PDA

View Full Version : What Arbitrary Number Would You Assign Each Game?

Shahkulu101
03-30-2014, 04:06 PM
I would assign the following arbitrary numbers:

AC1: 7/10 Robes are white and hood is beaked but story is not charismatic.
AC2: 10/10 I liked the bit where Jesus appeared for the second time - as in, all of it.
ACB: 10/10 The charismatic story and true Assassin Brotherhood make this true AC.
ACR: 8/10 Jesus has his thunder stolen by Altair but hoods are beaked.
AC3: 1/10 Assassin is natif nd only joynz Assassin's 4 persunal goles.
AC4: 0.5/10 Pyritz Creed.

thecodeman715
03-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Ac 8/10
ac2 10/10
ac:b 9.5/10
ac:r 7/10
ac3 6/10
ac4:bf 5/10

Dome500
03-30-2014, 04:53 PM
Why arbitrary? Seriously, should we... rate the games or just say "well, I count to 10 and when my friend says stop I write that number down".... ? I do not understand.
Anyway, if I had to rate them:

AC1: => 8/10 => Amazing story, good characters, lots philosophical and moral material and freedom in Assassinations. But it has not many tools and the story progression is rather linear. Since it's the first of the games though, I give it a +1 for being so innovative.
AC2: => 9/10 => Lots of gameplay improvements, unique story, lots of side activities, but also some unneccessary activities and it was not focused on the Assassins/Templars but rather on Ezios personal revenge, although in the end he did change and was a full Assassin (End of Ezios "recruit" phase)
ACB:=> 6.5/10 => Good addition of the Brotherhood system, Assassin management and several gameplay improvements. But. Mustache twirling cartoon villain Templars which only wanted power, some rather inaccurate characterizations of important historical characters (Cesare, Machiavelli), pretty linear story mission design that restricted you too much, OP of Brotherhood system. A small plus for the apple missions, because they were just f*** awesome being able to have that much power (I know, it's creepy how good that feels)
ACR: => 6.5/10 => Good Story, interesting journey for Ezio (and Desmond (a little bit, not THAT interesting)), some amazing gameplay additions (more freedom, distraction bombs (the other ones were boring), Assassins Dens), less "hollywood" story (that's a positive), good conclusion for all characters, but.... as good as no side missions, weird design decisions (hook-blade, tower-defense, 1st-person in Desmonds journey, rising wanted level when buying shops, etc) and way too short. A plus for Constantinople as setting (it was even a half Asian city)
AC3=> 6/10 => Good additions such as corner cover, whistling and some nice tools, as well as a new Assassin and interesting historical characters and good Assassination-Death-Dialogues, but.... Broken Stealth system, unbalanced rooftop guards, small buildings, a (more or less) broken wanted system, very hollywood/action/cinematic-focused, action-heavy gameplay, hypersensitive enemies, shoehorning of protagonist in historical events in a very "in your face" non-ignorable way, Connors personality (personal opinion), disjointed naval gameplay, a lot of technical issues, etc
AC4=> 7.5/10 => Heavy improvements on AC3, functioning Stealth system, supported stealth in a good portion of the missions, fun naval gameplay, variety of side activities, feeling of freedom (on the ocean), charming main protagonist, interesting Assassins (who merged with natives there, etc.), non-lethal weapons, more tools in general, a little bit more freedom in terms of Assassinations, authentic characters. Negative points are a slightly more clunky combat then AC3, story not focused on the Templar/Assassin conflict but rather on the philosophy of the pirates (drawing similarities to Assassins) and why it didn't work, bad/boring/non-progressive MD part, not enough flexibility and stealth support in mission overall (even if it is an improvement compared with most of the other games), small cities and less land/city gameplay, etc.

Those would be my ratings.

I don't know why you would want to have arbitrary assigned to AC, what is the sense of not evaluating but just assigning those numbers...?
arbitrary = random, no? At least that is what the dictionary tells me....

EDIT: Okay, so this is more of a joke thread, sorry, didn't get that. This above is a serious rating. I'll let it stand, just ignore it.

Shahkulu101
03-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Ac 8/10
ac2 10/10
ac:b 9.5/10
ac:r 7/10
ac3 6/10
ac4:bf 5/10
Lol

Shahkulu101
03-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Why arbitrary? Seriously, should we... rate the games or just say "well, I count to 10 and when my friend says stop I write that number down".... ? I do not understand.

AC1: => 8/10 => Amazing story, good characters, lots philosophical and moral material and freedom in Assassinations. But it has not many tools and the story progression is rather linear. Since it's the first of the games though, I give it a +1 for being so innovative.
AC2: => 9/10 => Lots of gameplay improvements, unique story, lots of side activities, but also some unneccessary activities and it was not focused on the Assassins/Templars but rather on Ezios personal revenge, although in the end he did change and was a full Assassin (End of Ezios "recruit" phase)
ACB:=> 6.5/10 => Good addition of the Brotherhood system, Assassin management and several gameplay improvements. But. Mustache twirling cartoon villain Templars which only wanted power, some rather inaccurate characterizations of important historical characters (Cesare, Machiavelli), pretty linear story mission design that restricted you too much, OP of Brotherhood system. A small plus for the apple missions, because they were just f*** awesome being able to have that much power (I know, it's creepy how good that feels)
ACR: => 6.5/10 => Good Story, interesting journey for Ezio (and Desmond (a little bit, not THAT interesting)), some amazing gameplay additions (more freedom, distraction bombs (the other ones were boring), Assassins Dens), less "hollywood" story (that's a positive), good conclusion for all characters, but.... as good as no side missions, weird design decisions (hook-blade, tower-defense, 1st-person in Desmonds journey, rising wanted level when buying shops, etc) and way too short. A plus for Constantinople as setting (it was even a half Asian city)
AC3=> 6/10 => Good additions such as corner cover, whistling and some nice tools, as well as a new Assassin and interesting historical characters and good Assassination-Death-Dialogues, but.... Broken Stealth system, unbalanced rooftop guards, small buildings, a (more or less) broken wanted system, very hollywood/action/cinematic-focused, action-heavy gameplay, hypersensitive enemies, shoehorning of protagonist in historical events in a very "in your face" non-ignorable way, Connors personality (personal opinion), disjointed naval gameplay, a lot of technical issues, etc
AC4=> 7.5/10 => Heavy improvements on AC3, functioning Stealth system, supported stealth in a good portion of the missions, fun naval gameplay, variety of side activities, feeling of freedom (on the ocean), charming main protagonist, interesting Assassins (who merged with natives there, etc.), non-lethal weapons, more tools in general, a little bit more freedom in terms of Assassinations, authentic characters. Negative points are a slightly more clunky combat then AC3, story not focused on the Templar/Assassin conflict but rather on the philosophy of the pirates (drawing similarities to Assassins) and why it didn't work, bad/boring/non-progressive MD part, not enough flexibility and stealth support in mission overall (even if it is an improvement compared with most of the other games), small cities and less land/city gameplay, etc.

Those would be my ratings.

I don't know why you would want to have arbitrary assigned to AC, what is the sense of not evaluating but just assigning those numbers...?
arbitrary = random, no? At least that is what the dictionary tells me....

You do not know it, but you yourself have just assigned arbitrary numbers to each AC game.

Dev_Anj
03-30-2014, 05:01 PM

Dome500, did you not get the joke? This thread is meant to mock the inflexible fans of Assassin's Creed, who insist on features that don't help the main game that much and only brand lock the franchise further than it needs to be.

JustPlainQuirky
03-30-2014, 05:12 PM
AC1: 8/10 okay
AC2: 10/10 woo ezio
ACB: 9/10 woo more ezio
ACR: 7/10 booo tower defense but dat ezio
AC3: 6/10 boo want ezio
AC4: 9/10 woo pirates! badass!
ACC: 6/10 boo want pirates!
ACU: 7/10 boo want connor

:rolleyes:

Dome500
03-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Dome500, did you not get the joke? This thread is meant to mock the inflexible fans of Assassin's Creed, who insist on features that don't help the main game that much and only brand lock the franchise further than it needs to be.

No I really do not get it....

So you are saying that this is basically a trolling thread?.....
Okay...

I still let the post stand, might EDIT it to note it's a serious rating.

oliacr
03-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Ac1: 7/10
ac2: 9/10
acb: 9.5/10
acr: 11/10
ac3: 10/10
ac4: 10/10

Shahkulu101
03-30-2014, 05:17 PM
No I really do not get it....

So you are saying that this is basically a trolling thread?.....
Okay...

I still let the post stand, might EDIT it to note it's a serious rating.
I am not trolling. I am giving birth to art.

Dome500
03-30-2014, 05:23 PM
I am not trolling. I am giving birth to art.

Sure ;D

Dev_Anj
03-30-2014, 05:27 PM
Just for your information Dome500, the Assassin's Creed community tends to be crazier, and obviously much larger than the Splinter Cell community. With that in mind, have fun. ;)

Dome500
03-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Just for your information Dome500, the Assassin's Creed community tends to be crazier, and obviously much larger than the Splinter Cell community. With that in mind, have fun. ;)

I do not really know what you intend to tell me with that.....

Kirokill
03-30-2014, 05:31 PM
AC1 9/10: No don't mock me for saying first is best. I liked EVERY single thing in this game, everything, even the flags, the horse mechanics, I did not feel the missions too repetitive, I liked each templar and his tactics, and the story was mind twisting. But Altair started as an arrogant piece of meat, but his redemption fixes it. But him killing the person he just punched the answer out of him reduced this.
AC2 --/--: Didn't play it, skipped the game that is considered the best xD
ACB 6/10: Lots of side mission, loads of activities, cut scenes for master assassins. But the typical villain story and that word: Guards! Guards!. Ezio getting the golden fruit is a good part of the story and was the most enjoyable.
ACR 8/10: I enjoyed den defense actually, even if I played it for once. Good everything, in part of story except it had way too much fantasy. Overall good ending, old man with action is the best thing. Ship destruction was awesome, final mission in sequence 8, Altair memory! So I just disliked two things, the fantasy was too much and Templars attack the cities you take way too fast.
AC3 7/10: Many glitches, good story, good animations, good style used, liked the cities.
AC4 5/10: I like the outfit and ship battles. I disliked most of the stuff, guards more glitchy than AC3, glitches overall more than AC3, countering more glitchy, Edward was too selfish. Bored to type more.

itsamea-mario
03-30-2014, 05:51 PM
AC1: 9/10 great game
AC2 !/5
ACB bill clinton/10
ACR 10/10000000000000000000
AC3 θ/λ
AC4 http://rocketdock.com/images/screenshots/Sea-battle.jpg/http://www.britishbattles.com/spanish-war/armada/battle-gravelines.jpg

Assassin_M
03-30-2014, 05:55 PM
AC I: 4/10 it iz repetitive and altiar sounds like a robot and almuslim has a beard. very terrorist. this game is a muslim propaganda.
AC II: 10/10 because zey say za kreed in it and becuz enzo is lady man.
ACB: 10/10 because zey say za kreed more and it haz brozerhood.
ACR: 3/10 I don't why, really but ac ii iz best evar.
AC III: 1/10 becuz it haz no kreed and becuz conner iz a boring biece of chit. asscreed is becoming very familiar and boring, zy need somesing new.
AC IV: 0/10 wtf? pyrates? zis iz not asscreed anymore

Aphex_Tim
03-30-2014, 05:56 PM
Ac1: 10/10
ac2: 10/10
acb: 0/10
acr: 1/10
ac3: 10/10
ac4: 11/10

D4rkAssass1n123
03-30-2014, 07:15 PM
AC I: 4/10 it iz repetitive and altiar sounds like a robot and almuslim has a beard. very terrorist. this game is a muslim propaganda.
AC II: 10/10 because zey say za kreed in it and becuz enzo is lady man.
ACB: 10/10 because zey say za kreed more and it haz brozerhood.
AC III: 1/10 becuz it haz no kreed and becuz conner iz a boring biece of chit. asscreed is becoming very familiar and boring, zy need somesing new.

I hate all those people that think ac4 sucked cos it was a pirate game. actually it was my fave setting from the whole franchise. I mean okay i admit the character was kinda lame but still cool to me. but the golden age of piracy was definatly a really awesome setting. its stupid to say its no ac cos of the setting. Why wouldnt there be assassins and templars in the golden age of piracy?

JustPlainQuirky
03-30-2014, 07:18 PM

I spit my drink there.

Such terrorist. Much propaganda. Wow

Assassin_M
03-30-2014, 07:20 PM
I hate all those people that think ac4 sucked cos it was a pirate game. actually it was my fave setting from the whole franchise. I mean okay i admit the character was kinda lame but still cool to me. but the golden age of piracy was definatly a really awesome setting. its stupid to say its no ac cos of the setting. Why wouldnt there be assassins and templars in the golden age of piracy?
becuz injuns and pyrates can't be trooo assassiz, only playboy Italianz can be trooo assassiz

danykk2009
03-30-2014, 07:32 PM
becuz injuns and pyrates can't be trooo assassiz, only playboy italianz can be trooo assassiz

lmao...

lothario-da-be
03-30-2014, 07:38 PM
ac1: 6/10 Too repetetive, nd combat was too hard
ac2: 10/10 Totaly epic, godzio was da best character, and alos cause of courtesans are hot.
acb: 9/10 Rome was boooring and the vilains sucked, but godzio was back and the asasins are AUSSOME
acr: 8/10 Too short and city sucked, but godzio was back, AND I FLEW WITH A PARACHUTE THROUGH DA CITY
ac3:5/10 Merica sucked, Connor was boring and had no character, but thi kill animations were cool, also WOOD CLIMBING
ac4: 10/10 Pirates and asasins, do you need more?

oliacr
03-30-2014, 07:39 PM
becuz injuns and pyrates can't be trooo assassiz, only playboy Italianz can be trooo assassiz

gotta like it

AssassinGame1
03-30-2014, 07:41 PM
AC1: 9/10 Choppy story, everything else was perfect
AC2: 10/10 Clearly best Assassin's Creed in the series.
ACB: 8/10 game was short
ACR: 6/10 Did not match up to expectations
AC3: 8/10 Free roam wasn't satisfying
AC4: 9/10 Choppy story, everything else was perfect

STDlyMcStudpants
03-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Ac1: 7.5/10
ac2: 9/10
acb: 8.5/10
acr: 8.5/10
ac3: 9.5/10
ac4: 9/10

D4rkAssass1n123
03-30-2014, 07:58 PM
ac1: 8/10
ac2: 10/10
acb: 8/10
acr: 7.5/10
ac3:6.5/10
ac4: 10/10

Hans684
03-30-2014, 08:13 PM
AC II: Infinate/Infinate because zey say za kreed in it and becuz enzo is lady man.
ACB: Infinate/Bioshock Infinate because zey say za kreed more and it haz brozerhood.

Fixed it but the rest is perfect.