PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 2 or Brotherhood

Darksaiyan9000
03-31-2014, 01:59 AM
Hey guys im kinda new around hear so sorry if i sound kinda slow

So basically i have just enough PSN Credits left to buy either Assassin's Creed 2 or Brotherhood, they both cost the same right now at $20 so i want to buy either one and maybe buy the other one just for the heck of it eventually, but to be honest im actually kinda new to the Assassin's Creed Series, so can I get some advice or game differences so i can decide which game to buy, like which one has a better game play or which has a better story? I've heard Brotherhood has Multiplayer, is it worth it? Thanks

Alphacos007
03-31-2014, 02:01 AM
You should start with AC2, considering AC:B is a sequel from AC2.

SixKeys
03-31-2014, 02:14 AM
Yeah, start with AC2. ACB is a direct continuation of that story and you will be lost. Brotherhood has multiplayer, but sadly it's pretty much dead these days.

Assassin_M
03-31-2014, 02:22 AM
Tough decision...really tough. on one hand, I much prefer ACB's refined combat, polished gameplay and awesome side missions but detest the story. I much prefer AC II's story and beautiful cities but detest the slow combat and less refined gameplay. On the other hand, you'll be confused if you play ACB and not AC II but you'll be missing out on a much better gameplay experience in ACB...

For me, it's like this...

I play ACB for the polished gameplay, refined combat and various awesome side missions.
I play AC II for the story, music, some side missions (tombs) and beautiful setting.

Take this as you wish, I hope you can come to a decision soon

Dome500
03-31-2014, 03:02 AM
I would start with AC2.

If you probably get both eventually then 2 would be the best place to start.
It's combat might not be that refined, but in the end it's better getting used to the combat now before playing Brotherhood than later after playing it.
Also, to understand the story you absolutely should start with AC2.

Also, the combat is not THAT bad.

rupok2
03-31-2014, 04:09 AM
AC2 definitely, its imo the best one in the series when the series full potential came together. The story is amazing and I still get feels when I hear the music and see the intro again.

oliacr
03-31-2014, 06:36 AM
I finished ACB first then AC2 :D :D so it is up to you :)

phoenix-force411
03-31-2014, 09:40 AM
Assassin's Creed II first before ACB as others have said. The combat is probably what hurts the game the most, but the music and the story make up for that setback. It's still one of the best AC games out there. Don't be bothered by the graphics for ACII though.

danykk2009
03-31-2014, 09:51 AM
I would start with AC2... yes, Brotherhood mechanics are more evolved, but the main story, missions and settings are, in my opinion, much better in AC2..... and if you play AC:B first, you won't get the story, but is up to you...

LatinaC09
03-31-2014, 12:51 PM
Definitely start with AC2!! If you do that then you'll be able to follow the Brotherhood storyline a little bit easier. AC2 is such a good game. Every so often I'll still go back to play it.

Matt.mc
03-31-2014, 01:01 PM
AC2 is the way to go if you care about the story. It's pretty incredible.
Brotherhood was much better gameplay mechanics though.

Imagine if they re did Ac2 and added the combat from Brotherhood... *mouth watering*

oliacr
03-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Imagine if they re did Ac2 and added the combat from Brotherhood... *mouth watering*

Imagine if they redone from AC1 to AC Revelations with combat and free run system from AC 3 or 4

ze_topazio
03-31-2014, 01:39 PM
Imagine if they redone from AC1 to AC Revelations with combat and free run system from AC 3 or 4

No thanks, I like to have control over my climbing and free running and I prefer to kill my enemies fast and not slash them one thousand times, when I want to do that I play Devil May Cry.

Matt.mc
03-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Yeah I think just adding the combat from Brotherhood is enough :D Plus, it would be a lot easier.