PDA

View Full Version : Do you think AC will be around in a hundred years?

Sushiglutton
04-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Batman was first published in 1939 and has kind of peeked in popularity lately. Superman is a year older. Mario is from 1981. Do you think the AC franchise will live as long? Maybe there will be a crazy popular reboot in 80 years.

Who will live longer: You or Assassin's Creed?

Assassin_M
04-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Who will live longer: You or Assassin's Creed?
Connor's fangirls

Sushiglutton
04-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Connor's fangirls

They will sure be bitter a hundred years from now if Ubi hasn't released a sequel

LoyalACFan
04-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Well, barring an apocalyptic event in the near future, the AC games we already have will still be around (though possibly very expensive to acquire) but the difference between AC and something like Batman/Superman is that there's just SO much more media now. Batman and Superman became iconic in an era where there were relatively few major superheroes, but AC was born from an era where hundreds of games come out every year. So, will the AC name still be recognized in 2114? Maybe, but it won't be remembered as THE video game franchise of the 21st century and it probably won't see a major resurgence of popularity after the games stop being made.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Connor's fangirls

They will sure be bitter a hundred years from now if Ubi hasn't released a sequel

Lol Aint it the truth? :nonchalance:

GunnerGalactico
04-02-2014, 09:22 PM

Lol Aint it the truth? :nonchalance:

We will give them 100 years of HELL if they don't :p

Sushiglutton
04-02-2014, 09:29 PM
Well, barring an apocalyptic event in the near future, the AC games we already have will still be around (though possibly very expensive to acquire) but the difference between AC and something like Batman/Superman is that there's just SO much more media now. Batman and Superman became iconic in an era where there were relatively few major superheroes, but AC was born from an era where hundreds of games come out every year. So, will the AC name still be recognized in 2114? Maybe, but it won't be remembered as THE video game franchise of the 21st century and it probably won't see a major resurgence of popularity after the games stop being made.

It's a good point about much softer competition back in the day. Still it feels like Ubi is kind of crushing. Others close shop and/or leave AAA to form smaller studios. AC just grows and grows. It appeals to people who don't really play that many videogames. And let's not forget it has the mom-factor (aka if your mom walks into the room when you're playing, she'll get insta impressed). I dunno I feel it could last a while.

Oh and a hundred years from now Desmond will be a historic assassin :).

lothario-da-be
04-02-2014, 09:36 PM
My guess is that ac will live another 20 years. It will die from franchise fatigue.

Hans684
04-02-2014, 09:53 PM
My guess is that ac will live another 20 years. It will die from franchise fatigue.

And then reborn 80 years later...

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2014, 09:57 PM
pfffffft

Only franchise I see living that long are Nintendo franchises.

And maybe CoD.

SixKeys
04-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Lol no.

NAVID4ASSASSIN
04-02-2014, 10:54 PM
it will not last for 100 years but i will play AC everyday till my death, and i will leave my save data as a special legacy for my sons.

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2014, 10:58 PM
it will not last for 100 years but i will play AC everyday till my death, and i will leave my save data as a special legacy for my sons.

And your sons will go into the now-existing animus and relive your oh-so eventful life. :rolleyes:

dxsxhxcx
04-02-2014, 11:09 PM
IMO it'll die in less than 8 years...

Soulid_Snake
04-03-2014, 01:11 AM
IMO it'll die in less than 8 years...

I agree, they're gonna milk it for all its worth.

IWGCJoeCool
04-03-2014, 01:28 AM

i think it's closer than that, already a decade old(in work time). i think another game will soon become the Ubisoft flag bearer. like Watchdogs, which seems the next logical progression in the vein of, and where it would go...to Assassins Creed. did i also read somewhere that Prince Of Persia will be rejoining our game stacks?

the entertainment business has changed since the cable networks got so strong (AMC - Walking Dead, Breaking Bad just to name one network). the video game business will follow suit, bucking the old trend....which was to run a network show as long as ratings were strong and revenue high, despite how stale it had become. the newer thinking is to contract close-ended scripts and storylines. this has freed the creative people to follow and complete something, moving on. this is all a plus to quality, and a favorite show doesnt always get a 4-episode, "yur cancelled, wrap it up" deal, and we dont get left out in the cold so much feeling cheated after watching a series for a few years.

anyway, like the other guy said...in a hundred years(they'l fix that too) i'll be in an Animus reliving some ancestor of mine, and we wont need video games anymore. anyone get the feeling that when that tech is out there, the video game peeps will have had a hand in it?

logical progression.

ze_topazio
04-03-2014, 02:14 AM
100 years from now, we will have hardcore VR like the Matrix, AC or not, games about free running in ancient cities is a given.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-03-2014, 03:57 AM
I hope it ends before I die for selfish reasons.
But reality is that yes the series one day will end.
How much REALLY happened in history that is interesting enough to make a game out of?
I can see an Assassins Creed XX but not an AC XXX staring Ezio ;D ;D ;D
But seriously...
I believe Assassins Creed as a series itself will last this generation..maybe die with it...
BUT Assassins Creed spin offs...this is a new story....
You can make 3 - 5 great games with the same characters and setting...
So spin offs could go on forever...
I kind of wish every assassin would get a trilogy... or at least 2 games... 10 main assassins..20 games total...would be nice...

BUT what if they get syfy and start exploring alternate dimesnions and history IE TOKW...we visit paralell memories...who knows

poptartz20
04-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Umm.. Yes and no. I mean I think the game franchise will eventually die. I mean it would have too. there just isn't enough to keep it going.

Buut I can see spin offs of Anime's and TV shows that could be incorporated with the same assassin v. templar conflict. and you could do more with animation than you can with other mediums.

but then again AC just might be generational only time will tell. : |

silvermercy
04-03-2014, 09:37 AM
I can see it having a reboot.

The only way that may increase the likelihood of surviving a century is if it becomes serialized in famous comics like Marvel.
But yet, who knows...

danykk2009
04-03-2014, 09:56 AM
In some years from now, the games won't be enough and people will create two factions: Templars vs Assassins.... apocalypse...apocalypse...APOCALYPSE!!!!
Now seriously, i hope it will last long enough to the time when we have really advanced virtual reality.... :D

frodrigues55
04-03-2014, 12:17 PM
I think the main games will stop in a few years. They are too big now so once it stop selling a lot (which will eventually happen, I think), the costs won't be justified.

Once that happens, I can see them stopping with the annual releases and focusing on big releases every 3 or 4 years, like other big franchises do; or letting the big games die while keeping the franchise alive with mobile games and other random stuff, like PoP now.

RinoTheBouncer
04-03-2014, 01:04 PM
If I was asked when we were during the ACR or ACB era, Iíd say HELL YES. Now, Iím not sure itíll be remembered 3 decades from now.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-03-2014, 05:08 PM
I think the main games will stop in a few years. They are too big now so once it stop selling a lot (which will eventually happen, I think), the costs won't be justified.

Once that happens, I can see them stopping with the annual releases and focusing on big releases every 3 or 4 years, like other big franchises do; or letting the big games die while keeping the franchise alive with mobile games and other random stuff, like PoP now.

I dont see a few years happening....
I see Assassins Creed ending on a HUGE number.... not huge as in quantity...but a milestone number
Milestone - Trillogy - 5 - 10 - 20 - 25 -30
I dont see AC 20 existing.... We already passed the trillogy... We will get ACV next year which will be MASSIVE, but the momentum it will have will be too much to end the series there....
No one ends on a 6...
BUT I could see it ending on a 7 only because Templars are weird with their prime numbers... 1...5...7...11...13
13 being their unlucky number...
I predict AC will end with Assassins Creed VII, Assassin's Creed X, or Assassins Creed XIII
No further than that though.

And I honestly believe that this gen in gaming will be one of the shortest because technology and media will change so quickly over the next 6 years.... I dont see twitch, youtube, and streaming being so big 6 years down the line... So lets say This gen ends 2020
2015 - 2020 ACV - ACX

AC dies with this generation of games....

danykk2009
04-03-2014, 07:24 PM
I dont see a few years happening....
I see Assassins Creed ending on a HUGE number.... not huge as in quantity...but a milestone number
Milestone - Trillogy - 5 - 10 - 20 - 25 -30
I dont see AC 20 existing.... We already passed the trillogy... We will get ACV next year which will be MASSIVE, but the momentum it will have will be too much to end the series there....
No one ends on a 6...
BUT I could see it ending on a 7 only because Templars are weird with their prime numbers... 1...5...7...11...13
13 being their unlucky number...
I predict AC will end with Assassins Creed VII, Assassin's Creed X, or Assassins Creed XIII
No further than that though.

And I honestly believe that this gen in gaming will be one of the shortest because technology and media will change so quickly over the next 6 years.... I dont see twitch, youtube, and streaming being so big 6 years down the line... So lets say This gen ends 2020
2015 - 2020 ACV - ACX

AC dies with this generation of games....
I hope you're wrong.... :p

Hans684
04-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Ubisoft has said they would like to reach ACX, when we get to it is another matter.

frodrigues55
04-03-2014, 10:55 PM
Ubisoft has said they would like to reach ACX, when we get to it is another matter.

Probably next year

AssassinHMS
04-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Nah, zombies need human flesh to sustain themselves...........I think, and there are only so many humans left.

poptartz20
04-04-2014, 03:57 AM
I can see it having a reboot.

The only way that may increase the likelihood of surviving a century is if it becomes serialized in famous comics like Marvel.
But yet, who knows...

Ahh! This too!

I would love to see it go on and take forms in other mediums! :) Comic Books would be a great edition to this!

Locopells
04-04-2014, 11:17 AM
I suspect it will peter out after a while, then HD/gameplay upgrades of the first games will happen to reawaken it when the next generation of players come round. As to 100 years from now - who knows?

Can I say - nothing is true, etc?!