM
also why does it log me out everyday? I click "remember me" but whenever i come back half the time i'm logged out :c

so i have to click "log in"

be redirected to the homepage

then click my bookmark that sends me to the ac console subforum.

Would be nice if log in would actually keep me log in.

#firstworldproblems

^this!

ACfan443
04-08-2014, 12:47 AM
Completely agree. It's especially bothersome when navigating the forum on a touch screen device, having to zoom in and carefully select the links is tedious and annoying. I've completely lost count of the number of times I've been redirected to the 'buy now' page because of a slip of a finger.

frodrigues55
04-08-2014, 01:01 AM
Shade, I think the reason most of us never said anything is because we didn't know it was a recurrent problem for a lot of people.

I, for one, am really surprised at Pies' and Mayrice latest posts - I thought those issues somehow were my problems even though I use different machines/browsers.

The "remember me" function on login doesn't work at all and that is particulary bad as we are never redirected to the post we are in before loging in. Those are such basic functions that I would have never thought the forums of a huge software company wouldn't work in such ways - hence why I thought it was my problem and never said a thing.

The banner thing really started when they changed it to promote Black Flag's pre order. It was fine before. I don't have the data, but I don't think those who click on it by mistake eventually buy Black Flag just because they clicked on the link anyway. So if people can adress that, it would be really really helpful.

Sometimes, those 3 issuas prevent me from posting because it's just too much work when you are in a hurry. It takes the fun out of it a little bit, as little as they might sound.

dxsxhxcx
04-08-2014, 01:20 AM
By 'other forums' I was meaning the other forums in this group, such as the PC forum, support forums and the MP forums, which have all used the same banner - which has been in place with the same hotspot for many months.. since I know many of you don't visit others..

Odd this has only just become an issue for the others, since your return and the thread :)

So please don't call me a liar..

I will pass it on to the team concerned... however if you all have had this problem for a while, you really should have said!

I use a tablet for a lot of my posting, and never have an issue (mind you it os a MS Surface, so a larger screen for my very fat fingers)

it isn't a big deal to be frank (that's why I never created a thread about it), but it can be annoying sometimes... :p

now that a thread was created showing that more people has the same problem I hope they can do something about it, thanks Mr_Shade.. :)

Ureh
04-08-2014, 06:25 AM
Yea happens to me too, when I use my phone, but I just use the return button or open a thread in a new window.

BATISTABUS
04-08-2014, 07:21 AM
This is annoying on desktop, but it's a huge issue on mobile. I ALWAYS click that link when I'm browsing on my iPhone.

Mr_Shade
04-08-2014, 10:46 AM
passed on.

Mr_Shade
04-15-2014, 06:44 PM
This has now been resolved..

Hopefully you can all clicky click with your fat fingers :P
[JOKE!]

:)

Shahkulu101
04-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Huzzah!

JustPlainQuirky
04-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooo

edit:

has the auto-log out & redirect to homepage been fixed too?

dxsxhxcx
04-15-2014, 09:08 PM

[JOKE!]

now make its design responsive, this way I can access it from my cell phone!! lol /jk

thanks Mr_Shade.. :)

BATISTABUS
04-15-2014, 09:11 PM
A dream come true. :o

Mr_Shade
04-15-2014, 09:35 PM
has the auto-log out & redirect to homepage been fixed too?

That is a global issue - and has been put to the server admin team for investigation.

frodrigues55
04-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Shade, I can't believe they did it :eek: Accessing the forums through my iphone finally won't end up with me opening/closing tabs 6 times by mistake :o Thank you so much!

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-16-2014, 01:56 AM
Thanks Mr. Shade... Stay cool (get it?!?!?) :D

adventurewomen
04-16-2014, 02:00 AM
Thanks Jexx for this thread, I also find the link size annoying. It's even more annoying when I'm using the forums on my iPhone when I occidentally on that link when I actually wanted to go back to the main page of this sub-forum. I wish there was a phone version of these forums. :(

Lost count of how many times I've clicked that buy now link, way too many times now..

EDIT: The buy now link size has changed, just noticed! :D

Black_Widow9
04-16-2014, 09:16 AM

[JOKE!]

Bwahahahahaha!

Teamwork. We make things happen. :D

frodrigues55
05-20-2014, 03:02 AM
Shade, I think the forum people has managed to find a way to stop the login screen from redirecting us to the main forum page!!

That's awesome.

Unfortunally, though:

The "remember me" function on login doesn't work at all

^ This seem to be worse now. Before, although you had to login everytime, the forum remembered your data, it was just a matter of confirming it to login. Now, you have to manually type e-mail and password every time - at least for me.

If you can help us out with this one too, it's going to be 3 out of 3 problems solved! :o

Ureh
05-20-2014, 03:30 AM
I've always been typing in my e-mail and password. It's safe(er) that way! :) :o

Black_Widow9
05-20-2014, 03:32 AM
I'm not sure if there's anything we can do about it but we'll report it. It started this weekend correct? That's when it happened for me. ;)

Jexx21
05-20-2014, 04:10 AM
I would be happy if they just fixed the issue with the forum logging us out even if we clicked "stay logged in."

SpiritOfNevaeh
05-20-2014, 04:43 AM
i would be happy if they just fixed the issue with the forum logging us out even if we clicked "stay logged in."

thank you!!!!

Locopells
05-20-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure if there's anything we can do about it but we'll report it. It started this weekend correct? That's when it happened for me. ;)

Correct.

SixKeys
05-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Three cheers for the mods!