PDA

View Full Version : Likely stupid cheating question...

HazyDragon
03-31-2014, 11:22 PM
Question for AC4...

I was always wanting to check out the cheats I have unlocked, but I am wary of ever saving again... so, I wanted to ask a likely silly question;

Can I turn on a cheat, play the game with the effects for a time, then turn it back off, so I can resume any progress saving, or would I have to exit the game, and then re-launch it without the cheats enabled to save progress?

It's kinda misleading to me when it says in game 'While cheats are enabled'. So, makes me think I can simply turn the effect off, and it'll resume saving. Or, am I flawed?

HazyDragon
04-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Well, I did a small test to see what happens when ya turn on the silly 'Arrr, Matey' cheat, and then sailed for a while, then turned it off... as soon as I hit backspace to go back to the 'Challenges' screen, it suddenly went to loading screen, and re-loaded from where it last saved. So... no making progress without saves, and turn off cheats to save; it'll just load where you were before ya turned it on.

It's a little disappointing, but, then again, it's respectable; dun want someone earning all the challenges unfairly!

Alphacos007
04-01-2014, 12:57 AM
Exactly as HazyDragon said, as soon as you de-activate it the game will load your last save so you can continue playing as usual.