PDA

View Full Version : Ac4 strange problem

Raziaell
03-30-2014, 05:04 PM
I have a problem with AC4 for pc:
There are time in which it runs at 35 - 40 fps and time in which it runs at 10 - 15 fps.
This happens in the same area, in the same graphical conditions, and when PC is running only AC4 and there aren't process in background.
I have a i5 1500K, 8 gb ram 1600 mhz and an AMD radeon hd 6970.
Anyone has a solution?

YazX_
03-30-2014, 05:19 PM
unfortunately, the game is not well optimized for PC, there are numerous reports and threads of FPS drops and poor performance, lowering graphics settings might help especially Environment Quality , Textures and shadows. and if you have V-Sync enabled, download a program called D3DOverrider to force triple buffering.

you might also disable one core of your CPU for AC4 process through Task Manager, it helped some users to gain some performance.

dangerdan009inc
03-30-2014, 07:15 PM
I have another stupid problem.I had 60% in AC 4 but then when i logged in it said 45%. Its probably just a generic save loss but i also have this concern: Is it possible for my save to be replaced by somebody elses save from someone elses account?? LIke can it be an accident or a glitch on Uplays part??? Its probably nothing but i'm still concerned, PLease Help!!

YazX_
03-30-2014, 09:46 PM
I have another stupid problem.I had 60% in AC 4 but then when i logged in it said 45%. Its probably just a generic save loss but i also have this concern: Is it possible for my save to be replaced by somebody elses save from someone elses account?? LIke can it be an accident or a glitch on Uplays part??? Its probably nothing but i'm still concerned, PLease Help!!

Please dont hijack this thread with your problem, you have already opened a thread about your issue.

dangerdan009inc
03-31-2014, 04:48 AM
I'm sorry it's jus that this thread is really bothering me i apologise but i need all the help i can get.

Raziaell
03-31-2014, 09:01 AM
unfortunately, the game is not well optimized for PC, there are numerous reports and threads of FPS drops and poor performance, lowering graphics settings might help especially Environment Quality , Textures and shadows. and if you have V-Sync enabled, download a program called D3DOverrider to force triple buffering.

you might also disable one core of your CPU for AC4 process through Task Manager, it helped some users to gain some performance.

I tried yet this fix but they didn't work for me. The strange thing is that, for example, if I stay in Nassau, there are times in which fps are 35 and times in which fps are 10. If the game starts at 40 fps, fps keep this value for all my play, not depending by the place in which I am (forest, sea, city, present). But if it starts at 10 fps, it keep this value also if I drop graphical settings. This is very strange, and I think that optimization is not my problem, but there is something more!

YazX_
03-31-2014, 10:41 AM
I tried yet this fix but they didn't work for me.

what fix? i posted more than one? you mean all of them?